OWA authentication problem #4

I've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and have been allowing users to use OWA.
One user is having problems: he claims to be putting in his username and
password (we're not using forms based authentication) but he always gets
Access Denied.

It works for everyone else with just the user login name and passowrd.

Are there any pre-requisites for IE at the client end?  He's got XP Home so
I assume he's using the version of IE that came with it.

Tim
0
TimGowen (1)

Is he allowed by Exhaange to use OWA?

Saludos,

Pablo Vernocchi
vernocchi@pcoffice.com.ar.delete.this
Buenos Aires, Argentina

On Sat, 15 Jan 2005 09:09:03 -0800, Tim Gowen
<TimGowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and have been allowing users to use OWA.
>One user is having problems: he claims to be putting in his username and
>password (we're not using forms based authentication) but he always gets
>Access Denied.
>
>It works for everyone else with just the user login name and passowrd.
>
>Are there any pre-requisites for IE at the client end?  He's got XP Home so
>I assume he's using the version of IE that came with it.
>
>Tim

0
vernocchi (21)
1/15/2005 5:56:07 PM
"Tim Gowen" <TimGowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and have been allowing users to use
> OWA.
> One user is having problems: he claims to be putting in his username and
> password (we're not using forms based authentication) but he always gets
> Access Denied.
>
> It works for everyone else with just the user login name and passowrd.
>
> Are there any pre-requisites for IE at the client end?  He's got XP Home
> so
> I assume he's using the version of IE that came with it.
>
> Tim

This sometimes happens if the user doesn't have an email address in the
Primary SMTP Domain, as defined in the Default Recipient Policy.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee
1/15/2005 6:41:10 PM
Tim Gowen <TimGowen@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and have been allowing users to use OWA.
>One user is having problems: he claims to be putting in his username and
>password (we're not using forms based authentication) but he always gets
>Access Denied.
>
>It works for everyone else with just the user login name and passowrd.
>
>Are there any pre-requisites for IE at the client end?  He's got XP Home so
>I assume he's using the version of IE that came with it.

As Lee points out, not having a SMTP address in the "default domain"
can be a problem. But so can having a user name that's similar to
another name (e.b. SmithB, and SmithBob, where SmithB might have a
problem).

If using just the nser name works for everyone else, have this one guy
use his SMTP address instead of his user name and see if that works.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

I had the same case with one user in our Exchange Organization and played
around the problem for several days. And funally it turned out that the
problem was in password which contained "special character" - @. As soon as
we reseted the password for him by using only alphabetical letters and
numbers, the sutuation came back to normal. Please take a look at Q250870.
It's about IE 5.0 but you can find it helpful.

Regards

"Tim Gowen" wrote:

> I've just migrated to Exchange 2003 and have been allowing users to use OWA.
> One user is having problems: he claims to be putting in his username and
> password (we're not using forms based authentication) but he always gets
> Access Denied.
>
> It works for everyone else with just the user login name and passowrd.
>
> Are there any pre-requisites for IE at the client end?  He's got XP Home so
> I assume he's using the version of IE that came with it.
>
> Tim
0
G1 (145)

BCM Reinstall problem
I just uninstalled and reinstalled Office 2003. When I install BCM, it looks like it works but nothing is available. The new help menu items are not even there anymore. Can anyone help me fix this problem? Everything else in Office seems to be working including Outlook. Just no BCM. Thanks, Scott ...

OWA Password Changes
I have setup the ability to change passwords on an Exchange 2003 Server running on Windows 2003. Everything will function, however when the Internet Service Manager Windows opens the Account Field is populated with a user name which has a "Partial Domain Name\Complete user name". The user has to erase the partial domain name and backslash befor the process will work. Does anyone know where that information is comming from or how to fix this? Thanks MikeB ...

Combo Box Sorting Problem
Hello experts, My report deals with data for wells. I have a combo box where the user will choose the name of the well, then it will display the appropriate report. It works great. However, the list in teh combo box shows as follows: paramount 1 denver Atlas Bailey 1 Bailey 5 Bell 10 Bell 12 Bell 14 Bell 17 Bell 2 Bell 5 Bell 6 Borie 1 BELMOT 1 BELMOT 12 BELMOT 2 BELMOT 3 Obviously, the issues are: upper/lower case not consistent; the numbers next to names are not sorted properly. Is there a code that would allow no case sensitivity and sort names with numbers appropriately? I a...

vlookup problem #12
Excel 2002 SP3 Win XP HE SP1 *Follow-up group is: microsoft.public.excel* *only reply to: microsoft.public.excel* hi, i am having a problem with vlookup wherein if i use formula A: =VLOOKUP(A2,NJ!$C$2:$C$48,1, FALSE) it works but formula B doesn't: =VLOOKUP(A2,NJ!$A$2:$E$48,5,FALSE) the only difference is the table array range which in the formula B looks into the same sheet etc., but at more columns. i can't understand what is causing the problem. i believe that the columns do not need to be sorted (help file); the sheets are formatted properly, etc. i've done LOTS of vloo...

