OWA #9

Is it possible to install the OWA server on one machine
and Exchange Server 2003 on another machine.  Is there a
document or a white paper on the web?  Or if you coud tell
me how to set it up?

Thanks in advance
0
anonymous (74722)

"RG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Is it possible to install the OWA server on one machine
>and Exchange Server 2003 on another machine.

If you're using OWA 5.5, yes. Otherwise, no.

You can use a Front-End server, but the "OWA" is part of the
Information Store, not a separate product.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Based on what you are saying, It follows that OWA has to
be published from the internal network of the back to back
DMZ.  Would this be recomended, as far, as security is
concerned? or perhaps there is another way?

0
anonymous (74722)
12/16/2003 4:17:13 AM
"RG" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks for your help.
>
>Based on what you are saying, It follows that OWA has to
>be published from the internal network of the back to back
>DMZ.  Would this be recomended, as far, as security is
>concerned? or perhaps there is another way?

I'm not sure I understand the "back-to-back DMZ" topology.

Does this describe it?

FW = FireWall
ISA = MS Internet Security & Accelleration server
FE = Front-End
BE = Backend

       {--DMZ1--}  {--DMZ2--}  {--LAN--}
  ==>FW-->ISA--->FW-->FE---->FW-->BE

It's not the *most* secure setup 'coz the FE server needs access to
the DC's on the LAN.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Time segments in OWA
I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb controls. I'm close but can't find the time array expression tha generates the 30 minute increments. Can anybody help me with this? Thanks, Brian Techhead <jorgenson.b@gmail.com> wrote: > I need to change the time segments in OWA when creating new > appointments. The default is 30 minutes but I need 20 minutes. I can't > seem to find the right code in the exchsrvr exchweb c...

OWA and Recipient Policy
I am running Exchange 2003 and Server 2003 in a front- end, back-end configuration. We have several users that have multiple email aliases such as a@x.y, b@x.y, etc. These users are successfully accessing their mail through OWA. I changed the Default Policy in the Recipient Policies to add a second SMTP address. When I made this change the OWA access for people with multiple email aliases started failing with an HTTP 404 error. I looked at the IIS logs and OWA is trying to find a mailbox for each of the email aliases. When only one SMTP address is listed in the Recipient Policy OWA do...

Outlook 2002 #9
Hi I am having a problem with my outlook 2002, where it does not allow me to send email. The error message below pops up. However, I am able to receive email. Have any idea how to fix this and what is causing it to fail. Thank you and your help is very much appriciated. Jasmine "The host 'smtp' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Account: 'smtp', Server: 'smtp', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001, Error Number: 0x800CCC0D" You need to use the actual name of the SMTP server that...

Unread Mail not seen in Inbox: OWA
We're running Exchange 2003, and I have user that uses OWA exclusively. He has an issue that sporatically, a message will arrive and won't show up in the Inbox. If he drops down the filter to "Unread Messages" they all show up. He is not running with any rules or filters. Anybody seen this behavior before? I thought maybe it was a refresh issue, but he logs off and shuts down his computer frequently, and it would refresh when he navigated to the page. I also made myself an owner of his mailbox to see if I could see any settings in his Outlook client (using my outlook)...

Exchange 2003 SP2 OWA Error HTTP Error 500.13
We are a small company with only like 150 mailboxes and I got Exchange 2003 SP2 installed on a kick butt server but OWA gives the following error: HTTP Error 500.13 - Server error: Web server is too busy. If I do a iisreset it fixes it for a 1/2 day then breaks again. I have IIS set to use unlimited resources also. Anyone got any ideas? Thanks Download Internet Information Services (IIS) 6.0 Resource Kit Tools http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=56FC92EE-A71A-4C73-B628-ADE629C89499&displaylang=en Run the following command when you receive the busy issue and pos...

Outlook
I have two users on the network that are experiencing the same issue. They get new mail and the numbeer in () shows up by the outlook inbox indicating new mail but you can only see the new mail from OWA. I have setup the profiles on differant computers and the problem follows the profile. I have the same similar problem, only I do not get the number. >-----Original Message----- >I have two users on the network that are experiencing the >same issue. They get new mail and the numbeer in () >shows up by the outlook inbox indicating new mail but you >can only see th...

Lists in GP 9 are empty
Hi! Weird thing happened today. I clicked on my Account List from the financial list and it's empty. If I click on a blank row it opens the account maintenance window. Also below the account list it shows 300 rows are returned. ANy thoughts? -- Marisol Mortera Sounds like a table problem. Make a back-up first and then I would "recompile" and "Update Statistics" on the Account Index and Account Master tables. Then run Check Links on the Account Master. "Marisol" wrote: > Hi! > > Weird thing happened today. I clicked on my Account List...

