OWA and password change

I have OWA in the DMZ but the mail server is behind the DMZ.  I have no
problems accessing OWA but I do have a problem see the users on my DC.  The
real issue is that I am trying to have users change their own password
within OWA and need to know what ports I need to have open without any
security breach.  I need to know what is safe to open and what's not safe to
open.  Thanks.

0
wooying (3)

Hi WooYing,
have you seen this articel s?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/179442
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;259240
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod44.mspx

For Passwordchange you need SSL. (But i think you have it)

(The nessesery Ports you find in the articel, (Externel/DMZ/trust) )

I Hope, it will help. :-)

CU Thomas

"WooYing" wrote:

> I have OWA in the DMZ but the mail server is behind the DMZ.  I have no
> problems accessing OWA but I do have a problem see the users on my DC.  The
> real issue is that I am trying to have users change their own password
> within OWA and need to know what ports I need to have open without any
> security breach.  I need to know what is safe to open and what's not safe to
> open.  Thanks.

0
TMoesker (2)
1/13/2005 12:09:03 AM
Hi,
i remember the KEY :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\
MSExchangeWEB\DisablePassword:REG_DWORD=0

You have to change them to 1 by frond AND Backendserver.

Good night.

Thomas

"WooYing" wrote:

> I have OWA in the DMZ but the mail server is behind the DMZ.  I have no
> problems accessing OWA but I do have a problem see the users on my DC.  The
> real issue is that I am trying to have users change their own password
> within OWA and need to know what ports I need to have open without any
> security breach.  I need to know what is safe to open and what's not safe to
> open.  Thanks.

0
TMoesker (2)

Today's Total Change (but not a Q re mutual fund updates)
In M06, Portfolio Manager, the total shown at the bottom of view as Today's Total Change does not, in fact, reset to $0 at the start of each day. It keeps yesterday's value and, apparently, uses that value as the starting point for the next trading day's gain or loss. Right now, for instance, on Sunday, I'm looking at Friday's gain as Today's Total Change (TTC). If I am correct about this, is there a way to reset TTC to zero at the start of each trading day? Thank you. Dave M. re: "keeps yesterday's value and, apparently, uses that value as the starti...

Change background color of inbound email
In Outlook 2007, I have from left to right, Mail - shows all inbound, sent, and mail folders, the next is my inbox, and the third is the actual email being show that is highlighted in my inbox. My problem is that some email when it is displayed can not be seen due to colors. 90 percent of my email is fine, but some email I can not read because of the font color, or the background color. I want to know how do I change the background color, or font color of a displayed email? A quick trick is to click somewhere in that message and then press CTRL+A. The message will then be shown...

how to remove password pretected excel file
Hi, We use Excel 2003 on Windows XP. We have an user left company with a excel file password protected. My boss want to open it. How can I help my boss open this file? Any help will be appreciated! thanks in advance! Lisa In article <3A1869D6-5D90-47FC-AED7-C0170EB1C159@microsoft.com>, =?Utf-8?B?TGlzYQ==?= <Lisa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, > >We use Excel 2003 on Windows XP. We have an user left company with a excel >file password protected. My boss want to open it. How can I help my boss open >this file? > >Any help will be appreciated! Se...

why does enter network password keep appearing on my screen
I have tried to change my default email from outlook express to outlook but the message box "enter network password" keeps appearing every 5 minutes on my screen. How do i stop this happening? Timm <Timm@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have tried to change my default email from outlook express to > outlook but the message box "enter network password" keeps appearing > every 5 minutes on my screen. > How do i stop this happening? What version of Outlook and what type of account(s) are listed in your mail profile? -- Brian Tillman The Outlook...

Auditing changes to distribution groups
Whenever I add or remove someone from a security group I can find a corresponding eventid between somewhere between # 620-640 with the change. I don't always see this for distribution groups. Sometimes there's no audit logging of these changes. Does anyone know under what event ID and where DL list changes are audit logged? ...

What converter do I need to change my QPW files to work in Excel 2
I had Quattro Pro (about 2003 -2004) on my computer when my hard drive crashed now I have Excel 2003. What converter do I need to change my QPW files to work in Excel 2003? puzzled Maybe the following will help....depending upon version of QP, I believe. You need the Quattro Pro convertors from MS. http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/results.aspx?Scope=DC&Query=quattro+pro Then read this from Jim Rech http://snipurl.com/cz3x Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Mon, 12 Dec 2005 06:46:04 -0800, "puzzled" <puzzled @discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I had Quattro Pro (about...

