OWA Administration and SAV for Exchange

On a new Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed, we are unable to
access the OWA Administration Tools program, locally or remotely, or the
Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange v5.x, remotely.  The OWA tool is
not that big of an issue for us at this point, but we would like to be able
to access the SAV interface remotely, and feel that these are somehow
related.

When trying to access the OWA Admin Tools, we receive the message that the
page cannot be found, but the address bar shows
https://<servername>/OWAAdmin/, which should be the correct address.

When we try to access SAV remotely we receive an error to "Try verifying
that the IWAM account has been granted impersonation rights." and we have
looked at, and tried modifying, the remote systems local securtiy policy
settings with no success.  We have contacted Symantec about this and were
told that it was a MS issue and to contact them.

Has anyone else ran into either of these problems and would they have a
solution to either or both?  Sorry to post a question about Symantec
products on this newsgroup, but evidently Symantec no longer has any
newsgroups or none that are easily accessible.

0
ckwagler (28)

Is there a possibility that the IWAM account has lost password sync with
IIS? Has anyone modified this to your knowledge?

Nue
"william r. riley" <ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> On a new Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed, we are unable
> to access the OWA Administration Tools program, locally or remotely, or
> the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange v5.x, remotely.  The OWA
> tool is not that big of an issue for us at this point, but we would like
> to be able to access the SAV interface remotely, and feel that these are
> somehow related.
>
> When trying to access the OWA Admin Tools, we receive the message that the
> page cannot be found, but the address bar shows
> https://<servername>/OWAAdmin/, which should be the correct address.
>
> When we try to access SAV remotely we receive an error to "Try verifying
> that the IWAM account has been granted impersonation rights." and we have
> looked at, and tried modifying, the remote systems local securtiy policy
> settings with no success.  We have contacted Symantec about this and were
> told that it was a MS issue and to contact them.
>
> Has anyone else ran into either of these problems and would they have a
> solution to either or both?  Sorry to post a question about Symantec
> products on this newsgroup, but evidently Symantec no longer has any
> newsgroups or none that are easily accessible.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/14/2006 6:44:50 PM
There should not have been any modification to this.  The only thing that we
can think of is that this server is 2003 Server with SP1 installed natively,
not upgraded to SP1, and that there must be a security setting that we are
not aware of.  We have had the application on 2003 Servers that were
upgraded to SP1 with no issues.  The one thing that we find odd is that the
OWA Admin Tool does not work from the system itself, let alone remotely.

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Is there a possibility that the IWAM account has lost password sync with
> IIS? Has anyone modified this to your knowledge?
>
> Nue
> "william r. riley" <ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> On a new Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed, we are unable
>> to access the OWA Administration Tools program, locally or remotely, or
>> the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange v5.x, remotely.  The OWA
>> tool is not that big of an issue for us at this point, but we would like
>> to be able to access the SAV interface remotely, and feel that these are
>> somehow related.
>>
>> When trying to access the OWA Admin Tools, we receive the message that
>> the page cannot be found, but the address bar shows
>> https://<servername>/OWAAdmin/, which should be the correct address.
>>
>> When we try to access SAV remotely we receive an error to "Try verifying
>> that the IWAM account has been granted impersonation rights." and we have
>> looked at, and tried modifying, the remote systems local securtiy policy
>> settings with no success.  We have contacted Symantec about this and were
>> told that it was a MS issue and to contact them.
>>
>> Has anyone else ran into either of these problems and would they have a
>> solution to either or both?  Sorry to post a question about Symantec
>> products on this newsgroup, but evidently Symantec no longer has any
>> newsgroups or none that are easily accessible.

0
ckwagler (28)
3/14/2006 7:29:29 PM
The OWA ADmin tool probably isn't working because of password sync problems
which means it won't be able launch under that the IWAM process. One
solution is reinstall IIS and then reintsall Exchange.

