OWA Access Problems

Hello all,

I have recently install Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition with Exchange 2003
Enterprise Edition as well.  For the new Exchange installation, everything
went well.

The Active Directory mode for my new 2003 domain is native mode, Exchange is
running in mixed mode.

I have the users from my current Windows 2000 Active Directory domain in
place in the new 2003 A.D. domain.

Here is my issue: in testing OWA (which is running on the Exchange server
itself now, with plans to move OWA to different web servers in the near
future) no matter what I do, I cannot access my mailbox via a web page after
properly entering in my username & password.  First I go to
http://myexchangeserver/exchange and a login box appears.  When I type my
username & password it thinks for a second then gives me back the login
prompt, this time with my machine's name as the domain (i.e.
mylaptop\jknutkowski).  When I set the domain to the proper domain
(mydomain\jknutkowski) it still kicks the login prompt back to my until the
third time when it says "Error Access is Denied."  Here is an example of
when I check the Security Event Log on the Exchange server:

Logon Failure:

Reason: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this
machine

User Name: jknutkowski

Domain: FORTIX

Logon Type: 3

Logon Process: NtLmSsp

Authentication Package: NTLM

Workstation Name: FTXXPP-JJK01

Caller User Name: -

Caller Domain: -

Caller Logon ID: -

Caller Process ID: -

Transited Services: -

Source Network Address: 192.168.150.103

Source Port: 2666

It seems like the Exchange server is not actually using domain
authentication since it seems to be looking at its own local security policy
for authentication.  My personal account is an Enterprise Admin as well.

The Exchange server is a trustes domain server and I am thouroughly
frustrated by trying to get OWA to work and I would greatly appreciate any
suggestions.

Thank you,

Josh

Oops, sorry - for some reason I never actually changed my name from
"news.microsoft.com" to my real name :-)

"news.microsoft.com" <joshknutkowski@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I have recently install Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition with Exchange 2003
> Enterprise Edition as well.  For the new Exchange installation, everything
> went well.
>
> The Active Directory mode for my new 2003 domain is native mode, Exchange
is
> running in mixed mode.
>
> I have the users from my current Windows 2000 Active Directory domain in
> place in the new 2003 A.D. domain.
>
> Here is my issue: in testing OWA (which is running on the Exchange server
> itself now, with plans to move OWA to different web servers in the near
> future) no matter what I do, I cannot access my mailbox via a web page
after
> properly entering in my username & password.  First I go to
> http://myexchangeserver/exchange and a login box appears.  When I type my
> username & password it thinks for a second then gives me back the login
> prompt, this time with my machine's name as the domain (i.e.
> mylaptop\jknutkowski).  When I set the domain to the proper domain
> (mydomain\jknutkowski) it still kicks the login prompt back to my until
the
> third time when it says "Error Access is Denied."  Here is an example of
> when I check the Security Event Log on the Exchange server:
>
> Logon Failure:
>
> Reason: The user has not been granted the requested logon type at this
> machine
>
> User Name: jknutkowski
>
> Domain: FORTIX
>
> Logon Type: 3
>
> Logon Process: NtLmSsp
>
> Authentication Package: NTLM
>
> Workstation Name: FTXXPP-JJK01
>
> Caller User Name: -
>
> Caller Domain: -
>
> Caller Logon ID: -
>
> Caller Process ID: -
>
> Transited Services: -
>
> Source Network Address: 192.168.150.103
>
> Source Port: 2666
>

> It seems like the Exchange server is not actually using domain
> authentication since it seems to be looking at its own local security
policy
> for authentication.  My personal account is an Enterprise Admin as well.
>
> The Exchange server is a trustes domain server and I am thouroughly
> frustrated by trying to get OWA to work and I would greatly appreciate any
> suggestions.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Josh

HTTP Error 401.3
Hi, I hope someone can help me. CRM worked fine for a while, but suddenly everybody, except the CRMAdmin account gets the following error: HTTP Error 401.3 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to an ACL set on the requested resource. The website is runnning on SBS2003 and i created the website myself before installing CRM. The folder where the webdata is stored is :\inetpub\MSCRM IUSR account does have the right permissions.. I cannot find any messages in the IIS website logfile I found some articles about this error, but i do not know where to start because they assume you have the w...

Problem while transferring an Order to an Invoice
Hi, The problem occurred in the workstation; In the SOP screen an Order had been transferred to Invoice. In that situation the system got hanged. When the user logged out and re login again the specified Order had been in the transferred state, but there is no data in the Invoice screen against the transferred order. We can’t make an Order again, since the Item had been already transferred. Is that i need to look in backend tables and update the datas in the table level? Can anyone please suggest how we can able to recover the data for the transferred Order to the specified Invoice? ...

