OWA email subject dropdown menu?

Can someone please help me with customizing OWA:
I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box.
The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can
specify it on the subject box.

Thanks
prem
0
premmetje (84)

"Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> Can someone please help me with customizing OWA:
> I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box.
> The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can
> specify it on the subject box.
>
> Thanks
> prem

Which version of Exchange?  It's probably quite easy with 5.5, but may be
difficult with the later versions.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee
2/16/2005 8:06:27 PM
Thanks for your reply.
I have Exchange 2003, as part of Windowns SBS2003.

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" <email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m> wrote in message news:<#W9fCMGFFHA.936@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl>...
> "Prem" <premmetje@zonnet.nl> wrote in message
> > Can someone please help me with customizing OWA:
> > I need a drop-down menu in (or before) the Subject box.
> > The users need to choose from 10 basic subjects, after which they can
> > specify it on the subject box.
> >
> > Thanks
> > prem
>
> Which version of Exchange?  It's probably quite easy with 5.5, but may be
> difficult with the later versions.
>
> Lee.
0
premmetje (84)
2/17/2005 3:56:33 PM
> Thanks for your reply.
> I have Exchange 2003, as part of Windowns SBS2003.

Extremely difficult with OWA 2003.  All the page output comes from a
file called wmtemplates.dll, which it would be unwise to modify, since
it also appears to contain compiled code.

The only person I know of that has tried changing OWA 2003 behaviour
to any significant degree is Siegfried Weber:
http://www.asaris-matrix.com/sweber/playground/default.aspx?category=Exchange
If you have a look at some of his stuff, and have the time to learn
JavaScript, you may be able to come up with a solution, but you would
need to have a lot of time :)

Lee.

--
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

0
Lee

Change entries in popup list for partially typed email addresses
When I start a new email and type in the first few letters of a recipient name or email address, I am given a helpful list of candidate addresses. However, the email addresses of one acquaintance in this list needs to be corrected. How can I do this? I tried looking in the address book, but none of the lists seem to contain this contact. I am using Outlook 2003 on Windows XP. The autocompletion cache has nothing to do with your Contacts. It is simply a cache of your prior recipients. Remove individual addresses from the autocompletion cache by highlighting the entry when pres...

Email Attachments #6
Hey- It used to be that when I got attachments, the attachment icon would be in the body of the email along with the text - and therefore very easy to select, copy and paste into other emails. However, now, many times the attachment icon is showing up in an issolated box separated from the text by a grey line. Now I can't select, copy and paste the icon as easily as I used to. Question: A.) Is there a way to take an email, that has it's attachments issolated in this box at the bottem and put it back with the text in the body? B.) Is there a way to manipulate this kind of ema...

Email problem 01-29-08
Hello, I am trying to put in 5 five names in the SendCC and it works fine for the first three but when I drop to the next line to add the other two, I get a syntax compile error and the last two name appear in red. Could someone please help me. I'm sure I am not adding something in the code but don't know what. Here is the code I am using: On Error GoTo EH Dim SendTo As String, SendCC As String, MySubject As String, MyMessage As String SendTo = "" SendCC = "dalia.ssssssss@bankxxxxxx.com, alpheretta.sssss@bankxxxxxx.com, myrna.sssss@bankxxxxxx.com &a...

Word 2000 as Email Editor for Outlook 2002
I have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 software and I am trying to use Word 2000 as my email editor but under options it does not allow me to select Word as the email editor. Is there a patch to make this work? Tools>Options>Mail Format Check "Use Microsoft Word to edit email messages" -- Carol Haynes Reply address is set to vaporize - don't expect a reply! "alecshawp@hotmail.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1287701c3f703$2bc63b40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have just upgraded to Outlook 2002 software and I am > tryin...

Exchange to Redirect email for its own domain ?
Is it possible that Exchange 2007 that is configured to catch email for domain1 and has all the mailbox there 'redirects' some of the mails that arrive for a specific account to another external MTA? I know this can be done in a domain basis, but can it be done in an account basis? You can create mail contacts for addresses you want redirected. -- Ed Crowley MVP "There are seldom good technological solutions to behavioral problems." .. "Christian" <creizlein@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:52553999-A6A2-4866-A26A-BC0C644A31D9@microso...

