Out of Office replys not going to outside(internet) contacts

I'm running Windows 2003 & Exch 2003SP1.

I have a problem where Out of Office replies are not being received by
outside Internet contacts.  It works fine for internal exchange users.

I have read the MS KB articles about out of office reply's being disabled in
2003 by default.  I have gone to Global Settings, Internet Message Formats,
clicked on the domain, Advanced,  and checked both "Allow out of office
services have been restarted.  I turn on my Out of office and try sending a
message from my Yahoo account.  i never receive an Out of Office reply back
to Yahoo.

Is there an alternate setting elsewhere?  Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance.

-anthony
0
AVee (83)

On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:55:06 -0700, "AVee"
<AVee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I'm running Windows 2003 & Exch 2003SP1.
>
>I have a problem where Out of Office replies are not being received by
>outside Internet contacts.  It works fine for internal exchange users.
>
>I have read the MS KB articles about out of office reply's being disabled in
>2003 by default.  I have gone to Global Settings, Internet Message Formats,
>clicked on the domain, Advanced,  and checked both "Allow out of office
>services have been restarted.  I turn on my Out of office and try sending a
>message from my Yahoo account.  i never receive an Out of Office reply back
>to Yahoo.
>
>Is there an alternate setting elsewhere?  Am I doing something wrong?
>
>Thanks in advance.
>
>-anthony

Have you tried from other external accounts?
Yahoo may be dumping or moving it to another folder as junk.
0
adavid (8731)
8/19/2005 8:33:17 PM
i have asked other outside contacts to send me messages while my out of
office is on.  They don't get anything either.

"Andy David - MVP" wrote:

> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:55:06 -0700, "AVee"
> <AVee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> >I'm running Windows 2003 & Exch 2003SP1.
> >
> >I have a problem where Out of Office replies are not being received by
> >outside Internet contacts.  It works fine for internal exchange users.
> >
> >I have read the MS KB articles about out of office reply's being disabled in
> >2003 by default.  I have gone to Global Settings, Internet Message Formats,
> >clicked on the domain, Advanced,  and checked both "Allow out of office
> >services have been restarted.  I turn on my Out of office and try sending a
> >message from my Yahoo account.  i never receive an Out of Office reply back
> >to Yahoo.
> >
> >Is there an alternate setting elsewhere?  Am I doing something wrong?
> >
> >Thanks in advance.
> >
> >-anthony
>

> Have you tried from other external accounts?
> Yahoo may be dumping or moving it to another folder as junk.

0
AVee (83)
8/19/2005 8:53:01 PM
On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 13:53:01 -0700, "AVee"
<AVee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>i have asked other outside contacts to send me messages while my out of
>office is on.  They don't get anything either.

Try resetting it ( Unchecking , apply, rechecking, apply)
Any gateways between the server and the outside world that may be
dropping them?

>"Andy David - MVP" wrote:
>
>> On Fri, 19 Aug 2005 12:55:06 -0700, "AVee"
>> <AVee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>>
>> >I'm running Windows 2003 & Exch 2003SP1.
>> >
>> >I have a problem where Out of Office replies are not being received by
>> >outside Internet contacts.  It works fine for internal exchange users.
>> >
>> >I have read the MS KB articles about out of office reply's being disabled in
>> >2003 by default.  I have gone to Global Settings, Internet Message Formats,
>> >clicked on the domain, Advanced,  and checked both "Allow out of office
>> >services have been restarted.  I turn on my Out of office and try sending a
>> >message from my Yahoo account.  i never receive an Out of Office reply back
>> >to Yahoo.
>> >
>> >Is there an alternate setting elsewhere?  Am I doing something wrong?
>> >
>> >Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> >-anthony
>>

>> Have you tried from other external accounts?
>> Yahoo may be dumping or moving it to another folder as junk.

