OWA 2007 Performance issues

I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and really like it.

But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside world.  
Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it is as slow as a 
dog.  So I don't think it is the server that is causing this, but rather my 
bandwith to the outside world.

Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have an idea how much 
bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well?

OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made a mistake 
upgrading.

Thanks.


Jay Becker
0
JayBecker (3)
3/21/2007 2:35:21 PM
exchange.admin 57650 articles. 2 followers. Follow

5 Replies
260 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 45

"Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:03FB961B-9CFB-47F4-A294-081C77DEC1BE@microsoft.com...
> I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and really
like it.
>
> But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside world.
> Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it is as
slow as a
> dog.  So I don't think it is the server that is causing this, but
rather my
> bandwith to the outside world.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have an idea how much
> bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well?
>
> OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made a
mistake
> upgrading.
>
> Thanks.
>
>
> Jay Becker

I think you already know the answer to this, but yes - OWA 2007 will
need more bandwidth than OWA 2003.  It's more complicated (of course),
so the html source is bigger.  It's hard to say how much bandwidth you
need.  It depends on how many OWA users you have, and exactly how slow
your OWA actually is compared to how much faster you would like it to
be.

Lee.

-- 
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________


0
Lee
3/21/2007 4:48:22 PM
Good point Lee.

I have tested OWA internally, watching the network usage, and it never 
appears to spike above 1Mbps.  I have about 600-700kbps upload bandwith from 
my network, so I would expect it to perform externally close to the speed of 
internal, but it is not even close.

Could there be anything that would affect this?  I'm using the same SSL 
internally as externally.  I even tried non-secured OWA, but no improvment.

Thanks for your comments.


Jay

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:

> "Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:03FB961B-9CFB-47F4-A294-081C77DEC1BE@microsoft.com...
> > I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and really
> like it.
> >
> > But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside world.
> > Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it is as
> slow as a
> > dog.  So I don't think it is the server that is causing this, but
> rather my
> > bandwith to the outside world.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have an idea how much
> > bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well?
> >
> > OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made a
> mistake
> > upgrading.
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> >
> > Jay Becker
> 
> I think you already know the answer to this, but yes - OWA 2007 will
> need more bandwidth than OWA 2003.  It's more complicated (of course),
> so the html source is bigger.  It's hard to say how much bandwidth you
> need.  It depends on how many OWA users you have, and exactly how slow
> your OWA actually is compared to how much faster you would like it to
> be.
> 
> Lee.
> 
> -- 
> _______________________________________
> 
> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> www.owapda.com
> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
> _______________________________________
> 
> 
> 
0
JayBecker (3)
3/21/2007 5:57:11 PM
Just how slow is it compared to a LAN connection?  How many seconds
does it take to completely display the Inbox after you log in?  I
would expect anything up to maybe 5 seconds from the Internet.  After
all - the Internet is not a particularly fast platform compared to the
LAN.  Also, you say you have700kbps upload bandwidth, but how are your
users connecting to the Internet?

Lee.

-- 
_______________________________________

Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
www.owapda.com
email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
_______________________________________

"Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:12E50D92-C7DF-42CB-A240-6753D43096A7@microsoft.com...
> Good point Lee.
>
> I have tested OWA internally, watching the network usage, and it
never
> appears to spike above 1Mbps.  I have about 600-700kbps upload
bandwith from
> my network, so I would expect it to perform externally close to the
speed of
> internal, but it is not even close.
>
> Could there be anything that would affect this?  I'm using the same
SSL
> internally as externally.  I even tried non-secured OWA, but no
improvment.
>
> Thanks for your comments.
>
>
> Jay
>
> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > "Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > news:03FB961B-9CFB-47F4-A294-081C77DEC1BE@microsoft.com...
> > > I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and
really
> > like it.
> > >
> > > But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside
world.
> > > Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it is
as
> > slow as a
> > > dog.  So I don't think it is the server that is causing this,
but
> > rather my
> > > bandwith to the outside world.
> > >
> > > Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have an idea how
much
> > > bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well?
> > >
> > > OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made a
> > mistake
> > > upgrading.
> > >
> > > Thanks.
> > >
> > >
> > > Jay Becker
> >
> > I think you already know the answer to this, but yes - OWA 2007
will
> > need more bandwidth than OWA 2003.  It's more complicated (of
course),
> > so the html source is bigger.  It's hard to say how much bandwidth
you
> > need.  It depends on how many OWA users you have, and exactly how
slow
> > your OWA actually is compared to how much faster you would like it
to
> > be.
> >
> > Lee.
> >
> > -- 
> > _______________________________________
> >
> > Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> > www.owapda.com
> > email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
> > _______________________________________
> >
> >
> >