Outlook express emails
I send emails and outlook express 6 shows that they have been sent but the emails are never received. I am running windows xp and sending emails thru comcast.net. Some emails go thru and I can go to comcast and send emails thru their website. Any help? -- COOLKEN Any error message? If so, post it. 1: Make sure your settings match these. Comcast has made some changes. Change the SMTP port to 587 and make sure: My Server Requires Authentication is checked. How do I set up/configure Outlook Express, Windows Mail & Windows Live Mail for Comcast email? http://www.comc...

outlook2003 antispam filter not working if filters to move email is enable
the filters for move email in others folder have advanced priority to filter antiSpam. therefore the email do not come intercepted from filter antiSpam if a rule in order to move email in predefined folder. Example: filter: email whit TO: carlo@test.com move in forlder CARLO and antispam filter block @XXXX.XXX email arrives con sender xxxx@xxx.xxx and TO: carlo@test.com = the filter move email in CARLO folder. If I off filter for "move email in CARLO folder" the filter antispam block email and move in atispam folder. in practical if I hold assets the filters to move the ...

Addresses disappear when exporting emails from Outlook Express 6 to Outlook 2002
Hi, I have a bunch of emails stored in Outlook Express 6.0 that I would like to export to Outlook 2002. Since OE doesn't have a PST file, I used the "export" function. However, once exported, my emails lost the actual email addresse in all those exported/imported emails in Outlook. In otherwords, once I exported my emails to Outlook, I now see: From: John Doe, but doesn't clicking WILL NOT give the the actual address (i.e.: john.doe@hotmail.com). Is there a way to export from Outlook Express WITHOUT losing this precious information? I tried exporting my address bo...

Setting contact to different email account
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C9C572.AEA25E70 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have 3 email accounts and I want to set one of my contacts to one of = the other accounts - not the default account that Outlook is set to. Is = there a way to do this in Outlook 2007? I sometimes forget to change to = the account when writing an email and it doesn't reach the recipient = because they have their email setup to only receive email from people in = their address book. Thanks, Wyman...

Email BenchMark for Exchange ?
how to measure the Exchange/Email Performance of a production platform ? I don't LoadSim is not a good option for production Exchange. -- br, martin http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/perfscalguide.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/e2k3perf.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/2003/library/optimizestorage.mspx /Lasse "martin" <martin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D207A8A6-3A95-4E25-851F-3F03D8DB004B@microsoft.com... > how to measure the Exchange/Email Pe...

Invite Attendees in OWA
The Invite Attendees Button is visible but unavailable in OWA under 2000 - Q329342. Is this still the case with 2003? No. -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I www.akomolafe.com www.iyaburo.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "Bernie Lorden" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:037301c3c8d5$f540cdc0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > The Invite Attendees Button is visible but unavailable in > OWA under 2000 - Q329342. Is this still the case with > 2003? Yes, still not there. "Berni...

Send mail to secondary email address
Hello, Is it possible to send an email to the secondary email address of a CRM contact? If a customer wants a email from us to his business and private mail address, we do not want to create two contacts for that. Instead we would like to enter the private as secondary email address (3 mail fields are available out of the box) and put that in the CC. The problem is, that the mailaddres is "parsed" to the contact, so the mail gets to the primary again. Is there a way to force CRM to send to the primary and cc to the secondary (or even ONLY to the secondary?) What else would the se...

How to add sender email automatically in Outlook 2002
Please tell me how to send setup for all my sender email address can automatically put into my address book, for example like outlook express you can do that pretty easy. Right click on the senders address, select add to contacts. This is the only way in Outook 2002 and later. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Erick asked: | Please tell me how to send ...

Outlook + Norton Firewall then no outgoing Emails
Weird: Had Outlook 2k SR1, installed Norton Firewall then Norton System Works 2003. Everything worked fine for a while. Then eventually, I discovered an increasingly larger percentage of Emails never actually made it out of the outbox, even though the outbox said they were sent. KNowing the Norton Antivirus part of System works intercepted the outgoing E-Mail, scanned it, then sent it on its way, I eventually came to the realization that it must be that software. I uninstalled both the system works and firewall. Support from Norton was guesses non of which seemed relevent. Now it g...

disable system-menu SC_MOVE ???
Hi! I am trying to disable the SC_MOVE entry within the system-menu of my VC++.NET MFC-app, but I cant get it to work. I tried everything that I found on the net, e.g. using GetSystemMenu(FALSE) and EnableMenuItem(SC_MOVE, MF_BYCOMMAND | MF_DISABLED | MF_GRAYED) within the OnCreate() handler of my frame-window. I also tried it by using the ON_WM_INITMENUPOPUP() handler, with no success, the menuentry stays enabled. I am using the ON_UPDATE_COMMAND_UI-processing (m_bAutoMenuEnable=FALSE) within my app. any hints on how to accomplish to disable the SC_MOVE menu-entry in the system-menu would ...

