OWA and Public Folders #6

Hello,

I've recently implemented OWA in our organization and have a question
concerning Public Folder access through it.
When I click on Public Folders in the left pane of the OWA client, it
opens the PF right up and replaces the left pane with all Public
Folders, but then when I want to get back to the Inbox etc, I have to
logout of PF's, then it shows me my original OWA desktop with the
Inbox etc and when I try and open an email or something, it then asks
me to put in my credentials again.
Is this normal?

Thanks,
George
0
George5113 (11)

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:18:22 GMT, George <George@geo.com> wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I've recently implemented OWA in our organization and have a question
>concerning Public Folder access through it.
>When I click on Public Folders in the left pane of the OWA client, it
>opens the PF right up and replaces the left pane with all Public
>Folders, but then when I want to get back to the Inbox etc, I have to
>logout of PF's, then it shows me my original OWA desktop with the
>Inbox etc and when I try and open an email or something, it then asks
>me to put in my credentials again.
>Is this normal?
>
>Thanks,
>George

No, it should spawn a new window with the Public Folders.
I haven't seen that before with any browser settings of GPO
restrictions that I can think of.
Can you try this on a PC that's not on the domain (knock up a virtual
pc or something quickly (or go home and try it n OWA etc)) and confirm
that it's not a GPO or other pop up blocking going on.
I can't rule out the server side but I'm leaning towards the browser
at this point....
0
mark7219 (5666)
6/23/2006 9:08:48 AM
Thanks for the advice Mark, but it didn't work. I'm at my home PC now
and did disable all pop up blocking and it still happened.
Weird...when I click the public Folder button, it still opens a new IE
session with just the PF's.

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:08:48 +0100, "Mark Arnold [MVP]"
<mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 07:18:22 GMT, George <George@geo.com> wrote:
>
>>Hello,
>>
>>I've recently implemented OWA in our organization and have a question
>>concerning Public Folder access through it.
>>When I click on Public Folders in the left pane of the OWA client, it
>>opens the PF right up and replaces the left pane with all Public
>>Folders, but then when I want to get back to the Inbox etc, I have to
>>logout of PF's, then it shows me my original OWA desktop with the
>>Inbox etc and when I try and open an email or something, it then asks
>>me to put in my credentials again.
>>Is this normal?
>>
>>Thanks,
>>George
>
>No, it should spawn a new window with the Public Folders.
>I haven't seen that before with any browser settings of GPO
>restrictions that I can think of.
>Can you try this on a PC that's not on the domain (knock up a virtual
>pc or something quickly (or go home and try it n OWA etc)) and confirm
>that it's not a GPO or other pop up blocking going on.
>I can't rule out the server side but I'm leaning towards the browser
>at this point....

0
George5113 (11)
6/23/2006 10:20:56 AM
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:20:56 GMT, George <George@geo.com> wrote:

>Thanks for the advice Mark, but it didn't work. I'm at my home PC now
>and did disable all pop up blocking and it still happened.
>Weird...when I click the public Folder button, it still opens a new IE
>session with just the PF's.

Well, if you are in your mailbox and click the Public Folders button
you will get a new Window, which isn't how I read what you said the
first time. So, the new window opens but what happens to the window
behind that used to have your mailbox shown?

Also, this does smell a little bit about a mis configured ISA server.
Someone in my corporate mail system just messed about with stuff and
changed the behavious of ISA. Are you behind one?

0
mark7219 (5666)
6/23/2006 12:54:58 PM
On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:54:58 +0100, "Mark Arnold [MVP]"
<mark@mvps.org> wrote:

>On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 10:20:56 GMT, George <George@geo.com> wrote:
>
>>Thanks for the advice Mark, but it didn't work. I'm at my home PC now
>>and did disable all pop up blocking and it still happened.
>>Weird...when I click the public Folder button, it still opens a new IE
>>session with just the PF's.
>>

>Well, if you are in your mailbox and click the Public Folders button
>you will get a new Window, which isn't how I read what you said the
>first time. So, the new window opens but what happens to the window
>behind that used to have your mailbox shown?