0
Lee
3/23/2007 1:16:27 PM
Hi Lee.

On the Lan, it is virtually instantaneous.  I can log in and within 2-3 
seconds, I have the entire OWA interface up.  If I then go into folders, it 
draws them, in about a second or so.  About as fast as if I was in Outlook on 
a fast machine.

From the outside world, accessing OWA from a T1 connection, as I was saying 
it is extremely slow.  The bottleneck is on my "Exchange Side" and obviously 
not the T1 side.

I guess my question is what else could be affecting this, bandwidth aside?  
I believe I have my SSL setup correctly.  I'm trying to figure out what would 
be different internal vs external, other than bandwidth.

Thanks again.


Jay

"Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:

> Just how slow is it compared to a LAN connection?  How many seconds
> does it take to completely display the Inbox after you log in?  I
> would expect anything up to maybe 5 seconds from the Internet.  After
> all - the Internet is not a particularly fast platform compared to the
> LAN.  Also, you say you have700kbps upload bandwidth, but how are your
> users connecting to the Internet?
> 
> Lee.
> 
> -- 
> _______________________________________
> 
> Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> www.owapda.com
> email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
> _______________________________________
> 
> "Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:12E50D92-C7DF-42CB-A240-6753D43096A7@microsoft.com...
> > Good point Lee.
> >
> > I have tested OWA internally, watching the network usage, and it
> never
> > appears to spike above 1Mbps.  I have about 600-700kbps upload
> bandwith from
> > my network, so I would expect it to perform externally close to the
> speed of
> > internal, but it is not even close.
> >
> > Could there be anything that would affect this?  I'm using the same
> SSL
> > internally as externally.  I even tried non-secured OWA, but no
> improvment.
> >
> > Thanks for your comments.
> >
> >
> > Jay
> >
> > "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
> >
> > > "Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
> > > news:03FB961B-9CFB-47F4-A294-081C77DEC1BE@microsoft.com...
> > > > I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and
> really
> > > like it.
> > > >
> > > > But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside
> world.
> > > > Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it is
> as
> > > slow as a
> > > > dog.  So I don't think it is the server that is causing this,
> but
> > > rather my
> > > > bandwith to the outside world.
> > > >
> > > > Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have an idea how
> much
> > > > bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well?
> > > >
> > > > OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made a
> > > mistake
> > > > upgrading.
> > > >
> > > > Thanks.
> > > >
> > > >
> > > > Jay Becker
> > >
> > > I think you already know the answer to this, but yes - OWA 2007
> will
> > > need more bandwidth than OWA 2003.  It's more complicated (of
> course),
> > > so the html source is bigger.  It's hard to say how much bandwidth
> you
> > > need.  It depends on how many OWA users you have, and exactly how
> slow
> > > your OWA actually is compared to how much faster you would like it
> to
> > > be.
> > >
> > > Lee.
> > >
> > > -- 
> > > _______________________________________
> > >
> > > Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> > > www.owapda.com
> > > email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
> > > _______________________________________
> > >
> > >
> > >
> 
> 
> 
0
JayBecker (3)
3/23/2007 2:04:28 PM
I can't think of anything on the server that would be affected by
coming from the WAN versus the LAN - it's not supposed to care.  Of
course, a WAN user will be going through different hardware (routers,
etc.), so you might have a look at those, to see if any static routes
have been set up that don't work well any more.

