OWA Cannot download docs from Public folders

I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I have a dedicated front-end servers. When I go to a public folder that I placed a document in (and BTW I am the owner of the public folder and have no problems accessing it through Outlook 2003) and try try and open the doc through OWA I get an HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden , You are not authorized to view this page error

When this was on Exchange 2000 I did not have this problem and all I did was an upgrade from E2K to E2K3

What gives?
0
sarnst (6)

"Scott Arnst" <sarnst@umflint.edu> wrote:

>I am running Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003. I have a dedicated front-end servers. When I go to a public folder that I placed a document in (and BTW I am the owner of the public folder and have no problems accessing it through Outlook 2003) and try try and open the doc through OWA I get an HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden , You are not authorized to view this page error.
>
>When this was on Exchange 2000 I did not have this problem and all I did was an upgrade from E2K to E2K3.
>
>What gives?

"Freedocs" is what gives! They've been a problem since OWA was first
introduced. :)

Add this registry value

HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\MSExchangeWeb\OWA
Value name:	EnableFreedocs
Value type:	DEORD
Value data: 0 - 3

0 = Freedocs are inaccessible (the default)
1 = Freedocs are accessible, but only when accessed from the Back-End
Server
2 = Freedocs are accessible, but only when accessed from the Back-End
Server, or the Front-End server with a Host Header that matches an
entry in the AcceptAttachmentFrontEnds value
3 = Freedocs are accessible everywhere

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I also checked the IIS log and I see the GEt but there are no errors associated with it

Any other ideas

0
sarnst (6)
12/13/2003 2:01:05 AM
"Scott Arnst" <sarnst@umflint.edu> wrote:

>I added that registry setting (value set to 3) on my two front-end servers and rebooted them. I am still unable to access the document.
>
>I also checked the IIS log and I see the GEt but there are no errors associated with it.
>
>Any other ideas?

What happens if you add the value to the B-E server, too?

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks fo ryour help Rich!

Scott
0
sarnst (6)

Matching downloaded transactions #2
I am new to money 2004 and to me its not extremely clear which transaction money is auto matching and what its matching it to. It usually displays 3 transactions one of which has an exclaimation point. I know it should be simple to understand but in talking with other user's there seems to be a bit of uncertainty. On 2005-03-24, anti updates <anti> wrote: > I am new to money 2004 and to me its not extremely clear which transaction > money is auto matching and what its matching it to. It usually displays 3 > transactions one of which has an exclaimation point. I know ...

junk email folder lost its individuality in 2k3
Since moving the data files to a different partition the junk mail folder has lost its *no entry* icon and the email count is no longer green :-( I know its only cosmetic but can i restore these factors somehow? (i also had to tell the unread mail search folder to ignore the junk mail folder) This is a long shot but try starting Outlook once with the /resetfolders command line switch. This switch (and a few other really helpful ones) are discussed here: http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/q182/1/12.asp "Captain Epsylon" <nospan@nospam.com> wrote in message news:...

catch the incoming message event on a public folder
Hello, Is it possible to catch the incoming message event when a new message arrives into a public folder, and run an external exe file? Thanks. ...

OWA Session Timeout on SBS 2003
I am using SBS 2003 with Exchange Server 2003. Does anyone know how to change or disable the Timeout when users are using OWA? Users are complaining that OWA times out after a short period of time... I have tried the method described on Microsoft Knowledgebase article for OWA 2000 but it doesn't seem to work. Any help would be greatly appreciated. David Are you using Forms Based Auth? Administrative and Registry Key Settings for Exchange Server 2003 Outlook Web Access http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823486 Look at TrustedClientTimeout (Private) and Public...

HOW TO UNAPPLY A/P DOCS
I ran some credits through from a vendor and applied them to the original a/p invoice in apply docs window. Then when I ran an aged trial balance, I notice one was incorrectly applied to a doc. If I go back to that same window, I cannot unapply. Actually, nothing shows up for that vendor. In help, it says go to Transactions- Payables- Apply to and we do not have that exact description but later in Help it mentions the Apply payables transaction window and that is where we are at. The weird thing is that the original doc isn't even fully applied so why wouldn't is continue to show ...

download stops at 99%
What would cause a download to stop at 99%. I've read a virus program could cause it is there anything else. Hi, 1. A full or corrupted Temporary Internet Files folder. Try clearing the Temporary Internet Files and set the size to less than 100 MB. 2. A third-party program- antivirus, security suite, download manager, firewall. etc. - Hope this helps, Don [MS MVP- IE] "Walter Goldschmidt" <wgold@woh.rr.com> wrote in message news:hhs2th$4le$1@news.eternal-september.org... > What would cause a download to stop at 99%. I've read a virus program...