Yes, a new browser opens with the public folders and the mailbox just
stays in the background. How would you normally navigate back to the
mailbox window? Just close the pub folder browser or logout? If this
is the case..I'm an idiot and I'm sorry to waste your time.
I just looked at it again and simply closed the new browser.
When I first wrote this question, I didn't know it was opening a new
browser window because it seemed so seamless, I thought it was
navigating to pf's within the same browser.

>Also, this does smell a little bit about a mis configured ISA server.
>Someone in my corporate mail system just messed about with stuff and
>changed the behavious of ISA. Are you behind one?

0
George5113 (11)

Re-ordering folder headings and changing text colour
I've recently upgraded to Windows 7 and unable to use Outlook Express, so I'm using WLM. 1. I had a very simple list of folders, and I'd like to delete some of the WLM folders which I won't use, (e.g.'recovered items'). How can I do this? 2. The 'subject' text colour is almost invisible. How do I make it more bold? Many thanks Ishbel Right click on any folder you want to delete and you will see the delete option. -- rhlhamlet Hi, Ishbel. The Recovered Items folder is created by WLM in some circumstances (such as on a rest...

Rules
Can I create a rule that will act on all e-mails a different folder besides the inbox (a folder that I created), and that will run at a specified time every day (or at least when I open Outlook)? thanks! Robin <servicenospam@aronsonpartnership.com> wrote: > Can I create a rule that will act on all e-mails a different folder > besides the inbox (a folder that I created), and that will run at a > specified time every day (or at least when I open Outlook)? Automatic rules act upon the Inbox only. -- Brian Tillman ...

Outlook 2007 E mail folder short cuts
I have created folder short cuts however after using them for a number of days I started Outlook and was not able to use them. The short cut names are there but when I click on the names the folders do not open up. All the other functions such as calendar, contacts, tasks, notes work fine. Any suggestions ? ...

Replacing Inbox folder ?
Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all existing messages to the new one. All other folders, even sub folders of Inbox work normal so that only this one folder needs to be replaced if that can be done. Anyone know how? "Marko" <dkvolb@gmail.com> wrote in message news:uuZq3QpkJHA.6060@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Unable to change view settings in my Inbox folder, as previously posted, I > now wonder if there is a way to replace the Inbox folder and move all > ...

list of folders within an archive or personal folder
Is there any clever way of having Outlook generate a list of all the folders that I have in my personal folders? (I have many dozens of folders, and I'd like to be able to print out a list of contents every now and again so as to have a hard copy for ease of reference!) I might be over-expecting on this one, but hopefully someone can suggest a way of diong this! Al I have had to resort to Print Screen, and taking a dozen such prints to get my hard copy! Hopefully someone has a better way than this? "Al" wrote: > Is there any clever way of having Outlook g...

Setup problem with SenderID and OWA
So I've come accross a problem with my setup of my SPF record and users send mail with OWA. When a user logs into our Exchange server via OWA and sends a new message, the SMTP message header includes the IP address the OWA client was sending from.... Sample SMTP Header from Exchange server.... Received: from 70.247.95.109 ([70.247.95.109]) by solar.tul.solarwinds.net ([206.231.6.251]) with Microsoft Exchange Server HTTP-DAV ; <CR> <LF> .. This mail is rejected by the receiving mail server with the error message Response: 550 5.7.1 Sender ID (PRA) Not Permitted The ...

afx_msg (VC++ 6->VS 2005)
Hi there, Trying to convert a project to MFC C++ VS 2005, they changed the compiler which causes errors. C4430 - Error Message missing type specifier - int assumed. Note: C++ does not support default-int. It complains about the "afx_msg". C2668 - Error Message 'function' : ambiguous call to overloaded function they took out pow(int, int) It looks like I have to recast it to pow (double,int). Is there a way I can make a keyword for "afx_msg" like a #define? Thanks, Robert my guess i that you've got something like: afx_msg Myfunction() when you rea...

Outlook 2007 Personal Folders and PST Backup Tool
I don't see the PST Backup Tool available for Outlook 2007. Will the version provided for Outlook 2003 work with Outlook 2007? Thanks. Yes. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "T" <tjchaffin@comcast.net> wrote in message news:vr-dnZSwerh82EzanZ2dnUVZ_tOtnZ2d@comcast.com... > I don't see the PST Backup Tool available for Outlook 2007. Will the > version provi...