How is the performance if an external user goes to the Default Web
Site on the same server?


"Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:B56EB57A-9C1A-4EF4-A59F-7CC1FD23B0A4@microsoft.com...
> Hi Lee.
>
> On the Lan, it is virtually instantaneous.  I can log in and within
2-3
> seconds, I have the entire OWA interface up.  If I then go into
folders, it
> draws them, in about a second or so.  About as fast as if I was in
Outlook on
> a fast machine.
>
> From the outside world, accessing OWA from a T1 connection, as I was
saying
> it is extremely slow.  The bottleneck is on my "Exchange Side" and
obviously
> not the T1 side.
>
> I guess my question is what else could be affecting this, bandwidth
aside?
> I believe I have my SSL setup correctly.  I'm trying to figure out
what would
> be different internal vs external, other than bandwidth.
>
> Thanks again.
>
>
> Jay
>
> "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Just how slow is it compared to a LAN connection?  How many
seconds
> > does it take to completely display the Inbox after you log in?  I
> > would expect anything up to maybe 5 seconds from the Internet.
After
> > all - the Internet is not a particularly fast platform compared to
the
> > LAN.  Also, you say you have700kbps upload bandwidth, but how are
your
> > users connecting to the Internet?
> >
> > Lee.
> >
> > -- 
> > _______________________________________
> >
> > Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> > www.owapda.com
> > email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
> > _______________________________________
> >
> > "Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > news:12E50D92-C7DF-42CB-A240-6753D43096A7@microsoft.com...
> > > Good point Lee.
> > >
> > > I have tested OWA internally, watching the network usage, and it
> > never
> > > appears to spike above 1Mbps.  I have about 600-700kbps upload
> > bandwith from
> > > my network, so I would expect it to perform externally close to
the
> > speed of
> > > internal, but it is not even close.
> > >
> > > Could there be anything that would affect this?  I'm using the
same
> > SSL
> > > internally as externally.  I even tried non-secured OWA, but no
> > improvment.
> > >
> > > Thanks for your comments.
> > >
> > >
> > > Jay
> > >
> > > "Lee Derbyshire [MVP]" wrote:
> > >
> > > > "Jay Becker" <JayBecker@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message
> > > > news:03FB961B-9CFB-47F4-A294-081C77DEC1BE@microsoft.com...
> > > > > I have been using Exchange 07 for a couple of weeks now and
> > really
> > > > like it.
> > > > >
> > > > > But, I'm having performance issues with OWA from the outside
> > world.
> > > > > Internally, OWA is lightining fast, but from the outside, it
is
> > as
> > > > slow as a
> > > > > dog.  So I don't think it is the server that is causing
this,
> > but
> > > > rather my
> > > > > bandwith to the outside world.
> > > > >
> > > > > Has anyone else experienced this?  Does anyone have an idea
how
> > much
> > > > > bandwidth is needed for OWA to perform well?
> > > > >
> > > > > OWA 2003 was much faster than 07 and I'm wondering if I made
a
> > > > mistake
> > > > > upgrading.
> > > > >
> > > > > Thanks.
> > > > >
> > > > >
> > > > > Jay Becker
> > > >
> > > > I think you already know the answer to this, but yes - OWA
2007
> > will
> > > > need more bandwidth than OWA 2003.  It's more complicated (of
> > course),
> > > > so the html source is bigger.  It's hard to say how much
bandwidth
> > you
> > > > need.  It depends on how many OWA users you have, and exactly
how
> > slow
> > > > your OWA actually is compared to how much faster you would
like it
> > to
> > > > be.
> > > >
> > > > Lee.
> > > >
> > > > -- 
> > > > _______________________________________
> > > >
> > > > Outlook Web Access For PDA , OWA For WAP
> > > > www.owapda.com
> > > > email a@t leederbyshire d.0.t c.0.m
> > > > _______________________________________
> > > >
> > > >
> > > >
> >
> >
>


0
Lee
3/23/2007 2:26:33 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Tender Screen Issue
I created a com object that runs when the Tender Begin hook is activated (Hook # 2). As a test I put a simple Msgbox "TENDER BEGIN" in the code. When I press F12 I get the msgbox (which is in the code) but the Tender Screen does not appear. Is there somthing else I need to do. Just as an FYI .. when I do the same thing with the "Tender End" hook it works fine. Any Suggestions. Did you increment the Count value under HKLM\Software\Microsoft\RMS\Store Ops\Hooks? Double-check the settings under the ### key as well. Hi, Yes I updated the Hooks count to 1, then under...

