Outlook 2003 on Windows 2003: RPC over HTTP?

Hi!
We deployed Exchange 2003 based on Windows 2003 AD. Our Windows XP user can
access Exchange Server by using RPC over HTTP without any problem.

We have Windows 2003 on which we installed Outlook
2003 with SP1. Our users will use RPC over HTTP from this client also.
Unfortunately they cannot connect from this computer to Exchnage by using RPC
over HTTP. They have no problem with OWA connections.

Is there any restrictions if a Windows 2003 Server is deployed as Outlook
2003 client?  Can we use Outlook 2003 on Windows 2003 Server for RPC over
HTTP
connections? How can we fix this problem?

Best Regards
Mustafa

0
mustafa (157)

On Mon, 23 May 2005 00:23:04 -0700, "mustafa"
<mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Hi!
>We deployed Exchange 2003 based on Windows 2003 AD. Our Windows XP user can
>access Exchange Server by using RPC over HTTP without any problem.
>
>We have Windows 2003 on which we installed Outlook
>2003 with SP1. Our users will use RPC over HTTP from this client also.
>Unfortunately they cannot connect from this computer to Exchnage by using RPC
>over HTTP. They have no problem with OWA connections.
>
>Is there any restrictions if a Windows 2003 Server is deployed as Outlook
>2003 client?  Can we use Outlook 2003 on Windows 2003 Server for RPC over
>HTTP
>connections? How can we fix this problem?
>
>Best Regards
>Mustafa

You can only Use Outlook 2003 with RPC over HTTPS on Windows XP Pro
SP2, it's not available on W2K3.
0
mark7219 (5666)
5/23/2005 8:18:09 AM
Sorry but its not correct. RPC over HTTP works well on Windows Servert 2003.
Maybe you must use some other settings. Try to provide the principal name
for proxy server in the outlook exchange proxy settings in that form:

msstd:exchangednsname.domain.com

Best Regards,
Bernd
dotnetpower Internet Services

Do you provide

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:

> On Mon, 23 May 2005 00:23:04 -0700, "mustafa"
> <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >Hi!
> >We deployed Exchange 2003 based on Windows 2003 AD. Our Windows XP user can
> >access Exchange Server by using RPC over HTTP without any problem.
> >
> >We have Windows 2003 on which we installed Outlook
> >2003 with SP1. Our users will use RPC over HTTP from this client also.
> >Unfortunately they cannot connect from this computer to Exchnage by using RPC
> >over HTTP. They have no problem with OWA connections.
> >
> >Is there any restrictions if a Windows 2003 Server is deployed as Outlook
> >2003 client?  Can we use Outlook 2003 on Windows 2003 Server for RPC over
> >HTTP
> >connections? How can we fix this problem?
> >
> >Best Regards
> >Mustafa
>
> You can only Use Outlook 2003 with RPC over HTTPS on Windows XP Pro
> SP2, it's not available on W2K3.

0
Bernd (10)
5/23/2005 1:18:03 PM
Hi Bernd,
we used correct proxy settings on W2K3. All other settings are also correct.
Must we use perhaps any registry key on W2K3 client?

Best Regards
Mustafa

"Bernd" schrieb:

> Sorry but its not correct. RPC over HTTP works well on Windows Servert 2003.
> Maybe you must use some other settings. Try to provide the principal name
> for proxy server in the outlook exchange proxy settings in that form:
>
> msstd:exchangednsname.domain.com
>
> Best Regards,
> Bernd
> dotnetpower Internet Services
>
> Do you provide
>
> "Mark Arnold [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 23 May 2005 00:23:04 -0700, "mustafa"
> > <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >
> > >Hi!
> > >We deployed Exchange 2003 based on Windows 2003 AD. Our Windows XP user can
> > >access Exchange Server by using RPC over HTTP without any problem.
> > >
> > >We have Windows 2003 on which we installed Outlook
> > >2003 with SP1. Our users will use RPC over HTTP from this client also.
> > >Unfortunately they cannot connect from this computer to Exchnage by using RPC
> > >over HTTP. They have no problem with OWA connections.
> > >
> > >Is there any restrictions if a Windows 2003 Server is deployed as Outlook
> > >2003 client?  Can we use Outlook 2003 on Windows 2003 Server for RPC over
> > >HTTP
> > >connections? How can we fix this problem?
> > >
> > >Best Regards
> > >Mustafa
> >
> > You can only Use Outlook 2003 with RPC over HTTPS on Windows XP Pro
> > SP2, it's not available on W2K3.

0
mustafa (157)
5/30/2005 9:02:01 AM
Hi Mustafa,

if you like, pleace send me Screenshots of your Outlook Connection
configuration (all Pages) by eMail. I will then check them. There is no need
for changing any registry keys. Send the Screenshots to:
support(at)dotnetpower.de