I've been trying to isolate a strange issue with OORPC.

Prior to some recent patching, a user would be able to log on to outlook
over RPC without a workstation being a member of the domain by installing
the relevant certificates and configure and setting up outlook as usual.
Additionally your local cached login ID (say for example, a domain laptop
was offsite and you logged in with cached info) did not seem related to
whether you could log into an outlook over RPC account for a different user
so long as you were using different outlook profiles.

Now it seems that OORPC is only working if the account you are using locally
matches that of the OORPC account you are logging into.

For example. You login to your workstation as domain\joe and you can access
domain\joe mailbox as per usual RPC.

Now if you login to the workstaion as domain\fred with an outlook profile
set for domain\joe and use domain\joe for the password dialog for RPC it
fails with 'directory' being displayed in outlook /rpcdiag.

Has outlook over RPC authentication changed recently?

Paul

No notable change that I have seen (believe me, I would know if
authentication had changed in RPC over HTTPS).

I would investigate group policies changing the acceptable
authentication methods or the local server policies.  That sounds like a
good starting point.

--Jason

--
Jason Miller
MCSA + Messaging, MCSE

"Let's get out of here before one of those things kills Guy!"

MS- Outlook 2000 not responding
Pls My Outlook is hanging repeatedly. how can I resolve this. Does it hang at any particular point (collecting mail, closing, opening, etc)? "BAbajide Fadairo" <pappyjay_5@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:01a601c3aa89$a1870dd0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > Pls My Outlook is hanging repeatedly. > how can I resolve this. ...

Out of Office message in outlook
How do you set this up in outlook mail when you are not using exchange? All the help seems to apply to exchange. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107 "GC" <gcami@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:u5zhpWgvKHA.1964@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > How do you set this up in outlook mail when you are not using exchange? > All the help seems to apply to exchange. > Thank you GC "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message news:%233jqt7gvKHA.812@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/311107 > > &q...

Outlook Web Access Eroor?
This is the message I receive when sending a message from OWA with Exchange 5.5. I can send from the workstation just fine, but as soon as I try from Web Access, I get this error. Any suggestions. > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > To: 'keith@test.com' > Subject: TEST OWA > Sent: 3/10/2005 4:00:28 PM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'keith@test.com' on 3/10/2005 4:00 PM > > The recipient name is not recognized > The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=US;a= ;p=Test &g...

Outlook will not stay open
Outlook 2000 will not stay open when I launch the app. It will open up, download messages, and then close. Any suggestions? Thanks ...

why wont an excel doc open with new msn office
i have just got a new comp with the new microsoft woeks on it, word doc if differant, and a few other things but an excel doc was sent to me an it will not open it ???????? Hi MS Works is a 'light' version of Office, containing a 'light' version of Excel and a 'light' version of Word. You cannot open Excel or Word files with Works. You'll have to get the files saved as .csv or .txt or a Works file to be able to open them with Works. Andy. "peterk4" <peterk4@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:53597904-F529-4E67-BC56-D957C375779...

Disable Outlook Security Check on Add-in
Is there a way to disable the warning message in outlook when an application tries to send mail through exchange? Is this something I can disable on my exchange 5.5 server? I've only found solutions for Exchange 2003? Thanks B-Dog wrote: > Is there a way to disable the warning message in outlook when an > application tries to send mail through exchange? Is this something I > can disable on my exchange 5.5 server? I've only found solutions for > Exchange 2003? Thanks Tis isn't really an Exchange issue - best to post in microsoft.public.outlook. But can you cont...

Outlook 2003/Lotus Notes Issue
Hi All, I have been having this outgoing problem with receiving emails from Lotus Notes. It seems to only be a problem when I got replies from a Lotus Notes system. When I open up the reply, the only think I see in Outlook 2003 is my original message and nothing else. I have tried changing the format to HTML, Rich Text, Text, etc and still get the error. Any ideas? Thanks, FF Are you using Outlook Connector for Domino? "frequent_flyer" <frequent_flyer@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:4044e78c$0$63376$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com... > Hi All, > > I have been...

