Outlook Web Access probs

Hi,

I've installed Exchange 2007 and have setup a couple of email addresses so
far. I'm having problems though in accessing the OWA in that when I go to
the site I'm prompted with a Windows authentication login box and then the
standard Outlook Web Access login page. When I login as each user the page
is blank. However if I login initially as administrator and then as the user
(through the OWA login page) things work ok. This must be a permissions
issue with the account that the website is running under?

Thanks Ed.

Hi Ed,

I have seen your stated issue when trying to access an Exchange 2003 mailbox
using the Exchange 2007 CAS server.

My guess is that you have the CAS role on the same server as the Mailbox
role. There is a known issue that if the CAS and Mailbox role are on the same
server then the CAS will not service Exchange 2003 mailboxes or Exchange 2007
mailboxes using the /Exchange virtual directory.

The only way to fix this is to remove the CAS role from the combo
CAS/Mailbox server and install a separate CAS server.

"Ed" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've installed Exchange 2007 and have setup a couple of email addresses so
> far. I'm having problems though in accessing the OWA in that when I go to
> the site I'm prompted with a Windows authentication login box and then the
> standard Outlook Web Access login page. When I login as each user the page
> is blank. However if I login initially as administrator and then as the user
> (through the OWA login page) things work ok. This must be a permissions
> issue with the account that the website is running under?
>
> Thanks Ed.

0
Mailman (56)
3/10/2007 4:43:00 AM
i to have this problem. except i only have the 1 exchange 2007 server.

my solution is to surf to https://myserver/owa.

I don't see why MS would do this. not every company can afford to buy an 2nd
hardware and 2nd MS license to windows and exchange

"MailMan" wrote:

> Hi Ed,
>
> I have seen your stated issue when trying to access an Exchange 2003 mailbox
> using the Exchange 2007 CAS server.
>
> My guess is that you have the CAS role on the same server as the Mailbox
> role. There is a known issue that if the CAS and Mailbox role are on the same
> server then the CAS will not service Exchange 2003 mailboxes or Exchange 2007
> mailboxes using the /Exchange virtual directory.
>
> The only way to fix this is to remove the CAS role from the combo
> CAS/Mailbox server and install a separate CAS server.
>

> "Ed" wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > I've installed Exchange 2007 and have setup a couple of email addresses so
> > far. I'm having problems though in accessing the OWA in that when I go to
> > the site I'm prompted with a Windows authentication login box and then the
> > standard Outlook Web Access login page. When I login as each user the page
> > is blank. However if I login initially as administrator and then as the user
> > (through the OWA login page) things work ok. This must be a permissions
> > issue with the account that the website is running under?
> >
> > Thanks Ed.

0
pgartner (1)
3/13/2007 11:01:14 PM
Hi,

That seems to work fine- thanks! However whats the difference between the
/Exchange and /OWA directories from a web access point of view?

Thanks.

"pgartner" <pgartner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i to have this problem. except i only have the 1 exchange 2007 server.
>
> my solution is to surf to https://myserver/owa.
>
> I don't see why MS would do this. not every company can afford to buy an
> 2nd
> hardware and 2nd MS license to windows and exchange
>
> "MailMan" wrote:
>
>> Hi Ed,
>>
>> I have seen your stated issue when trying to access an Exchange 2003
>> mailbox
>> using the Exchange 2007 CAS server.
>>
>> My guess is that you have the CAS role on the same server as the Mailbox
>> role. There is a known issue that if the CAS and Mailbox role are on the
>> same
>> server then the CAS will not service Exchange 2003 mailboxes or Exchange
>> 2007
>> mailboxes using the /Exchange virtual directory.
>>
>> The only way to fix this is to remove the CAS role from the combo
>> CAS/Mailbox server and install a separate CAS server.
>>

>> "Ed" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I've installed Exchange 2007 and have setup a couple of email addresses
>> > so
>> > far. I'm having problems though in accessing the OWA in that when I go
>> > the site I'm prompted with a Windows authentication login box and then
>> > the
>> > standard Outlook Web Access login page. When I login as each user the
>> > page
>> > is blank. However if I login initially as administrator and then as the
>> > user
>> > (through the OWA login page) things work ok. This must be a permissions
>> > issue with the account that the website is running under?
>> >
>> > Thanks Ed.