0
adavid (8731)

Out of Office Help
I am unable to turn off my out of office rule. Here is the message: The Out of Office option button selection could not be set. The client operation failed. Any ideas on how to turn this off? Thanks! Sara Client operation failed usually indicates a corrupt mailbox . Are you using Microsoft Exchange ? >-----Original Message----- >I am unable to turn off my out of office rule. Here is >the message: The Out of Office option button selection >could not be set. The client operation failed. Any ideas >on how to turn this off? >Thanks! >Sara >. > ...

Open Office
I have a program that creates a spreadsheet in Excel. The company would like to now have Excel installed on computer. I put in all interop DLL's but program blows up. They are going to use open office to open up spreadsheet when I'm done. IS there a way to create spreadsheet without Excel on computer or can I modify program to use open office instead of Excel. We have proven the spreadsheet I create does work in Open Office. "Stephen Plotnick" <thepla@thepla.com> wrote in message news:EF45DFF0-BA1C-48E5-9E59-A74FB1A301F4@microsoft.com... >I ha...

Outlook Office Service Pack 3
I hope this is the correct place to ask. I was trying to install the Office 2000 Service Pack 3 (have already installed the SR-1a) but it will not complete the update because it says it can not find "Data1out.msi" and is asking for MS Outlook 2000 CD. I see Data1.msi and data1pro.msi on my "C" drive and the CD. Any help will be very much appreciated. ...

upload hebrew xp, 97 office files to mac
word for mac doesn't upload hebrew files created on the pc in word. Word for Mac does not support Hebrew. You should be able to move the document between platforms, but the Hebrew probably won't be readable in Word for Mac. If you want to see Hebrew & Arabic support in a future version of Word, be sure to send the feature request to Microsoft. In any Office application, go to Help -> Send Feedback. Otherwise, click on this direct link to enter Mac Product Feedback: <http://www.microsoft.com/mac/feedback/suggestion.asp> On 2/24/04 5:47 PM, in article 015601c3fb30$a25...

Outlook 2003 sending Out of Office responses to Junk E-mail
Hello, I am trying to resolve an issue where several employees' PCs are sending Out of Office responses to junk e-mail, even ones that Outlook deems as spam and moves to the Junk E-mail folder. We are running Outlook 2003 on employees' PCs and Exchange 2003 Standard on our server. All that I can suspect at this point is that Outlook creates a rule for the Out of Office response and it is processed prior to the Junk E-mail rule. If someone has any suggestions, I would be more than happy to hear them. Thanks in advance. -- Dennis Bilyk OOF are server side rules, junk mail is clie...

Email reply from Outlook
Hi, If user A sends email to User B by using CRM web client, user B will get the email in his/her outlook client (not SFO). Then user B replies the email using outlook client. Will the replied email be recorded on CRM as activity? As my understanding, if the email is still attached with GUID, it should be recorded on CRM. Am i correct?? If not, what should i do if i want to track all the email activities? Thanks Carrie if the emailconnector is tied to your exchange-server incoming mails will be triggered and in case of a valid GUID attached to the proper crm objects otherwise your ...

Medical Office management
Any customization of CRM to medical office enviornment? ...

Try on these pack for MS Internet Explorer
--ghupnihmofyfpvtc Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uxvfhywtaeo"; type="multipart/alternative" --uxvfhywtaeo Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="yapnfnffssahl" --yapnfnffssahl Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "November 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which fixes all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three new vulnerabilities. Install now to protect your...

Internet Queries
I am importing data from the internet but just selecting a small numbe of tables from the internet pages (Some share price data and analyst estimates). My problem is that every so often the selceted tables ar de-selected and either no tables or random tables are pulled throug instead. I have not been able to write a macro to pull through just th selected tables. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there a way roun this. Example page imported would be: http://uk.finance.yahoo.com/q/ae?s=LLY Do a Data, Import External Data, New Web Query Tables selected are Company Name: Eli Lilly &...