OWA Problem #7
I am trying to log onto OWA over our LAN. I have checked the password for my account in server management and have changed it several times, but it still tells me that my password is incorrect. Is there another place for a password that I am not aware of? All others can connect just fine. TIA Scott Scott, there may be many things broken related to authentication. On the surface you're correct, there is only one place but depending on the infrastructure, there are cases where it may not be the case. Please talk to your administrators and attempt to troubleshoot this with thei...

REPOST: OWA: "The action can't be performed" when sending email
PLEASE HELP, I HAVE THIS PROBLEM ALREADY TOO LONG! See title. [repost of 29-07-2006:] Further more, I investigated the errors and. Note: I have (for troubleshooting reasons) given mailbox full access from every user to every users mailbox (I inserted the usernames each, giving full access): - every admin (can access and) can send email out of every mailbox - normal users (can access and) can ONLY send mail out of his own mailbox - normal users (can access but) can't send mail out of other user's mailbox It seems like an authentication problem, that does not give 'normal'...

sometimes users unable to save
Help! We have a believed-to-be robust (1gb to the desktop, 2gb (link aggregated) at the server) AFP based network home folder environment. The server is a G5 w/ 6gb ram, running 10.4.8. There is a fail over server as well. Ocassionally (meaing just enough to get the president yelling at us far too loudly), when users open or create documents, they are not allowed to save. It seems to happen more frequently in Excel, but we've also seen it in Word. Office version is currently at 11.3.2. The user side error messages vary between "could not save" and "too many files open.&qu...

Password Protected Personal Folders
I have a user who forgot their password for their Outlook personal folder. Is there anyway I can reset or remove the password so he can open his PST. http://www.securiteam.com/tools/6G00B1F0AS.html may help "EilleenB" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45d101c48924$8b6e34e0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have a user who forgot their password for their Outlook > personal folder. Is there anyway I can reset or remove > the password so he can open his PST. ...

redirecting OWA to a different IIS server
I'm current running Windows 2003 and Exchange 2003. On this server we run IIS which also hosts our Intranet Server. I have to move our Intranet on to another IIS Server. Our intranet is the default website for all users. ie www.xxx.com.au. At the end if this web link they enter /exchange and it brings up their OWA. Is it possible to redirect the /exchange from my new IIS server easily back to my original IIS server easily? I recommend that you create a link that redirects to your OWA server. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!&q...

OWA Works in one domain name only
I am having a problem with user accessing OWA. For example users with email addresses that start as XYZ.COM have no problem, but users in the same windows domain, but in email domain ABC.COM Cannot access OWA? I changed their default email address to XYZ.COM and they can access OWA?? Is there something I need to do to allow different email domains to log on the the server You need to create additional HTTP virtual servers to support extra email domains. See 257891 or 293386 -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send em...

Replication of public folders in Exchange 2000 from Exchange 5.5
I am getting ready to demote two Exchange 5.5 servers. We have two Exchange 2k servers running and the location of the mail boxes now. The servers are in two different locations seperated by a VPN connection. All four exchange servers are replicating the public folders, the problem is one Exchange 2k server did not get all the items in a couple folders where the other Exchange 2k server did. I started this a couple of days ago and would assume the replication should be complete at this point. The two locations are in separate subnets. Any help into this would be much appreciated. ...

OWA+Contacts
Hi Could someone please help. Just began using Exchange 2003 Sp1. Why don't GAL users show up in the contacts folder when using OWA? Am I missing a setting in Server Administrator? Thanks, Jim No, that's just the way it is. Autoresolve will work in a new message, and you can use "find" to find users, but that's about it - and your personal or public folder contacts won't show up in there either. See www.messageware.com if you want an add-in that gives you outlook-style addressing.... Jim Viner wrote: > Hi Could someone please help. Just began using Exchan...