Field Service for GP 9
Hello, I am installing GP 9 from scratch and can not find the install for the field service module. Normally I would expect to find it under Additional Products, but it is not listed in the version 9 cds. Because of this I am getting an error when I open GP Utilities - "Unable to get extended version information for product 919. Any ideas? Thanks, Greg Field Service is always installed by Default now and isn't listed as a separate module which is why you don't see it. I don't know what 919 is but Field Service is 949. Typo? patrick developer support -- This pos...

printing #9
I would like to print two different pages in only one. Is it possible? Thanks. Al. Not easily. Would be easier to get them printed at a reduced scale and copied on a single sheet. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "ag" <pag64@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message news:cguv8b$1br$1@news-reader3.wanadoo.fr... >I would like to print two different pages in only one. > Is it possible? > Thanks. > Al. > > --- Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). Version: 6.0.745 / Virus Database: 497 - Release D...

Can not see Public Folders in OWA after upgrading Front-End Server
We just performed an in-place upgrade of one of our Exchange front-end servers. Everything was upgraded successfully, but now our users are getting the following error when launching OWA and trying to access their folder list as Public Folders are not showing: Microsoft Internet Explorer / An internal server error occurred. If you click OK, it will let you continue working, but you can not access Public Folders. Has anyone seen this type of issue and if so, how can we correct it? THANKS! ...

Email accounts #9
I have deleted an account in Outlook 2000 - the address is still valid but I down want to download on this computer. However everytime I log on it downloads that address even though there is no account. How do i stop this? How did you delete it? Did you go to Tools, Accounts and remove the account? -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP Author - Special Edition Using Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 "Luther" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:188a801c41b5a$0e549f90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > I have deleted an account in Outlook 2000 - the address > is s...

Sorting in Excel #9
Hi. I already think I know the answer may be no, but... Is there a way in Excel 2003 to sort a column or range by cell / font colour? Cheers. No, next version of Excel can do this, now you need to use a UDF to tag the colorindex in a help column then select both columns and sort on that help column For colour functions see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/colors.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Ciaran McAneny" <Ciaran McAneny@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EEEBF8F9-BE90-4C28-BAA1-692164EF0D55@microsoft.com... > Hi. I already think I know the answer may...

Restoring Information Store w/ Veritas 9.1
I have restored the information store and am getting an error message when using the "isinteg -patch" command. The error is JET_errFileAccessDenied. Has anyone seen this error. Looking on the web I find the error but no instruction to get around it. Thanks, Erin EMcGrath@HCAVendor.com This may help. http://www.petri.co.il/check_exchange_2000_2003_server_databases_integrity.htm "EMcGrath@HCA_NOSPAM_Vendor.com" <EMcGrathHCANOSPAMVendorcom@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:23FEC044-A8C6-412A-8B1C-5FAC1B8CE52F@microsoft.com... >I have restor...

unable to see public folders in OWA
Why cant I see public folders in Exchange OWA , my casie is like this article http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=292019 where I am actually running some folders on 5.5 still , is this the reason why I can see ALL of them ? I dont know if this should be working for all the folders that have been moved or wont work at all if there are a few folders till on 5.5 -J it looked like a public folder replication related. you can create a public folder at Exchange 5.5 and wait a while, then check if it appear at exchange 2000 ESM. if not, it should be the pf replication issue; to troubeshoot t...

OWA access rights, permissions on public folders
Hi Using OWA and Exchange Server 2003, we don't have Outlook on every computers. 1. How can I assign rights to a public folder that I've just created using OWA ?? Is it possible ? 2. I've created a new public calendar, but when I create a new event, I cant invite colleagues because the button is disabled. Any ideas ? 3. I'd like to share some of my private contacts. A solution which is working in Outlook is to copy the contact in a public contact folder, but how can I do using OWA ? Thxs a lot ...

Trying to log into OWA
When I try to login to OWA, my inbox won't come up. It is stuck on loading. I am using IE7. Any idea why? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/ms-outlook/201004/1 This is an Outlook group. OWA is an Exchange application. Ask in an Exchange group. -- Russ Valentine "Shawn76 via OfficeKB.com" <u57604@uwe> wrote in message news:a65f817e43528@uwe... > When I try to login to OWA, my inbox won't come up. It is stuck on > loading. I > am using IE7. > > Any idea why? > > -- > Message p...

