This only from 1 of my users.

De : Gilles Trachsel=20
Envoy=E9 : vendredi, 6. ao=FBt 2004 09:05
=C0 : Brian K. Lockett
Cc : Gilles Trachsel
Objet : Test webmail

?=20
Test
=20
=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=
=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9
=C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3=20
=20
Regards,
Gilles
0
anonymous (74722)

Is there anything different about this client, is the build of Windows
different to any other users ?
Does it happen in Outlook ?
Does the client have a product called SolarWinds Professional edition
installed on their desktop ?
If not, what other products are installed on the machine ?

Paul

"BK Lockett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
When an e-mail is created and sent using OWA a single ?
quesiton mark charcter is added to the first line in the
body of the received e-mail sent to both internal and
external recipients.

This only from 1 of my users.

De : Gilles Trachsel
Envoy� : vendredi, 6. ao�t 2004 09:05
� : Brian K. Lockett
Cc : Gilles Trachsel

?
Test

ééééééééééééééé
� � � � � � � � � � � � � � �

Regards,
Gilles

0
paulford (74)
8/6/2004 1:05:33 PM
Here are some observations:
TODAYS OBSERVATIONS

The tests just performed, if I understand what Gilles=20
sent, show a similar change plus a font change for OWA html

Where Gilles composed using a font selection DESIGNTIMESP=20
and showed the actual European character ( =E9 ), the OWA=20
view rendered the messages as ARIAL and showed other raw=20
HTML characters (&#258; =A9 ).

This still does not tell me how to fix the problem, though.

Professional edition
>installed on their desktop ?
>If not, what other products are installed on the machine ?
>
>Paul
>--=20
>This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and=20
confers no rights.

>"BK Lockett" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote=20
in message
>When an e-mail is created and sent using OWA a single ?
>quesiton mark charcter is added to the first line in the
>body of the received e-mail sent to both internal and
>external recipients.
>
>This only from 1 of my users.
>
>De : Gilles Trachsel
>Envoy=E9 : vendredi, 6. ao=FBt 2004 09:05
>=C0 : Brian K. Lockett
>Cc : Gilles Trachsel
>Objet : Test webmail
>

>?
>Test
>
>=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=
=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9
>=C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3
>
>Regards,
>Gilles
>

>.

0
blockett (1)
8/6/2004 7:36:47 PM

"BK Lockett" <blockett@peribit.com> wrote in message
Here are some observations:
TODAYS OBSERVATIONS

The tests just performed, if I understand what Gilles
sent, show a similar change plus a font change for OWA html

Where Gilles composed using a font selection DESIGNTIMESP
and showed the actual European character ( � ), the OWA
view rendered the messages as ARIAL and showed other raw
HTML characters (&#258; � ).

This still does not tell me how to fix the problem, though.

0
paulford (74)
8/9/2004 3:47:08 PM
Our company has been suffering from this problem.  After reading
Paul's message, I verified that the problem was caused by Solarwinds.

I sent a test message from OWA on a machine without Solarwinds
installed, the message came through clean.  I then installed
solarwinds and sent a test message that exhibited the problem.

Is there a known fix for this?

"Paul Ford [MSFT]" <paulford@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<eRGnkgifEHA.3200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> Is there anything different about this client, is the
> build of Windows different to any other users ?
> Does it happen in Outlook ?
> Does the client have a product called SolarWinds
> Professional editioninstalled on their desktop ?
> If not, what other products are installed on the machine ?
>
> Paul

> "BK Lockett" <blockett@peribit.com> wrote in message
> Here are some observations:
> TODAYS OBSERVATIONS
>
> The tests just performed, if I understand what Gilles
> sent, show a similar change plus a font change for OWA html
>
> Where Gilles composed using a font selection DESIGNTIMESP
> and showed the actual European character ( � ), the OWA
> view rendered the messages as ARIAL and showed other raw
> HTML characters (&#258; � ).
>
> This still does not tell me how to fix the problem, though.

