OWA 5.5 to Exchange 2003 Server - Is this possible?

I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL. This
doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5
against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried
modifying the org, site, and server entries under the
MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get "The
Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled...".

Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but
now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt.

If I can get this piece working I can move onto 2K3 this weekend.

This should get you started
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;327178
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/dnmes2k/html/devwebapps.asp

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/exchange/guides/CustomizingOWALogonPa/720b0cd2-fb9a-4538-ab6f-681353315582.mspx

Chet Carson wrote:

> I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL. This
> doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5
> against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried
> modifying the org, site, and server entries under the
> MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get "The
> Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been disabled...".
>
> Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but
> now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt.
>
> If I can get this piece working I can move onto 2K3 this weekend.

0
kpalagin (1838)
5/7/2005 12:22:07 PM
Thanks for responding Kirill,

You've been help to me in the past. But at the moment I'm not in the
position to be spending time on learning about how to make stylesheets and
templates give my people a default message form with the custom fields they
need to see and I don't see a glimmer of hope to hodgepodge it. Perhaps in
the near future I may need to hire out for that if there's peeps already up
to speed on this.

At the moment I really feel it necessary to get my OWA 5.5 customizations
working against EX2003.

"Chet Carson" <ChetCarson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL.
> This
> doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5
> against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried
> modifying the org, site, and server entries under the
> MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get
> "The
> Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been
> disabled...".
>
> Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but
> now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt.
>
> If I can get this piece working I can move onto 2K3 this weekend.

Yes, you can do this.  Check your values for the 'Enterprise' ( =
Organization name) 'Site' ( = Administrative group name) and 'Server'
registry keys.

Lee.

--
___________________________________

Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
www.leederbyshire.com
___________________________________

0
Lee
5/9/2005 6:24:21 PM
Thanks Lee,

I went ahead and reinstalled EX5.5 with OWA, using the orgname and First
Administration Group as the sitename then changed the server entry in the
registry and now it works. Dunno why it didnt before, but Hallelujah!, it
works now. Thanks for the inspiration to keep plugging at it.

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:

> "Chet Carson" <ChetCarson@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I've customized OWA 5.5 to emulate the custom message form we use in OL.
> > This
> > doenst appear to be as doable in OWA 2003. Is there a way to run OWA 5.5
> > against the EX2003 server? On a clone of the old OWA 5.5 sever I've tried
> > modifying the org, site, and server entries under the
> > MSExchangeWEB\Parameters entries to point to the EX2003 server but I get
> > "The
> > Microsoft Exchange server is down or the HTTP service has been
> > disabled...".
> >
> > Originally I tried it when I tried migrating and I thought it worked, but
> > now I loaded EX2003 from scratch and subsequently it doesnt.
> >
> > If I can get this piece working I can move onto 2K3 this weekend.
>
> Yes, you can do this.  Check your values for the 'Enterprise' ( =
> Organization name) 'Site' ( = Administrative group name) and 'Server'
> registry keys.
>
> Lee.
>
> --
> ___________________________________
>
> Outlook Web Access for PDA and WAP:
> www.leederbyshire.com
> ___________________________________

Help needed with Money 2003 files
Hi there, I've been using money 2003 for years even when upgrading to new PC's as I had the original disk. I've just had to rebuild my hard drive and now cannot find the disk anywhere so cannot install Money. As you cannot now buy Money, I've tried downloading the trial version of Money so that I can access all the account details/balances but it says that they're not compatible with earlier versions of money. Is there anything that I can do to get these files open or have I lost all my records for the last 6 years? I'd really appreciate your assistance. Jayne EggHead...

How do I seperate 1 page into 2 in MS Publisher 2003?
I have created a "Newsletter" for my company in Publisher 2003. It is all 1 page and I would like to seperate it into 2 so that the print break doesnt happen in the middle of text boxes. Also how can I convert the "newsletter" into a printer friendly format. Some people are unable to print it correctly so I would like to send it out as a more printer friendly format. I did try converting it to a PDF but it was then 26mb which is too big to email obviously. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank You WolfMaster <WolfMaster@discussions.microsoft....

CRM and Exchange 10-22-03

What a Crappy Microsoft Money Server
Once again its been a week without any automatic updates. What the Hell is wrong with you Microsoft? What does it take to get I'm tired of your useless server. If Quicken will import my Money files including the history -- I'm gone. Money is absolute crap! Please, oh please, go for it: http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=20355557&loc=105&sp=1. BTW, there was a thread some time back on the converter Quicken now has for M03 files. Check for it at http://groups.google.com. After that, please post these kinds of missives to news:alt.comp.software.financial.quicken. &...