Outlook OM : Method Restrict() has problems with parentheses
I'm trying to filter for a specific name using; olItems.Restrict("[From] = John Doe()"); Notice the parentheses in the string. If the string contains parentheses in it, I get the following exception. An unhandled exception of type 'System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException' occurred in ioemail.dll Additional information: Condition is not valid. How do I get Restrict to work with parentheses? Answer: olItems.Restrict("[From] = 'John Doe()'"); >-----Original Message----- >I'm trying to filter for a specific name using; >olItems.Res...

Problems with reading date/time format from SQL server
Helo! I made a pivot table. I get data from external source - SQL server. On of the columns is date/time type. For some reason unknown to me, Exce doesn't read this dates correctly. Instead of dots between months an days it puts little squares .. ?!? I opened the same file on m coworkers comp. and it works just fine. If anyone has already encountered this and knows how to fix it .. plase reply. thnx j -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com There may be some difficulties getting external data properly into Excel. If not done correctly you cannot use the data in formulae e....

Outlook Web Access attachment problem
We have a program that will generate a .snp file and then email it to whatever recipient it needs to go to. If they receive the email in Outlook it will allow them to open the file properly with the Snapshot viewer. However, if they go to the same email in OWA and try to save the attachment, it attempts to save it as an .mdb file. Why would OWA ignore the original extension and try to give it a different one? "Joe Giddings" <j_nospam_giddings@thehammocksource.com> wrote in news:jI9gd.11726$ta5.6952@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net: > We have a program that will genera...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

URL access
Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? In addition, can you hand search condition? Hello, I searched the SDK for this, but only found out about URL addressable forms. Seems to me like you have to write a custom ASP.NET web application (grid) to write this behavior. Anyone else? Best regards, Merijn van Mourik "a-kun" wrote: > Is URL access possible in a view of "account" in CRM3.0? > In addition, can you hand search condition? ...

With a Query in Access 2007, How can I Create This Query
I need a query that will list all records in table 1 for which there are no auditor records (Table 3). Somehow, I need to use the relationship between tables 2 and 3 to find what's not in table 1. The following query gives me a list of all records that do have auditor records. I'm at a dead end on this one. Query SELECT PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTAuditingTherapist, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTFirstName, PTOTAuditingTherapist.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.TherapistLastName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTFirstName, PTOTNamesTbl.PTOTLastName, AuditDetailInitialEval.Medicare, AuditDet...

Windows Welcome Screen Login Looping Problem
Up until now no startup problems whatsoever with my system. Today, I press the start button and it boots fine to the Windows' Welcome Screen. When I click on my account icon (no password ever entered) it tries to login (I see my desktop for about 4-5 seconds) but it comes back to the same Windows' Welcome Screen after about 5-10 seconds. My significant other also has an account icon and when she tries to login from the welcome screen she can't get pass the screen either and gets the same 5-10 seconds looping problem that happens to me. System specs: Dell Deminsio...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

lotus approach queries VS access queries.
Hi, We are migrationg from approach to access. My basic underastanding of the procedure is that the data has to be migrated and all the other features like forms and reports have to be recreated. Is 'Approach query' different from MS Access query? Can this be assumed to be replaced by Access query? cheers, Nuti ...

Access 2007 combobox will not "Auto expand"
I have a database converted from access 2003 to 2007. Now ALL comboxes will not allow the "autoexpand" functionality. Obviously I set this property to yes (both in the properties window AND programmatically). Most, but not all, of the comboboxes are populated by queries on ODBC coupled MSSQL tables. Again, in 2003, this worked fine. Anybody an idea ? Thanks in advance for any suggestions, Jos --------------= Posted using GrabIt =---------------- ------= Binary Usenet downloading made easy =--------- -= Get GrabIt for free from http://www.shemes.com/ =- ...

odbc connection with access comma is not showing
I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION and Access. When I run the query a number "23" shows up as "2300000". I think the comma is not showing maybe because of setting problem. I do not know how to fix this. In the Navsion database figures are correct. sounds like a ODBC driver problem. Probably due to precision see http://dynamicsuser.net/forums/t/6072.aspx Pieter "Remko Strik" <Remko Strik@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F83F3871-DDCB-44E7-BC50-6CAD87659284@microsoft.com... >I have made a ODBC connection between NAVISION ...

Problems performing a restore to a SAN drive
We recently move our message stores to SAN. I've tried to perform a restore to a recovery storage group on the SAN and am not able to do it. We use Ultrabac as our backup application, but I've tried NTBackup also and am getting the following errors in the App logs: Information Store (3576) Callback function call ErrESECBRestoreGetDestination ended with error 0xC7FE1F42 Database not found. and Failed to find a database to restore to from the Microsoft Active Directory. Storage Group specified on the backup media is e0d4e0af-f91a-490d-9b40-47e27b9fb714. Database speci...