Exchange 2003 SP1 and OWA changes
I am yet to confirm the following in the lab but it appears to be correct. I have been using a single exchange 2003 server without sp1 in a mixed mode with exchange 5.5 in the lab and found that for users to access OWA one of the following conditions must be met along with the users mailbox residing on the 2003 server 1. One of their email domains must be present in the default recipient policy. 2. If none of their email address domains are present in the default policy then a new virtual directory for mailboxes must be present and assocciated with the smtp domain from a recipient po...

OWA Three logins/The Folder can't be displayed
I have an OWA problem where, when any account access OWA, they get three login prompts. The email does display in the background but any changing the viewed folder results in those three login prompts again. An attempt to delete a message results in those three prompts and then the user gets a popup "Some items can't be deleted. They were either moved, already deleted, or access was denied." Then the inbox no longer displays any messages, instead showing "The folder can't be displayed. You don't have permission to perform this action." Closing and reop...

Customer Level Prices Changing After Additional Items Added to A Sale
Hello Ladies & Gents, Here's something wierd I have come across. If you define price levels for an item and then on the POS select a customer with a corresponding level and ring up that item, the item will show up with the level price and the bold font. However, if you ring up additional items that don't have price levels defined, the the price of the first item goes back to regular and the font changes back to normal! However, if you ring up all your items first and then select the customer, then items with price levels will be adjusted accordingly. Obviously, this is not...

3.0 Lastname change ???
I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name lastname. How can I get the first user to be in this format ? Jack Can I just change the full name for the user en the table for systemusers ??? There hasn't been created other things than this user in the system ? "Jack" <jackdSPAM@jackd.dk> skrev i en meddelelse news:OUjgKfOeGHA.3388@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... >I made a new user and then changed the way it show lastname name to name >lastname. > > How can I get the first user to be in this format ? > > Jack > You can...

internet options change and ie 8
i have ie 8 and have noticed that my internet options icon changes and im wondering what that means. the icon is a globe type image and then for some reason not of my doing (as far as i know) it changes and has a white square in front of the globe and the square has a check mark on it. its probably not a big deal but im just curious what it is doing and what it means. thank you in advance. kf. "kf" <kf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4F1B7252-67A7-4BEF-8BB6-983C8B8C2026@microsoft.com... > i have ie 8 and have noticed that my internet o...

how would i change default user name all excel files
I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with question; Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com Tools|Options|General Tab and modify the "user name" box learner wrote: > > I am doing a learn direct course and had to use the help facility with > question; > Find out how you would change the default user name for all excel files. > If somebody could help please email me on georginacambridg@aol.com -- Dave Peterson ...

password #12
I can't change my password in windows screen saver. I click change and nothing happens. The password protect is checked and if I uncheck it, it still does nothing. Also every time I open Outlook Express 6 I get the "illegal operation" message. How do I get rid of that? format your computer and reinstall. Laf.. nah i would re- install outlook express. for your screensaver problem.. try changing to a different screen saver..? >-----Original Message----- >I can't change my password in windows screen saver. I >click change and nothing happens. The password prot...

How protect with password the access of a spreadsheet ?
Hi. I want to know how i can protect the access of non-authorized user to view the content of one spreadsheet of all workbook. The reason is my company has a sales report that it can be viewed for all user but there are 1 spreadsheet that contain confidential information (in the same workbook) that we wan't that be watched for all user of the report. Best Regards, Manuel Excel's worksheet protection is not made for this kind of security. It is easily broken. If you don't want the information getting out, don't put it in excel. (Or don't share that file!) Manuel ...

Changing producet key in RMS
I input the incorrect product key while installing RMS on a client (I have mutiple clients and just input the wrong one). I would like to change the key to the correct one. How do I do this easily? This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0576_01C7B447.A8CDDD50 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Richard, Either hand the Product ID sheet to the other client or put in the = correct Product ID and when the other is installed, they will have to = call for a different Product ID. Product ID's are NOT...

How do I change my email address for Office Online?
How do I change my email address for Office Online? ...