More than 6 conditional Formats....VBA Coding Advise please
If I have a range of cells A1:M20 Column K has a validation list with 6 Options....Yes, No, W, X, Y, Z The conditional formatting is limited to 3 conditions. Can anyone provide code that would permit the colour of the cells in each row in the range A1 to M20 when the appropriate option is selected from the relevant cell in column K. I.E. I want Row range A1:M1 cells to change to say Yellow when "Yes" selected from the list in K1 ......or say red if "No" ( and other colours for W,X Y,Z) An example of the coding would be appreciated , if it's possible? Thanks ...

IMC Data Folder
Hello: I've noted that mail is building in my outbound messages awaiting conversion folder and am logging event id 3038. Microsoft suggests that corruption has occured in the imcdata folder structure...in/out folders. To correct, they suggest. deleting ims connector deleting and recreating imcdata in/out folders recreating ims connector is defrag My question is this - what exactlyt does "recreate" imcdata in/out folders mean. After manually deleting them, does the recreation of IMS recreate this folder structure or do you need to manually go in and do it yourself. Are th...

OWA
I have a remote user who connects via AOL and then opens IE to connect to OWA. Starting yesterday, she gets promtped for her user name and password, but she can't type anything in either field. She can tab between them, but when she types, nothing comes up on the screen. She says there are no problems inside of AOL. Any ideas? Ask in an Exchange or Internet Explorer newsgroup. OWA is part of Exchange; not Outlook -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Creating Signatures -Create an Office XP CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 3 ----- "...

Misbehaving folders in WLM
I am baffled or am having a senior moment ... All of the sudden my non-Beta WLM is behaving differently: In the WLM mail section, I click on the small arrow next to the Inbox so the list of folders is closed. I like it that way, nice and tidy. I then go to Newsgroups, go back to Mail and all the folders have expanded. I close them again and repeat the process, just to check that I am not imagining things :-) Yup, they've expanded again. This didn't happen last week or even a few days ago. Honest Guv, I never changed anything in Options, did this happen with the lates...

mail enable public folder problem
I'm having trouble getting internet mail to deliver to a new mail enabled public folder, but others previously setup receive mail with no problem. I can deliver internally all day long. I have gone through the article on this website and others to confirm my setup. Permissions on the public folder are set to 'contributor' for anonymous and you can see the folder in the address book. Here's our basic config: Inbound/outbound SMTP - Exchange 2003 server, running GFI Mail essentials/security and as front end server Clustered Excahnge 2003 Enterprise backend/ma...

Folder list order
After adding a personal folder my "Outlook today" now is the last one in the folder list instead of as always being on the top. I also have a public folder and also that one is now above the today-folder. Anyone knowing how to get "Outlook today" back on top? ...

Send as sent folder issue
Is there a way that a user having send as permissions can have the message appear in the original users sent items folder. i.e. Bob sands as Sales but the email shows up in his sent items, therefore Susy cannot see what Bob sent. Try this: http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=317865 Nue "jschlusser" <jschlusser@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6B332D00-8DB4-46E9-9411-8D9558013531@microsoft.com... > Is there a way that a user having send as permissions can have the message > appear in the original users sent items folder. i.e. Bob sands as Sales >...

WinCE 6.0 Audio Driver Question?
Hi, I got a strange problem. I have no idea for it. I have a IXP 425 platform installed a SM502 PCI module. The problem is in the audio dirver. The driver is not workable. BUT ... 1. The WAV1: is up. 2. If I call waveInOpen() API, return error. The error code is "No driver present" 3. waveInGetNumDevs() returns 0 waveOutGetNumDevs() returns 0 I don't know what's wrong. What makes you think WAV1 is up? Do you know for sure that it didn't go back down? Have you done a debug build? That can tell you a lot... -- Dean...

link personal user calendar to public folder?
Greetings Does anyone know how to link a personal user calendar to a public folder? (or vise-versa?) Thank you, Jack Black "Jack Black" <JackBlack@hat.com> wrote in news:#sp6GLV3EHA.3908@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl: > Does anyone know how to link a personal user calendar to a public > folder? (or vise-versa?) > Nope, but there may be some information that is valuable on www.slipstick.com (I grabbed something from there once to publish calendars to a web page. It was a hack but it did meet my needs.) Regards, -- Arlo Clizer Exchange MVP FAQ: http://www.exchange...