XMLA .NET connection problem
Hi, After install msxml 4.0 and XMLASDK 1.1, i proceed to configure the datasource.xml file, as follow: <DataSource> <DataSourceName>FoodMart 2000</DataSourceName> <DataSourceDescription>Microsoft Analysis Server 2000 on local machine</DataSourceDescription> <URL>http://localhost/xmla/msxisapi.dll</URL> <DataSourceInfo>Provider=MSOLAP.2;Data Source=md001144</DataSourceInfo> <ProviderName>Microsoft XML for Analysis</ProviderName> <ProviderType> <TDP/> <MDP/> <DMP/> </ProviderType>...

Linked Table Manager Doesn't Work in Access 2003
I recently upgraded to Access 2003 and have found that the menu option: Tools/Database Utilities/Linked Table Manager no longer works correctly for re-linking my front end database to the backend. No tables show in the table list. If I click “Select All” and then fill in the path to the backend database I get the following error message: Method ‘List’ of object ‘IfieldListWnd’ failed. As a work around I have to delete all the table links from the front-end and then File/Get External Data/Link Tables. Is anybody else having this problem? Thanks in advance for your help. "...

Access violation in CDaoQueryDef::Open or CSimpleStringT::GetLength(). VC++ 6.0 app compiled in Visual C++ .NET
Hi, I have a problem using DAO in Visual C++ .net Standard edition. We have an old project created in Visual C++ 6.0 Professional. The projects compiles, links ok (with a lot of warnings telling the DAO-classes are deprecated). The compiled program executes ok until I am about to access the database. Some accesses goes ok, but some are not. It is always the same databse accesses that the program crashes on. The database that I'm using is Access 97. I also have tried converting it to 2000 and 2002. In this function the crash occurs in daocore.cpp: void CDaoQueryDef::Open(LPCTSTR lpszName...

Publisher 2003
I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means other than I'm unable to print my calendar. Anyone have any ideas? I get the same message whenever I try to print a card I've created. HELP! -- The computer has been chucked out the picture window and the birds are nesting in it. *sigh* Merrie wrote: > I'm attempting to print a calendar and I keep getting the message, > "Cannot load the printer driver." I have no idea what that means > other than I'm una...

Problems with DATE data type
Hi!!! I've got a little problem with the next macro in Excel. The problem is that I must look for some information in a data bas using as filter a specific day an hour in the year. I get the date and the hour using a form and then the macro calle "Busqueda" receives the value. I've programmed the macro using MSQuery just to see the necessary cod and the problem has appeared when I've tried to include the para called "Dia" in the SQL code. I've tried using " & Dia & " but it doesn't work and I don't know ho to include my param...

Reinstall problem
I have a CRM 1.2 MSDN installation. I ran add/remove programs to un-install. Everything seemed to uninstall just fine. I then ran the installer again to reinstall. I wanted to use the existing database. I select the: "Connect to an existing database" options, click next then select my SQL server from the list. I then get a message: Setup could not find any valid Microsoft CRM databases on the server you have specified. You must select a different server. I know the databases are there. I can see them in enterprise manager. The system was working fine except for ...

access application
what are the applications of Microsoft Access ...

Problem w/ Task Manager
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I am running a laptop with WIndows XP SP3. I am not sure what changed or = happened but my task manager now only shows the processes tab. The tabs = are mising for me to change views as well as the title bar for my task = manager windo and the menu bar i also gone. How can I correct it? Thanks ------=_NextPart_000_0006_01CB4835.4C042E00 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8...

Allow read/write access to a file only from my process
Hello, I have this situation: I need to create a file and alow access (read/write) only from my application process. But I can�t use any kind of CFile::Open flags like CFile::ShareDenyRead because I need to access the file simultaneously from my app, in other words: I want to share the file but only inside my process. The previous situation could seem extrange so I will explain my app deeply: My app hosts a FlashPlayer Activex control and I have the SWF file inside the executable as a resource. As I can't load the SWF file as a stream I need to extract it to a temporary folder, but...

Mac problems opening excel files when connected to two windows shares

An error number : 424 problem
I'm having trouble with an attachment field. On a report I can see the picture and the filename of the selected attachent properly. Now in a SQL UPDATE string that i'm making I always get the error 424 Object required. Here is the line where it happens : 'mySQL = mySQL + ", scan_g = " & prn_du_pied_g.FileName scan_g is a Text field prn_du_pied_g is an attachment All I want to do is to use the filename of the attchment. How do I solve this Thank you for the help -- Eric "ericb" <eric@b.com> wrote in message news:9A...