Controlling Access to Contact's History
Is there a way to set a security role up so a user can't delete items from a Contact's History? The user would still need rights to read/ write to the contact record. Go to Settings-->business unit settings-->security roles Choose a role to edit (other than system administrator, you can't change that one). Select the Core Records tab. History, in terms of tasks and appointments, is controlled by the Activity row. History, in terms of notes, is controlled by the Note row. You can set the read and write "pies" seperately from the Delete "pie". Clear th...

how to use the type member in System.Web.Services.Description
hi all, I want to parse the wsdl file . It is ease to parse the parts of wsdl except that the part of types. Because I don't know how to use the System.Web.Services.Description member types . I have searched the MSDN to find answer , but , it tell me very less. So I come here for help. For example, there is a types is defined as follows: - <types> - <s:schema elementFormDefault="qualified" targetNamespace="http://www.webservicex.net"> - <s:element name="GetGeoIP"> - <s:complexType> - <s:sequence> <s:element minOccurs="0...

Synchronise Outlook 2003

Sharing Outlook #2

adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if same as their departm
A procedure was written to update all projects, adds staff to access list to ALL PROJECTS if they are the same as their home department. It would be useful to know if there were a feature to define default projects by a given criteria - i.e. By department. [d]elete accesslest insert accesslest (PACONTNUMBER, PAPROJNUMBER, EMPLOYID, ContractEntry, ContractInquire, ContractReport, ContractReview, ProjectEntry, ProjectInquire, ProjectReport, ProjectReview, ALEntry, ALInquire, ALReport, ALReview, EEEntry, EEInquire, EEReport, EEReview, ELEntry, ELInquire, ELReport, ELReview, FFEnt...

Outlook user profiles

Outlook 2003 cuts off lines

Sending URL in Outlook XP

Outlook Signatures #4

Excel -> Access Import Bizarreness

Importing Outlook 2003 to Win 98 Outlook

Outlook 2003: export accounts settings

How To Access Thru News Server
"The messages are visible if you access the group directly using the news server, rather than via the unreliable web interface. -- David Biddulph" David made above comment earlier. How do you do that please? Thanks in advance for any replies. Saved from a previous post: If you're able (not behind a firewall at work???), you may want to connect directly to the MS newsservers. If you have Outlook Express installed, try clicking on these links (or copy and paste into MSIE). news://msnews.microsoft.com/microsoft.public.excel.setup news://msnews.microsoft...

Outlook 2002 cannot see address book

Outlook/Exchange 2000 connection problem

eConnect to process SOP orders from a web interface
Has anyone here been using eConnect to pump orders into Great Plains? Is this the best way of doing this? We are writing a new web-based order entry module for our sales team (VERY PROPRIETARY so no out of the box solutions will work for us), and I was curious if anyone else had written order entry stuff, and used econnect to populate the orders into GP? How well does this work, and are there any pitfalls to be aware of? Today we are using proprietary stored procedures that a guy wrote who no longer works here. While they work fine, every time we upgrade our Great Plains, I worry t...

Promoting Email to CRM Activity in Outlook
Is there a way to associate an email to two accounts when promoting it to a CRM Activity? Lynn Lynn, if you'd like to link the email to multiple regarding objects, you're out of luck. Only one regarding object can be set, though the email will also be linked to all of the senders/recipients ('activity parties'). Ilana. -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "MattNC" <MattNC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70F78E3C-272A-4515-B393-38700C767B65@microsoft.com... > After you click the &qu...

Outlook 2002
We have a single user who is attaching multiple documents through DOCSOpen to an email message. If he saves this message so he can send it later, it will not send. He just hits the SEND button and nothing happens. According to him , this doesn't happen when he sends an email straight away. Only when it is saved. He has to restart his machine for the email to send. DOes anyone have any ideas? We are running XP with Office XP (2002-SP2) Thank you in advance ...

Hot to Stop Outlook 2007 Forcing Images to Bitmaps
Hello, How can Outlook 2007 be set to not convert images to bitmaps? I've just been upgraded to Office 2007 and am having problems with images in Outlook 2007 emails. In Office 2003 I could do up charts in Excel, then to a [Copy as Picture]|[As shown when printed], followed by a [Paste Special]|[Picture (Enhanced Metafile)] in Outlook emails. This would give me an identical image as the Excel chart pasted into the body of the email so people could see the chart as they read the email without clicking about with attachments. It worked great in 2003 and kept the size of the email...

Outlook 2003 and Vista Business??
When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I copy the link to IE7 theres is no problem. If the mail is HTML coded no problem occurs when I click the link. How come?? -- Regards Peter "Peter Jensen" <fup@snyd.dk> skrev i meddelelsen news:798D10C7-867F-4297-89C3-614510007FE0@microsoft.com... > When I receive an email in plain text with a hyperlink in it a search > function in my Document folder is started when I click the hyperlink? If I > copy the link to I...

Print quote for the client-Outlook
Hi. Some has a master document of example that is used for the functionality to print supply for the client of the client for sales of Outlook? I have a document but when the quotation has several products are damaged. ...