Edge transport Server antiSpam
Hi all, I have recently installed a exchange 07 server for hub transport and most other server funtions, however I also installed an Edge transport server in my dmz. I am using a third party anti spam and anti virus packages. Should the anti spam go on the edge server and the anti virus go on the hub server since the hub server also contains the mail store? Thanks in advance cowen Most anti-spam stuff happens at the transport - the idea being to keep as much spam out of mail stores (and thereby users' mailboxes). Having said that, that's a question best answered by your anti-sp...

OWA #10
I like to know how to use OWA to access/view Outlook forms. Thanks ...

SMTP Service on CRM Server?
Hello Everyone, I'm just looking for a yes/no answer. Is it OK for me to enable the SMTP service on my 2003 CRM Server? I don't see why it would cause any problems but I wanted to poll the group before proceeding. I need SMTP to send automatic emails after a post-callout. Thanks in advance! Regards, -- Mike Parks Georgia Institute of Technology Atlanta, Georgia I had a customer who had the SMTP service running on the CRM server to enable a POP3 connector and I did not see any side effects...so my vote is 'Yes'. C "Razorback" <Razorback@discussions.mic...

Terminal server CRM Outlook Sessions affects CRM desktop outlook
Hi; CRM 4: I have a user who uses Outlook CRM client both on her desktop and on her Terminal Server session (not at the same time). She has a problem in that the CRM toolbar and tracking becoming disabled on the desktop when she has been using CRM Outlook via the terminal server. I have looked at her CRM settings using the Terminal Server CRM client and it has the "use this client for synchronisation tick box" greyed out but with a tick in it. I would have thought that this should not be ticked as it is not the main CRM Outlook tool for the user. Any help greatly appreciated....

Cached Exchange and GAL Problem
I have a windows domain with an Exchange organisation that houses multiple e-mail domains. Each E-mail domain belongs to a different company and has its own GAL. When the users login via terminal services and start Outlook they only see the users within their own company. This is fine, no problem here......Some of these users connect with the same username and password using Outlook 2003 RPC over HTTP that connects to exactly the smae Exchange organisation. When using cached exchange mode and the user clicks on the address book, it displays the entire organisation including information about t...

Outlook and news server details...
Does anyone know where, on-line you can get the details that allow you to read these newsgroup messages in Outlook Express, rather than on the web? Like the "proper" group names and the likes... As always, thanks in advance to use Outlook Express (or any other news client) to read the Microsoft newsgroups, use msnews.microsoft.com as the server name. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http...

Cant open PDF in OWA 2003
Hi, If I receive a PDF attachment from someone on my Exchange 2003 SP2 server I have to save it to the local disk to view it. However, if I receive a PDF attachment from the Internet I am able to view it right insde of the OWA window and don't have to save it to the local disk. Any ideas? Thanks If you're using Adobe Reader v6 or earlier, go to v7.0.9 or v8. We had a similar issue where people could not open a link to a PDF file from Outlook and updating Adobe Reader fixed it. Ray "poguemahone" <poguemahone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ACCC...

Duplicate Mailbox in Outlook 2003 #2
I am running Outlook 2003 on a Windows XP SP2 machine. Outlook is configured to connect to an Exchange 2003 server. Under the "All Mail Folders" in Outlook 2003, it lists my mailbox twice - one with the Outlook Today icon and one with the Personal Folder icon (even though it is not a personal folder). Clicking on either one displays the exact same contents and folders. I tried going into the email account options to see if I can remove the duplicate account but there is only one Exchange account is listed. I am not running Outlook in cached mode. I do have a PPC I sync with...

Exchange connection with RPC over HTTP
Hi, Ive been trying to connect to out uni's exchange server (2003) from off-campus from within outlook, however the dont allow connections through the standard Exchange protocol unless youre on campus. Ive attempted to set up RPC over HTTP however it allows me to connect and verify my username and password but then says the connection to the microsoft exchange server is unavaliable. In addition i can use the activsync protocol to sync my phone with the server but there doesnt seem any other way to access it except OWA. Does anyone know if theres a way to use the activesync protocol to syn...

Installing SBS SP1 after Windows 2003 SP2 ?
Hi, I have a Small Business Server 2003 that has had 'Windows Server 2003 Service Pack 2' installed on it but 'Windows Small Business Server 2003 Service Pack 1' has NOT been installed on it. I found this out by running Best Practices Analyzer in preparation for migrating to Small Business Server 2008. Having SBS SP1 installed is one of the 2008 pre-requisites. Are there any issues with installing SBS SP1 after Window 2003 SP2 ? Regards Michael Shouldn’t be any problem. Just follow the procedures in the following (multi-page) article: How to install ...

