OWA ASP causes event id: 5

Recently I have started getting ASP event id: 5 errors in
event viewer.  They are being caused by clients using OWA.
OWA has also crashed inetinfo.exe a few times.

An example of the description is:

Error: File/exchange/USA/inbox/messages.asp Unexpected
error

I am running NT 4.0 w/SP6A, Exhange 5.5 w/SP4, and Zone
Alarm Firewall 2.6.362.  The only way I have been able to
get OWA running again is to reboot the server.  I have
tried restarting services, but with no luck.  I have also
tried reinstalling SP4, but that didn't work either.

Any ideas?
0
jmm7 (1)

Exchange 5.5 Migration #2
Hi, We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. Is there any procedure or document that I can find in order to perform this migration? Thank You. Chiew Mann In-place migration or on new hardware? Chiew Mann wrote: > Hi, > > We are running the Exchange 5.5 with Windows NT now. I > few weeks time, we will going to migration the Exchange > 5.5 to Windows 2000 Server. > > Is there any procedure or document that I can find in > order to perform this migration? > > T...

Outlook 2002 and OWA
I was just wondering if there was any way to use the outlook client to connect to OWA (bypassing the use of the web browser totally). I use Outlook to connect to my HotMail this way and find that it would be much easier for all my users to do this. Will this functionality be included in Exchange2003 by chance? thanks Robert Crooks Computer & Network Systems Administrator Ivaco Rolling Mills ...

Attachments In Outlook Express #5
When messages come into Outlook Express with an attachment and when I click on the paper clip, instead of Internet Explorer opening another program (a photo program) opens. I am not able to read the attachment. How do I disassociate this photo program and associate IE with the attachment? Hope the problem is clear.... ...

OWA-Exchange-Outlook 2003 sync issue
I've got a weird issue with one of my users that I can't figure out. Mail and Contacts are working fine and synch with our 2003 SP2 server. If an appointment is added via the Outlook MAPI client, it is reflected in the OWA calendar. However, the inverse is not true. If you add an appointment in OWA, it is not propagated through to the desktop MAPI client. It is not confined to just his computer as we have tested it on several, all with the same result. You can add contacts in either place and they are propagated just fine. Mail is received and sent in both without an issue. I wo...

filling cells with info from other file (unique id)
I like to know if its possible to get information from an excelfile and put this in another excelfile using a unique id-number. When I fill a cell in A-column with for example 12345, I want excel (or vbamacro?) to look in another file (xls\txt, or?) for 12345 and transfer the rowvalues to the corresponding columns in the worksheet I started with. Can anyone put me in the right direction how to do this? Is it some standard functionallityu of excel or is it something I have to program? Thnx --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ You could use a VLOOKUP formula to extract data...

Business Portal Installation #5
I am not able to install Business Portal for GP 10. While installing i got a message saying as below The following selected items are not registered or are not installed in the back office: Requisition Management Business Portal Employee Pay Employee Profile Recruitment Skills and Training Time and Attendance Key Performance Indicators Electronic Document Delivery Project Time and Expense eOrder Can someone help me in resolving this issue. How can i register these in back office? On Apr 28, 5:09=A0am, Mohan <Mo...@discussions.mic...

Delayed Email #5
Having a sporadic problem with my Exchange 2003 SP2 server. At random times mail is delayed anywhere from 10-45 minutes. If you send a test message to yourself it'll set in your outbox for ~ 20 seconds before it leaves and then arrives in your mailbox 10-45 minutes later. Most users are running Outlook 2003 SP2. I checked OWA and the message wasn't there either so it's not an Outlook issue. I also tried restarting all the Exchange services but that didn't help either. Now once one message arrive it seems they all arrive at the same time and then the problem clears up unt...

How to get the Mouse Up event for a custom activeX control ?
Hi, I am using MFC and an activeX control.. I am putting my activeX control on the form.. Now, I want to have the mouse up event for this control... like if user presses mouse key anywhere on the control and leaves that key, i want to capture that event... So, is there any way to get that using MFC... ?? Please help me.. ===== Regards, Jigar Mehta If your control is in MFC, you should get the event as you normally would using the right macros. Your control should fire an event if you are trying to capture it outside the control (host). ----------- Ajay Kalra ajaykalra@yahoo.com ...