Office update screwup
Word (Office OSX) has been getting buggy, so I went to MS site and downloaded the update. When I installed, it wants me to re-enter my CD key, which I have lost(along with the CD a couple of moves ago- the life of a student!) I never thought about this as I had a registered version and I thought it would just recognize that and just install the update. If I would have known, I could have jotted down the serial number before the upgrade. Is there some way I can access the serial number off my computer? (Is it still there?) I have lots of projects in the next little bit, and while I can ope...

Office 98 compatable with OS X
Will Office 98 work with OS X? or do I need to purchase a version of Office designed specifically for OS X? Thanks, Rick Office 98 will run fine in OS X's Classic mode. You may need to fine tune your print settings, but other settings should be fine. Make sure you've applied the applicable updates from MacTopia: http://www.microsoft.com/mac/downloads.aspx In article <801f01c47764$d2695590$a501280a@phx.gbl>, "Rick" <rk808@aol.com> wrote: > Will Office 98 work with OS X? or do I need to purchase a > version of Office designed specifically for OS...

Messages disappear from InBox after Reply
I am Using Outlook 2000 wuth Win XP Pro SP2. I don't believe I have changed any options but suddenly, after I have replied to an email, the original has disappeared from my InBox and I am unable to find it anywhere. This only happened suddenly last night In fact, I have just checked, and all messages which I had previously replied to have now gone from my Inbox. I feel it might be a viewing option but can't find any info in Help. Does anyone have any suggestions? Regards, Lewis When you reply to a messages its icon changes. I would guess you set the view on your Inbox to "...

Some users cannot have replied E-Mail activity? Why?
Hi, It is really strange, in our company, some users's replied e-mail activity will not be put into CRM system by that router. I tested everybody by my internet mailbox. But meanwhile, some other users without problem. Anybody know that? Thank you very much. Raymond From what I understand... if you reply using outlook - it will not go through the CRM router and be placed in CRM... you must reply outside of outlook.... (i.e. hotmail, external account)... I think there is a TK on this... "Raymond" <xin421@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:015d01c3dc66$e19ca420$a401...

Will upgrading office 2007 ( from office 2003).....outlook questio
cause my emails in outlook to be erased? Im not sure if the old version was outlook express. Does all that make a difference? I need to locate all my old emails. You allready have a thread on this subject Outlook and Outlook Express are completely different programs, each has their own individual msg store, which cannot be 'read' by the other. "Donnie" <Donnie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5DE8C6B1-FAF7-45E5-9F86-DCFE07EE14BE@microsoft.com... > cause my emails in outlook to be erased? Im not sure if the old version > was > outlook expr...

Required screen resolution for Office 2004
Hi, I have a first release iBook Clamshell that sadly only has an 800x600 screen resolution. Even more unfortunately, I was going through the Office 2004 sys requirements and found a 1028x768 res was needed. Since I *very* badly need Office, I was wanting to know if anybody has gotten working Office 2004 on an 800x600? Many thanks. Hi, there was a user who posted here some time ago, and he couldn't get Office 2004 to work properly as some dialogues, such as the Save dialogue, did not show up in their entirety on an 800x600 screen. Office v.X, Office 2004's predecessor, however, ...

Internet explorer keeps deleteing my cookies and temporary files
Every time I exit the browser it seems to be deleting all the information from when I was on ealier, and I haven't set it to delete my history until a week has passed. I need help finding out what the problem is since i can no longer stay logged in on my other sites and it id frustrating me. it also seems to be effecting my Xat.com data cause all of that information is gone as well. I really would like for someone to help me solve this since it is too much of a chore to have to re-sign in every time i close the browser. "Bulletxinn" <Bulletxinn@discussions.mic...