OWA Only, no network login
Hello, I have a windows 2000 network. 1 server (windows 2000, sp4), no SBS2000 (isa 2000; exchange 2000) on one server. The network has a few people who need to logon to the network but most of the people only use the e-mail facility. For those users I use Outlook Web Access. I want to deny access to the network for the "owa users" but allow access to owa, ofcourse. I tried to change the "logon to" option in AD but then I get error: -2146893052 (0x80090304) after the login page. Does anyone have a suggestion. Regards Doperwt ...

OWA cache clear
Hi...I realized to close the OWA window by clicking X at the top right corner of the screen is not clearing the session, the next user will gain the access to the previous email box without prompting the authentication screen. Alternative, it should use the "log off" button, however, sometimes it has the same problem plus it has too many clicks as per the users. How if possible to clear the cache for OWA whever the screen closed or when the user logout? Thanks, Fshguo. "too many clicks"? One is too many? The session will time out after a little while. -- Ed Crowley ...

OWA not working after installing SUS
I installed SUS SP1 on Exchange 5.5 SP4 running on Windows 2000 and now OWA doesn't work. I downloaded IIS Lockdown and re-ran it to remove the settings that had been applied but it still won't work. I get the following error: HTTP 500.100 - Internal Server Error - ASP error Internet Information Services Technical Information (for support personnel) a.. Error Type: Microsoft VBScript runtime (0x800A000D) Type mismatch: 'Session' /exchange/USA/lib/session.inc, line 13 I have re-install Exchange SP4. I've also re-installed Windows 2000 SP4 but no change. The IUS...

Owa login page #3
I applied a hotfix to my exchange servers (Exchange 2003 Sp1). Since I installed the hotfix my OWA Login page has changed back to the default. Users don't have to put in the domain name but it asks for domain\username. I was not the one that configred the page. How do I know which server it is pointing to for this page? I made changes according to a doc I found on one of the front-ends which I thought was the one but when going to OWA i get the domain\username still. Thanks, Tyson Well it is either pointing to your FE server or your BE server depending on which one you are acc...

OWA Not working after using IIS Lockdown Tool
Hi there, I ran the IIS Lockdown Tool on our server and after using it Outlook Web Access stopped working! When I tried to login all I could see was a directory listing instead of my Inbox. I subsequently uninstalled the IIS Lockdown Tool which is supposed to rollback all the changes it made, but OWA still isn't working! Please can someone point me in the right direction as to what I should be changing... Thanks in advance, Jason Needapresent.com "Jason" <jasonhick70@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1185378500.971250.34720@l70g2000hse.googlegroups.com... > I ran ...

Exchange 2003 SP2 : OWA SSL problem
Hi, I'm trying to set up OWA. I've created along the default web site two other iis web sites. The first is the "internal" one with windows authentication, the second is the "external" one with forms authentication and visible from the web. In order to secure the logon, I want to setup SSL on the external site. The IIS server is set up to support SSL, but in the exchange system admin, the SSL port textbox is greyed. I was able to set up this port directly in IIS (443), but as soon I changed something in the exchange screens, the port configuration is cleared a...

Can't attach file in OWA
One of my users is unable to attach a file using Outlook Web Access. When he opens a new message and selects the "ATTACHMENTS" tab, he gets an error message saying the body of his message is too large. Any suggestions as to what the problem may be, and how to fix it? I tested his account remotely and was able to send attachments without difficulty, so the problem is local to his laptop. Joann ...

OWA, Emergency! Please
Our 2003 exchange server has been up and running for 2 weeks. The OWA has been working fine. Now all of a sudden, when I go to OWA I receive a page that says: HTTP/1.1 503 Service Unavailable I need help! Make sure all your Exchange services are started. Check your Event Viewer for any errors related to this issue. "eotrue" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:032501c3dd24$5b551690$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Our 2003 exchange server has been up and running for 2 > weeks. The OWA has been working fine. Now > all of a sudden, when I go to OWA I...

Repeated prompting for login and password in OWA
One of my users encounters this problem whenever he tried accessing his outlook mails in OWA. Everytime he tried opening his mail attachment (.doc,.xls, etc) he will get a login prompt which will never accept his outlook login and password. Once he exceeded the specified login tries, he gets lock out of the system. It only seems to happen to his machine but not other machine (we'd tested his id on other pc). Anyone encountered such issue? They are using win 98 SE and IE 5 with 128 bit encrpytion strength. Would appreciate if anyone could help or advise. Thanks Check out a sim...