Default email address and OWA authenitcation issue
We have an Exchange server setup for multiple companies to use. AD Domain is say “company.com”. I create a new user and remove them from the recipient update so they don’t pick up the default email address of xyz@company.com I add manually their email address as xyz@anothercompany.com. They can logon to domain and sent email etc. When they access email via OWA it just bounces the password back. If I create them an address in the @ company.com it works. Event log indicated unknown user or invalid password. Im not sure I understand why this is happening? is it that the presence of...

OWA question #12
i recently changed my domain name, example: from homedomain.com to workdomain.com. I have an exchange server with OWA enabled, i used to log in to OWA by typing the following https://homedomain.com/exchange. When I changed my domain i figured i would just logon to my OWA by typing https://workdomain.com. However this is not working, I have made sure that the new domain name points to the correct boxes, firewall shows that a request is coming in on port 443 and being sent to the correct internal host. My smtp virtual server is mapped to the correct ip, but still have not been able to lo...

Simple OWA problen that I can't figure out.
I'm running OWA on an Exchange 2003 server, behind a firewall. It all works okay internally, but for some reason when accessing OWA form the internet instead of links showing https://mydomain.com/exchange it shows http://<my.ip.address/exchange. I'm sure it's something really simple, and I've searched google, and the kb, but I guess I'm using the wrong search phrases. A point in the right direction would be really handy. cheers, Box "Boxington Headmaker >.org>" <the_boxhead@alt<<two_thousand_six_hundred <- convert that to numerals...

Advanced Filter Causes Crash #2
I tried both of the ideas that were offered and got great results.. thanks so much -- flipnell ----------------------------------------------------------------------- flipnello's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1491 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26552 Great! Thanks for letting us know. flipnello wrote: > I tried both of the ideas that were offered and got great results... > thanks so much! > > -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

How to Auto Generate and Unique ID
Hi, i would like to auto generate an unique ID for a field, how can i do auto generate,please tell me some simplest way to do, this ID is for our reference not a security issue,please help me to auto generate the ID, the ID may be in numbers or alphanumberic what ever it may be, Thangam I used this recently for an Account Auto-ID. It will go in the Form's OnLoad Event: //Adds an Auto-Gen Acct Num //Declare some variables var aNumber var bNumber var strNumber var myDate var strDate var nText var fText alert(crmForm.FormType) if(crmForm.FormType == 1) { aNumber = Math.random(); alert(...

SideBySide errors in the event log due to missing Visual C++ components
Prologue: It seems some of the newer apps like to use their own customized DLL versions of some of the standard windows DLLs, and can do so by using SideBySide if the newer Visual C++ libraries are already installed. (As I understand it, "SideBySide" was designed to support this in an attempt to reduce "DLL Hell" for some applications needing their own customized DLL versions). After installing a couple of newer apps, I started getting these SideBySide errors in the event log (due to missing VC90 components), so I installed a newer version of the Visua...

Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA
Mysterious question mark (?) when using OWA It seems that my users whom use OWA to send email always seem to send along an "?" question mark at the beginning of their email messages. I am trying to find out why that is happening and how to go about eliminating it. If clients are XP SP2, check kba 883543 and apply the hotfix. Pe-XP SP2 clients: reinstall the S/MIME control from OWA - options. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Mr. Backup" <backup@yahoo.com> wrote in message new...

Exchange 5.5 SP4 / Outlook 2003
I have my first Office 2003 client, but when it try to synchronize with exchange server 5.5 get this error "unknown error 0x80040119" Microsoft say that is a problema for Oulook 2002, and you can fix it running the "scanpst", I did that but doesn't solved the problem... Anybody have some suggestion or solution? Edwin Cuadros ecuadros@concol.com , ecrosys@ecrosys.com www.ecrosys.com Has the user tried running fixmapi? "Edwin Cuadros Robayo" <ecrosys@ecrosys.com> wrote in message news:vgtpj0l4hrpaf7ssc6hr8m52udn2ke1s62@4ax.com... >I have my first...