Keeping both Office 2003 and 2010
Hi Guys, I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software without removing the old one. Thanks :) Dual Boot operating systems. A.P. wrote: > Hi Guys, > > I have a question. Is it physically possible to use both Office 2003 and > 2010 on one computer. I would like to try the new version of the software > without removing the old one. > > Thanks :) Hi AP, Theoretically yes, but I don't recommend trying it with the 2010 beta. -- Cheers ...

went for microsoft office 2003 to upgrade enterprise office 2007
I just upgrade from ms office 2003 to enterprise office 2007, I made my website in ms office 2003 and try to open in enterprise office 2007, it didn't load my pictures and background. What is the problem? ...

OWA block sender list max?
While using Exchange Server 2003's Outlook Web Access client, if I right-click on a message and select "Add sender to blocked sender list" I get the following error: An error occurred processing your Junk E-mail lists. You are over the size limit on the server. There a few in the list already but not a ton. I have confirmed that this user (or any user for that matter) are anywhere close to the mailbox store size limit. There are send/recieve limits of 200,000 KB but that's waaaaay more than anyone seems to be using. Any ideas, is there just a max with OWA? Thanks, Marc...

Same account, multiple SMTP servers
I have a user that travels between two job sites and his home on a regular basis. He is using Outlook 2002 and is getting tired of having to change the outbound SMTP server all of the time. I have not been able to find any registry entries that record the SMTP server that would allow me to create some registry files he could click before starting Outlook. Is there any provision in Outlook for trying different servers in priority order until one works? Any other ideas for solving this problem? Thanks, Scott Why don't you just set up a different email account for each STMP account? &g...

Outlook 2003 is better than I thought
Is this the latest version? At first I wanted to stay with Eudora but after using this I can understand why Eudora is no longer beign sold in stores. Although it was my first pop3 client, Outlook 2003 is many times better. However I do miss Pure Voice. But most did not use this, and most will not (because of the advent of cell phones). But then again Pure Voice was nice for sending voice mails to overseas people. John -- Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heave...

unable to access OWA
Hi, We have a problem with OWA. We are using OWA for quite a time now and everything worked fine. Until this week, with no apparent reason we are unable to access the OWA-website. When going to the OWA-website, the page seems to load and you see the different buttons come up, but then it says "Loading..." and it stays there for the rest of time. Browsing the different forums and newsgroups haven't helpt us out yet. So any help or hint would be welcome. Config. Windows 2000 server with all service packs, exchange 2000 SP3 and the clients are Windows XP (some with and some with...

[Excel 2003] problem in files with pivottables after install Office Service Pack 3
Hi all. System: Windows XP Pro SP2, Office 2003 Professional + Service Pack 3 I have a problem with some xls files after install office service pack 3. With service pack 2 this files normal open. With service pack 3 after open file displays dialog (my translate from russian) "In workbook ... have contents which can not be read. Try restore contents of workbook ? If you trust source of this workbook, press button YES". If I press "No" - file not opens. If I press "Yes", displays next dialog. This dialog form content a list of corrections in file. Biggest pa...

insert>video option is grayed out in frontpage 2003
the option is grayed out on the menu. Take a look at this article: How to insert a video in FrontPage 2003 http://support.microsoft.com/kb/825508/en-us -- ~ Kathleen Anderson Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Spider Web Woman Designs http://www.spiderwebwoman.com/resources/ Please reply to the newsgroup for the benefit of others "pagewest" wrote: > the option is grayed out on the menu. ...

ARGGG! OWA Problem
We are using Outlook Web Access with Exchange server 5.5 (on a Windows 2000 computer). For some strange reason, I cannot successfully connect anymore. I get either of the following errors. It's either 1) Failed to get inbox Or 2) Failed to connect to the Microsoft Exchange server, <server name> No other users seem to be affected, just me! I have checked permissions through the IIS management console, and I have even re-applied service pack 4 for Exchange 5.5. I can log on to the network and get my mail through Outlook on the desktop with no problem. I'm stumped! Any...

Upgrading 2k to 2003
I have bought a new server which i would like to install and run Exchange 2003. I currently am running Exchange 2k. How can i upgrade, and move all mailboxes, public folders to the new server running Exchange 2k? Also I have some remote users who will need to connect directly to information store as if they were sitting at the home office. In Exchange 2k you could open the RPC on the firewall and make some configuration changes in the registry of the exchange server, to make this happen. Doesnt Exchange 2003 use RPC over HTTP for this? if so how can i make this work for my remote users so ...

Gradual migrate from 5.5 to 2003 on 2000 Server
Can I concurrently run a 5.5 Exchange server and a 2003 Exchange server on a 2000 server AD domain? Currently have: one 2000 AD domain w/100 users w/ two 5.5 exchange servers running on 2000 (member) servers. I would like to add 2003 exchange (temporarily) on either a 2000 (member)server or a new 2003 (member) server and gradually migrate my users to that server. Once all the users are cleared off the old servers, upgrade the old servers to Exchange 2003 and move back the users. A. Is this nuts? B. Can this be done? C. Licensing during migration? Exchange CALs? KenS wrote: > Can I concu...