OWA Access #5

I have exchange server 2003 running.  OWA had been working correctly both
inside and outside of the network.  All of a sudden if using OWA inside of
the network, if I type http://server/exchange it automatically logs me in as
the user I am logged into the nextwork.  Previously it would ask for a user
name and a password.  Is there something that could of gotten changed to
cause this to occur.

Thanks
Jon

0
JonL (4)

"jonl" <jonl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I have exchange server 2003 running.  OWA had been working correctly both
>inside and outside of the network.  All of a sudden if using OWA inside of
>the network, if I type http://server/exchange it automatically logs me in as
>the user I am logged into the nextwork.  Previously it would ask for a user
>name and a password.  Is there something that could of gotten changed to
>cause this to occur.

Sure. Someone turned on the "Integrated Windows Authentication" on the
virtual directory (or directories). If you always want to be prompted
for credentials then use "Basic authentication".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Thanks a lot that did the trick.

Jon

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> "jonl" <jonl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I have exchange server 2003 running.  OWA had been working correctly both
> >inside and outside of the network.  All of a sudden if using OWA inside of
> >the network, if I type http://server/exchange it automatically logs me in as
> >the user I am logged into the nextwork.  Previously it would ask for a user
> >name and a password.  Is there something that could of gotten changed to
> >cause this to occur.
>
> Sure. Someone turned on the "Integrated Windows Authentication" on the
> virtual directory (or directories). If you always want to be prompted
> for credentials then use "Basic authentication".
>
> --
> Rich Matheisen
> MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

JonL (4)

Outlook and OWA calendars not staying in sync
We have several mobile users many of which are now experiencing issues with their calendars. Appointments are added to calendars, through a group of 4-to-5 scheduling staff, for serveral staff. Many staff are on the road and check their calendars through OWA. What's happening is that some of the added appointments are not appearing in the calendar of the OWA client. For instance, an appointment was added for one inividual, along with several others, on April 5th. The appointment was for April 18th. There were other appointments booked for that same date. When the individual reviewed...

OWA (Exchange 2003) Japanese characters not displayed correctly
I am currently running W2K3 with E2K3sp1. I have several Japanese officers in the company that use the Japanese OS and when they are using OWA to check e-mails the japanese characters in the body of the message do not display correctly. When you view the html code the characters are correct. Any ideas? Tom ...

Updating 20k+ rows from Excel to access. vbscript? VBA? SQL?
Any suggestions? Some of these rows only need a few columns updated, and others need all of them updated. If possible if say row 800 column 'S' is filled in the access DB but is blank on the excel spreadsheet, if possible i like to keep the existing data in access and over right it with a blank cell. The spreadsheet is a export of the access DB, changes were made/merged from other spreadsheets so the Unique ID is the same and in column A. A script suggestions to complete this? Thanks :) dim dbe dim db dim ssql set dbe = createobj("dao.dbengine.36") set db = dbe.openda...

Prevent User to grant mailbox access permission
Hi, there, By default, in Outlook user can grant other user access permission to his/her mailbox folder. But, our company doesn't want this. Is there anyway to prevent user to grant access permission to his/her own mailbox and sub- folders? Any input is much appreciated. David ...

Exchange 5.5 MTA Event-ID 290 after site removal
Hi, hopefully someone can help me. We have Exchange 5.5 Org (most SP4) – 1 hub site and 5 spoke sites. In our hub site we have 1 connector server and one mailbox server. Due to Exchange server consolidation, I removed one site (KB324340) – same procedure as I did it three times before - Now I’m getting every 4 hours on the bridgehead server in the hub site the following event-id, which points to the old and removed server/site: MTA Event-ID 290 – NDR,.. A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name)) is being generated for message message. ...

Data Validation problem #5
hi I think that is a different solution entirely - in that example yo gave me it is a simple case of choosing one list and that then sets th range for list 2, however the second set of lists are all individual my requirement is that the validation picks the required items out o just ONE list, whereas in the example you needed to maintain individua lists each of which was dependant on the first selection -- moosife ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moosifer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1590 View this threa...

MS Access to MS excel
When I'm Access�. After a report has been generated (in Word format) I usually merge i with MS Excel and then email it off to our clients. However the forma of some of the fields change when this merge takes place. The date column will be in a date format in Access but when merged wit Excel the date format changes to a text format (what this means is tha the properties of the date column changes when the merge takes place) This change affects how our clients ingest the data I send them Yo can see this by going into one of the date cells in Excel and checkin the properties. I am u...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

Disable OWA 2003
Can i do that? On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:12:58 +0800, "Super" <ss> wrote: >Can i do that? > For everyone? Stop the HTTP virtual server for that server in ESM. Hi andy, Thx, after reboot the server, http virtual server auto start up again, how can disable it which reboot the server? "Andy David - MVP" <adavid@pleasekeepinngcheesebucket.com> ???????:0qhi22pa7l33ojkmgfchs9upr99a8jqanc@4ax.com... > On Tue, 28 Mar 2006 22:12:58 +0800, "Super" <ss> wrote: > >>Can i do that? >> > > > For everyone? > Stop the ...