Have free download for Excel for viewing files only.
I have received a file in an email and I cannot view it because I don't have Excel. PowerPoint has a free download so that you can view a presentation. If Excel had this same option, people would be able to view a spreadsheet sent to them for free. If that person wanted to make any changes to the file, THEN they would need to purchase Excel. You can download XL viewer from here http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA-4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN Watch for text wrap, Regards, "CJPrevette" <CJPrevette@discussions.microsoft.co...

Public Folders Appear before Mailbox
I jsut noticed something weird. I am using Outlook XP and my other mailboxes and Public Folders appear before mine. Any idea why??? THis is very weird Thanks Norman ...

Macro to select files with specific dates from a folder
I would appreciate your help to create a macro. I have a folder with a particular date say Aug 2006 and it contains various files with specific dates say 1st August, 2nd August etc and some with different date format. The macro should pick up only those files with dates 1st August, 2nd August and NOT select the files with the different date format and deposit these selected files into a new folder named Aug 2007. I want to make the macro code as generic as possible. Thanks, Amit Check out this page http://www.rondebruin.nl/folder.htm See the macro Copy_Files_Dates -- Regards Ron de Br...

downloaded transactions
How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren't there? I've downloaded my statements, they are imported into the account, Money tells me how many I need to review, but they aren't there as they usually are (bolded). I have tried to "accept all", to no avail. Any advice? Thanks, Bartley Try the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316900 "bartley" <bartleycox@msn.com> wrote in message news:0bad01c35d3c$2e32d4d0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > How can I "fix" downloaded transactions that aren...

Can't View Downloaded Items to Review
In my transaction view, after connecting to my Bank, I usually have items that show up in my transactions list based on how many items were downloaded. I have 8 Items for Review, but they do not show up in the transaction list?!?!?! Try the following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;316900&Product=mny "Dalton" <geoff@2bones.com> wrote in message news:e6EFv8vgDHA.520@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > In my transaction view, after connecting to my Bank, I usually have items > that show up in my transactions list based on how many items were...

How often do you download financial data?
I tend to download/update my bankstatements in Money once a day. Wondering if others do this or if its a weekly thing for them? I have mine setup for every 3 hours -- but this is only so I can be reasonably sure that all statements will have downloaded when I look at the file first thing in the morning. -- "BoDEAN" <jbo@aol.com> wrote in message news:lcgkjv8htndmkh0kf3j6hedjej17omq2m0@4ax.com... > I tend to download/update my bankstatements in Money once a day. > Wondering if others do this or if its a weekly thing for them? > > ...

Propagating permissions through Public Folders
I am trying to propagate a DL group to have change permission from a folder high in the hierarchy through to lower folders in the tree. I want to propagate this DL through, without removing DLs and permissions in the lower folders in the hierarchy. eg. Folder Level 1 Permissions A,B Folder Level 2a Folder Level2b Permissions A,C,D Permissions A,E,F If I wanted to give new user/DL "G" permission to entire public folder structure, can I add "G" to Folder level 1 and propagate to the folders ...

personal folder #3
for some reason I have 2 personal folder that loads the same items folder and emails. Its a duplicate and I can not get rid of either of them, close or delete. does anyoen know how to change this? If you're using a version of Outlook that supports mail profiles, the easiest way to fix this problem is to create a new mail profile from scratch, attach your good .PST file to it, and delete the old profile. What version of Outlook are you using, and if 98 or 2000, what mail support mode? If you're not sure, look at the second line of Help | About Microsoft Outlook -- it should say &...

Public folders in Active directory
Due to a corrupt Pub1.edb I have deleted the bad edb and stm file and created new blank files. My next step will be to re-create the public folder structure but before I do that I need to know how AD treats public folders and if I should manual delete the public folders in AD before I start re-creating folders in the new public folders On Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:07:02 -0800, RP in the Midwest <RPintheMidwest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Due to a corrupt Pub1.edb I have deleted the bad edb and stm file and created >new blank files. My next step will be to re-create the pu...

Downloaded but had to perform system restore
I paid for and installed Microsoft Money 2006 but had to do a system restore and now it is still telling me I have the trial version. I have triend to contact Microsoft but the product ID under the trial version cannot be found. Any ideas on what I can do? In microsoft.public.money, AtHomeMOM wrote: >I paid for and installed Microsoft Money 2006 but had to do a system restore >and now it is still telling me I have the trial version. I have triend to >contact Microsoft but the product ID under the trial version cannot be found. > Any ideas on what I can do? See http://...