This article explains a little about the IWAM account:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297989/en-us

> There should not have been any modification to this.  The only thing that
> we can think of is that this server is 2003 Server with SP1 installed
> natively, not upgraded to SP1, and that there must be a security setting
> that we are not aware of.  We have had the application on 2003 Servers
> that were upgraded to SP1 with no issues.  The one thing that we find odd
> is that the OWA Admin Tool does not work from the system itself, let alone
> remotely.
>
> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a possibility that the IWAM account has lost password sync with
>> IIS? Has anyone modified this to your knowledge?
>>
>> Nue
>> "william r. riley" <ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> On a new Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed, we are unable
>>> to access the OWA Administration Tools program, locally or remotely, or
>>> the Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange v5.x, remotely.  The OWA
>>> tool is not that big of an issue for us at this point, but we would like
>>> to be able to access the SAV interface remotely, and feel that these are
>>> somehow related.
>>>
>>> When trying to access the OWA Admin Tools, we receive the message that
>>> the page cannot be found, but the address bar shows
>>> https://<servername>/OWAAdmin/, which should be the correct address.
>>>
>>> When we try to access SAV remotely we receive an error to "Try verifying
>>> that the IWAM account has been granted impersonation rights." and we
>>> have looked at, and tried modifying, the remote systems local securtiy
>>> policy settings with no success.  We have contacted Symantec about this
>>> and were told that it was a MS issue and to contact them.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else ran into either of these problems and would they have a
>>> solution to either or both?  Sorry to post a question about Symantec
>>> products on this newsgroup, but evidently Symantec no longer has any
>>> newsgroups or none that are easily accessible.

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/14/2006 8:37:45 PM
Unfortunately I am not comfortable with uninstalling and reinstalling
Exchange without first moving the mailboxes to a new server and at the time
we do not have the resources for this.  I was hoping that there may be an
easier way of accomplishing these tasks and if this is the only solution
will have to live with the issues for now.  Thanks.

> The OWA ADmin tool probably isn't working because of password sync
> problems which means it won't be able launch under that the IWAM process.
> One solution is reinstall IIS and then reintsall Exchange.
>
> This article explains a little about the IWAM account:
>
> Nue
> "william r. riley" <ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> There should not have been any modification to this.  The only thing that
>> we can think of is that this server is 2003 Server with SP1 installed
>> natively, not upgraded to SP1, and that there must be a security setting
>> that we are not aware of.  We have had the application on 2003 Servers
>> that were upgraded to SP1 with no issues.  The one thing that we find odd
>> is that the OWA Admin Tool does not work from the system itself, let
>> alone remotely.
>>
>> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Is there a possibility that the IWAM account has lost password sync with
>>> IIS? Has anyone modified this to your knowledge?
>>>
>>> Nue
>>> "william r. riley" <ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote in message

0
ckwagler (28)
3/14/2006 8:53:51 PM
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:57:20 -0600, "william r. riley"
<ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On a new Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed, we are unable to
>access the OWA Administration Tools program, locally or remotely, or the
>Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange v5.x, remotely.  The OWA tool is
>not that big of an issue for us at this point, but we would like to be able
>to access the SAV interface remotely, and feel that these are somehow
>related.
>
>When trying to access the OWA Admin Tools, we receive the message that the
>page cannot be found, but the address bar shows
>https://<servername>/OWAAdmin/, which should be the correct address.
>
>When we try to access SAV remotely we receive an error to "Try verifying
>that the IWAM account has been granted impersonation rights." and we have
>looked at, and tried modifying, the remote systems local securtiy policy
>settings with no success.  We have contacted Symantec about this and were
>told that it was a MS issue and to contact them.
>
>Has anyone else ran into either of these problems and would they have a
>solution to either or both?  Sorry to post a question about Symantec
>products on this newsgroup, but evidently Symantec no longer has any
>newsgroups or none that are easily accessible.

Are you connecting as a local admin on the Exchange Server?

I'm betting this is a Symantec issue, not an Exchange, but it could be
related to the tighter DCOM security insituted in Windows 2003 SP1.
Anything in the event logs?

0
adavid (8731)
3/14/2006 9:12:07 PM
We have tried logging in remotely with the local system admin account and
the domain admin account with the same results.  If we try from the local
system we can login to the Symantec application, but not the OWA Admin Tool.