I've noticed this on machines that do not have SolarWinds installed.  I have
sent this to SolarWinds to determine what the fix might be.  Has anyone seen
a fix for systems without SolarWinds?

"Jeff" wrote:

> Our company has been suffering from this problem.  After reading
> Paul's message, I verified that the problem was caused by Solarwinds.
>
> I sent a test message from OWA on a machine without Solarwinds
> installed, the message came through clean.  I then installed
> solarwinds and sent a test message that exhibited the problem.
>
> Is there a known fix for this?
>
> "Paul Ford [MSFT]" <paulford@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:<eRGnkgifEHA.3200@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>...
> > Is there anything different about this client, is the
> > build of Windows different to any other users ?
> > Does it happen in Outlook ?
> > Does the client have a product called SolarWinds
> > Professional editioninstalled on their desktop ?
> > If not, what other products are installed on the machine ?
> >
> > Paul
> >
> > --
> >

> > "BK Lockett" <blockett@peribit.com> wrote in message
> > Here are some observations:
> > TODAYS OBSERVATIONS
> >
> > The tests just performed, if I understand what Gilles
> > sent, show a similar change plus a font change for OWA html
> >
> > Where Gilles composed using a font selection DESIGNTIMESP
> > and showed the actual European character ( é ), the OWA
> > view rendered the messages as ARIAL and showed other raw
> > HTML characters (Ă © ).
> >
> > This still does not tell me how to fix the problem, though.

0
leemack33 (9)
1/13/2005 5:49:06 PM
Sounds to me like change of default encoding from UTF-8 to UTF-7 or
something similar. I encountered the question signs problem very often when
working with russian characters. It was always the truncated bit in the
character representation (therefore, change of encoding in the received
message can't help since it can't recover the missing bits).

This might as well be a B/S, I am just thinking aloud. Never mind then :)

Regards,
Boris

"Lee" <leemack33@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I've noticed this on machines that do not have SolarWinds installed.  I
have
> sent this to SolarWinds to determine what the fix might be.  Has anyone
seen
> a fix for systems without SolarWinds?
>
> "Jeff" wrote:
>
> > Our company has been suffering from this problem.  After reading
> > Paul's message, I verified that the problem was caused by Solarwinds.
> >
> > I sent a test message from OWA on a machine without Solarwinds
> > installed, the message came through clean.  I then installed
> > solarwinds and sent a test message that exhibited the problem.
> >
> > Is there a known fix for this?
> >
> > "Paul Ford [MSFT]" <paulford@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > > Is there anything different about this client, is the
> > > build of Windows different to any other users ?
> > > Does it happen in Outlook ?
> > > Does the client have a product called SolarWinds
> > > Professional editioninstalled on their desktop ?
> > > If not, what other products are installed on the machine ?
> > >
> > > Paul
> > >
> > > --
rights.

> > > "BK Lockett" <blockett@peribit.com> wrote in message
> > > Here are some observations:
> > > TODAYS OBSERVATIONS
> > >
> > > The tests just performed, if I understand what Gilles
> > > sent, show a similar change plus a font change for OWA html
> > >
> > > Where Gilles composed using a font selection DESIGNTIMESP
> > > and showed the actual European character ( e ), the OWA
> > > view rendered the messages as ARIAL and showed other raw
> > > HTML characters (A � ).
> > >
> > > This still does not tell me how to fix the problem, though.

0
msexpert1 (171)
1/13/2005 8:14:51 PM
I found the cause to this one and the solution. On the client computer
that is using IE, the cause is another application that has been
installed has downreved dhtmled.ocx and triedit.dll.

The install program probably just looked in the Windows\System32
directory, did not see the files, so it installed them and registered
them.

The ones you need to use are located in C:\Program Files\Common
Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit. Open a command prompt, change directory
to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Triedit and then use
regsvr32 to re-register the correct versions of dhtmled.ocx and
triedit.dll. You can then go delete the old versions that are probably
located in your windows\system32.

This will get rid of the ?

