OWA Calendar - Action Can't Be Performed

I have one OWA user who is unable to add appointments to their calendar.  It
works fine in the full-blown Outlook 2003 client, but not in OWA.  We are
using Exchange 2003 on Windows 2003 Server.

The error message I receive is:  "The action can't be performed"

I have already combed through all of the newsgroups and Google and have
checked the registry settings for the Free/busy Publish registry key and made
sure it has the correct string.  I have also exported the user's mailbox into
a PST, deleted the user's account and mailbox and recreated...still no change.

Wondering if OWA caches user information somewhere on the server?  Help?

Thanks!

User removed Anonymous permission from Calendar...how to get it back
A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In news:Xns9861A9314BAB8bobarcabca@207.46.248.16, Fuzzy Logic <bob@arc.ab.caREMOVETHIS> typed: > A user has deleted the Anonymous permissions from their calendar and > I am unable to find a way to get it back. Does anyone know what can > be done to add this back to their calendar. TIA In that user's Outlook, right-click on Calendar, properties, permissions tab. Add Anonymous, and do whate...

calendars
can i put a button on my toolbar so that i can access my calendar instantaneously? i have been having to minimize my screen to get to my calendar icon on the desktop' You can create a shortcut for this; outlook:calendar Replace calendar with the name of the folder you want to open. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Creating a Permanent New Mail Desktop Alert in Outlook 2003 ----- "marcy l. pitts" <marcy l. pitts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:71F4D81E-9C92-41...

OWA Question #7
Ok I am switching from OWA on Exchange 5.5 to OWA Exchange 2003. I got OWA to work correctly. I just have one question. Some of my Users have there Bookmarks pointing to https://servername/exchange/logon.asp But they get a 404 error pages doesn't exist. Where does Exchange 2003 look for this file so I can put a page redirect so they go to the correct address. Any help would be great. Thank you, Kyle Kyle D, In exchange 2003 with forms based authentication it would be Https://Server/Exchweb/bin/auth/owalogon.asp this points to (in a default install) C:\program files\ex...

OWA 2003 NEW MAIL Popup
Does anyone know how to tweak the settings for this popup? I need it stay on until it is clicked or the email is read. I am assuming that this is a javascript somewher in the echangeweb folder. I have tried to sniff all of the traffic created by owa and eevery two minutes my machine polls the server for new mail. I am not sure through htis traffic how the popup is being generated. Any help/guidance would be appreciated. ...

how do i create a custom calendar in excel?
I wish to create a customised calendar in excel showing only school working days to assist in timelining activities on various checklists that have to be done in term time only. Any help? ...

calendar issues with column headings
I have users that display multipe calendars at once. We are using OL 2003 with Exchange server 2003. When they have 5 or more calendars open, the column heading gets truncated. This is not a problem except that the column header is being center justified instead of left justified. When this happens, the name of the calendar becomes unreadable due to the names being similar in the middle of the calendar name. I found a setting in the views to change this for email column headers, but not for calendars. In OL2007, the calendar column heading is left justified. Is there an easy way ...

Outlook 2002: can't add new contacts, or new calendar entries
Hi; I've been struggling to get Outlook 2002 to add new contacts. They are created, but the name won't appear. Also when I try to add an event to the calendar, nothing appears. I have had these problems since Outlook 2000, which was the main reason I upgraded to Office XP Pro. But it hasn't solved the problem. I also find I can't get the auto archive to work properly, it often stops. I can't manually drag/move older emails to the archive folders, only newer ones. I've run the SCANPST program a few times, no errors. I've been trying to reduce the siz...

Tasks & Calendar is same view?
Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the calendar. Help. Thanks. Joe wrote: > Is it possible to view your tasks and calendar at the > same time? I would like to view a 1-week period calendar > view and my tasks at the same time... this way, I can > drag and drop tasks to their appropriate slots on the > calendar. Help. Thanks. In Outlook 2003 atleast you can open two windows at one time - in ...

Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable to create dest msg
I have a user receiving this error message. Server-Requested Client Action error: MoveCopy unable=20 to create dest msg Outlook 2002. Theare are no rules configured.=20 Any Idea? tks, Alisson S. Ara=FAjo ...

include busy/free time from "other" (i.e. ics) calendars
Please see the following thread. Is this possible? Could it be added as a future enhancement request? https://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring&mid=d5f088c7-77a7-48c5-8a9b-a1955f90aacc&sloc=en-us ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and t...

calendar unexpected error
I am having a problem with the calendars in CRM 3.0 Whenever i try to open the calendars (service/workplace) it gives me: "Error, unexpected error!" I can however shedule appointments, which also are saved in my outlook calendar. Allthough on saving the appointment i get the message: "General failure in scheduling engine" The appointment is still saved in my outlook calendar though. Any suggestions? What version of ASP.Net are you using on the CRM Web Site? I had the same problem and another issue with the reports that went away when I changed the ASP.Net version fr...

Public Calendar Attachments in OWA
In OWA my clients can add attachments to their personal calendar, but they cannot add attachments to the public calendar. This is only in OWA. Any suggestions on what I might need to change? ...

Sharing Calendar with personal dist list
I have been asked to find a way for people to share their calendars with personal distributions lists. Is this possible? Thanks! Wes If you in an Exchange environment and are talking about Exchange distribution lists; yes, you can. Just like you normally set permissions. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Properly back-up and restore your Outlook data -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "stahlerw" <stahlerw@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:258B3114-9ADE-4B8E-8184-7BE8FC09EDA8@microso...