According to the technician at Symantec, this was a MS issue and would need
to be handled by them.  This was a very short and definitive conversation on
their behalf.  If you look at their support information on this,
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-gate.nsf/2b5cdc4c15f9c376882570a500654255/b964490e5a6e84ad882570de0054cc47?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam&seg=en,
there is only one possible condition/reason that we would be having problems
and that is the IWAM account is out of synch or does not exist.  I am not
sure how to tell if it exists or is out of synch, and they evidently do not
want to share that information either.

At this point I would be happy if we were able to find a solution to the OWA
Admin Tool problem.

"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:57:20 -0600, "william r. riley"
> <ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On a new Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed, we are unable
>>access the OWA Administration Tools program, locally or remotely, or the
>>Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange v5.x, remotely.  The OWA tool is
>>not that big of an issue for us at this point, but we would like to be
>>able
>>to access the SAV interface remotely, and feel that these are somehow
>>related.
>>
>>When trying to access the OWA Admin Tools, we receive the message that the
>>page cannot be found, but the address bar shows
>>https://<servername>/OWAAdmin/, which should be the correct address.
>>
>>When we try to access SAV remotely we receive an error to "Try verifying
>>that the IWAM account has been granted impersonation rights." and we have
>>looked at, and tried modifying, the remote systems local securtiy policy
>>settings with no success.  We have contacted Symantec about this and were
>>told that it was a MS issue and to contact them.
>>
>>Has anyone else ran into either of these problems and would they have a
>>solution to either or both?  Sorry to post a question about Symantec
>>products on this newsgroup, but evidently Symantec no longer has any
>>newsgroups or none that are easily accessible.
>>

> Are you connecting as a local admin on the Exchange Server?
>
> I'm betting this is a Symantec issue, not an Exchange, but it could be
> related to the tighter DCOM security insituted in Windows 2003 SP1.
> Anything in the event logs?

0
ckwagler (28)
3/14/2006 10:00:50 PM
Try this:

> Unfortunately I am not comfortable with uninstalling and reinstalling
> Exchange without first moving the mailboxes to a new server and at the
> time we do not have the resources for this.  I was hoping that there may
> be an easier way of accomplishing these tasks and if this is the only
> solution will have to live with the issues for now.  Thanks.
>
> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The OWA ADmin tool probably isn't working because of password sync
>> problems which means it won't be able launch under that the IWAM process.
>> One solution is reinstall IIS and then reintsall Exchange.
>>
>> This article explains a little about the IWAM account:
>>
>> Nue
>> "william r. riley" <ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>> There should not have been any modification to this.  The only thing
>>> that we can think of is that this server is 2003 Server with SP1
>>> installed natively, not upgraded to SP1, and that there must be a
>>> security setting that we are not aware of.  We have had the application
>>> on 2003 Servers that were upgraded to SP1 with no issues.  The one thing
>>> that we find odd is that the OWA Admin Tool does not work from the
>>> system itself, let alone remotely.
>>>
>>> "Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message

0
imaneophyte (3004)
3/14/2006 10:46:50 PM
On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 16:00:50 -0600, "william r. riley"
<ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote:

>We have tried logging in remotely with the local system admin account and
>the domain admin account with the same results.  If we try from the local
>system we can login to the Symantec application, but not the OWA Admin Tool.
>
>According to the technician at Symantec, this was a MS issue and would need
>to be handled by them.  This was a very short and definitive conversation on
>their behalf.  If you look at their support information on this,
>http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/ent-gate.nsf/2b5cdc4c15f9c376882570a500654255/b964490e5a6e84ad882570de0054cc47?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam&seg=en,
>there is only one possible condition/reason that we would be having problems
>and that is the IWAM account is out of synch or does not exist.  I am not
>sure how to tell if it exists or is out of synch, and they evidently do not
>want to share that information either.

Well, they dont exactly say there is only one possible reason for the
issue!
It sounds like it could any of those things listed or more and most
likely means they would rather blame Microsoft than fix it.

>At this point I would be happy if we were able to find a solution to the OWA
>Admin Tool problem.
>
>"Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> wrote in message
>> On Tue, 14 Mar 2006 09:57:20 -0600, "william r. riley"
>> <ckwagler@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>On a new Server 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed, we are unable
>>>access the OWA Administration Tools program, locally or remotely, or the
>>>Symantec AntiVirus for Microsoft Exchange v5.x, remotely.  The OWA tool is
>>>not that big of an issue for us at this point, but we would like to be
>>>able
>>>to access the SAV interface remotely, and feel that these are somehow
>>>related.
>>>
>>>When trying to access the OWA Admin Tools, we receive the message that the
>>>page cannot be found, but the address bar shows
>>>https://<servername>/OWAAdmin/, which should be the correct address.
>>>
>>>When we try to access SAV remotely we receive an error to "Try verifying
>>>that the IWAM account has been granted impersonation rights." and we have
>>>looked at, and tried modifying, the remote systems local securtiy policy
>>>settings with no success.  We have contacted Symantec about this and were
>>>told that it was a MS issue and to contact them.
>>>
>>>Has anyone else ran into either of these problems and would they have a
>>>solution to either or both?  Sorry to post a question about Symantec
>>>products on this newsgroup, but evidently Symantec no longer has any
>>>newsgroups or none that are easily accessible.
>>>

>> Are you connecting as a local admin on the Exchange Server?
>>
>> I'm betting this is a Symantec issue, not an Exchange, but it could be
>> related to the tighter DCOM security insituted in Windows 2003 SP1.
>> Anything in the event logs?

0
adavid (8731)

Mandatory Password Change using OWA
Is there a way of making OWA mandate a password change. Like the Windows login password mandate that says you have to change your password in order to log in? I figured it would do that automatically. Instead it's locking my clients out once their password expires and I get an angry phone call. I have Exchange 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2000 SP4 Server box. Thanks in advance for any input. Michael On Wed, 27 Sep 2006 21:31:08 GMT, nospam@noway.com wrote: >Is there a way of making OWA mandate a password change. > >Like the Windows login password mandate that says you have to cha...

Exchange 5.5 quick question
I know this is an old version, we spent a ton of cash on Server 2k3 and exchange 2k3 but it wont migrate, so we're kind of stuck for the moment. I'm just adding a new mailbox (simple, right?) I'm assigning a primary NT account to this new mailbox, but the primary NT account that I want isnt showing up in the list of available accounts, even though it is in the list of accounts in the User Manager for Domains in the Administrative tools in the start menu. I'd really like to migrate to 2k3, but the migration tool is very frustrating, and it doesnt really work, im thin...

OWA, timeouts, and autosave
the majority of our user community (1500) use OWA as their primary e-mail client. We ran into the following issue. 1. if a user logins into the OWA using the 'public' feature the timeout is set to 15 minutes. 2.) if a user is typing a very long e-mail and exceeds he 15 minutes, then they are logged off. problem is the e-mail they are working on is lost. is there a way in Exchange 2000 to automatically save an e-mail as a draft if you are disconnected or automatically logged off? Thanks! On 25 Oct 2005 06:43:56 -0700, "Russ Leathe" <russ@gordon.edu> wrote: >t...

New user account/mail box created is not resolving Exchange 2003
I have created a user account and mail enabled the same it happend sucsessfully. when i try to configure outlook2003 it gives me the error "the action could not be completed.the name could not be matched to a name in the address list".I am able to resolve all the existing accounts thru outlook , but the new ids created are not getting resolved. Thanks & regards Raisal Have you check the email addresses of the user account? Make sure RUS is stamping your new user accounts. "Raisal" <Raisal@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00872B93-46A4-47...

Exchange 2003
I have a Win2K3 SBS with Exchange 2003. Although everything appears to be working properly, Veritas 9.1 will not backup my Information Store because it says that the database is corrupted. I have gone through the procedure using ESEUTIL to try and repair the various edb files, but the corruption is still there. I seem to remember a knowledge base article which documents how to EXMERGE the mailboxes, blow up the corrupt information store, create a new information store, and then import the EXMERGED mailboxes, but I can't seem to find it. Is there a procedure out there that will do ...

Add fields and filters to OWA views
Are there any third party apps or updates from MS that expand or make it possible to edit the OWA look, feel, options, layout, or anything else about it? Where can I change the source code? Any suggested links for beginning programmers wanting to change OWA? I expecially need to add some fields and filters to views. PremP ...