Personal Folder in Folder List Outlook 2003
Hi, I have a user who uses the folder list to work rather than using the "Mail". Recently, he mentioned about a calendar popping up on this Personal Folder under Folder List in Outlook 2003. He argued that it wasn't there intially, it was only recently. I went to check it on websites and found that it had to be there as a default but when I went to create a new Personal Folder in Outlook 2003, it has nothing it in except "Select Items" and "Search Folders", which proved that he was right. Can anyone please help and advise, how can I remove the C...

Outlook Removing "unsafe" url's
I know the thinking behind Outlook removing all *.exe files and url's from any email that comes in. However, this is really inconvenient when you know who is sending you something, and you can't retrieve it. I know about the renaming of the files to send executable attachments, but what about someone you KNOW sending you a URL that they want you to see? My version of Outlook (XP) removes it and there is no way to retrieve it. I can't find anything in the help sections that speak to adjusting this - I can't believe there is no chance of getting these url's through outloo...

Time/Date stamp in Outlook 2003 msgs.
My friend with 2003 has reported another oddity to me which is that the time & date stamp on her messages seems not to have changed with daylight savings time (i.e. they are 1 hour behind). She says the system clock did automatically change. My question--does Outlook really have anything to do with the time/date stamp or is this just a function of the mail servers involved? TIA. -- ------------------------------------------- Stephen Porter Los Angeles, CA Check calendar options "Stephen Porter" <stp@pobox.com> wrote in message news:MPG.1ae37d24b618934c98969a@m...

Can't Customize "Outlook Today"
I have Outlook 2000 from the Office 2000 Professional software. i can pull up the Outlook Today window, but when I click on "Customize Outlook Today" to the left in the toolbar, nothing happens. I would like to make Outlook my startup page when I first log on the computer as well as change the appearance of my Outlook Today window. This is driving me crazy since I've been able to use this feature on other computers (but not with exactly the same software). Can anyone give me a clue as to how to enable this stupid little button? Thanks. i said the "customize Ou...

Outlook 2003 CRM Toolbar
When we click "New Record" on the CRM Toolbar and choose "New Contact" it takes us to our Contact form in our old Public Contact datasbase in Exchange. How can I globally change this for all our users so in brings up the CRM Contact form. Thanks. The best way to do this is to customize the ISV config file for the Outlook client and add a new button to do this. The button you are referring to can open the CRM contact web form, but you have to change each individual user's setting to do this. If you want to do this, select the CRM > Options menu. On the Syn...

OUtlook, embarrassing high Memory Usage
My exwife had a new computer, new XP, new Office 2007, but after closing outlook, a message 'out of virtual memory' came up. I thought that installing 1 GYG would be OK. But on another computer, with 383 MB ram, it gets worse. Outlook starts reserving 1.5 GYG ram, so windows begins to swap. Closing outlook takes on that laptop nearly 10 minutes! See http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/HA101668651033.aspx#3 - using = Outlook on an underpowered system is a recipe for disaster, especially = with WDS hogging CPU and RAM until indexing is complete. =20 --=81 Milly Staples [MVP -...

Outlook 2003 Font Changes When Replying Plain Text
Outlook 2003 is exhibiting a strange behavior when replying to plain text messages. After clicking the "Reply" button, the message appears in the Arial font. In about two to three minutes, the font suddenly changes to Courier which is the correct font. Why is it taking so long for the font to change? Steve Lockridge steve@websitewarehouse.com ...

Outlook 2003 -receiving multiple copies of messages
The setup. SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL pop box) WinXP Pro OutLook 2003 Clients (All fully service packed up) Situation. I send a message from an external source, be it hotmail or home account or even from another company to say 3 people at our company. john@mycomp.com, jim@mycomp.com, fred@mycomp.com. they all get the same message 3 times. If I try this from within the company they only get the message once. Any ideas would be very welcome. Thanx in advance of any help. John R Giddy_uk wrote: > The setup. > SBS2003 server, mail comes from ISP "CATCH_ALL...

Outlook Settings
Hi, I have configured my Email Account in MS Outlook as POP3 . now daily when i start outlook in POP3 server it shows localhost insted of IP of POP3 server.My username also changes . Anybody pls tell me the solution. I have checked there is no any virus on PC. Regards, Abhi pandeyabhishek2000@yahoo.com (abhishek pandey) wrote: >Hi, > >I have configured my Email Account in MS Outlook as POP3 . now daily >when i start outlook in POP3 server it shows localhost insted of IP of >POP3 server.My username also changes . >Anybody pls tell me the solution. >I have checked there...

