OWA attach file, exchange terminates event id 7031

I am finding when someone tries to attach a file in OWA my information store
terminates with an event id of 7031. How do i fix this?

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:20:18 -0500, "Bruce Charnitsky"
<NoSpam_bcharnitsky_NoSpam@hebrewcollege.edu> wrote:

>I am finding when someone tries to attach a file in OWA my information store
>terminates with an event id of 7031. How do i fix this?

Is there any anti-virus software on the Exch Server?
0
adavid (8731)
12/5/2006 12:55:17 AM
Mail security and corporate 10.1

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:20:18 -0500, "Bruce Charnitsky"
> <NoSpam_bcharnitsky_NoSpam@hebrewcollege.edu> wrote:
>
>>I am finding when someone tries to attach a file in OWA my information
>>store
>>terminates with an event id of 7031. How do i fix this?
>>

> Is there any anti-virus software on the Exch Server?

On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:19:00 -0500, "Bruce Charnitsky"
<NoSpam_bcharnitsky_NoSpam@hebrewcollege.edu> wrote:

>Mail security and corporate 10.1

I would ensure you are not scanning any associated exch directories
with the 10.1.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823166

In fact, you may want to disable all the AV and test.

>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:20:18 -0500, "Bruce Charnitsky"
>> <NoSpam_bcharnitsky_NoSpam@hebrewcollege.edu> wrote:
>>
>>>I am finding when someone tries to attach a file in OWA my information
>>>store
>>>terminates with an event id of 7031. How do i fix this?
>>>

>> Is there any anti-virus software on the Exch Server?

0
adavid (8731)
12/5/2006 2:27:16 AM
Symantec actually corrected the problem with scanning exchange directories,
10.1 was made to exclude the correct directories.

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-security.nsf/docid/2006022816450148?Open&src=w&docid=2004062508305

Any other suggestions?

> On Mon, 4 Dec 2006 21:19:00 -0500, "Bruce Charnitsky"
> <NoSpam_bcharnitsky_NoSpam@hebrewcollege.edu> wrote:
>
>>Mail security and corporate 10.1
>
> I would ensure you are not scanning any associated exch directories
> with the 10.1.
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/823166
>
> In fact, you may want to disable all the AV and test.
>

>>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in
>>message

>>> Is there any anti-virus software on the Exch Server?

forwarding in Exchange 2003 #2

OWA Password page not showing up.
I installed the hotfix from kb 833734. I've also tried to follow the steps found at kb 327843. However, when I set an account to "change password at next logon" and go to that account in OWA on a FE that's using forms based auth, it doesn't redirect to the page for changing an expired password. However if i direct my browser to that page manually and fill in the form, it unexpires my password just fine. Is this how it's supposed to work? Shouldn't it detect that it's expired and thus redirect me to the page for resetting my password? Thanks. This ...

Outlook attachments #9
Can you seach for any powerpoint attachments in an outlook folder? Hit Ctrl+Shift+F to bring up the advanced find form. Then search by "ppt" in "frequently-used text fields." That will search all fields for the term "ppt" which should find all the files that have a .ppt extention. I just tried it, and it seemed to work on mine. --Colin Jensen ...

copy of exchange 2000
I don't suppose microsoft is providing Exchange 2000 as a free download anywhere are they?? Until we can afford to move up to SBS 2008 (hopefully later this year), I want to trash our SBS 2000 (too many issues with it) and simply install a win2k server with Exchange until we can move on. We are not using any of the other SBS components any longer anyway... If anyone knows where I might be able to get this from, I would be very appreciative! Thanks, Brad Why not look at BPOS? $10 per user a month it's a great inexpensive solution. You may find you do not ne...

Unique ID's
I have set up a new spreadsheet with pupil's achievement levels in different subjects. Each subject data is stored on a separate sheet. Each pupil has a unique ID - which is on each sheet. Is there any way I can set up excel to combine the results of one pupil acheivements in all subject areas. i.e. will excel look on each separate sheet and locate the results for a particular pupil - if so - how? Any help gratefully received. Here's one set-up to try .. Link to a sample file at: http://www.savefile.com/files/2254808 ExtractingFromMultipleSheets_UniqueIDs_JillCurly_newusers.xls ...

Deleted exchange 5.5 site not replicating over the ADC to Exchange 2000 side
We are a part of a shared Exchange 5.5 organization but our site is primarily Exchange 2000/2k3. We maintain a single 5.5 server as the rest of the Org is 5.5. The problem we are seeing is when the folks who control the Organization at the top level remove a site that is no longer used, that deletion is not carrying over the CONFIG_CA agreement to the Exchange 2000/AD side. Our Exchange 5.5 server executes the deletion with no issue. Any ideas on why this deletion is not replicating properly over the ADC and throught the SRS database? In the past we have manually removed the sites/recipie...

automatically naming files for savingb

Article published by Microsoft reg. 'Event' custom entity
Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen it and can provide a hyperlink? I will really appreciate it. http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa682866.aspx you'll probably find it in the above link "mkatsev" wrote: > Recently, I found a great article published by Microsoft that contains a > sample code on how to create a custom entity, event. I thought that I > bookmarked it but cannot find it. Has anyone seen...