Office 97 to 2003: Excel: enter data w/fixed 2 decimal. 2000. be.
When I enter number "2000." I get 20.00 - yes, set decimals at 2 but earlier excel would accept change if you entered decimal with number. this is slowing down a budget prep and I'd sure like some help - online and tutorials say "enter decimal" but this is not working. what am I doing wrong? Hi Confirmed, until v ersion XP you could finish off with a decimal separator. This behavior changed with Excel 2003, I haven't seen any documentation on the reasons. "Enter decimal" is like 2000.0 which is just as many keystrokes as 200000 but slower. If you d...

Where can we go for real help?
Maybe I just don't understand. I've been using these newsgroups for a few years and more often then not I am disappointed with the results.... And those results are generally that after cursory responses, my posting is ignored. This is NOT a slam on anyone, and as I said, maybe I don't understand the role of Microsoft employees on these newsgroups... My latest posting about messages disappearing is an example. I research this on the web, msdn, AND this newsgroup before posting my message. I outlined in my message what I had tried (everything that was previously mention for ...

Can't go offline
Dear All, When I want to go offline by using crm for outlook, this error message always raise up. http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f381/organisme/Kerjoan/CRM/offlineError.jpg Any body knows what it might be wrong? please help. PS. I am using crm 4.0 My user role is system administrator. thank you. regards, Dolfi ...

I need to synchronize my palm contacts into Outlook
How do I synchronize Palm with Outlook. I have downloaded programs from Palm and Microsoft. When I use the import/export mode Outlooik says I hae to run setup. Can't figure how to do that. You need to provide a whole lot more detail than what you have provided. 1. Version of Outlook? 2. Palm OS version? 3. Have you installed Chapura PocketMirror for synching with Outlook? 4. Setup for what? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be...

excel-i want it to go to a certain cell when i 1st open the sheet
when i open a spreadsheet that i created, how do i get the cursor to go to the cell i want it to.. in this spreadsheet i will have to enter information in different columns and i want it to automatically go to the first cell under the first column. how can i do this? Hi Lindsey, I can think of two options off the top of my head: 1) Go to the cell, save and close. The next time you open the workbook, the active cell will be the same cell. 2) Use Excel Events. This requires programming Excel using VBA and when done properly can be extremely useful !!! The desired cell will always be t...

Try on these important package for Internet Explorer
--seonbsxvomn Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="zrlubilz"; type="multipart/alternative" --zrlubilz Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="uchsnlgakqbtqum" --uchsnlgakqbtqum Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "October 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which resolves all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express. Install now to help protect your computer from these vulnerabilities,...

Error on Internet Mail Wizard
I am trying to set up our (only) Exchange server to actually be our mail server. When I go throught the Internet Mail Wizard to set it up I get an error on stating that the selected server cannot be a brdgehead server. Do any of you have any ideas of what this error is? Randy =?Utf-8?B?UmFuZGFkZHl6?= <Randaddyz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in news:11D5D1E0-F546-42EA-893C-47FAB4D27F9C@microsoft.com: > I am trying to set up our (only) Exchange server to actually be our > mail server. When I go throught the Internet Mail Wizard to set it up > I get an error on stating th...

Using mso-application in Internet Explorer
Hi all, Based on this post: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=mso-application&hl=en&lr=&selm=6n%23mkFJREHA.3744%40cpmsftngxa10.phx.gbl&rnum=8 And by doing a bit of reverse engineering how InfoPath is doing it I manage to make my XML files opened in my App instead of the default XML editor by adding the <?mso-application progid="My.App"?> This works beautifully in Windows Explorer, but I can't get IE to work the same. I mean when you click a link to an InfoPath document in IE, it opens InfoPath, however if I click on a link to my App it renders it in ...

Autoresponder that isn't out of office
I want to set up email addresses that would automatically respond with something like "this is an unmonitored mailbox, for enquiries please email blah blah, etc" Note I don't want this to be an out of office autoreply, that implies an actual human exists for the account. Using Exchange 2003 You really don't want to do this. Automatically responding to every message invites mail loops. If you've never experienced a mail loop, they can be very destructive, and can bring down your server. If you understand the risks, and still want to do this, then you would need t...