outgoinng message sent to "A" record of target domain

I have turn on smtp logging on exchange and found that some messages
were delivered to "A" record of target domain.

Are there any problem on AD to make the MX records lookup fail ?

Thanks

RFC 2821 and the "implicit MX" rule: Can you really get mail without an MX
record?
http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/rfc-2821-and-implicit-mx-rule-can-you.html

--
Bharat Suneja
MVP - Exchange

<ray.klfung@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have turn on smtp logging on exchange and found that some messages
> were delivered to "A" record of target domain.
>
> Are there any problem on AD to make the MX records lookup fail ?
>
> Thanks

0
bharat3597 (1006)
1/22/2007 7:59:38 AM
Thanks Suneja.

But the faced problem is the target domains really have MX records. But
the event log shown that the outgoing messages were delivered to A
records. In these cases, the A record most likely are web server and my
user got NDR finally.

I have tried to disable EDNS on AD, but the problem still occur. Anyone
face similar problem ?
My platform is configure to use front-end and backend. Front-end dns
server was assign to AD and dns service on AD was forward to a server
running BIND 9

Thanks.

Bharat Suneja [MVP] wrote:
> RFC 2821 and the "implicit MX" rule: Can you really get mail without an MX
> record?
> http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/rfc-2821-and-implicit-mx-rule-can-you.html
>
> --
> Bharat Suneja
> MVP - Exchange
> www.zenprise.com
> NEW blog location:
> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>

> <ray.klfung@gmail.com> wrote in message
> >I have turn on smtp logging on exchange and found that some messages
> > were delivered to "A" record of target domain.
> >
> > Are there any problem on AD to make the MX records lookup fail ?
> >
> > Thanks

Is this happening to one destination domain only? Can the Exchange server
successfully resolve the domain (and its MX records)? Test using nslookup.

--

> Thanks Suneja.
>
> But the faced problem is the target domains really have MX records. But
> the event log shown that the outgoing messages were delivered to A
> records. In these cases, the A record most likely are web server and my
> user got NDR finally.
>
> I have tried to disable EDNS on AD, but the problem still occur. Anyone
> face similar problem ?
> My platform is configure to use front-end and backend. Front-end dns
> server was assign to AD and dns service on AD was forward to a server
> running BIND 9
>
> Thanks.
>
> Bharat Suneja [MVP] wrote:
>> RFC 2821 and the "implicit MX" rule: Can you really get mail without an
>> MX
>> record?
>> http://www.exchangepedia.com/blog/2006/11/rfc-2821-and-implicit-mx-rule-can-you.html
>>
>> --
>> Bharat Suneja
>> MVP - Exchange
>> www.zenprise.com
>> NEW blog location:
>> www.exchangepedia.com/blog
>>

>> <ray.klfung@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> >I have turn on smtp logging on exchange and found that some messages
>> > were delivered to "A" record of target domain.
>> >
>> > Are there any problem on AD to make the MX records lookup fail ?
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
bharatsuneja1 (3146)
1/23/2007 3:41:19 AM
Yes. It can successfully lookup by nslookup on exchange server.
And the occur some several domains. Do you think it's due to lookup of
MX record timeout and exchange try to use A record ?
If yes. Any registry can tune the timeout value ?

Thanks.

ray.klfung@gmail.com wrote:

>Yes. It can successfully lookup by nslookup on exchange server.
>And the occur some several domains. Do you think it's due to lookup of
>MX record timeout and exchange try to use A record ?
>If yes. Any registry can tune the timeout value ?

It may be that, or it may be that the query for MX answer didn't
include any A records.

Try restarting both the DNS client service and the SMTP service and
see if clearing the local DNS cache helps. If not, try clearing the
cache on your DNS server. Sometimes bad query results are cached and
cause problems like this.

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

Incorrect number of unread messages in Outlook Express
I've seen this problem listed in several places, but have yet to find a satisfactory answer. Here's my sitation: I have a computer that shows an incorrect number of unread messages in the Outlook Express Inbox whenever it downloads messages. Sometimes it's only 1 more than the number it downloaded, sometimes more. I'm not subscribed to any newsgroups, nor do I have any rules or mail filters enabled, including junk mail filters. We've had this problem through two different IMAP accounts, two different ISPs, two different email addresses, and on two different Windows use...

Subquery
Hi, I'm trying to code a subquery on a table but to no avail...it's a very simple table that has Date (short date, just recording the day) and NAV which is a number (double). All I'm wanting to do is have a query that displays the Date, the NAV and the NAV from the day before - only recording business dates. In other words, the subquery number I want is the NAV from the record preceeding the current one. I've got as far as the below, but that just gets the same NAV number as today's: SELECT tblNAV.Date, tblNAV.NAV, (SELECT LAST(x.NAV) FROM tblNAV as X LEFT JOIN tblNAV on...

Listing in previous records in Form by vertical scrolling
Please help, I would like to set up a form the way that if I enter the record I would like to see that record and access should open a new line where I can add a new record. I would like to scroll vertically in the old record to edit them eventually. I know that there can be a Record selection but I don't want that. Thank you for help. I cannot find it myself. On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:40:01 -0800, Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help, > >I would like to set up a form the way that if I enter the record I would >like to see that record and access s...

Excel Template for recording Blood Pressure readings?
Does anyone know of a template/chart for recording blood pressure readings over say 4 weeks that can show graphically (with superimposition of sheets if necessary) the daily variances along with pulse rates and any significant details that may have a bering on the current readings. Put the data of interest (date, systolic pressure, diastolic pressure, pulse, whatever else of interest) in individual columns. Select any cell in the range of cells containing data. Click the Chart Wizard button; select a line chart -- or some other chart if it has greater appeal for you. -- Regards, Tu...

What's SPF record and is it necessary to have one?
Hi all, What's SPF record? Is it necessary to have one? How to create one? (exchange 2003 Sp2 environment) Thanks in advance On Wed, 13 Sep 2006 06:43:02 -0700, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi all, > >What's SPF record? Is it necessary to have one? How to create one? >(exchange 2003 Sp2 environment) > > >Thanks in advance > http://www.openspf.org/ Everything you need to know, even a wizard! Not required, but recommended. http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/013/antispoofing.htm "Peter" <Peter@discussions....

SMTP message with attachment keeps resending
I ran into this with Outlook2002, but thought it was fixed with a patch and was no longer an issue with Outlook 2003. I'm running Outlook 2003 and find this morning that sending messages with attachments over about 500K results in the messages remaining in the Outbox, delivery receipts begin returning indicating the message was successfully delivered, but the message never makes it to Sent Items. Thus my computer continues to resend the message with the attached file. Could this be an issue with XP Service Pack 2? I installed it over the weekend and didn't notice this pro...

New a view for owned and shared records
I'd like to define an accounts view that shows all accounts I own and any that I'm shared on. I can't find the field with the shared information. Any suggestions? Hi, So basically you want to see all accounts to which you have access. Define criteria for filters, dont mention the owner and you will see all account to which you have read access. Just put one filter. Show me all Active Accounts. -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post was helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan Email for direct contact: imumar at gmail dot com "Ed Crawford" wrote:...

Exporting all forms record either in a table or Excel 2007.( Any m
Dear All, i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the field from each record and generate a table in access and save all the fields in a row. i.e Record 1 all fields should be saved in Table first row then record 2 in second row an so on till All records saved. Moreover Is there any alternative option that either all records fields exported to excel file. Please help Rgds, Aligahk06 aligahk06 wrote: >Dear All, >i have a form that contains 347 records.I want a macro that copy all the >field from each record and generate a table...

cannot send mail to a specific domain from a specific domain
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C71DE8.A78BBE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my user's cannot send mail to a specific domain. I spoke with = tech help that carries the domain and they said we've been blacklisted. = I asked, how do i get off the blacklist? I was told that I needed to = put a valid postmaster address in my exchange server 2003. I have 4 = domains that are e-mailing through my exchange server for example: = @test.com, @test1.com, @test2.com, @te...

Send this page as message.
I'm trying to send a publication as a message, and when sent from one computer, it is always received as plain text. When sent from a different computer it sends ok. Creating a new document and sending it in the same manner works fine on the computer that doesn't send the message in question. I have tried for over an hour, changing this setting and that setting with no results. Can someone point me in a direction to look. Are you using Outlook or Outlook Express? -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "RJ" <RJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messag...

How do you record a partial stock exchange
I am using MSMoney standard 2003 edition. Back in 2001 ATTstockholders were allowed to exchange a portion of their shares for ATT Wireless shares. How do you record this type of transaction? A spin off or merger converts all the shares. I only convert 100 out of 230 shares. Thanks for your help In microsoft.public.money, pfl22@mindspring.com wrote: >I am using MSMoney standard 2003 edition. Back in 2001 >ATTstockholders were allowed to exchange a portion of their shares for >ATT Wireless shares. How do you record this type of transaction? A >spin off or merger converts...

Linking a Message Box to a cell value
Okay, this is probably the worst way to do things, but I want to link cell value to a message box. I am basically going to use the messag box as a method of data validation. If the data value of the cel exceeds a certain data range, then the message box should pop up an alert the user that his input data is "out-of-range" I can't really use the data validation approach. I have a drop dow menu next to the input data cell to allow for different input units. This drop down menu is used along with conversion factors to a specifi unit that I want to use in my calculations. The ...

Outlook 2002 hang with error message when closing. #2
My customer is using Windows 98 operating system, with the Office 2002 (XP) version, and many user encounter error message during they want to close the outlook, the problem did not happen when they open it, appreciate somebody can help/advice on this issue. Below is the Error report Contents:Exception Information Code: 0xfff60951 Flags: 0x00000000 Record: 0x00000000c0000005 Address: 0x0000000000000000 System Information Windows, Minor Version: 10 Build:67766446 CPU Version Code:88A78094 - 30025EC0 -00000001 cpu Version: 00000686 CPU FeatureCode: 0383F9FF CPU AMD Feature Code:...

Drag and Drop message works in some folders, not in others
Using Outlook 2003, installed over Outlook 2002, PST file for delivery location, no Exchange server, I can drag an email to some folders and not to others. I can't find anything different between the ones that work and the ones that don't. Any tips on where to look or what to change would be helpful. TIA, Dave Do you get any error messages? Are these always the same folders? If so; which ones? Have you already cleared your Deleted Items folder? and ran scanpst.exe against your pst-file? -- Roady www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outloo...

Restored archived messages- Headers but no Body
Imported archived messages I see the header but not the body. When I double click it says you must download to view. Help I need these emails. Is there another way to see .pst files Shay <joshua@channelintegration.com> wrote: > Imported archived messages I see the header but not the body. When I > double click it says you must download to view. Help I need these > emails. > Is there another way to see .pst files File>Open>Outlook Data File is the best way to open a PST. -- Brian Tillman ...

record not deleting from linked table...but it looks deleted.
Hi folks, I have an odd situation here. I have a table linked from my backend to the frontend that I have displayed through a subform. You can add/edit records no problem but when you delete the record it deletes it as requested and the record is gone on the subform. However if you go look in the backend (or even through the linked table), the record is still there. Anyone ever see this before? Thanks, Alan PS: This is Access 2002. ...

Programmatically Update a Form's Combo Box Default Value and SQL Record Source
I have one Sales Activity form that I use for data entry and for viewing all records by Sales Person (EmployeeID). Without having to have multiple instances of this form, I want to accomplish the below; based on which EmployeeID (sales person) opens the form in either mode: 1. For the data entry mode – I want the Combo Box’s Default Value to change, based on my user (EmployeeID); 2. Show All Records mode – I want the SQL record source to filter on that sales person’s records (EmployeeID) I’ve got some code for passwords, so I hope I can utilize that part of it; I just do not know how to do ...

XML Error Message
When I click on the Summary button for a case I receive an error message stating the following. Error: Object doesn's support this property or method Xml: undefined The only choice I have is to click the OK button. I then am able to go into the summary without any issues. This is just an annoying error and if anyone can help me figure out why it is being displayed I would appreciate it. Thanks. Keith I assume you are using an add-in like c360 Activity Summary, since there is no "Summary" in CRM out of the box. I would check with c360's support if that's where ...

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

importing/exporting Outlook Express 6.0 Messages
Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edition: Following intruction for exporting/importing message fail! "Cannot initialize MAPI" Importing/exporting address book does not work either. Appreciate help. Thanks. Please post in an Outlook Express Group.: Microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress "joseph" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:16bf501c44845$c856ede0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Exporting Outlook Express 6.0 on Window 98 to Outlook > Express 6.0 on Window XP Home Edit...

Printing an Email Message (but only 1 page)
Hi, when I go to print an email (in Microsoft Outlook), I press "file", then "print", and usually I get a window asking "Print pages -- "all" or "page numbers.." etc, but I don't always get this screen. Sometimes, (depending on the email), I get "print all pages, print only odd pages, or print only even pages". How can I only print the current page, all the time? Thank you! ...

Couldn't Find c:\windows\system32\system.mdw Message
Loaded Access 97 on my new Vista Machine and got the above message when I tried to start Access. How do I fix this ? Vista has more stringent rules about who, and how you can write to the System32 (or Windows for that matter) folder. If you have another machine with and unsecured system.mdw file try to copy it to your new one. If it lets you, you are fine, if not you'll need to work with someone in a Vista newsgroup to figure out what the problem is. -- Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP http://www.datastrat.com http://www.mvps.org/access http://www.accessmvp.com "JWalker" <JWalker...

Isinteg Warning Message Question

Wrong message with cascading deletes
A2003: Table Person linked 1 X M to table Activity. The relationship has its Referential Integrity checkbox and the Cascade Delete checkbox both checked. When I delete a person all related Activity records are deleted which is to be expected. According to http://www.informit.com/articles/article.aspx?p=26115&seqNum=5 I should get the following message in this case: "Relationships that specify cascading deletes are about to cause 1 record(s) in this table and in related tables to be deleted. Are you sure you want to delete these records?" In stead I get: &quo...

Program Sending on behalf of message
We have a program we developed that needs to send emails using outlook and we need to disable the security warning - A program is trying to automatically send email on your behalf. Do you want to allow this? ...