Outlook Address Book not updating.

We run Exchange 2003 SP2 and have Outlook 2000 and 2003 users.  The Outlook
2003 users that run in cached mode don't get an updated version of the OAB.
If they are turned onto non cached mode they are fine.  If we then turn them
back to cached mode it uses and old OAB.  I have tried to do a send and
receive > download address book, but it doesn't update.  I also renamed the
the udetails.OAB file and it then downloaded this old OAB.  I checked the
server and it updates the OAB at 4am veryday.  I can't even see anything in
the Excahnge event log to say the OAB is been done.
0
SW (184)

On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:32:02 -0700, SW <SW@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>We run Exchange 2003 SP2 and have Outlook 2000 and 2003 users.  The Outlook
>2003 users that run in cached mode don't get an updated version of the OAB.
>If they are turned onto non cached mode they are fine.  If we then turn them
>back to cached mode it uses and old OAB.  I have tried to do a send and
>receive > download address book, but it doesn't update.  I also renamed the
>the udetails.OAB file and it then downloaded this old OAB.  I checked the
>server and it updates the OAB at 4am veryday.  I can't even see anything in
>the Excahnge event log to say the OAB is been done.

But if you checked the non chached component of this and it's all ok,
surely the problem resides on the client?

0
mark7219 (5666)
4/10/2006 8:14:14 PM
If cached is on - it's not updating if it's off then all is fine.  Surely
it's the server if all clients are doing this that run in cached mode?  As I
said I deleted the udetails.OAB file locally on my PC and forced an update
and it dowloaded an OAB that's about a month old, where does it get this OAB
from, surely the server?

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:32:02 -0700, SW <SW@discussions.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
> >We run Exchange 2003 SP2 and have Outlook 2000 and 2003 users.  The Outlook
> >2003 users that run in cached mode don't get an updated version of the OAB.
> >If they are turned onto non cached mode they are fine.  If we then turn them
> >back to cached mode it uses and old OAB.  I have tried to do a send and
> >receive > download address book, but it doesn't update.  I also renamed the
> >the udetails.OAB file and it then downloaded this old OAB.  I checked the
> >server and it updates the OAB at 4am veryday.  I can't even see anything in
> >the Excahnge event log to say the OAB is been done.
>
> But if you checked the non chached component of this and it's all ok,
> surely the problem resides on the client?

0
SW (184)
4/10/2006 8:55:02 PM
Do you get any errors when downloading the OAB? What about when you attempt
a rebuild. Any event log entries that might be associated with this problem?

Nue
"SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If cached is on - it's not updating if it's off then all is fine.  Surely
> it's the server if all clients are doing this that run in cached mode?  As
> said I deleted the udetails.OAB file locally on my PC and forced an update
> and it dowloaded an OAB that's about a month old, where does it get this
> OAB
> from, surely the server?
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 10 Apr 2006 12:32:02 -0700, SW <SW@discussions.microsoft.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >We run Exchange 2003 SP2 and have Outlook 2000 and 2003 users.  The
>> >Outlook
>> >2003 users that run in cached mode don't get an updated version of the
>> >OAB.
>> >If they are turned onto non cached mode they are fine.  If we then turn
>> >them
>> >back to cached mode it uses and old OAB.  I have tried to do a send and
>> >receive > download address book, but it doesn't update.  I also renamed
>> >the
>> >the udetails.OAB file and it then downloaded this old OAB.  I checked
>> >the
>> >server and it updates the OAB at 4am veryday.  I can't even see anything
>> >in
>> >the Excahnge event log to say the OAB is been done.
>>
>> But if you checked the non chached component of this and it's all ok,
>> surely the problem resides on the client?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/11/2006 12:25:27 AM
Just tried a rebuild on the exchange server and get this event id error:

Source: MSExchangeSA
Event ID: 9300
Failed to generate offline Address Book, error '80072020'

hope you can help

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Do you get any errors when downloading the OAB? What about when you attempt
> a rebuild. Any event log entries that might be associated with this problem?
>
> Nue
> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If cached is on - it's not updating if it's off then all is fine.  Surely
> > it's the server if all clients are doing this that run in cached mode?  As
> > said I deleted the udetails.OAB file locally on my PC and forced an update
> > and it dowloaded an OAB that's about a month old, where does it get this
> > OAB
> > from, surely the server?
> >
> > "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> >> But if you checked the non chached component of this and it's all ok,
> >> surely the problem resides on the client?

