Outlook Mailboxes Slow on Exchange 2003 Server

We have recently upgraded to Exchange 2003 server on a Cluster environment,
running Windows 2003 Cluster Servers.  We did have Exchange 2000 working
fine, just wanted some of the new features of Exchange 2003.  Once we did
the upgrades with no real problems.  We have started to notice that various
mailboxes will run slow periodically.  It is moving throughout the server
and it isn't always the same mailboxes.  They run extremely slow.  We have
run a defrag on the Information Store and run the nightly routines before
our backups.  The Backups do not appear to be running during the slow
periods.  We are having the problem with Office XP, 2000 and 2003 so it
doesn't appear to be an Office issue since it is happening with all 3
versions.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Jeff

0
jdiaz (16)

outlook.exe not terminating
I'm running Office XP with Outlook 2002 under Windows XP Pro, current as of today, except that I have reverted the IE update to the previous version of mshtml.dll that scrolls correctly (this has had no effect on the problem I am about to describe). I typically have a lot of applications running - no big deal as I have a 3.04 P4 with 1GB of memory. A problem that happens several times a day is that outlook.exe remains in the Task Manager process list after I shut Outlook down. In older versions, there used to be a message that said "Please wait while Outlook shuts down&qu...

Public Folder server
Hi, I have 2 different servers as follows : Server1 = Mailbox server Server2 = Public Folder server (only has one PF store) My query: What should be the value for HomeMDB attribute when i click on ADSI edit and navigate till ...>Server Name > System Attendant's properties on Server2? Right now the value for HomeMDB of System Attendent on Server2 is showing "Not Set". Should it be pointing to Server1? Pls guide. thanks Are you having problems with the way it's configured? -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!"...

Outlook needs Outlook Express to work

Outlook 2003 keeps crashing #2

Password Issue with MS Money 2003

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"