Outlook crashes when I connect to Exchange
For more than a week, Outlook has been crashing, whenever I try to connect to my Exchange server email, contacts, calendar, etc. I have used Outlook for many years, with no major problem. I am using Outlook 2007 with a language pack installed on an Italian version of Vista, running on my home laptop. When I check the event log, it shows one error: "Application that generated the error OUTLOOK.EXE, version 12.0.6514.5000, timestamp 0x4a89dc70, module that generated the error olmapi32.dll, version 12.0.6514.5000, timestamp 0x4a89d653, exception code 0xc0000005, offset error 0...

OWA views
hI , I'm linking in a public folder to my companies intranet site and want to specify the view o the folder. si there any way to do this in the URL ? Cheers Sean Ask this in an Exchange group - OWA is a part of Exchange, not Outlook. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sean asked: | hI , | | I'm linking in a public folder to my companies intranet site and want | to specif...

import Exchange 2003 information stores into newly set up Exchange 2007
Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previous Exchange 2003 that was running as part of SBS on a different domain that I would like to import private and public information stores into the new Exchange 2007 environment. I have the 2003 information stores copied to a backup directory on the new Exchange server. Any ideas? I thought there might be some command line utility for such. Thanks very much! Don On Sun, 17 Dec 2006 13:34:59 -0600, "dbj" <dbj@midsouth.rr.com> wrote: >Exchange 2007 set up and running beautifully. But I had a previou...

Connecting to two exchange servers
I work for two seperate companies each of whom has an exchange server. I run outlook 2003 and would like to be able to connect to both servers simultaneously. On each server, I have extensive folder trees of old mail. I also maintain seperate calendars and tasks. I cannot consolidate on a single exchange server because of confidentiality issues and the need to have seperate calendars accessible to other users in each of the two companies. I have so far investigated: - POP but this does not give me the folders. - Profiles but I do not appear to be able to run 2 instances of outlook a...

DFL 2003 AD and Exchange 5.5 Admin console
I have a DFL 2003 AD Domain, with Exchange 5.5. When switching to DFL 2K3 I left the nt4emulator key present so that 2K machines would still see it as an NT domain. Since raising the Domain and Forest levels have nothing to do with clients it was successful. I know that eventually it will need to be removed, however everything works fine. There is a problem on my admin PC's that have the Neutralize NT4 Emulator keys. My Exchange 5.5 administrator is painfully slow. When I create a new domain account and then create a mailbox in Ex5.5 it takes about 30 minutes for the account to po...

Blank Message Body in OWA
After bringing the patches up to date on our Exchange Server, we are seeing blank message bodies when viewed with OWA. The text only appears when you do a Reply or Forward on the message. Running on NT4 SP6, Exchange 5.5 SP4 Have looked at KB314532 but problem still persists. Any ideas. TIA Roy. ...

Outlook and exchange #3
Hi, I am running windows XP clients, with Office XP on a small network with SBS2K3. I am trying to attain a view in outlook where, when someone clicks on a date on the calendar they also get a view of their "Tasks" for that day and can quickly get a view of overdue tasks. I have tried this by customising the current view and it does not seem to work. I have tried the 'right mouse click on the tasks pane and choosing the option to change the taskpane view to todays tasks and then to overdue tasks' but this does not work!. I have tried setting filters in the options and this ...

Exchange 2003 Transaction Log Recovery
I am currently looking a way to recover about 8 months worth of email in a users mailbox. The issue at hand was 8 months worth of emails in 1 users mailbox were moved to a pst file. The PST file was stored on the users local C: drive, bad idea I know, and we lost the hard drive. I am aware that i am looking at restoring the private information store and replaying the log files for about 8 months worth of data. Our email environment is a high email flow environment so this will be a massive restoration effort. Are there any tools that will let me mine and rebuild just 1 users mailbo...

2003 IMF got installed on Exchange 2000?
I'm looking at some memory dumps and it appears that SMTP is loading the msgfilter.dll from Exchange 2003 and causing the process to crash. The msgfilter.dll is part of the IMF so I am trying to understand how it got installed on this Exchange 2000 server. The dll is currently being loaded as an event sink so it was somehow registered into the metabase. Is it possible that Windows Update or something else installed the 2003 IMF on my Exchange 2000SP3 server? ...