BK Rogers

BK Lockett wrote:
> When an e-mail is created and sent using OWA a single ?
> quesiton mark charcter is added to the first line in the
> body of the received e-mail sent to both internal and
> external recipients.
>
> This only from 1 of my users.
>
> De : Gilles Trachsel
> Envoy=E9 : vendredi, 6. ao=FBt 2004 09:05
> =C0 : Brian K. Lockett
> Cc : Gilles Trachsel
> Objet : Test webmail
>

> ?
> Test
>
> =C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9=
=C3=A9=C3=A9=C3=A9
> =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3 =C3
> =20
> Regards,
> Gilles

0
bk8710 (3)

OWA with Static Ports Mapped on the Back-End EX2K3 Servers
HI, I recently configured my back-end Exchange 2003 server to use Static Ports using a registry change as specified in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 270836. I reboot the server and everything seems ok. I can connect to the server via Outlook 2003, no problems, but when I try to connect to Exchange via my OWA server I get 'Server Unavailable'. This forces me to undo the registry change on the Exchange Server, and things are back to normal. Is this not working because I have not rebooted the OWA server after the back-end server was configured for static ports, does it need to ...

Most unusual question
Using Outlook Office 2003 and this evening, everytime I try to open a link from email in Outlook, it opens up My Documents! What's wrong and how do I correct this problem! Thanks! ...

Move Items from MB to PF in OWA
Hi When I try to move an item from my privat mailbox to a public folder in owa (exchange 2003), I receive the following error: Moving or copying items between Exchange servers is not supported. In the KB article 260569, my problem is described, but no solution to fix it! Can somebody helps my with this? Thanks & regards, Phil On Thu, 27 Oct 2005 02:00:25 -0700, "Phil H." <PhilH@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi >When I try to move an item from my privat mailbox to a public folder in owa >(exchange 2003), I receive the following error: > >Moving or...

How to filter lower case characters in an edit control?
Hi to all, I created a class that enherits from CEdit and overrode its OnChar() message handler to intercept the entered keys and filter only those that are lower case. It also verifies if an entered key is upper case to convert it to lower case and filter it. Everything works good except the conversion from upper to lower case. The problem is that even if the OnChar() handler does convert the character to lower case, the character is still displayed in the edit box as it was entered, i.e. in upper case. Please note that if I remove the line: "nChar = tolower(nChar);", the u...

question about data...
I am trying to use data on one worksheet as part of another. However, when I copy & paste the data, it copies the formulas instead of the numbers. Using references to the other worksheet doesn't work because on the other worksheet I need to sort the data differently. Is there any way to change the results of a formula to just plain "numbers" in excel? -- caligula11 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ caligula11's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35526 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.c...

Questions re Activities
Is there a way to add the Date Created column to the Activity display? At present I may have a Case or a Contact with lots of activities but they don't appear in chronological order and I have to open each one up and go to File/Properties menu to find the date - would be much easier to do a sort by date. And..does anyone know what the Activity Category and Sub-Category fields are for? There is nothing in the online help and these fields are not listed via the Advanced Find area and so are not searchable. Thanks in advance. Sue ...

Two Question ---
Luck, I have two problems First: I want to change the text of an edit (of course, belong to CView class) from the CWinApp class Second: I'm trying to detect when the mouse pointer is over a picture control and I also need to detect when the mouse click on the picture control. I put its Notify property to true, but this let's me detect the click event, but give me some troubles to detect when the mouse is over Please, somebody help. I'm block with that. Thanks in advantage. > > First: I want to change the text of an edit (of course, belong to CView cla...

Outlook 2002 Question #2
Hi, I have configured Outlook to get email from 2 different accounts: a regular POP3 account and a Hotmail account. When I have Outlook open and a new message arrives in the POP3 account, I get a notification box and I hear a sound. However, when a new email arrives in my Hotmail Inbox, I neither get a notification nor do I hear a sound. So, how do I configure outlook to pop a notification window and play a sound when new mail arrives in my Hotmail Inbox? Thanks, Mr. Camel You can't. Login with your Passport with MSN Messenger to be notified when a new message arrives in yo...

Question regarding Trial Version
I am not able to customize Forms (like Leads etc) using the trial version. Does anyone know whether i can login to MS CRM as Administrator to customize the forms? It currently says no privilege while clicking on Customize. the trial version is a fully-functioning version. you need to be granted the System Administrator role or, at minimum, the System Customizer role. by default, the user that installed the CRM will have the System Administrator role and will have the rights to grant that or any role to you. Dave "Ayyappa Das" <AyyappaDas@discussions.microsoft.com> wr...

COUNTIF question
Hey all, i'm stuck. I need to do a formula that will count the number of cells in column 'A' only if the corresponding cell in column 'B' has a value of '0'. =COUNTIF(O:0,"0")+COUNTIF(P:P,">0") - just counts both, and that's as far as i have got. Can anyone help me please. Thanks ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ This is probably a cheats way of doing it but... I would create a third column with...

HELP!! Accounting Question
When I run a Tender Summary for specific days, I don't see a record of the Payments to Account that have been made for that specific day. Why? My accountant desperately needs to know why. Also, why when I run a Detailed Sales report and a Tender Summary for the same period, do the amount not match up. Thank you in advance for your help. See my new thread question from today for a better Z report that can be run from manager. I think we are talking about the same thing. Maybe someone out there can help. "knightsbridge" <knightsbridge@discussions.microsoft.com> w...

Protecting a worksheet question
I have a question for Excel 98. I tried to do a simple worksheet protection and provided a password. However, I found that not ALL cell in that particular worksheet was protected. Most of the cell would give you a message telling you the worksheet is protected and you need to unprotect the worksheet to modify the cell content. However, some cells you can still change its content. What are the reasons these things happen? Thank you! Each cell has a locked property that you can toggle. But the "lockedness" doesn't really do anything until the worksheet is protected. Then l...

Add to Formula
I have created a drop down list and added a formula to show me the cost of an item eg; pink slippers when that is picked from the list the price appears in the next column..that is all working fine.....=IF(C3="","",VLOOKUP(C3,'Sheet3 (2)'!A3:C152,2,FALSE)) I've been trying to add another formula to this for inventory. So actually what my question is. How do I create a list along with a formula so when I pick the item out it will put in the price, and minus 1 or however many sold, to give me a count of what I have left in stock, and say I started with 25 of...

Changing the width of private characters
Hello! I've created a few private characters with the Private Character Editor (eudcedit.exe). Now the problem is that all characters, even if they are only a few pixels wide, have been assigned maximum width by Windows. Is it possible to change that? Thimo ...

OWA with SSL Enabled
We're running OWA on a 2000 Server box, it has been work fine until we enabled SSL. Now users can not access from the outside our domain. Within our domain, or any .mil domain it works fine. Any suggestions? First thing first: Verify you are allowing port 443 inbound on the firewall to that server. On Fri, 7 May 2004 12:31:24 -0700, "Mark" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We're running OWA on a 2000 Server box, it has been work >fine until we enabled SSL. Now users can not access from >the outside our domain. Within our domain, or an...

Another NameTable Question
I am trying to work out the best way to use the NameTable class in my C# application. I am assuming that getting/adding a string to the nametable has the same overheads as comparing a string normally, so I have created a class which holds references to the atomized strings. Is there a better way to do this? simple example below //Class to provide "string constants" private class MyStrings { public String stringA; public String stringB; public MyStrings(NameTable nt) { stringA = nt.Add("A"); stringB = nt.Add("B"); } } //Class...

Outlook 2007 search for special character
Hi all, How do I search for messages with <abc in the subject? Note that < is a character, I don't want it treated as a less-than operator. I don't want messages with <xabc to appear in the results, as <abc is not in <xabc. Thank you Jim If you are using Instant Search directly, then it should filter out <xabc already. If you set Instant Search to do a Subject search only, then place a double quote in front of your search query; "<abc Note, that there is no quote at the end or it won't be able to find <abcde. If you indeed do ...