0
SW (184)
4/11/2006 7:34:03 AM
In ESM check that the offline address server is valid and that the address
list is correct.

> Just tried a rebuild on the exchange server and get this event id error:
>
> Source: MSExchangeSA
> Event ID: 9300
> Failed to generate offline Address Book, error '80072020'
>

> hope you can help
>

> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> Do you get any errors when downloading the OAB? What about when you
>> attempt
>> a rebuild. Any event log entries that might be associated with this
>> problem?
>>
>> Nue
>> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If cached is on - it's not updating if it's off then all is fine.
>> > Surely
>> > it's the server if all clients are doing this that run in cached mode?
>> > As
>> > said I deleted the udetails.OAB file locally on my PC and forced an
>> > update
>> > and it dowloaded an OAB that's about a month old, where does it get
>> > this
>> > OAB
>> > from, surely the server?

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/11/2006 1:14:16 PM
-The offline address server is valid and address too, I did just delete and
readd, but still no luck.  Also get a Event ID 9300 address book failed to be
generate.

"Nuevo" wrote:

> In ESM check that the offline address server is valid and that the address
> list is correct.
>
> Nue
> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Just tried a rebuild on the exchange server and get this event id error:
> >
> > Source: MSExchangeSA
> > Event ID: 9300
> > Failed to generate offline Address Book, error '80072020'
> >

> > hope you can help
> >

> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> Do you get any errors when downloading the OAB? What about when you
> >> attempt
> >> a rebuild. Any event log entries that might be associated with this
> >> problem?
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
SW (184)
4/11/2006 6:09:01 PM
Turn up diagnostic logging on OALGenerator and then rebuild see if you get
new information in the event logs.

> -The offline address server is valid and address too, I did just delete
> and
> readd, but still no luck.  Also get a Event ID 9300 address book failed to
> be
> generate.
>
> "Nuevo" wrote:
>
>> In ESM check that the offline address server is valid and that the
>> address
>> list is correct.
>>
>> Nue
>> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Just tried a rebuild on the exchange server and get this event id
>> > error:
>> >
>> > Source: MSExchangeSA
>> > Event ID: 9300
>> > Failed to generate offline Address Book, error '80072020'
>> >

>> > hope you can help

0
imaneophyte (3004)
4/11/2006 10:29:39 PM
I set it to Max and it still only generates Event ID 9300: Failed to generate

"Nuevo" wrote:

> Turn up diagnostic logging on OALGenerator and then rebuild see if you get
> new information in the event logs.
>
> Nue
> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > -The offline address server is valid and address too, I did just delete
> > and
> > readd, but still no luck.  Also get a Event ID 9300 address book failed to
> > be
> > generate.
> >
> > "Nuevo" wrote:
> >
> >> In ESM check that the offline address server is valid and that the
> >> address
> >> list is correct.
> >>
> >> Nue
> >> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
SW (184)

invalid email address

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

Outlook Sales

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

Outlook Recall Msg Process

Does Outlook use the DAV protocol?

CRM and Outlook Integration 07-22-03

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Security Updates-Uninstall
I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security updates? We ran the latest security updates for our servers and now most of our applications won't run properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we back these down? Cheers. Control Panel -> Add remove programs ??? "Geoff" wrote: > I was wondering if anyone knows how to backdown security > updates? We ran the latest security updates for our > servers and now most of our applications won't run > properly. Has anyone had this experience before? Can we > back these down? > ...

outlook 2007 e-mail