How do I change
When typing long text into the cell page break is not dividing it, so as a result only part of text is printed out. Changing the column width of is not the option. How I can change the default maximum row height (409 points to the larger number, and how I could devide cell with the page break? ...

OWA connectivity problems
Hi everyone, I have a box with OWA on Ex2k, Win2k. The OWA is using a Verisign cert and is behind a fw which NATs the IP address... This has been working for best part of 7 months... Beginning of the week users started receiving "Cannot find server or DNS Error" errors on their browsers. I have checked the OWA internaly and it works, restarted all services so I guess it must be something to do with external connectivity. (or the cert which by the way has not expired...) Is there a good way of testing/troubleshooting this scenario? Many thanks, Jose In browser's location ...

Changing cost on IMC
Hi, I have recently joined my E2K3 to my existing Exch 55 site. both Exchange servers has IMC installed. I have changed the cost of the Exch 55 to cost 99 in the Address Space tab and hoping all outgoing email will send through the E2K3 IMC. But for users on the Exch 55, emails still going out through the Exch 55 IMC instead of the E2K3 IMC. Am I missing something here ? How can I make sure and confirm external emails will sent through the E2K3 IMC ? ps. I have waited 1 day. TIA Steven This may help: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/883407/ -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com...

Distributing Changes in Workbook
Hi, This is a newbie question. Suppose a worksheet has been developed and it was distributed to a number of people who have been entering data into their own copies of the workbook. If a change is made in the 'master' worksbook to VBA code or a cell formula to fix a problem, what is the best way to distribute the VBA / formula changes to the different users while allowing them to keep the data in their copies of the workbook? I hope this question makes sense. TIA! This sounds like a good reason to distribute the VBA code as a separate workbook (as an Addin). Then you could just...

Changing Uppercase to Lowercase
I have been supplied a huge Excel file, but all the text has been entered as CAPS. Is there anyway in Excel that you can change this to Upper and Lowercase or just lowercase would do. I am using Excel 2000 on an XP PC. Any help would be gratefully received. You have to use helper columns and the built-in functions Proper or Lower to do that or... The free Excel add-in "Excel Extras" will do that. It has upper, lower, proper and sentence case options added to the format menu. Does other stuff too. Download from... http://www.realezsites.com/bus/primitivesoftware -- Jim Cone S...

How to change default date formula on Excel worksheet
Excel 2007 Want to change the default formula for date on worksheet. Currently any date input auto displays as "17-Apr" for example. I know how to format to display 4/17/2010, but want this as default when I open the worksheet. In excel 2003 it was easy set up in "Options" in 2007, I can't seem to figure how to set this default. Advises please Change it Windows CP, Regional & Language Options. -- Regards Dave Hawley www.ozgrid.com "alexanderoux" <alexanderoux@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6E394AB6-C944-4...

Change view button sends message to view after its destroyed
I've still got a problem with my MFC code (see PreTranslateMessage called wrongly post in this forum). I've narrowed down whats happening a bit now so here are the details... I have a CScrollView derived class which is a child window of a CSplitterWnd. The view has a button on it which when pressed causes the view to be destroyed and a new CScrollView derived class to be created in its place (i.e., the pane changes to a different view when the button is pressed). Everything was working well until I tried to add a PreTranslateMessage virtual function override to the view. The pre-trans...

Routing and MX record change
We have an existing exchange 2000 server that is being replaced with a exchange 2003 server hosted in a data centre. The current exchange server is accepting mail for domain xyz.xom and we have instructed the users (1000+) that from Monday, they use the new exchange server via OWA to receive/send email as the mx record will be changed to the new server over the weekend. We will then go round over the following week reconfiguring their outlook with the new exchange server and domain, but until then they make do with OWA. The problem is that the mx record will not be changed over the weekend a...

Transferring track-changes
Is it possible to transfer track-change comments from a word document to an excel document? Need to document the track-change comments as a separate document, but don't know how. See the following article that includes a macro that will extract all the track changes to a Word table within a new document, obviously this table can then be copied into Excel. I have used this myself several times and after a few minor cosmetic changes got a good result. http://www.thedoctools.com/index.php?show=mt_trackchanges_extract If you are not used to working with macros, see the helpfu...