Exchange SP2 #5
I'm going to install SP2 for Exchange 2003 which is on my SBS2003. Is there anything i should know / do before I install? Thanks Damien 1. Read the Release Notes. http://download.microsoft.com/download/f/b/5/fb5c54af-fe5c-48e9-be97-f9e8207325ab/Ex_2003_SP2_RelNotes.htm 2. If you ever installed IMF v1, uninstall it. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW blog location: www.exchangepedia.com/blog ---------------------------------------------- "Damien" <no@emailplease.com> wrote in message news:nS%fh.423965$E_2.65239@fe03.news.easynews.com... > I&...

Attachment Size #2
Hi ! Is it possible to block the adding of attachments in an=20 outlook client ? Or block the adding for attachments that=20 are bigger than 2 MB for example ? Can i get an error=20 Message or something ? (I think about an GPO or Registry=20 change or something else....) I have Users around here with Pop3 Outlook 2000 and=20 Outlook 2003 Clients. The Problem is that some of them are=20 trying to send Mails with Attachments with 300 (three=20 hundred!!) MB or something else like that.... Because they=20 don=B4t look an the size of their attachments. So the Mail is going through our WAN over ...

Exchange Stops Working
Hello. MY SETUP: 1. Primary server named STECNICIL (THIS HAS WINDOWS 2003 ENTERPRISE SERVER) 2. Secondary server name TEC-EXCHNG (THIS IS THE EXCHANGE SBS SERVER 2003) All the user connect through STECNICIL to get internet and every other service... All users connect to TEC-EXCHNG to get their email through OUTLOOK 2003. MY PROBLEM: I don't know what's going on but approximatly every 30mn to 1 hour, the connections between the clients and the EXCHANGE SERVER stops working. No more email for clients after that period of time. I have restart the server and restart the EXCH...

cannot uninstall Exchange 2000
Just finished a migration from Exchange 2007 to Exchange 2000, and I'm not able to uninstall Exchange 2000 from the old server to demote it gracefully. I realize I can manually uninstall, but I'm trying to avoid that if possible to keep it clean. The error I'm getting is: Setup encountered an error while checking prerequisites for the component "Microsoft Exchange 2000": 0x80072030 (8240): There is no such object on the server. The bottom portion of the log is: [05:51:15] Entering CCompDomainPrep::ScGetEffectiveMode [05:51:15] Leaving CCompDomainPrep::...

Exchange 2003 with SP2 problems...

Active Directory/Exchange problem
All, Before I joined my current employer the admin here upgraded from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000(Box A) and then added another Exchange 2000 box to the organisation(Box B)and migrated the data in Box A to Box B. Box B is now the working exchange server and Box A is no longer used. The problem is that if I actually shut down Box A I can add a new user to Active Directory but I am unable to modify a users email/smtp details. All mail can still be transferred with no problems which would lead me to believe that Exchange is Ok but there is some sort of Active Directory link between the two bo...

Foreign Exchange
With Excel 2003, is there a way to have a cell automatically update th foreign exchange rate of yen to British pounds from the internet, an then use that cell to do calculations -- peterthistl ----------------------------------------------------------------------- peterthistle's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2892 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48664 Here's something to get you started: Open a new workbook On Sheet1, enter the following: A1: FromCurrency B1: CAD A2: ToCurrency B2: USD A3: FromAmount B3...

Auto Response with Exchange 5.5
I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated response go back. But I can't setup rules inside of outlook and keep it attached to the server I would like to make some sort of server side rule if possible?? Any suggestions? Thanks, BiG On Fri, 12 Aug 2005 15:09:59 -0400, bigdogg <bigdogg33_2000@yahoo.com> wrote: >I would like to create a auto response with Exchange 5.5. So when >someone sends mail to careers@domain.com I can have an automated >response go back. But I can't ...

Consulta Exchange 5.5 Mails con fondo
Estimados: Alguien sabe si es posible configurar un servidor Exchange 5.5 para que los mails enviados salgan con un fondo (bacground) predeterminado? Gracias. ...

outlook attachments #3
My aunt cannot get her attachments to come up. When you click on the paper clip the file menu comes up. The problem is that when you click on the file itself, it will not open. What should I do. Thanks for your time. Colton Does the attachment line say "OE removed access to the folloing unsafe attachments in your mail: <filename.typ>"? I am having a problem with receiving Excel 5.0 files from my wife. OE 6.0 wont let me receive them :-(, I am stuck on what to do. Does anyone know how to reduce protection limits in OE 6.0? >-----Original Message----- >My aun...