Booked resources in calendar not showing booked
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am having issues with the calendar in Outlook/Office 2003 I will book a room as a resource and it is accepted. If I look back at = the resource it is not showing booked for that period time causing = double bookings. Anyone have any ideas? --=20 JONATHAN HESKETH ------=_NextPart_000_0008_01C5966F.A3C77020 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-print...

can't receive calendar invites properly
A company that I do some work for occasionally sends me calendar items. When I receive them at home on outlook 2000, they do not come in as calendar items. They appear more like a text message. Is there some kind of setting I need to change in order to accept their calendar items and have them go onto my calendar at home? They are using outlook 2000 and they run exchange 2003. I'm on outlook 2000 at home. No exchange server. jgross@quonix.net <jgross@quonix.net> wrote: > A company that I do some work for occasionally sends me calendar > items. When I receive them at ho...

OWA
Here's a weird one. I'm the Admin for the server at our company. I test OWA from home. I first tried to log in to all accounts. Worked fine. All of a sudden (within the next few days) I tried to log in under my acct...it works, BUT every other user that I try to log in as I get a error 401 Unauthorized User. But this is the weird part... if I use another browser (Netscape, Firefox) I can log in fine...under ANY user...just not when using IE. Any suggestions? The only thing that I did on the local side was install the OWA security S/MIME thing. This wouldn't have anything t...

Lotus Notes Calendar Synchronization with Outlook Calendar
Hello All! Does anyone have any recommendations for software that will allow a user that has both a Lotus Notes Calendar and Outlook Calendar to synchronize? I am researching a solution that may allow a consultant to have their calendar information available for other Exchange users without configuring the Exchange Server to talk directly to a Notes server. Thanks in advance, Dave I have not herd of any software that does this. "Dave" <someone@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:zroGc.164$fVC.28@news04.bloor.is.net.cable.rogers.com... > Hello All! > > Does any...

cannot attach files using OWA
Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot attach files larger than 6K from NT machines (with IE6) using Outlook Web Access. Try posting this to an Exchange group as Outlook Web Access is a function of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, J Johnson asked: | Ever since we have upgraded to Exchange 2000 we cannot | attach...

I got 'forbidden' popup message OWA.
I got 'forbidden' popup message when sending, replying emails using OWA. Please help! Also any configuration change gives me a also "Denied" Help please! Are you using a pop-up blocker on your workstation? On Sun, 20 Jun 2004 14:43:50 -0700, "TJC" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I got 'forbidden' popup message when sending, replying >emails using OWA. Please help! Also any configuration >change gives me a also "Denied" Help please! No pop-up blocker and this is for all my 50 account users. Very strange becau...

OWA not showing all email?
hello everyone, i posted a while back (but i think it slid to back pages) asking a question about a user who has outlook 2003 in the office and hooks up via OWA at home. recently it's become clear that not all of her messages are showing in OWA, yet they all show up when she reconnects on the office LAN. any advice on that? we are running exchange server 2003. in that vein, we would like to set her up with outlook 2003 accessing the exchange server from out of the office but are not sure how to go about doing that ... any tips on where to get started with that would be great...

public folder calendar returns all when using find
We have SBS2003 with exchange setup and functioning fine. All clients using Outlook 2003. We have setup a public calendar for inspections appointments which has been working fine. However one user now finds that when she uses the find feature on this calendar in outlook she is always returned all entries and not restricted to the scope of the find argument. The find feature works on all other public and personnel folders that she has. No other user has a problem. We have also tested on other pcs with her account and happens regardless of which machine is used. Have tried changing the permissi...

Activate Mailbox Calendars without logging on as user?
Hi Exchange experts, I have created a test site with an OU of 20 users with Exchange 2003 mailboxes. I would like to use PFDAVAdmin to grant everyone read only permissions to the calendars and grant publishing editor (or equivalent) permissions on the calendars so I can populate the users with test appointments. I understood that PFDAVAdmin synchronizes free/busy info at the same time as it assigns permissions. However, I am having two problems that I would appreciate you advice on : a) I cannot seem to access the mailbox calendar properties in PFDAVAdmin until I try to access them ...

OWA + more than 8 letters alias name
Recently I have experienced that users whoes email account has more than 8 letters have problem using OWA with error message of "HTTP/1.0 403 Forbidden". Users with less or equal to 8 letters have no problem at all. My server is Exchange 2003 (native mode). Much appreciated! ...

Online vc Outlook Calendar Booking
Hi all, If someone, using outlook, books a colleague who is only ever using the system online without using outlook, will the calendar entry appear in the online users exchange account in real-time? This puzzles me as I wonde rhow the real-time calendar features can work with a mix of online and offline users. Our engineers in the field will only ever use the system through the web interface, ut their PDAs synch to Exchange so we have to find a way to make the calendar realtime with Exchange for all users. Dre ...

Major Problem with OWA
Hi NG! I got a W2K3 machine with E2K3 SP1 in a W2K3 domain. I'm using SSL. OWA works fine internally, both with Windows integrated security and form based security. Externally fromm based is working, but standard authentification gives a server or dns can't be found error. Basically I want to use form based authentification. I just have other errors and I hope that this is connected to it. We have SSL enforced on the exchange, public and exchweb. We redirect http request to https, using the the resp. error page. The first time I saw that something was wrong, was when I wanted to...