Problem with Cut and Paste in Windows Explorer
Hi I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. Recently I have been having a problem where, when I cut and paste a folder that contains sub-folders into a folder that contains a folder with the same folder and sub-folder names, the data is not transferred, even though I am selecting yes to folder and file overwrite? Any idea on why and how to fix it, I am having to cut and paste data over from each folder individually. thanks Daniel On Wed, 21 Jul 2010 07:13:50 +1000, Daniel wrote: > Hi > > I have Ultimate SP2 fully updates. > > Recently I have been ...

public folder offiline address list oab version2, 3a,4 folder is lost
i using win2003 ,exchange 2003sp2 , have domain and sub-domain in recently my root domain user can't load offline address list then i see my "public folder " "view system folders" offline address book " "/o=HKG/cn=addrlists/cn=oabs/cn=offline address list" is miss " oab version 2, oab version 3a, oab version 4" folder i try more solution not work , my sub-domain is work , user can load offline addess book " public folder is nomral , can post and see in outlook and owa but if root domain user can't see public folder in owa just see a tex...

Problems downloading E*TRADE statements
I am using Money 2007 and downloading (not importing) transaction statements from E*TRADE. When the statement contains interest or divident transactions Money insists on assigning an investment to those transactions? How can I get Money to treat those transactions as cash only transactions? When Money matches a downloaded stock transaction with an entry I manually created, Money overwrites the transaction details, so instead of seeing e.g. purchased 100 MSFT at 100, I just see Jdbl. How can I get Money to clear the transaction, but not overwrite the transaction details? Regards Pieter...

vector problem
I have just recently change some code to use std::vector instead of CArray. It saves the data and displays the data after the file is opened again. The problem starts when I try to add another object to the vector array. First I load the data from the document to a ListCtrl on a form, where I can add elements to the vector. I also use the vector to get a pointer to each of the objects in the vector and add it to each of the ListCtrl items through SetIttemData(). After items are added to the list control and the submit button is press, the code goes through the list and if it has a valid...

vista problem
sorry i am new and dont know much about it and i need some help for the drive icon i have tried everything but nothing is working for me the drive icon in my computer for my d drive is a square one with red dots and i want it back to the normal one like other drives but tis not happening i tried the regedit method but no good and tried this one also and everytime i restart my pc the icon cache reappears and i cant do anything plz plz help me out i want my icon back plz help me out i even posted in the thread created but there was no reply plz plz tell what to do -- noman2912 ...

How do I combine 4 seperate Publisher files into one?
I have a group of 4 MS Publisher files each with about 40 pages and I'd like to combine them into one file. Other than copy and pasting each page, is there another way to accomplish this task? You can combine them all in a PDF program. There are free converters around. http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=free+pdf+converter&btnG=Google+Search -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "sgenkin" <sgenkin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CBC819DE-17C9-42A5-93E9-69F4C6F9A4EC@microsoft.c...

Problem POP3 connector
Hello, I have recently installed SBS 2003 box. I succesfully installed it, configured it. I backup my server totally every night. Now every morning i arrive at the firm, my boss is furious because the mails don't come in. When we restart the server, everything works wel then with the pop3 server? I think the problem lies in the backup. I think we backup something that is being used from the mail server and then stops. When we don't restart the server and manuallu the service i get the error something like that : "... if the service has nothing to do, it automatically shuts down...

Problem with outlook #4
Outlook cannot be started, the error message is: "Windows cannot access the specified devices, path, or files. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item." I use WindowsXP and Outlook 2002 and I login as Administrator. Outlook's Properities dialog can be started, but outlook cannot be started from desktop or directly from program folder. Other programs have no problem like this. Can anybody gives me some advices to solve this problem? Thanks in advance! ...

Autocomplete not working #4
Autocomplete is not working on my wife's Outlook (2007) account on my (Vista SP2) machine. Outlook help tells me I should find an .nk2 file in user\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook. In both my case and my wife's, this file is actually in user\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Outlook; but in my case, autocomplete works with the file in this position, but it doesn't in my wife's account. Moving the file in my wife's account to what Outlook Help says is the correct place doesn't work either. Of course the option to suggest names while completing To, Cc, and Bcc fields is ti...

Server 2003 update problem
This server is running server 2003 sp2, hasn't been updated in quite a while, was a terminal server but not any more. When I run windows update it wants to install a new version of update. It fails with error 0x8024D007. I tried a few troubleshooting steps I found online without success. One of these was to unregister and re-register wuaueng.dll. It will not re-register, gives the message "dllregisterserver in wuaueng.dll failed. Return code was 0x80070514". I renamed this dll and it was recreated but still the same error. I expanded the dll from the 2003 disk to th...

