Outside Domain

I was wondeing if it is possible to prevent users from sending email outside
the domain.  I want to turn off the abilty to send email outside of my
company while preserving the ability to send internally. I want to do this as
employees give notice to prevent any malice of sending out confidential
information outside the company.

In news:DCC14854-9943-448D-8B16-7CE1166AF9E3@microsoft.com,
Rommel Epino <RommelEpino@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I was wondeing if it is possible to prevent users from sending email
> outside the domain.  I want to turn off the abilty to send email
> outside of my company while preserving the ability to send
> internally. I want to do this as employees give notice to prevent any
> malice of sending out confidential information outside the company.

E2k/2003? http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/MF009.html

0
lanwench (7567)
10/8/2006 1:53:23 PM
Yes, you can do this.

First, set the CheckConnectorRestrictions regkey -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/829038

Then create a mail-enabled group and add the restricted users to it.

Next add the restriction to the internet SMTP Connector (if you don't have
an SMTP Connector, you'll need to create one for the "*" address space).

"Rommel Epino" <RommelEpino@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondeing if it is possible to prevent users from sending email
>outside
> the domain.  I want to turn off the abilty to send email outside of my
> company while preserving the ability to send internally. I want to do this
> as
> employees give notice to prevent any malice of sending out confidential
> information outside the company.

0
awebb7472 (650)

Blocked domain?
Hi, my wife uses yahoo and for some reason I never get her emails. Anyone have any ideas? I put her on the safe senders list and made sure she and yahoo were not blocked. Thanks, Chas Have you checked your Verizon webmail (especially its Spam folder) to see if the missing messages are there? --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen "Charlie" <cheeze12@verizon.net> wrote in message = news:OCpXckrdKHA.4112@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Hi, my wife uses yahoo and for some reason I never ge...

multiple domains on one server
We receive emails for multiple domains with users that sometime cross those domains. I.E. brad@abc.com and brad@yxz.com, if email is sent to either of the addresses it will go to brad@lmn.com. Is there a way within exchange 2003 to allow the user to pick which account he is sending from. Hopefully this makes sense to everyone. Thanks for your help in advance. A this seems to be a fairly popular solution: http://www.ivasoft.biz/choosefrom.shtml -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "Auddog" <will_k@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:45c8ac14$0$5740$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... ...

Domain Controller Security Policy
Hello I was trying to open both "Domain Controller Security Policy" and "Domain Security Policy", I have the error: "Failed to open the group policy object, you may not have appropriate rights" and in detail section "the parameter is incorrect" I log on as administrator so don't think if it has anything to do with permission and right Thanks everyone TT ...

Move Exchange 5.5 from NT to a new domain
Hi I have to move an Exchange 5.5 server from an NT4 member server in an NT4 domain, to a Windows 2000 member server in a Windows 2003 domain. Upgrading to Exchange 2003 will only happen next year. The servers will have different names as will the domains, obviously. It is a small site with a single Exchange site/server. I would also prefer to change the service account name and password, although I can keep it the same in both sites for now. The amount of duplicate messages is large and therefore I would prefer not to use Exmerge. We have a staging server that I can use (or even two if it mu...

Exchange 2003 on a Domain Controller.
Hi All, I have a WinNT/Ex5.5 to AD 2000/03 and Ex2k3 migration to do. The client is a small company with only about 15 users. The are a network solutions company that needs flexibility so SBS is out of the question. My initial thought was to have 2 Win2k domain controllers/file servers and one Win2k3 member server running Ex2k3. They only have 2 Win2k server licenses and 1 Win2k3 server license. The problem is that they want to be able to use RPC over HTTPs. I understand that requires a 2003 Global Catalogue server. So, my plan of the 2000 DCs doesn't work. My question is:...

553 Sorry, that domain isn't in my list of allowed rcphosts
We have a user that has two company email accounts setup one we are pulling via POP3. He can receive email fine, but when we try to reply we get the above subject error. Can someone help? Thanks! Have you looked through this? http://www.experts- exchange.com/Networking/Email_Groupware/Exchange_Server/Q_2 0752351.html >-----Original Message----- >We have a user that has two company email accounts setup one we are pulling >via POP3. He can receive email fine, but when we try to reply we get the >above subject error. Can someone help? Thanks! > > >. > I...

Exchange2003 Rpc over Https & Windows2000 Domain Controller e Global Catalog
I'm testing a Win2003+Exchange2003 server in my domain. My DC & GC is a win2000 server. My question is, can i use RpcOverHttps if my GC server is a win2000? I was reading this document http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;833401#6 here ther's nothing that let me think that my GC MUST be win2003.....anyway when it says Step 2: Configure your computer to use specific ports for RPC over HTTP for directory services To do this, follow these steps: 1.. Start Registry Editor. Warning If you use Registry Editor incorrectly, you may cause serious problems that m...