Landed Cost #5
I am trying to implement Landed cost and when the added cost is added on through the system the it will not take the added cost of landed cost to the account specified by the accrued purchase price account but sending it to the variance purchase price unrealized that is specefied under the actual item. is there any easy answer for this? I would like to update the post in simpler terms it will use the accrued purchases account indicated in Landed cost maintenance but it is not using the account specified by the purchase price variance account specified in landed cost maintenance. It i...

where databases are to be stored in Access
i don't know where databases are to be stored in access, im excited about the search on access in order to be a professional user like others. cheers Microsoft Access uses a single file, with the ".mdb" extension, to store everything. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "darkus" <darkus@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0933B08B-2051-4C0F-B0E7-D644C7E7B606@microsoft.com... > i don't know where ...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

Plugin to read OWA with Outlook
Hello all, I'm in this situation: my firewall does not permit traffic for RPC to connect to a remote exchange server. Remote server cannot be configured to run RPC on port 80 (maybe while is running a webserver on the same port). POP3 and IMAP is not available. Is there an add-ins to get into my outlook email read from OWA? Thanks Stefano As far as I know, no. The best you can do is set a folder home page to the OWA page and use Outlook like a browser but that's really not more helpful than using a regular browser. "Ste" <s.cislaghi@gmail.com> wrote in message n...

GroupShield 4.5
Hi, Can anyone point me to an online 4.5 manual. My network administrator has suggested that attachments which are sent me and are being blocked by GS 4.5 is quite difficult to have a script/permissions written which will allow the attachments to get through. Thanks for any advice. Grant. Hi Grant, I've got the manuals on PDF... I'll e-mail them to you. From what I remember it's very much a case that you either block the file type for all users or you don't... Regards, Chris For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk >-----Original M...

Outlook client bandwidth to remote exch5.5 server
We are using exchange 5.5 and are going to get some clinets access the server through our WAN links. They are going to use outllook 2000 and are going to access the exchange server like if it was local. We have a huge bandwidth pipe to our exchange server but I just want to how much bandwidth would for example 60 clients take if they were accessing exchange 5.5 through the WAN link at the same time. Or for example how much bandwidth would one outllook client take. If you need to know more parameters please let me know. On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:43:54 +0100, "gurvinder.nijjar" <...

Newb question: How did my Form_.... Access Class Objects get crea
I have an access database that originally was created in office 2003 access. I am not in 2007 Access. When I go into the IDE, I can see, under Microsoft Office Access Class Objects, a set of what appears to be modules named: - Form_form abc - Form_form xyz etc Each of these corresponds to an actual form I have created, and includes subroutines like Private Sub RefreshAssetTable() ImportExcel End Sub Private Sub Command4_Click() ImportExcelAssets End Sub by default. Now, my question: How did this class "modules" (and I know that is the wrong term) get created? I &...

What can stop a PC from displaying Access 2000/2003 text & background colours?
Can anyone suggest a reason why a specific Dell Inspiron 9300 laptop should be unable to display any of the text or background colours on an utterly basic test form with only a couple of text boxes and no VBA code on an otherwise empty test database? The problem also happens with an application of mine using Access 2003 runtime - but only on this PC. It runs fine on several other PCs. I have applied every available Windows XP Home update and every available Office 2000 update to no effect. The laptop (set to 32-bit colour) can display digital colour photographs without any problem and ...

Exch 5.5 public folder duplication
We have created a Public folder of type Post. All users can post and read from it. We use it as an items for sale area. Sometimes, however, multiple entries of the same entry appear, sometimes 2, 3 or 4 copies. Anyone know what might be causing this? ...

Unableto access "greater than or equal to" Where is it?
Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a function, so that all the numbers written in a specific area/column (greater than some number but less than another) come out highlighted. Could you please email back regarding how to access this "greater than or equal to" function? Thank you very much. greater than or equal to.......>= less than or equal to............<= -- paul remove nospam for email addy! "ddewdrops522" wrote: > Hi. I'm trying to find on Excel, the thing that allows me to write a > function, so that...

Please explain the steps to use the Dlookup function in Access?
explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07.html -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Balu" <Balu@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00601393-C86C-47BD-9103-52D0FAA292C9@microsoft.com... > explain me the steps to use the dlookup function like how we use in EXCEL ...

Exchange 5.5 standard hit 16gb limit!
Exchange server standard 5.5 hit 16gb limit. seems the admin account used for internet connector service has about 2 million messages in it. Theres only a gb or so left on the drive, I cannot delete that users mailbox. Im guessing because its a logged operation and theres not enough diskspace for the log. I dont have the mailbox cleanup wizard from sp3, what can be done? A defrag of course wont work since it needs 10% additional (still wouldnt cleanup those 2 million messages!). So.. it comes up and a few minutes later goes down again. How else can I get these messages removed with this...

OWA with multiple email addresses
I currently have SBS 2003 w/ Exchange. I have the 2 SMTP domains assigned to the default recipient policy so I can assign the 2nd domain to the people that I choose and remove it from the people that I don't want to have it. Currently, they can log into OWA with their account to check email, but they want to be able to send email from either of the 2 email addresses (just like everyone else in this discussion group). Can I accomplish this by setting up 2 mailboxes for each email address and have them log into OWA using their entire email address as the username? If so, how do I ...

Access 2000... how to import a word document?
I am told Access will allow inport of a Word document by converting the document to Rich Text w/delimiter, then into Access. Does that not work with Access 2000? It depends what you mean by "import a Word document". If you have data in a table in a Word document, convert the table to text, paste the text into a new file, and save it as plain (not rich) text; then import the text file into Access. Alternatively, paste the table into Excel, save in Excel or CSV format, and import the resulting file into Access. Which of these works best depends on just what's in the data. ...