Public folder administration issue(s)
I just started working in an environment which has the following issue(s). The overall problem is that I can't administer permissions on Public Folders in a Exchange 2000 environment. The public folders are accessible for viewing and adding items, et Characteristics are as follows From Outlook clients, no permissions tab is available when right-clicking on a public folder and selecting properties In ESM when in the Folders container under the Administrative Group I try to expand the Public Folders folder and receive the following error "The connection was refused. Ensure that your HT...

Constantly Synchronising Folders
Outlook seem sto be constantly synchronising folders and this appears to be blocking any larger e-mail attachments from being sent. Advice from the on-line Microsoft suggests disabling the sychronising filter under the synchronising tab under the righ click / properties drop down menu. I do not get the synchroising tab on these menus. I only get "General/ Home Page / Auto Archive / Administartion / Forms". I ahve asked professional advice but no one seems to be able ot help. My ISP allows up to 10MB to be sent. I am connected successfully to broadband. There is nothing in a...

send mail to specific folder
Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it stored in a folder other then INBOX? Using IMAIL I can address to: mailbox-folder@?????.com None (by addressing alone). On a second thought, maybe you could do something to have your message end up in Junkmail folder... -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT -------------------------------- "morton_homisco" <morton_homisco@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:344794B6-9A07-44B6-875B-F11CE8852B9E@microsoft.com... > Is there anyway to send mail (SMTP) to exchange server mailbox and have it >...

Moving Public folders from 2000 server to new 2003 exchange server
Hello there: I was wondering if you can use the move command under exchange tasks to move the Public folders as well as the calendar etc to the new 2003 exchange server. I have moved all the mailboxes without incident to the new exchange server but don't know how to go about moving the final public folders, calendar etc. Can you please give me some insite. Rebecca Go to the properties of the public folder in Exchange System manager and use the replication tab to add the new server in. You can do it as a two step process - add new in then wait for replication to occur and then...

OWA, can i put username without domain?
Hi all, I have 2 questions as follow: I just setup an exchange2003 as test. In owa, Do i have to put in my whole email address as the username or there is a way to shorten it to username only for login? I have this c1030af3 error when i try to get into public folders in ex. manager. But the problem solved by disable auto-protect in norton anti-virus. Is Norton conflict with exchange 2003? is there a fix for that? Thanks a lot all. Hi Derrick, Take a look at this KB Article: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/820378 It will explain how to edit the OWA Login.asp page to automatically i...

public folders and OWA
howdy all! I am running exchange 2003 sp1 on windows 2003. If i drag and drop an attachment into a public fodler the attachment shows up as as the icon of the attachmetn that i droped int ot the public fodler i.e .doc shows the icon as a word document. I can access this document with no problems using Outlook client. Now if i try and access this same document via OWA I get an "access denied error" *but* if instead of dragging and droping the attachmetn into the public folder via explorer (forexample) i *post* the attachment into the public fodler using outlook, then i can vi...

CRM E-mail in Draft Folder
When sending e-mail from CRM, the sent e-mail is going to the Drafts folder in Outlook. The e-mails are not showing up in the Sent folder yet recipients are receiving the e-mail. Any ideas on why this is happening? Thanks. We had this issue as well, and it was an issue where the user composing the mail was leaving the mail unsent open for longer then the default time of 3 minutes in Outlook. I set the users to save to drafts after 15minutes, and it has solved my issue. Hope this helps, Scott Thanks. I'll try it. "frappe33@gmail.com" wrote: > We had this issue a...

Missing Junk Email Folder in Exchange 2003 Mailbox (Outlook and OWA)
I have a user that is running Outlook 2003 and we are running Exchange 2003 Standard SP2 with IMF enabled and configured to send all junk candidates to the built-in junk email folder. The user is a long-time employee and has a mailbox that is probably 4 or more years old, so it has been upgraded from Outlook XP and Exchange 2000. I do not know how long ago this problem started, as he has just noticed and brought this to my attention, but he is missing his Junk Email built-in folder in both Outlook and Outlook Web Access. Outlook /resetfolders did not help. I can't find any information ...

Public Folder Permissions changed
We have a user who indicated his Public Folder sub-tree had it's default permissions set to Author. Are there any known issues in regards to a combination of client software/configurations that would overwrite the permissions for Defautlt and Anonymous access? Is there any kind of log file that would tell us when/who changed the permissions? We are running E2K3 in a 4+1 cluster. Thanks, John Oster OUHSC/IT John-O <JohnO@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We have a user who indicated his Public Folder sub-tree had it's default >permissions set to Author. Are the...