Out of office response for several internet domains

I have an Exchange Server 2003 that has several Internet domains in it.  When
we enabled the "Out of the Office" in the default properties of the Internet
Message Format, it only works with the main domain.   For example, when we
send a message to test@domain1.com (domain1 is the main domain) the automatic
response works, but, if we send a message to test@domain2.com, it doesn't
work.   Could anybody help with that?

Thanks

0
LuisR (8)

Out of office responses are sent once per sender.  If you sent a message
from an external account to test@domain1.com and got the Out of Office
notice, then sent a message from the same external account to
test@domain2.com, then the rule will not fire.  Make sure that you test
@domain2.com first, or try it from separate external e-mail accounts.  There
are no limitations that I am aware of that cause Out of Office not to work
with secondary domains.

--
Ben Winzenz
Exchange MVP

"Luis R." <LuisR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have an Exchange Server 2003 that has several Internet domains in it.
>When
> we enabled the "Out of the Office" in the default properties of the
> Internet
> Message Format, it only works with the main domain.   For example, when we
> send a message to test@domain1.com (domain1 is the main domain) the
> automatic
> response works, but, if we send a message to test@domain2.com, it doesn't
> work.   Could anybody help with that?
>
> Thanks

0
Ben

Getting information from several surveys in Access
Hi there I have created three surveys which contains information from students. The students complete the surveys at intervals of 3 months so within 1 year a student can have, at most, completed 4 surveys. The pre-survey which is conducted at the start of the year and a survey at the end of the first term. The post survey that is conducted at the end of the second and third terms has elements of the pre-survey and the survey that is conducted at the end of the 1st term. For instance, on questions on how they rate their teachers on a range of topics such as knowledge, ease ...

MS Office has encountered a problem . . .
I must have done something to a form or its code. Seemingly all of a sudden when I close my db I get the above message. I've run into this message a while back and decompiled successfully solving that issue. This time I cannot get past it. It appears the db is working fine up until closing when the error occurs -- and it occurs only if I have opened a specific form that has subforms. (Yes, they are linked properly.) If I don't open that form the db closes properly. When the error occurs I check my tables and all my work has been saved. Seems not a problem -- but...big but. ...

Office 2004 will not install on MacBook Pro
Hi, I would be grateful for some help from any expert in the group. I have just bought a new MacBook Pro 17 inch. I have run Remove Office several times and tried to install my legitimate copy of MS Office:mac 2004 from disc. Each time I run Remove it tells me that there are files in Preferences. I select Remove and Empty Trash. I have also checked the Preferences folders and removed any Microsoft files manually. I have secure emptied the trash. And this just repeats... Every time I launch the installer it whirrs for a few seconds then quits. No amount of double clicking will r...

Internet Explorer 6.0 Sp1 Component Update 3.0 for Windows 98
For those of you that want to use various Win-2K updates from Microsoft and apply them to your Win-98 system, this update package has been designed to bring together all those various updates and install them automatically. MD InternetExplorer 6.0sp1 Component Update 3.0 *Windows Script Update 5.6 *971961 - Unofficial JScript Security Update *944338 - Unofficial Windows Script Security Update *973354 - Unofficial Outloook Express Cumulative Security Update *976325 - Unofficial Internet Explorer Cumulative Security Update (with uninstall) *905495 - Unofficial Security Update (MSI...

SOAP responses and .NET
I am testing a WebService by writing a client on .NET. I used the WSDL to successfully create a proxy class, and am able to send correct SOAP requests, as per the WebService. The SOAP trace utility shows that I am getting a good SOAP response. However, the .NET proxy object returns silently with null values. I am using "document" style operations and bindings. How can I begin to debug this? If .NEt won't give me any insight, can you recommend some good software/website that takes a WSDL and a SOAP response, and validates the SOAP response? Your help much appreciated. Th...

Extend WSS to Internet
Have a very simple WSS 3.0 Sharepoint site on Windows 2008 server, connecting to a SQL 2008 database on separate SQL Server. Need a few people to access the site from the Internet. Site name is: http://name.domainname.com I want to access this site, using the same name from the Internet. Can someone please give me detailed steps on the correct way to extend my sharepoint app to IIS? Thank you. When you create a web application in SharePoint, a corresponding IIS web site is created for that application. To resolve it from the Internet you simply need to be sure that ...

cannot send mail to a specific domain from a specific domain
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_003B_01C71DE8.A78BBE80 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable One of my user's cannot send mail to a specific domain. I spoke with = tech help that carries the domain and they said we've been blacklisted. = I asked, how do i get off the blacklist? I was told that I needed to = put a valid postmaster address in my exchange server 2003. I have 4 = domains that are e-mailing through my exchange server for example: = @test.com, @test1.com, @test2.com, @te...