Outlook across VPN and domains
I have a user who is temporarily working in my office. we have a vpn to our office in another city. I can ping the exchange server there and resolve it by name, but our AD are completely seaperate. We are actually seperate companies and do not wish to merge our domains. But outlook cannot resolve the name to the exchange server in the other domain. I can ping it, I can connect to it via telnet, but Outlook refuses to resolve it. Are you using cached mode or online? Does it work if you set up a hosts file? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outloo...

Error in creating a mailbox on exchange 5.5 says trust failed between primary and trusted domain
I have Exchange 5.5 setup on Windows 2K in a W2K3 domain. If I try and add a mailbox without a primary account assigned to it I get an Error that says The trust relationship between the primary and trusted domain failed. Now I do have several NT 4.0 domains that have a two-way trust between them and my 2k3 domain. If I create a new account or assign to an existing account I do not get the error. Any Ideas ? Sounds like things are working like they're supposed to. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Darryl Burnette&...

HELP, restrict outgoing email to specific domains
Hi, I have Exchange Server 2000 I need to restrict the outgoing emails to an specific domains, for example. I only want to my Exchange Server 2000 let to send emails to damains like: @hotmail.com, @yahoo.com, etc. If a user try to send to another domain not specified in the configuration the email must will rejected. Thanks a lot for your help. Remenber I have Exchange Server 2000. THANKS.... Oh, I guess you could play around with connectors, restrictions and such, but it may be easier to simply get fancy with your DNS or firewall. On Fri, 18 Mar 2005 08:21:01 -0800, Rafael <Rafael...

Multiple Ranges against one Domain
I used to be able to do this but now I can't seem to find the functionality I would like to plot multiple ranges (y-values) against a single range (x-values) example: Y[1]: 1, .89,.56,.45,.25,.02 Y[2]: 1,.87,.45,.35,.20,.05 .. .. .. Y[n]:1,.82,.83,.32,.04,.04 Plot each Yset against one range (x-set) X[1]: 3.45,3.15,2.56,1.22,.789,.45 I can brute force it: source data-> add series -> select x-data -> select y-data[1]........ but I have 100's of ranges all to plot against the same domain, all against X[1] Thanks in advance If you start with your data arranged a certain way...

Addresslist from another domain
Hi, I have two windows 2003 Active Directory domains DomainA.local and DomainB.local. Both domains contain only one domain controller with Exchange 2003 SP2 installed. I would like to have address lists from both domains to be availabe for Outlook 2003 users in both domains. Could someone please point me into the right direction how to set this up? I've tried setting up a Trust between both domains, installing a Active Directory Connector, and some other options I found on Google, but I'm missing the overall technique. Who can help me out? TIA, Wouter http://pointbridge.com/down...

2000 domain to 2008 migration
Hi all, I need to migrate a 2000 domain to 2008. On one DC2000 I have DNS server with 100 primary zones, 1 active directory integrated zone and 200 users. The system with AD 2000 is oldest and have some problems with hdd(bad's). If I receive errors on migration process, please let me know the another posibilities to move some services from 2000 domain to 2008. 1. I read about DNS server migration. (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/280061) I found HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\DNS\Zones, but I can't find anything about: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHIN...

Exchange 2003 with OWA
Hello, We are running Exchange 2003 Enterprise Edition SP2 and have Outlook Web Access running. We are going to implement a domain-wide password policy so that the passwords change every 90 days. Is there a way for OWA users to receive the prompt to change their password? Thanks. ...

How to clean up a dead DC/Exchange server from the domain?
One of our Win2K server which was playing DC and Excahnge roles crashed and no longer available. I am seeing its name under at least three places: - ADUC - AD Sites and Services - Exchange System Manager I need to clean up everything about this server from the domain, yet I do not believe it is as simple as "find the name, right click on it and select DELETE", could someone please tell me the proper procedure to remove this server from my domain and Exchange System Manager? Any hint will be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any help. Hi Achen, You did not mention if you ...

Exchange 2003 won't send emails to a select few domains #3
Thanks Geo. Unfortunatelly, using a Smart Host does not solve the problem. The problem of not having a reverse DNS lookup seems to still exist. My Email provider confirmed that using their SMTP server does not solve that problem. Unfortunatelly getting a static IP adress from my ISP with a reverse DNS lookup entry is very costly. Is there any other possiblity of getting it working? Stefan >"Geo" wrote: >If your ISP allows you to use their SMTP server for outbound message >delivery, then you can specify a Smart Host on the properties of the SMTP >Virtual Server, Delive...