Port 25 blocking problem
Hello all, I have a client that when they arrived at their office today, no PC could send email to the hosted mail server. They could receive mail just fine. I had them telnet to the mail server on port 25 and no one could connect. Everyone can telnet to port 110. The strange thing is that I can telnet to tha mail server's port 25 from my office. Somewhere, port 25 is being blocked from each PC to the hosted mail server. Does anyone know how of a diagnistic tool to see where port 25 is being blocked? Can tracert be used for a specific port? Thanks, Tom You might want to post this t...

ssl / host headers odd problem
I am hosting 3 SSL sites at 1 IP addy using host headers and a wild card cert. I am able to access all sites without an issue. However, the newest site shows 'stopped' in IIS manager. The content is available whether the site is started or stopped. My boss thinks it's an issue so I have to figure out why the site is available when it is stopped. Any thoughts? can you see whether the 'newest site' is hosted in this IIS site? ping the URL , also see the host header of the IIS, change and see of any effect on th site ------=_NextPart_0001_A03C0321 Content-Ty...

Problem with re-installing Office Home and Student 2007
I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I run the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has stopped working". Can anyone help me with a way to overcome this? "makkih" <makkih@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C5BE1BE5-14DB-42F8-9BBC-AED3573FBFB8@microsoft.com... > I am trying to re-install Office 2007 after a hard drive failure. When I > run > the setup programme I get the message "Microsoft Setup Bootstrapper has > stopped working". Can anyone help me with...

Outlook 2002 hang with error message when closing. #4
My customer is using Windows 98 operating system, with the Office 2002 (XP) version, and many user encounter error message during they want to close the outlook, the problem did not happen when they open it, appreciate somebody can help/advice on this issue. Below is the Error report Contents:Exception Information Code: 0xfff60951 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x00000000c0000005 Address: 0x0000000000000000 System Information Windows, Minor Version: 10 Build:67766446 CPU Version Code:88A78094 - 30025EC0 -00000001 cpu Version: 00000686 CPU FeatureCode: 0383F9FF CPU AMD Feature Code:...

Project Accounting #4
Hi when I enter Transaction-billing-Billing Entry I am getting an error project Number already exists in billing work file. Regards Srinivasan ...

Problem with attachments in SFO
Hi, I've created a calendar appointment and attached a file to it from the web client. When i sync this appointment in SFO, the attachment does not appear. Also, when the appointment is created in SFO and viewed in CRM, the attachment is missing!! Please help! ...

Service Pak 3 problems
I have a Toshiba Satellite A105-S4334 running XP Media Center 2002. About a week ago I began having blue screen errors and eventually BSOD. I paid about $400 to retrieve my data, upgrade the hardisk to 360 from 120 and put my data back on the new disk. When I got home I began reinstalling all of my programs. Windows update was doing its thing and then I lost sound on my Realtek High Def....then blue screens began happening. I tried unstalling the (code 39) missing or corrupt Audio drivers and reinstalling, to no avail. It took me about 6 hours of searching the web and I fo...

Outlook 2003
When creating a new email and I click the TO: field button to choose an email, it defaults to contacts in my Business folder (on the right under "Show names from the:" drop down box. I cant figure out why as that is not even the first name on the list. Can I make it automaticlly open up to a specific folder I have most of my contacts in every time? Thanks! Nancy open your address book and select tools > options. from here you can specify which folder you want to be the default. >-----Original Message----- >When creating a new email and I click the TO: field button >to...

Matching Transactions problem
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C61AD0.23775260 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I just upgraded from 2001 to 2006. I enter transactions manually and = use online updates. Money matches the transactions well, as it always = has. However, it now overwrites the date I manually entered and = replaces it with the bank's date. Even if I go as far as to delete the = date in the Edit window and re-enter before clicking Accept, it still = overwrites it. In order to enter the date I ...

Outlook Send/Receive problems when separating imap.pst from default location
We are having a problem when using Outlook 2002 upgraded from 2000. Using IMAP as the only mail account the Send/Receive button no longer works (for some users - not all users). I know all about the default local folder (Outlook Today) Inbox issues having to be the default but this one is that it won't automatically check for message and the Send/Receive button doesn't work when splitting out the email.pst file (again this only affects some users). This happens when we separate out the email.pst file from the default Documents and Settings folder. We didn't want all the cached ...

Problems with DBase IV file exporting after converting frojm MS Access 97 to MS Access 2000
In our MS ACCESS 97 database that we have converted to a MS Access 2000 database. In this application we transfer (TransferDataBase) a table with a memo field to DBase IV. Our application uses the dbf and dbt files generated to do some further manipulation. The system works under MS Access 97 but does not under Ms Access 2000. Is the dbf page size exported different in MS Access 2000? Any other driver or parameter settings in MS Access that could be affecting this? We also notice that the new MS Access transfer cmd produces a new file with an MDX extension. Can we get Access to work wi...