Macro problem
Hi, I have a spreadsheet for keeping track of my golf scores. The spreadsheet uses a macro for copying the scores to a database sheet and to a statistics sheet. When running this macro the process fails on the statistics sheet. It involves copying 2 matrices from the scorecard sheet to the statistics sheet. If I uninstall the security updates for Excel 2007 in Windows 7 the spreadsheet works like a charm. I usually just removes all excel updates and unchecks updates for excel in Windows Update. However, now I have this update, that keeps installing itself after a reboot (KB982308). I ...

New Computer: Moving Office 2002
My company sent me a new computer (one of their castoffs) for my home office. I have reformatted the machine and reinstalled the OS. I can reinstall all the apps but how do I MOVE all my outlook 2002 account settings, rules, shortcuts and files to the new computer. I have connected the computers together on a LAN and can move files between each other but I know that the PST is not enough. Thanks. On 14 Apr 2004 03:04, "The Unknown Poster" <whatseMail@none.com> wrote: >My company sent me a new computer (one of their castoffs) for my home >office. >I have reformat...

internet connection disconnect
Hi, i start windows live mail recently and observed every time i use WLM my connection (ADSL MODEM) disconnect and error report sends, with outlook 2007 no problem Thanks in advance Shalom Chris Fernando On Fri, 30 Apr 2010 00:56:01 -0700, Chris Fernando wrote: > Hi, i start windows live mail recently and observed every time i use WLM my > connection (ADSL MODEM) disconnect and error report sends, with outlook 2007 > no problem I would begin by checking the Internet Properties (accessed either by the "Tools" menu in WLMail, or the Control Panel), and che...

Office Outlook 2007
How can I restore "prepare to send/receive" How can I get this to work? wrote: > How can I restore "prepare to send/receive" Please read these two articles and if you still have any more questions, you can come back here: <http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html> <http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/555375> hth -- THE INFORMATION IS PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. LD55ZRA DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A...

CRM v4 no internet installation error
Hi all: I am trying to install v4 on a machine without internet access by following a post at: http://www.philiprichardson.org/blog/post/Installing-CRM-40-without-Internet-Access.aspx The post says that the following folder structure is needed: .. \Redist\i386\VCRedist\vcredist_x86.exe .. \Redist\i386\VCRedist\vcredist_x64.exe .. \Redist\amd64\VCRedist\vcredist_x64.exe .. \Server\i386\SetupServer.exe However no matter where I put the VC redistributable file I get an installation failure with the message "The system cannot find the file specified". I thought it might be because...

microsoft office for mac
I downloaded the trial version to my emac G4 and later decided that I preferred openoffice. I dropped the trial version in the trash, but some part of it lurks in my computer. When I receive an attachment in powerpoint format, and I try to open it, a message pops up to tell me that my version of microsoft office for mac is expired. This somehow prevents my open office from opening the attachment. In my "missing manual" it says that there may be a file under "home -->preferences that I should also delete. I have spent hours looking, and can't access this file. Is ...

Connecting to domain on SBS 2003 after windows xp sp3 repair
I'm having a problem with a computer at work. The computer is a dell optiplex gx270 it runs windows xp pro sp3. It is part of the office domain. A few days ago there was a problem shutting it down cleanly. As a result the person just hit the power button to shut the pc off. After that when the computer started it would boot and go through the windows start up but would when you tried to hit ctrl-alt-del to log in nothing would happen. There was absolutely no way to log on. I tried doing a manual rollback of the registry to a few days before the initial incident but that didn't ...

Office XP media content?
I have Office 2003 Small Business edition and running Windows XP Home. Will my old Office XP Media Content disc install and work with Publisher 2003 (and the rest of Office 2003 Small Business Edition)? I installed the media content on my old Office XP setup and don't want to have to continually access the disc when I'm making up publications with the 2003 version. You can install the XP media disk, it will work fine with the 2003 Organizer. -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/clipart/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/getting_started.htm news://msnews.microsoft.com &q...