Public Folders on 2nd server through OWA #2
HI I'm reposting it with new information. A client is running two exchange 2000 SP3 servers. One for mailboxes/outlook web access and 2nd sever dedicated for public folders. None of the servers is designated as front end server. Users can access mail through OWA using http://exchange.domain.com fine but when they tries to access public folders on the second server the browser points to http://server2.domain.com/public/foldername which is not accessible from outside. 2nd exchange server hosting pubic folders does have IIS installed and within LAN i can acess public folders on second se...

PASSWORD Issue #3
I cannot get into my Money file. I have been effected by the problem this week. It appears to have wiped out my passwords. After I managed to resolve the NET.PASWORD issue Money 2004 then asked for the file password (it was protected but was never asked for). I can no longer get in as the password I thouhgt it was is not valid. I may have not remembered the password. Now I cannot get my money information. I have tried system restore and a previous back up but they all want the passworrd. I have tried what i think it was but no luck. Can anybody HELP There have been many many posts ...

Reproducable bug with Access 2007 runtime: macro, rename table does not work
Dear all, I have a macro renaming the table X to A. This macro works fine when access 2K3 is installed. With run-time 2007 (and perhaps with Access 2007 also), I don't get any error message and the rename is NOT done. (Run-time allows me to delete and import objects, but not to rename?) The table has no relations. Can someone tell me if there is a patch/workaround for this? Seems to be to be a (severe) bug. Regards, Alain ...

Outlook 2007 takes forever to load graphics in an email
I regret upgrading from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. It takes a very long time to load graphics in emails. It freezes as it loads them too! I did all the appropriate updates to no avail. Any suggestions? How many sites are in IE's Restricted Zone? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Corky D asked: | I regret upgrading from Outlook 2003 to Outlook 2007. It takes a very | long time to load graphics in ema...

Collaborating with 2007 in 2008
> This message is in MIME format. Since your mail reader does not understand this format, some or all of this message may not be legible. --B_3284346887_7515536 Content-type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-transfer-encoding: 8bit I collaborate many times a week, and often many times a day, with colleagues who use Office 2003, and increasingly 2007. I�ve just read that there are ugly compatibility issues between 2008 and 2007. I�m guessing they are going to occur primarily in Excel, because I notice that some of the cooler things don�t seem to be on the Mac side. But...

Blocking text in PPT 2007
Until recently I've used PowerPoint 2002 in XP but recently started using PPT 2007 in Windows 7. Now, when I block text within a colored text box I find it difficult to see (differentiate) the blocked text from the rest because it is shaded so faintly. Is there a way to make the selected text more easily visible? Shaded more distinctly? Thank you, Jeff AFAIK there's no way to change the shading. I've never had a problem with it though which I often did with 2002. -- john ATSIGN PPTAlchemy.co.uk Free PPT Hints, Tips and Tutorials http://www.pptalchemy.co.uk/pow...

Hide/Show sections (or tables) without VBA? Word 2007
In Excel, you can group rows, and by clicking on the corresponding "plus" icon you can show/hide every row in that group. Is there any functionality like that in Word, where a Word table (or range) could be show or hidden without using VBA? Thank you! Keith (1) Select the rows in question and press Ctrl+Shift+H to format them as Hidden text. To redisplay them, press Ctrl+Shift+8 or click the � button to display hidden text and nonprinting characters; select the hidden rows and again press Ctrl+Shift+H to turn off the Hidden formatting. (2) Embed a section of a...

how do I create fields in word 2007 to automatic update in excel?
Each day I create a new document that contains several patient's info which includes history, names, patient numbers, etc. At the end of the month I copy and select only data that I need, which is name, patient numbers, and date (not the entire document) and copy into a new document. How do I create a template that will mark specific text and have it automatically update in a new document? See http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Form_Data.htm Or http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Extract_Document_Data.htm -- Hope this helps, Doug Robbins - Word MVP Please reply only t...

