Outlook delegate-mailbox deletion problem - need ideas...

This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet.
Here's scenario...
User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being
copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000).  All
was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently
archived and deleted.  Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees
accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing
inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox.  The typical answer
would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User
A..  The problem is, User A no longer shows up in delegates (it used
to) and therefore cannot be removed.  This problem existed before
recent Exchange 55 to 2003 migration and sice moving his mailbox, I
have tried ldap tools to find and remove the attribute causing this
problem but have been unsuccessful finding where Outlook buried this
hidden inbox rule.  I have run into this problem 3 or 4 times in the
past and only recourse has been to export mailbox, blow away mailbox
and recreate/import it.  This seems like a drastic measure for what
would seemingly seem to be a simple solution.  I have one user
currently experiencing this problem that is being a pain in the ass
about having to reset his rules and such and wants me to come up with
a better solution.  Any real solution out there to this annoying
problem?  Considering this is not the first time I've run into this
issue, I'm sure I'll see it again.  Any help is welcome.  Thanks in
advance!
0
yez (1)

Assuming that B has no Outlook rules or recipients that he is
forwarding mail to -  ( delivery option tab for that user in the
ADUC), try starting Outlook with the /cleanrules switch.
Caveat: Be sure to back up any rules the user may have and I believe
this switch only works with Outlook 2003.

On Sat, 29 Jan 2005 19:45:50 GMT, yez <yez@bool.net> wrote:

>This sounds like an easy one however, haven't found resolution yet.
>Here's scenario...
>User B reported to User A and added A to his delegation for being
>copied on all meeting request replies (done from Outlook 2000).  All
>was well until User A left the company and mailbox was subsequently
>archived and deleted.  Ever since the mailbox deletion, all attendees
>accepting a meeting request from User B receive an NDR referencing
>inability to deliver reply to User A's mailbox.  The typical answer
>would be to open User B's Outlook app, goto delegates and remove User
>A..  The problem is, User A no longer shows up in delegates (it used
>to) and therefore cannot be removed.  This problem existed before
>recent Exchange 55 to 2003 migration and sice moving his mailbox, I
>have tried ldap tools to find and remove the attribute causing this
>problem but have been unsuccessful finding where Outlook buried this
>hidden inbox rule.  I have run into this problem 3 or 4 times in the
>past and only recourse has been to export mailbox, blow away mailbox
>and recreate/import it.  This seems like a drastic measure for what
>would seemingly seem to be a simple solution.  I have one user
>currently experiencing this problem that is being a pain in the ass
>about having to reset his rules and such and wants me to come up with
>a better solution.  Any real solution out there to this annoying
>problem?  Considering this is not the first time I've run into this
>issue, I'm sure I'll see it again.  Any help is welcome.  Thanks in
>advance!

0
adavid (8731)

Problem automating page in IE 8
Hi, I am using the following code to open a page to sign in to MyMsn and it does not work in the same way as other secure sites do. I don't know if Microsoft does something different(big grin here), but the code, which I believe I got from Karl Peterson, shows 22 objects on the document, but does not print anything for the obj type, obj name or obj value. Passing the document to a timer to run HTML links does not show the sign in boxes at all either. Is there another way to see the items on this page and pass the email address and password to them? Code: Private Su...

Outlook Sales

New to excel

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Unable to delete empty database

Banking Services Update Problem #2
I have successfully completed all of the steps as provided for in the update instructions. Initially updates were received as usual. However, now all of the accounts that were disabled and set-up again are failing to update. Message received is "Update unsuccessful" and call summary message is "Microsoft Money could not update your account. Please try to update your account again." Also after updating, the accounts that were updated never displayed a password text box. I went through the disable and set-up process again and still no password text box on the upd...

Need Help, Task Start Date is wrong

Question -Problem

AD Sync problem

WCF Client serialization problem

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Excel button problem

Windows XP x64 MFC application problem
I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this probem? >I can't start my application on Windows XP Prof. 64-bit wersion, there is >messagebox "Failed to create empty document". Application works fine on >Windows 2000 SP4 and Windows XP Prof. SP2. What can I do to solove this >probem? The obvious response is - try debugging it on that platform and find where it's giving rise ...

I need a macro

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Problem with Range