Add Custom Activity Type
I have been asked to add a custom actiivity type to the activities entity called Site Visits. Can I get some direction as to how to do this? Afraid, you can't add custom activity types. You can create the entity, but it will behave like any other and does not integrate into the activity views and activity dialogs. -- Michael H�hne, Microsoft Dynamics CRM MVP Web: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2 Feed: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/atom.aspx Custom Lookup Dialog: http://www.stunnware.com/crm2/?area=customLookup ---------------------------------------------------------- "Swamy&qu...

Custom Toolbar Button Question
Hello , I have a GP 9 and I would like to create a custom toolbar button that executes some Dex code. I need to be able to access the data on the current form because I want to invoke an a third party api using some of the field values as variables to pass into the third party api as parameters. I have the dex code for the third party api working fine but I was wondering if someone could point me to a sample. What content objects are available? Thanks, gsvi HI, I have done this before and once you master the concept it's not too hard. It is very close to implementing menu command...

Countif accross multiple questions.
Hi folks, I know this has been asked and answered, but I could not get it working. I thought I would ask my specific problem. I have a excel spreadsheet with a detail sheet containing columns. One column is Inventoried whose values are TRUE or FALSE. Another column is PRICE which could be 0 or any number like 5.35. In anoher sheet I want a summary. I have one cell that is inventoried (=COUNTIF('INVENTORY'!E:E,"TRUE" I need another Cell that will be Unpriced inventory which is the number if Inventoried = 'TRUE' and price = 0. I tried the sumproduct but keep get...

Just to add my 5c
In article <ee86e23.11@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Shay <> wrote: > I don't know if Mac OS X has 'just' acquired proper RTL support Who are you talking to? I think you must have the wrong news group. -- Note: Please send all responses to the relevant news group. If you must contact me through e-mail, let me know when you send email to this address so that your email doesn't get eaten by my SPAM filter. JR ...

OWA and multiple Exchange Servers
Hi, I'll first sketch my situation: 3 Exchange-servers (exch1,2 and 3), all in the same domain but on differtent locations. Local Domain Name is clientname.local. On one of the servers OWA is configured. Problem: I want all users to use exch1 as their OWA server, regardless of on wich server they actually have their mailbox. It works fine now for users on exch1.clientname.local (wich also has an external DSN entry on the internet (https://companyname.nl/exchange)), but as soon as users that exist on any of the other servers try to log in they get redirect to eg. http://exch2.clientname....

can you count the number of letters (inc spaces) in a single sell
I have a spreedsheet which has 3000 rows. Each cell has a different amount of words in it... ie ABC Learning Centre Ferrymead. Is it possible to count the number of characters (letters) including spaces in each cell??? (please note each cell has a different number of letters in it)... or do I have to do this manually? none of the help options seem to help me... Thanks use the formula =len( -- PF Wannab ----------------------------------------------------------------------- PF Wannabe's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2579 View this thread: ...

Question about clearing out CRM, and re-migrating with Scribe??
We have been testing the migration from Goldmine 6.5 Corporate, into CRM 3.0 using Scribe Insight. Everything is working "ok" but we are having some minor issues. Now we want to completely empty out the CRM databases, and test another migration with Scribe. Is there something special that i need to do for this to happen? I am hoping i dont have to uninstall/reinstall. Thanks Rodney Hi Rodney, What entities did you use Scribe to migrate? What entities did you use in CRM? you might able to clear the data out using a SQL script. Darren Liu Crowe Chizek and Company http://www.cr...

SUMIF Question #9
I used the SUMBYCOLOR option, but it still came back #NAME? maybe I a doing something wrong, but the text is red and the range of cells i A1:A10, so I used the function =SUMBYCOLOR(A1:A10,3,FALSE) and I tried it with spaces betwee commas...do these formulas not work with Excel 2000? Or maybe I a just really confuse -- mksullv ----------------------------------------------------------------------- mksullvn's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1509 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26728 Hi you first have to put t...