CRM 1.2 to 3.0 upgrade issue
When running the upgrade advisor i receive a "Duplicate SQL Server Service Principle Name" message. I have read through other posts regarding this issue but can't seem to solve the issue. PLEASE HELP!! The following are the servicePrincipleName attibute values for the CRM 1.2 Application/DB server HOST/servername HOST/servername.domain.com MSSQLSvc/servername.domain.com:1433 SMTPSVC/servername SMTPSVC/servername.domain.com There don't appear to be any duplicates in their, am i missing something? Any and all help would be much appreciated Thanks, Jesse ...

Transparent Authentication with OWA 2003 FE
Is it possible to have transparent authentication with OWA 2003 Front-End ? Thank you for your help, Regards, Xavier ...

Performance Experiences
Hi, Just after some feedback re: single server crm 3.0 setup vs dedicated sql/report server & front end. Currently I have an SQL 2005 box w/ Reporting Services containing the metabase + mscrm databases, a separate box for the CRM Website/front-end, then the DC + exchange server on a separate box further to that. We've got a about 20,000 records currently in CRM 3.0. Not large by any means - but we're finding performance for end-users either through the Outlook Client (desktop, not laptop) or through the browser interface is lacking. I know MS have now released the Optimis...

Serialized inventory issue
I have one sku that is set to 'none' for tracking, however, the item class is set up for tracking. I'm not fully sure how this happened, as almost all of our inventory is set up for serial tracking. My issue is that I do not know where to update this to allow tracking of this sku, as the box is shaded out? Any information is greatly appreciated. Chad On Oct 12, 2:12=A0pm, Chad <council...@gmail.com> wrote: > I have one sku that is set to 'none' for tracking, however, the item > class is set up for tracking. =A0I'm not fully sure how this happened, > a...

Activex Windows Media Player control issue
I have a form with an Activex WMP control, and I wish to have the control play a .wma file when a command button is clicked. I want the .wma to be determined based on the currently displayed record (i.e. the record refers to a song, and I want that song to play). If I hard-code the path to the .wma into the Player.URL field, it works fine, but if I try to use a variable (constructed from fields and constants), it does not. I get an error "The file you are attempting to play has an extension (.wma") that does not match the file format. Playing the file may result in unexp...

How do I email tasks to resources in Project 2007
I have just switched from Project 2000 to 2007 standard, how do I email resources with their tasks as in 2000? Pete, If you are using Project 2007 without Project Server I believe the workgroup email feature is not supported. -- Dominic Moss Projectability - Helping People achieve more with Microsoft Project Check the Downloads section on our Website for useful documents on both Project Management and Microsoft Project www.projectability.co.uk Why not subscribe to our monthly newsletter for hints tips and views http://visitor.constantcontact.com/manage/optin/ea?v...

Excel 2007
Does anyone know how I can accomplish the following task? I have a spreadsheet that I need to extract duplicate names and all other items associated with the duplicate names . Example: Case # Claimant 123456 Fred T 78910 Fred Thompson 2345 James 8911 John How would I pull all variations of "FRED" and corresponding case #'s for Fred? -- Thank you, Cheri T Data>Filter Text Filters>Contains Fred F5>Special>Visible cells only. Copy to another sheet or area. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Wed, 18...

Importing Photos in Publisher 2007
I create a empty picture frame and copy and paste a photo into it but it doesn't fit within the picture frame parameters. I end up having to resize the photo everytime and didn't have to do this in an earlier Publisher version. The empty frame will insert the picture proportionally. Insert your picture without the frame and resize it. Earlier versions of Publisher did the same except version 2002, when you inserted the frame in 2002, Windows Explorer would open. If you want the picture to maintain a certain size, create a one cell table, right-click, format, size tab. Type your...