Where to find previous updates for Office 2008?
Hi I tried to install the service pack for office 2008 but when I started installation it gave an error because I need some extra updates not installed previously. Where can I find all the updates available for Office 2008? How to determine which updates should I need? Thanks Which Service Pack did you try to install -- there are 2 of them for Office 2008. Both include the interim updates which preceded them so you shouldn't need to go any further back than SP1 (12.1.0) plus SP2 (12.2.0) followed but 12.2.1 (the latest interim update). You should be able to run Check fo Updates fo...

\\.\backofficestorage\domain is pointed to wrong domain
In setting up Exchange to run through ISA, I somehow screwed up the domain listing of Exchange. Eversince the virtual directory for exchange local path has been moved to \\.\BackOfficeStorage\WRONG\MBX Does anyone know why this would happen, and how I can change this back? I tried the obvious which was edit the path to be \\.\BackOfficeStorage\CORRECT\MBX but that didn't work so well. I then deleted all virtual directories, and edited the metada.XML file to set the value to 0 (KB888033) Restarted services and the directories recreated. However Exchange local path is still wron...

Out of Office #12
Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked everywhere! Goto Tools -> then select Out of Office Assistant. >-----Original Message----- >Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked >everywhere! >. > Alex <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Where do I find "Out of Office" to use? I have looked > everywhere! The Out of Office Assistant is available only if you receive messages via Exchange. You can use a rule to approximate it otherwise. -- Brian Tillman Smiths Aerospace 3290 Patterson Ave. SE, MS ...

What happened to my out of office reminder?
In Outlook 2003, I used to get a reminder when I started Outlook and I had been out of the office (out of office turned ON). Now all I get is a barely noticeable task bar note. This is becoming a major pain. I've gone days back int he office before someone has to remind me to turn off my out of office. So, what happened to the pop-up reminder that your Out of Office is on and how do I get it back? It's gone from outlook 2007 because you can set Outlook to turn it off at a specific time. What version of Exchange server do you use? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] ...

Just upgraded to Office 2008, can't find Entourage database
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Email Client: imap I just upgraded from Office 2004 to 2008, completed the install, but when I attempt to open Entourage, I get the message: &quot;Entourage Cannot access your data. To attempt to fix the problem, rebuild your database.&quot; The problem is, no database is listed on the database utility. Another posting suggested that the database is too corrupted to even be found, but it opens up and works fine in Entourage 2004. What to do? Dear Joel: joelm@officeformac.com wrote: >Version: 20...

Missing 'Out of Office' tool
The "Out of Office" tool is missing in my Outlook 2002. Is there a download to add it? In article <00fe01c3ba80$bf143a60$a101280a@phx.gbl>, anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com says... |The "Out of Office" tool is missing in my Outlook 2002. |Is there a download to add it? | If you do not connect to Exchange Server, you haven't got it. ...

Office 2007 Basic....need reinstall after HDD reformat
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB04DE.CEF8E520 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi there, I need to reinstall Office Basic 2007 as that came with the Dell laptop = that I have.=20 The hard drive has been reformatted and I never had the CD for the = Office Basic. Am I able to download this from somewhere? Thanks, Gordon ------=_NextPart_000_0017_01CB04DE.CEF8E520 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printa...

Office 2008 H/S edition on networked computers
Is it correct that the same Office application, e.g. Word, will run on more than one networked computer at the same time if they were installed using the 3 licenses that come with the H/S edition? As long as each computer is using a different license number, yes. R_Pine@officeformac.com wrote: > Is it correct that the same Office application, e.g. Word, will run on > more than one networked computer at the same time if they were > installed using the 3 licenses that come with the H/S edition? ...

Office XP error message
When i try and open 2 needed folders in outlook i get this following message.. Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. outlook:8001010118000000E42E1C0097000000FC2E1C0000000000DD C008B2347CA442B4D3B0C91014D6AD828200000000000038A1BB1005E5 101AA1BB08002B2A56C200006D737073742E646C6C00000000004E4954 41F9BFB80100AA0037D96E000000433A5C446F63756D656E747320616E 642053657474696E67735C5 can anyone help me please. All my work documents are in this folder. No changes have been make to outlook xp well not that i know of..Help please How big is yo...

OWA works internally, not from internet
I am running SBS 2K3 with Exchange 2K3 SP1. Upgraded all from 2K version. OWA works fine internally, but cannot find page from outside. 404 page not found. I Cannot find a published folder where the exchange files are kept (like the M:\ drive in Exchange 2000). Any ideas? Thanks in advance, David Brooks Network Administrator Thaddeus Computing Inc http://www.pocketpcmag.com ...