Each new window showing up in start bar--want to turn this off
Hi, I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one message open at once. Where is the option to change this? -- Thanks, PTweety "pickytweety" <pickytweety@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:42E83CF7-E369-4CB5-935C-2058FF39D4E7@microsoft.com... > I'm a new user to Outlook. Everytime I open a new email it puts a new item > on my Start bar. Now my Start bar is cluttered because I have more than one > message open at once. Where is the...

Add-in for Outlook in Japanese
I am looking to download and install add-in for MS project 2007 to Sync/work with outlook in Japanese. Hi Bahram, Maybe this will assist: http://www.experts-exchange.com/Software/Office_Productivity/Project_Management/Microsoft_Project/Q_23539763.html "Bahram" wrote: > I am looking to download and install add-in for MS project 2007 to Sync/work > with outlook in Japanese. > Bahram, I believe you will need to have a japanese version of Project Server in order to receive the add in in Japanese Hope that helps -- Marc Soester [MVP] http://www.i-pm...

Serucity Patch and Outlook 2000 Mail Merge
We use Outlook with an Exchange server. Outlook 2000 with latest update and Exchange 5.5SP4 plus updates. We have a contact folder and started a mail merge from Outlook. It works great and we're able to use, add, test, and confirm the fields and formats that we like. We are using it to merge into an email message. Everything works fine. One item we'd like to get around when sending the merge to Outlook it prompts twice at every contact - once asking if we want to allow access to Outlook and to this prompt we can respond allow access for x minutes. This prompt is ok because when mergi...

Spinning off a division into a new company
Our company recently sold off one of our divisions. My supervisor wants us to take one of our stand-alone Exchange servers, move all the mailboxes from that division from the cluster to the stand-alone server, and then break the network connection between the stand-alone Exchagne server and the rest of the Exchange environment. As a part of this, a similar thing will be done with AD. 2 weeks later, this "child" domain will be migrated into the new company AD/Exchange structure. My question is whether this will work. I would prefer to set up a new domain and just migrate t...

New Machines get Kerberos Error on CRM
I just added 2 new desktops, applied updates as needed and appropriate applications to the systems. When I try to launch crm http://example:5555 or through http://example.example.com:5555 I get an error 401.1 These are not new users to the domain, and the users of these systems can logon to CRM from other machines. In the App log they get a Kerberos error. Any ideas, please advise the users are quite tired of their old slow machines and are excited about using the new ones... TIA Bill Watters Kerberos can be tricky however I had this issue on a client site 2 weeks ago ie any workstati...

Re: Uninstall of Office v.X and install of new licensed program
On 9/15/03 10:10 AM, in article 35c101c37bac$4ae04930$a501280a@phx.gbl, "Ryan Smith" <rsmith@thesportscenter.net> wrote: > I recently purchased new licenses of Office v.X so I could connect my > computers to a network and use Office on multiple computers at the > same time. I attempted to uninstall the version I had before on each of > the multiple computers and install the new seperate versions with a > unique license number on each computer. Now, no matter what > computer I'm on and whether the network is active or not, none of my > programs will i...

outlook, 2000
How do i setup for multiple identities, (4 e-mail addresses)in outlook 2000.? http://www.slipstick.com/exs/olroam.htm is a good place to start. Also, have a look at this page as well prior to getting to the profiles: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/choosingmode.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the Swen virus, all e-mails sent to my actual account will be deleted w/out reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer ladyjt <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do i setup for mu...

IE shouldn't open new windows on every link clicked.
Whenever I click a link in Outlook, IE causes a new window to open every single time. This happens even if the link is to the same website. For example, I click a link to an item listed on Ebay. A new window is opened. Then I may click on another link to Ebay for an item, even in the same email, and another window opens. Before when I was using Outlook Express, a new window did not open when I clicked additional links in the same piece of email. It simply used the same window to move me to another item on the same website. Is there a way to prevent all these extra windows from op...

Outlook Security Settings.
Hi. Have a user that is complaining about picuters that is not visable. It appears as red X. How can the user see the pictures? The user is running Outlook2003 wtih all updates. Thank you in advance. Assuming he has downloaded content enabled, see http://www.slipstick.com/problems/redx.asp. To enable download content, right click on the red x and choose the option to download content. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-reque...