Account does not get locked out when logging into OWA
I am running Exchange 2003 Service Pack 1 using SSL. I have forms based authentication turned on and the change password feature turned on as well. Our domain user account policy is setup so that if there are 3 unsuccessfull login attempts, the account is locked out. This works fine when logging into a domain computer. However, when a user has 3 unsuccessfull login attempts to OWA, there account is not locked out. Is there something I am doing wrong or this feature not available through OWA. I greatly appreciate any help on this subject. Thanks. Derek Ruesch ...

Newbie question: OWA versus Outlook 2002
I have recently configured OWA on Exchange 2003, using SSL and it is working perfectly for the accounts set up on Exchange. My next step was to configure Outlook 2002 (XP), the fat client, to read mail from the same accounts. It also worked, but with one important difference. The mailbox was emptied at the server, so after logging in with OWA, for the same account, that mailbox was deleted of the previous messages. The question is: How do I configure Exchange so that the emailboxes don't get emptied from mail, after a connection with Outlook 2002? Regards /Johan Sounds lik...

backup outlook 2007 configuration and account setting
I have a office/outlook/words..... 2007 32 bit. I downloaded the 64bit version and run it, I had a message indicating that I should remove the 2007 32 bit version then reinstall the office 2010 64 bit. I need to backup/import or follow any procedure that allows me to install the new version without the need to reconfigure everything as I have several accounts, contacts , Notes....... I downloaded the backup tool from MS, first, I can not see whether it backs up account settings , 2nd and whether it backsup everything (different contact folders, different accounts, different calen...

Unable to get Inbox in OWA
Recently I installed a new exchange 2k in an existing site of exchnage 5.5 within the same domain. Then I moved few mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2k server. They worked fine with ms-outlook without making any changes in the client configuration. But those users could not access their mailbox from OWA (exchange 5.5 interface). Both of the exchange servers are working fine for inbound and outbound emails and users having their mailbox in ex5.5 can still access their mailbox through OWA. I will highly appriciate any comments on this. Thanks Exchange 2000 does not work wi...

Converting from 2003 to 2007
I have a complex spreadsheet that has 2 charts in it. I didn't create them as I am not great with charts. However, I have been responsible for updating them for the last year. We converted from 2003 to 2007 today and for some reason the charts are blank. They appear to be there and I can get to the format options, but they are just white... Help. All I did was open the 2003 file with 2007. I opened it from a machine that still has 2003 and the chart looks fine... ...

Save DBF in Excel 2007
XLSX2DBF is an Excel 2007 add-in that helps convert and/or save a native DBF file that was edited with Excel 2007. Two common scenarios are supported: A) Open a native DBF file in Excel 2007 =96 Make changes =96 Save as a native DBF file with the changes. B) Open/create an Excel file that looks like a database (headers/ columns/rows) =96 Save as a native DBF file. http://thexlwiz.blogspot.com/ Gyula ...

Define the size of an Excel Chart (Office 2007)??
Hi All, I'm connecting an Excel File to SQL DB, pulling some data into a Pivot Table, create a Pivot Chart and publish it to an Excel Service in Sharepoint.... everything works fine, but I have a problem defining the size of the chart.... how can I define the size of the chart??? if I "right click" in the Chart area, under "Format Chart Area" I cannot find any property about the size or dimension... how can I do it??? thanks and sorry for the "silly" question... thanks Vit ...

OWA Question #15
Hi, We just implemented a Cisco VOIP solution and are seeing an issue when listening to the voicemails via OWA directly (right click and open). Basically, what we're seeing is that all messages when directly opened via OWA are cut-off after 10 seconds. If the user downloads the mail attachment (.wav file) and listens then everything is fine. Anyone know what may cause the 10 second limit? Thanks, Dan ...