OWA, Can View Folder/Mail, but Cannot Send.. Why ?

 When using OWA, I can View my Emails on
 the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can
 use Find Name, and it will Search..

 But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops
 up and says:  "Failed to Send Item"

 Thanks...
0
my_email (17)

my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

>  When using OWA, I can View my Emails on
>  the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can
>  use Find Name, and it will Search..
>
>  But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops
>  up and says:  "Failed to Send Item"

Has it ever worked correctly? Does it only error when you use a name
from the find function or does it fail if you type in an address with
the user@host format?

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP

It fails anytime I hit the SEND button..
Reply, Forward, New Message... it will not send..

In article <Xns9492968189030arlowa@207.46.248.16>, "Arlo Clizer [MVP]"
<aclizer@online.pullman.com> wrote:
>my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:aFtYb.86583$cE3.30504327
>@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:
>
>>  When using OWA, I can View my Emails on
>>  the company's 5.5 SP4 Exchange Server, I can
>>  use Find Name, and it will Search..
>>
>>  But I cannot send an Email, I get a window that pops
>>  up and says:  "Failed to Send Item"
>
>Has it ever worked correctly? Does it only error when you use a name
>from the find function or does it fail if you type in an address with
>the user@host format?
>
>Regards,

0
my_email (17)
2/17/2004 8:54:02 PM
my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:KbvYb.86816$cE3.31045233
@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:

> It works fine from my Home PC, but seems
> to fail from my Clients Computers...
>
> It fails anytime I hit the SEND button..
> Reply, Forward, New Message... it will not send..

Do they have any popup blockers or personal firewalls? It sounds like a
client issue to me.

Regards,

--
Arlo Clizer
Exchange MVP
FAQ: http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm
Archives: http://groups.google.com
0
aclizer1 (399)
2/17/2004 9:10:13 PM
I dont think so, but will ask..

Thanks for the help

In article <Xns94929A50D9822arlowa@207.46.248.16>, "Arlo Clizer [MVP]"
<aclizer@online.pullman.com> wrote:
>my_email@is_private.com (XP User) wrote in news:KbvYb.86816$cE3.31045233
>@news4.srv.hcvlny.cv.net:
>
>> It works fine from my Home PC, but seems
>> to fail from my Clients Computers...
>>
>> It fails anytime I hit the SEND button..
>> Reply, Forward, New Message... it will not send..
>
>Do they have any popup blockers or personal firewalls? It sounds like a
>client issue to me.
>
>Regards,

0
my_email (17)

Store Operations crashes when viewing journal (F4) on register 2.
We have two registers, register 1 is the main machine where the database is located and register 2 is networked into it. Whenever you try to view the journal (F4) on register 2, the program crashes and gives this message just before closing: Run-time error '-2147417848 (80010108)': Automation error The object invoked has disconnected from its clients. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what the problem may be? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Install a default windows printer on register 2 - even if it's just something like the print to fax or MS Office Document...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Crash on 'Send"

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

Mail lMerge

sharing of folders

can't customize toolbar

Outlook 2003

Can anyone help ?

Send #4
Why is it that some of the send functions just keep the mail in the outbox until I close Outlook and reopen it? This happens on many replies and on all my context menu: send to email recipient and my send link to: ...

Send/Recieve error #3
I had few viruses in my computer that I cleaned up. Ever since, I face send/recieve error in my pop3 email account. I think I deleted a driver or somthing. Any idea? ...

can't add groups to public folders
I'm having a problem with my public folders - I can't add groups to them. I used to be able to, and now the members in a given group are unable to access that particular public folder. I can add individual users fine, but not groups. Anyone know how to fix this? Do you have sufficient rights in AD? What I am getting at, is that you need rights to change a group type to security. -- regards, Michael Abbaticchio MVP for Exchange Server http://exchange.mvps.org "Glenn" <nospam@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:%23N3yrgRoEHA.3324@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > I&...