Email delivery failures
Hi All, Quite regularly we are getting email delivery failures, for both internal & external with the message below, but a retry will succeed. The e-mail system was unable to deliver the message, but did not report a specific reason. Check the address and try again. If it still fails, contact your system administrator. <servername.domainname #5.0.0> Using Exchange on SBS 2000, total file size at present is about 10.5Gb. Any ideas, it occurs every day and is driving everyone crazy. Thanks Ian Have you applied the lastest Exchange Service Pack? Errors in the e...

owa administration first login
Hi, I've installed the owa administration tool for the first time. I first login but it won't allow me using administrator or domain admin user. Owa client can be access, as usual. Where's the documentation for the owa administration tool? Please advise, Roto You're not installing on a domain controller as well, are you? There was a known issue with this configuration IIRC. -- Neil Hobson Exchange MVP http://www.msexchange.org/Neil_Hobson/ "Roto01" <Roto01@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D5A14652-960C-415D-9379-2C5ACB754E5D@micro...

Email Relay
Can somebody please help me. Using Exchange 5.5, How can I setup exchange to relay email from another server to a user in another company. This email is used for monitoring purposes. Thanks. If you're trying to do an SMTP relay between domains, this article should explain the configuration involved: http://support.microsoft.com/?id=259531 -- Regards, Frank Castro fcastro@online.microsoft.com "someone" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:399e01c3fd7d$083869c0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Can somebody please help me. > Using Exchange 5.5, How ca...

Multiple Email Addresses
Hello, I have a question regarding a server that would host two email domains for example domain1.net and domain2.com. I know how-to get the Exchange 2000/2003 server to accept mail for both domains and to setup the SMTP address for the users. But is there a way that I can have the user specify which email address appears in the From section of the email as opposed to using whichever SMTP address is default? BTW. the client is Outlook 2003, if that matters. Thanks! Chris "Chris DeFreitas" <chris@NOSPAM.trinecom.com> wrote in news:#702taF5DHA.2580@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl: ...

dropdown problem
I have a form that uses two codes one to date stamp a change Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If Me.Dirty = True Then If MsgBox("Do you wish to save the changes?", vbQuestion + vbYesNo, "Save Record?") = vbNo Then Cancel = True Me.Undo Else LastModified = date End If End If and when i use the drop down list i get the Last modified=date is highlighted in yellow when i try go go to another record. the drop down list uses the following code. How can keep what I have and be able to go to another record? Private Sub Form_Current() Combo155 = SSI...

Forwarding emails with attachments
Hi, Some time ago, I never had any trouble forwarding emails that have attachments such as PowerPoint presentations. More recently at least half of the ones I forward reach the addressee with no attachment. After I SEND the email, I look in the SENT ITEMS and see the attachment, but it never gets to the intended receiver. This happens with several addressees, so it seems like the problem must be mine. It seems to happen no matter which way I try to forward it. My first try is usually to just hit "forward", then fill in the addresses and hit Send. If that fails I h...

Outlook 2000 (office version) and IE7
Having recently installed IE7 I now find that email from my pop3 accounts only work spasmodically ie when the accounts are freshly configured in Outlook 2000. I have saved them as *.iaf files so have to remove them from outlook and them re-import them each time I re-open outlook to check my email. They work fine as long as I don't close outlook. The error message reads: A TCP/IP error occurred while trying to connect the server. (Account: 'BT', POP3 Server 'mail.btinternet.com', Error Number 0x800ccc15). Any ideas as to how to fix this one? Thanks, Helen Jones Egg...

word 2003 as email editor in outlook 2003
Hello I have word 2003 sp2, outlook 2003 sp2 and xp sp2 home edition. When I reply to an e-mail I'd like to use word 2003 as e-mail editor. So I checked "Use Microsoft Office Word 2003 to edit e-mail messages." in Tools > Options > Mail Format. But on clicking Reply button on the Standard toolbar I get the follwing message "Microsoft Word is set to be your e-mail editor. However, Word is unavailable, not installed, or is not the same version as Outlook. The Outlook e-mail editor will be used instead. An OLE registration error occurred. The program is not correc...

new email activity from a case default recipient
The default recipient for an email activity opened in a case is the account. This would be much more useful as the responsible contact since this is the most likely recipient of a case email response. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micros...

Location of Entourage 2008 email files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC Where on my computer, will I find the file used to store my Entourage 2008 email files? "Bruce_Birnel@officeformac.com" wrote: > Where on my computer, will I find the file used to store my Entourage 2008 > email files? <http://www.entourage.mvps.org/database/index.html#db1> -- Diane ...