RMS on a Domain
After successfully setting up a StoreOPts on a XPPro machine we now are ready to switch over to running on a Domain so we can use existing company Sql2000 server. We now get an error running RMS unless we login to domain as a user with admin.privilages. We need to have both Mgr and Cashiers as 'non-admins' logins. I think you can have domain logins that are less than administrator, but the domain account must be added to the admin group on the local machine. HTH, Tom -- Stop fishing for e-mail "NcS" wrote: > After successfully setting up a StoreOPts on a XPPro...

Changing the Database outside of Store Manager
Hi I am trying to find out which tables in the our store we are able to change without breaking the system. I have printed out all the tables in RMS but don't know which ones we can change without something going wrong in the system. We upload supplier deliveries on mass at present but I would like to know if we could mass change descriptions, ass matrix options (Small/Medium/Large/Red/Blue etc etc) outside of the screens we have used in Store Manager. Is there a list and description of all the tables and what can and can't be done with them anywhere. Regards Unfortunately I...

the color on my bar graph is printing outside the line
When I print my bar chart, the color of two of the bars is printing outiside of the bar line. When it is displayed in print preview, it appears correct. Does this also happen on a different printer? - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Tutorials and Custom Solutions Peltier Technical Services, Inc. - http://PeltierTech.com _______ "maryannk7" <maryannk7@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F5C5EFC4-1445-4A29-AEC5-B460C536ACA0@microsoft.com... > When I print my bar chart, the color of two of the bars is printing > outiside > of the bar line...

Exch. Server in Child Domain
Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange server? Sure as they are all in the same Exchange org. Nue "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote in message news:uRS2KYKOGHA.2012@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's > exchange server? > On Thu, 23 Feb 2006 10:26:37 -0800, "Dan Klinge" <Dan.Klinge@NOSPAMJERKArborMed.com> wrote: >Can a Parent Domain's public folders be synched to a child domain's exchange >serve...

Enable SMTP relay for single domain
We're in the process of changing over from Exch5.5 to Exch2003 through a parallel setup, so not migrating any data/mailboxes. I want to put and Exch2003 SMTP box in front of my Exch5.5 to already make use of the intelligent message filtering in Exch2003. This box would simply pass through all valid SMTP mails to my Exch5.5 SMTP server. The box itself will not do any Exchange-like things. So how do I enable a relay in Exchange 2003, only for the @ domains that I would like to receive mail on ? Richard You do not have to do that. Once you install Exchange 2003 into your 5.5 Org...

Computers joining customers domain
I'm doing some exploratory work and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction. I have a client/server product that is sold to a number of customers. The server runs Windows 2003 Std and is in it's own workgroup. There are 2 accounts configured on the server, one is a local admin and the other is a standard user account. The client computers run windows XP and are in the same workgroup and have the same local user accounts. The computers are managed, patched, updated etc by me. The clients connect to a sybase sqlanywhere DB hosted on the server and curr...

MOving CRM to new domain 12-01-03
We are in teh process of changing over to a new domain and need to migrate our CRM server to the new domain. Has anyone done this? Does anyone know if a Tech article or paper on how to do this? Thanks In Advance! Microsoft currently say its not possible as per the article i have pasted below. The only way i can think of doing this is installing a parallel CRM system and have code look at the data and migrate between the two systems by creating new objects on the new CRM system. The data migration framework may help but that may also be dependant on the domain being the same etc ...

Exchange with child domains.
I've read through some posts and don't feel that I've found enough on my question. If I missed it, my apologies for a duplicate post.. We currently have a single domain forest and we are in the process of piloting an exchange migration. We have a business unit (subsidiary) that wants seperation but will use the exchange system for email. What I'm looking for is any issues with having users in child.domain.com whom are using exchange in the domain.com domain. They started with seperate forests and we have broken out of that for several reasons. Most users (90 somethi...

exchange between two domains
Hi.. I have a windows 2000 advanced server domain with sp 4 and exchange 2000 with sp3 my users use windows xp. i made a new child domain like "child.main.com" and i installed the exchange server on the same machine...now using the dial up connection i managed to creat users in active directory and see the address book, my problem is that all users in the child domain can send messages to the users in the main domain but they can't recieve any message from the main domain. can anyone tell me where i went wrong. thanks for your help. samer in main domain user recieve any ND...