Outlook client cannot contact exchange 2000

Hello All,

I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server to a
static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope.
After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I do a
"check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network
wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it down to
anything specific.

Any ideas are appreciated.

Thanks,

Peretz Stern

Hi,
  try stop and staring the information store service in
your exchange server.

 Previously all your clients were configured to use
exchange server through its old internet ip address, so
now when you open outlook it is looking for the same old
ip address, so what you do is, you need to reconfigure all
outlook clients to use the new private ip address which
you have assigned to your exchange server.

here is the procedure.. right click on outlook- click
properties- hilight the profile name- click properties-now
on microsoft exchange server give the private ip address
of your exchange server- apply- ok. same procedure to all
clients.

Thanks
zia

0
anonymous (74722)
2/23/2004 8:03:32 AM
I changed nothing. everything worked until the IP change. the client can
resolve the server. So does check name.

Thanks

"lukebrennan" <lukebrennan@iinet.net.au> wrote in message
> > I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server
to a
> > static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope.
> > After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I
do a
> > "check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network
> > wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it
down to
> > anything specific.
>
> Is this only affecting Outlook clients?
> Does it happen with MAPI only? IMAP? POP?
> Can you ping the server by name and number?
>  From the client? From the DC?
> Does this only occur with existing profiles?
> Does a new profile experience the problem?
> Have you bounced the server?
>
> Luke

> I have an Exchange 2000 box that had a public IP. I changed the server to a
> static private IP. I set the client to a DHCP address on the same scope.
> After a reboot the outlook program cannot seem to find the server. If I do a
> "check name" it will resolve but will not connect. This issue is network
> wide; every machine is having the same issue. I can't seem to pin it down to
> anything specific.

Is this only affecting Outlook clients?
Does it happen with MAPI only? IMAP? POP?
Can you ping the server by name and number?
 From the client? From the DC?
Does this only occur with existing profiles?
Does a new profile experience the problem?
Have you bounced the server?

Luke

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

WCF Client serialization problem

NDRs forwarding to external contact

Attaching Contacts to new email

Outlook Sales

Voice connector on Exchange server 2007.

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Contacts in Exchange #2

Filters not working in Exchange 2003

using the journal on outlook

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails