Outgoing mail to show display name and not email address.

When users send mail, the recipents see the email address and not the display
name.  Is there a change I can make to show the users display name in the
From field rather than the email address?  We are using exchange 5.5 and
outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode.

Regards,

Dave
0
Unsworth (2)

On the properties of your IMS, go to the Internet Mail tab, and click the
Advanced Options button and you'll see an option to enable or disable the
sending of Display Names to the Internet.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"David Unsworth" <David Unsworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When users send mail, the recipents see the email address and not the
display
> name.  Is there a change I can make to show the users display name in the
> From field rather than the email address?  We are using exchange 5.5 and
> outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave

0
neil.hobson (1158)
8/16/2004 11:41:24 AM
That did the job.  Thanks Neil.

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> On the properties of your IMS, go to the Internet Mail tab, and click the
> Advanced Options button and you'll see an option to enable or disable the
> sending of Display Names to the Internet.
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "David Unsworth" <David Unsworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When users send mail, the recipents see the email address and not the
> display
> > name.  Is there a change I can make to show the users display name in the
> > From field rather than the email address?  We are using exchange 5.5 and
> > outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave

0
Unsworth (2)
8/16/2004 12:19:04 PM
Can you please tell me what is IMS?

"Neil Hobson [MVP]" wrote:

> On the properties of your IMS, go to the Internet Mail tab, and click the
> Advanced Options button and you'll see an option to enable or disable the
> sending of Display Names to the Internet.
>
> --
> Neil Hobson
> Exchange MVP
>
> For Exchange news, links and tips, check:
> http://www.msexchangeblog.com
>
> "David Unsworth" <David Unsworth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When users send mail, the recipents see the email address and not the
> display
> > name.  Is there a change I can make to show the users display name in the
> > From field rather than the email address?  We are using exchange 5.5 and
> > outlook 2000 in corporate/workgroup mode.
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > Dave

0
GHIS (4)

Outlook 2003 and "Check Names"

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Address book updating...

Recieve Mail Before Sending

Hello all, I have a rather simple to describe but difficult to solve problem. Our customers want to use our ANSI MFC program to show different languages. For example Polish. When I set the font for the different controls they behave different. For example the CEdit shows the polish characters just right but the CButton with checkbox style shows glyphs instead of the special characters. Every control that is owner draw and uses for example the DrawText() function of the device context shows the characters right. I've experimented with _UNICODE for the display part and everything I could ...

displaying colors in an mfc application
Hi everyone, I'm working on an MFC application. The application is a treeview in which are represented some objects (persons, roles....). I have declared some bitmaps in the visual project to represent these objects. My problem is that some colors of the bitmaps are not displayed. I guess there is a palette problem or something like that. Does anybody have an idea of what the problem is? Thanks a lot for your help.... Fred Try using ILC_COLOR24 | ILC_MASK when you create your imagelist. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "fred" <fred@laposte.net> wrot...

hyperlinking email addresses

Outlook 2003

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Mail lMerge

Displaying property menu at runtime
Hello, Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so that the user may interact with the control? In my case, I'm speaking about the MsChart control which has a property menu at the design phase (when picking "properties" after right clicking on the control) Thanks Avi "avi" <aviben@bezeqint.net.il> wrote in message news:e2fc8178-471a-48b1-9671-fc81ca23c912@l14g2000yql.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way to display at runtime the property menu of a control so > that the user may interact with the control? > ...

owa not resolving names properly
Exchange 5.5 sp4 - just recently OWA is not resolving addresses properly - the administrator at this site states: > There is a strange situation happening when using OWA to send emails. If > we try to send an email to an account out of our domain (i.e. > jravazzano@yahoo.com) the recipient name and domain get wrongly resolved > to our own domain thus generating a message undeliverable. > > For example using OWA a test email was sent to "jravazzano@yahoo.com" the > address gets resolved to j@ourdomain.com The admin is going to give me an account to test with, but...

adding name /creating field/query?

Incoming email slow to come in