Closing Excel (via VBA) causes Crash, but only in certain language
I have a spreadsheet in use across Europe (US Developer), and in the code that cleans up the macro (closes files that it opened, deletes the toolbar entry, etc), Excel will crash. The spreadsheet is already closed, the Excel screen is blank, and then "boom". The thing that is weird is that this only happens in CERTAIN LANGUAGES. US English doesn't cause an error; but German, Norwegian, and Swedish do (perhaps others, but those are the ones that are reported in). To net out what is happening, certain files (partsfile and assume) get closed if they are the only program...

public folder replication #5
I recently added a new exchange 5.5 server to my exchange site and replicated all public folders to this new server. Should I now remove the public folder replica's of the orginal server, sice this server is schedule to be decommission, and in addition how can I tell if all the folders are replicated successfully.. Thanks again Darren How to remove the first 5.5 server in a site: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;[LN];152959 -- Nicholas Basile(MSFT) nicbas@online.microsoft.com Microsoft PSS Please do not send email directly to this alias is for newsgroup purposes onl...

Level 1 attachments (.exe etc) not being blocked by OWA 2003
Hi Guys, I have been asked to block sending and receiving .exe attahcments via OWA internally and externally. I have checked the registry of the backend exchange server and the entries seem to be ok. HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesMSExchangeWebOWA Value: Level1FileTypes Type: REG_SZ Value Data: ade,adp,app,asx,bas,bat,chm,cmd,com,cpl,crt,csh,exe,fxp,hlp,hta,inf,ins,isp, js,jse,ksh,lnk,mda,mdb,mde,mdt,mdw,mdz,msc,msi,msp,mst,ops,pcd,pif,prf,prg, reg,scf,scr,sct,shb,shs,url,vb,vbe,vbs,wsc,wsf,wsh Location: HKLMSystemCurrentControlSetServicesMSExchangeWebOWA Value: Level1MIMETypes Type: ...

OWA #48
Does anyone know of an addon product for Exchange 2003 to make OWA look and act like hotmail? Add your own account... view your available drive space... that sort of thing... ...

Any way to see members of a public list using OWA, plus other snags?
Hello, We're using OWA 2003 as a short-term stop-gap solution for a few hundred users until we get the Outlook client rolled out. It's working fairly well but there are a few snags... - Anyone know if it's possible for an OWA user to see the members of a public distribution list? - Less seriously, is there a control-sequence to insert tabs into a message? Tried all the obvious ones! - IE doesn't allow users open even TXT files without saving them first, as if they were Level 2 attachments. How do we stop that behaviour? - Is the date format which the users can select in OW...

OWA logoff problem
I have a strange problem that seems to come and go, and sometimes it gets fixed by just rebooting the FE or BE server... When people are in OWA (via the FE server) sometimes when they logoff, the authentication popup box comes up and it won't let them logoff, even if they actually type in their credentials. If they go to OWA directly to the BE server (which they can't do unless they are at work) logoff works just fine, without asking them to authenticate. What is this about? Is there a setting set wrong somewhere? Or some kind of bug? Anyone else heard of this? TIA!! / Per ...

OWA "Page Not Found"
I browsed through the group and found several posts similar to this, but I did not find an answer for my issue. Here's what I am seeing: One particular user attempts to access OWa (Exchange 2000). After logging in, he is immediately redirected to a "Page Not Found" error page. I verified that the user account has http access to his mailbox. The only anamoly is that his login name and Exchange alias are different. Any ideas how I can troubleshoot and correct this? Thanks, Jeff Ping the exchange server in order to make sure that the client can access the email server. Tr...

Problem seeing NT user accounts in Exch 5.5
I am trying to create a new user on a 2000 DC. No problem. When I go to create the mailbox on my NT machine, Exchange Administrator does not show the newly created account. The User Browser for Domains shows the new account, but not the Exch Admin user list. Furthermore, there are a ton of old accounts still hanging out. How does Exch Admin sync to the User list in NT/2000? How can I fix this to add the new user? Thanks, -- Steve Wasser http://xdissent.com the journal of contrarian social discourse and neurotic opinion Have you set-up an outlook profile and sent a test message to this ac...

Exch 5.5 IS stops accepting new logins every couple of days
We have two Exchange 5.5 SP4 servers with the Dec. 2004 post-SP4 Update Rollup applied. Every couple of days or so they both stop accepting new logons. They are in different sites and different NT domains and stop working independently of each other. They are connected by a site connector. If someone is already logged into Exchange with Outlook XP or 2003, they don't notice a thing. They just stay connected and everything works. If someone tries to open Outlook, they get an Exchange Server Not Available message. There are absolutely no events logged that we can find and all services are r...