Journaling Exchange 2003
Hello I used to make journaling with Exchange 5.5 with IMSEXT extension . I was able to copy incoming and outgoing emails exchanged with internet in public folders How to make the same thing with Exchange 2003? I saw journaling is possible, but that includes as well the interns mesages as the external messages. Thank you Pierre <Pierre Delmas> wrote: >Hello >I used to make journaling with Exchange 5.5 with IMSEXT extension . >I was able to copy incoming and outgoing emails exchanged with internet in >public folders >How to make the same thing with Exchange 2003? >I...

OWA Exchange 5.5
Good Afternoon: I am in th process of trying to install OWA on a clients SBS 4.5 server. If I got to the logon screen I get the gold screen but once I enter a user name and password the screen goes white and just sits there. ANy ideas? ...

Exchange 2003 Message Tracking #2
When I go into the message tracking center and select the exchange server name of the server that has the mailbox that i'm trying to track message for, it renames itself to another exchange server name. Message tracking is enabled on the Exchange server that I want to search. The logs are in place. The servername.log share is in place and the permissions are correct. The server that I am trying to track is a cluster, that is the only thing that I can think of. I seem to recall having tracked messages in the past and can't think of anything that has changed. I've tried ...

New 2k Exchange w/ existing 2k Exchange Server Problem HELP!!!!!!!
I just installed a new 2000 exchange server on my domain and I am having a problem connecting to it. I have an existing 2000 Exchange server called "BOSS" and my new one is called "exchsrvr" they are both online I am moving my mail box over to the new server "exchsrvr" and I just tried to sync my outlook up to the new one by entering the name of the new server "exchsrvr" and then my name and clicking "Check name" and once i click the "check name" button the server name changes back to my old exchange server "BOSS" how...

Problem with Exchange 2007 and Entourage 2008 connection

syncing mail stores between 2 Exchange 2007 servers?
We have a main location with an AD/file server running Windows Server 2003 R2 32-bit. We also have an Exchange server here running Windows Server 2003 R2 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. We have a second location with a backup AD/file server running Windows Server 2008 R2 64-bit. We also have an Exchange server running Windows Server 2008 64-bit and Exchange 2007 Standard SP2. The purpose of this second location is strictly to serve as a backup - if a disaster occurs, the plan would be to restore our file shares and Exchange database to these servers at our second loc...

Exchange and TrendMicro
I just uninstalled Trend Micro Neat Suite, and now my exchange server dosen't recieve incoming mail. It can send, but no mails get through to the mailboxes. I think one of TrendMicros products, IMSS, redirects mail through port 6000, but i can't figure out where to change the setting. I also use ISA server. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance, Jan Hi Jan D, have you tried to disable "Trend Micro Agent Personal Firewall" service in your Exchange Server? A long time ago I had a problem with this service in my exchange server and when I disabled it, my problem was fixed. ...

Exchange Address Boo
Exchange Address Book In our environment we're running 3 email systems. One is MS Exchange and the other two are Postfix. The Postfix mail systems use OpenLDAP for address book information. I would like to import contacts from OpenLDAP to Active Directory, so users can see contact information from the OpenLDAP directory in Outlook. What would be the best way to do this? Should I try to import contacts through ESM, ADSI, etc? Any information/ideas is/are appreciated. Best, Use LDIFDE or CSVDE command. Following KB has steps for same... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/237677 -...

Removing second (test) exchange 2003 server
I have two exchange 2003 servers. One officially for production (1st server) and another which I recently added for testing purposes only. Both Exchange servers are in the same administrative group. The only thing I did with the test server was moving mailboxes back and forth from the production server to resolve a performance issue. Now that I've finished testing, I want to remove the test server from my exchange environment. I've read kbs 822931, 833396, 320202. As far as I know I didn't change any roles, so is it safe to say that I can remove my test exchange server? If...

Foreign Currency Exchange Rates Web service
Hi Guys, please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange rates? On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 13:38:30 GMT, 'Layemi Oshodi wrote: > please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange > rates? http://www.xe.com/ucc/ -- I'd hate to end the universe by mistake. On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 14:38:30 +0100, "'Layemi Oshodi" <yemmy@biosmart-ng.com> wrote: >please does anyone know of any web service that is for currency exchange >rates? Google's calculator calculates with almost every unit imagin...