Outgoing mail fine from Outlook, fails from IMAP

We've got Exchange 2003 running, and everyone can connect using Outlook or
OWA and can send mail with no problems.

I just configured the server to allow IMAP access, and that works well for
some mobile users and Outlook Express users - for reading their mail.
However, outgoing mail (outside our Exchange Server) seems to just
disappear.  The IMAP users have "requires authentication" turned on, and
there are no errors returned to the IMAP client.  I also cannot find any
warnings or errors on the Exchange Server - the messages just never get
sent.

I've been through the guide and seem to have everything set to allow
authenticated users to send via SMTP; how else can I troubleshoot this?

Thanks,

DvS

0
Daniel

Message Tracking.  Make sure it is enabled and then figure out what happens
with the message on the Exchange server.

You can also enable SMTP Protocol logging, which should allow you to see the
actual conversation between the IMAP client and the Exchange server.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Daniel vom Saal" <anon email> wrote in message
> We've got Exchange 2003 running, and everyone can connect using Outlook or
> OWA and can send mail with no problems.
>
> I just configured the server to allow IMAP access, and that works well for
> some mobile users and Outlook Express users - for reading their mail.
> However, outgoing mail (outside our Exchange Server) seems to just
> disappear.  The IMAP users have "requires authentication" turned on, and
> there are no errors returned to the IMAP client.  I also cannot find any
> warnings or errors on the Exchange Server - the messages just never get
> sent.
>
> I've been through the guide and seem to have everything set to allow
> authenticated users to send via SMTP; how else can I troubleshoot this?
>
> Thanks,
>
> DvS

0
Ben
11/29/2005 7:09:19 PM
I enabled SMTP Protocol logging (Diagnostics Logging -> [SERVER] ->
MSExchangeTransport -> SMTP Protocol set to "Maximum"), but I don't see any
logged messages.  I'll try message tracking and see if I can get anything
there.

"Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" <ben_winzenz@nospamdotmessageonedotcom> wrote
in message news:eLppnhR9FHA.3044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl...
> Message Tracking.  Make sure it is enabled and then figure out what
> happens with the message on the Exchange server.
>
> You can also enable SMTP Protocol logging, which should allow you to see
> the actual conversation between the IMAP client and the Exchange server.
>
> --
> Ben Winzenz
> Exchange MVP
> MessageOne
> Read my blog!
> http://winzenz.blogspot.com
>

> "Daniel vom Saal" <anon email> wrote in message
>> We've got Exchange 2003 running, and everyone can connect using Outlook
>> or OWA and can send mail with no problems.
>>
>> I just configured the server to allow IMAP access, and that works well
>> for some mobile users and Outlook Express users - for reading their mail.
>> However, outgoing mail (outside our Exchange Server) seems to just
>> disappear.  The IMAP users have "requires authentication" turned on, and
>> there are no errors returned to the IMAP client.  I also cannot find any
>> warnings or errors on the Exchange Server - the messages just never get
>> sent.
>>
>> I've been through the guide and seem to have everything set to allow
>> authenticated users to send via SMTP; how else can I troubleshoot this?
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> DvS

0
Daniel

CRM address book in Outlook

Outlook Sales

Moving from Outlook Express to Outlook

Outlook 2002 (office xp developer suite)

From Outlook 2000 to Outllook 2003

cannot open hyper links in outlook

outlook 97 and express email problems

eConnect Outgoing
We have a system that feeds Invoices into Payables Transactions in GP. GP is used to generate Payments (Checks) for these transactions. I'd like to use eConnect Outgoing services to read what check paid what invoices. I am able to get the check transaction pushed into the eConnect_Out table along with the invoices that are being paid. Though, I do not see a way to figure out which check paid what invoice. If anyone else has encountered this before, we will appreciate your input. Best Regards, RS ...

Outlook 2003 Drag and Drop Emails

using the journal on outlook

outlook 2007 e-mail

Are there free upgrades to Outlook 2000?

Outlook context menu lost most options
Hi there. I'd dearly love some help with this matter. It's been going on for months now. Has anyone got any idea how I can sort this issue out? "Jonathan E. (NZ)" <s_pam_stop@hotmail.comTAKEOUTTHESECAPS> wrote in message news:<eYICp6NCFHA.3976@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>... Hi there, I run outlook 2003. It would seem that the context menu has lost the plot. It looks like outlook has gone into some "mode" other than the one it is usually in by default. I have found that when I right click on any mail folder the context menu has very different options f...

OE autodelete OLD mail

q Emailing Excel Sheet With Outlook

Outlook Recall Msg Process