Out of office in exchange server 5.5

Hello,

Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
than at the client's machine?  Because if the client's machine is off,
there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail
connector in exchange server 5.5.

Thank you
0
leo7802 (9)

See reply to your later post in here.

leo wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to set out of office reply on the email server rather
> than at the client's machine?  Because if the client's machine is off,
> there will not be any replies sent. I am using the internet mail
> connector in exchange server 5.5.
>
> Thank you

0
lanwench (7567)

Max clinet change to Cache mode per server
Hi, we have 2 Exchange 2003 a-p Cluster on Unisys ES7000 with 9000 mailboxes on each cluster. The Clients work with Outlook XP. We plan a Rollout of Outlook 2003 SP2 with activated Cache Mode. Our Offline Adressbook has abaout 10 MB and one Mailbox a average space of 35 MB. Now my question, how much client can rolled out parallel that the download of the mailbox content has only small impact to the Exchange Server performance ? Has anybody some experiences in this case Thank you Ingo ...

DDE Server does not free user objects on dual core CPUs
We have written a dde server in VC++ 6.0 using DDEML (called "server.exe" in the following text). When a dde client disconnects it sometimes happens that (probably due to timing problems?) the amount of user objects of the client as well as of the server.exe increases. As long as the server is running on single core CPU we could create a workaround by setting the thread priority of the server.exe to lowest priority. When we run the server.exe on hyperthreaded or dual core CPUs this workaround refuses to work. If hyperthreading is switched off, everthing works fine. When using ...

Exchange Freezes on SBS2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0028_01C50BDC.0B5F9010 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have a SBS2003 that has been operational for 6 months. Something is wrong and the whole mail system freezes up. Rebooting the Server seems to solve the problem for a day or two... This is one of the Event Viewer messages: An error occurred on database "First Storage Group\Mailbox Store = (xxxxx)". Function name or description of problem: Restrict/SetSearchCriteria Error: -1102 Warning: fa...

Junk E-Mail Lists Error in Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003
I have seen several people post about this error message that comes up in Outlook, but so far I haven't seen anyone respond. I am running an Exchange 2003 server with SP1 and my client is Outlook 2003. I installed IMF a few weeks ago, and it appears that this message started soon afterwards. I have now uninstalled IMF, but am still receiving the message. My end users are getting frustrated, as am I. There also appears to be an error in the IMF deployment guide about adding a registry key to increase the list size in Exchange. It states to "right click System", but there is n...

URLScan OWA 2003 Exchange
We are running a front end 2003 OWA server and I have followed the documentation for allowing OWA pages to be server but it does not work. I have even cut and pasted and actual .ini file from Microsoft. The furthest that I have got to the point of login but after that both left and right panes say Page not found. I would appreciate any ideas. Thx. AC I'd check out the urlscan log files to see if there is content being blocked by urlscan. The logs should be in the windir\system32\inetsrv\urlscan\logs. What do they say? Also, can you indicate which documentation you used? Are...

PibotTable(OLE server)
I'm using MS Access 2003 and doing homework about Pivottable. When I select Query that I would like to create Pivottable. There is a message shows" The connection with the OLE server was lost, or the OLE server encountered an error while you were using it. Restart the OLE server, and then try the operation again." I don't know what the OLE server is and how to restart? If you knows, please help Thanks On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 20:23:01 -0700, TT <TT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: Not sure exactly what happened, but your query likely included an "OLE Object"...

What firewall ports to open to manage server through ESM?
Hi, Got 2 Exchange 2003 servers (in separate RGs) which are connected via WAN and separated by Firewalls. What are the Firewall ports I need to open in order to manage the remote Exchange server, using a local ESM? TIA, Shel Shel: I don't know the answer, but why can't you use Remote Desktop Connection (port 3389) for this? From my experience, it is at least 10x faster than directly using ESM or ADUC and works great even over 56k dial-up to a VPN. Regards, Martin "Shel" <shel@msnews.forum.com> wrote in message news:OJlNgOwcEHA.1644@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > H...

Thank You #5
I would also like to thank Dick and Carl for their years of assistance to this newsgroup as well as the FAQ site. ...

I lost my Access (Office) 2003 disk
I have MS Office 2003 loaded on my computer, but someone stole all my program disks just over a year ago, and now I'm finding that things like the subform wizard doesn't load automatically with the program, but has to be loaded later from the program disk (I'm working out of some tutorial-type books for Access 2003). Is there some way of getting around this? Either just using Access workarounds, or is there some way of getting a hold of these (apparent) add-ins to the program, either on line or on disc? Thanks Rob, I answered your question in the Forms newsgroup, this morning. -...

2 questions about Exchange Server 2000
1. How, or where, do I find out where Service Pack level I have installed? I see that I downloaded SP3, but I can't tell if it was ever installed. 2. Clients have Outlook 2000. Inbox is open. Last message is selected. No new mail. Then, if you click on a different message, you get the "new mail has arrived..." message. It seems to only deliver new mail when you change messages. Any thoughts? 1. In Exchange System Manager, highlight the Servers container. It should show you all servers in the right pane along with their service pack level. 2. Sounds like something is b...

Importing Exchange Rates
We currently enter currency exchange rates manually into Dynamics GP9. Now we are looking for a FREE automated option. Someone suggested we use a RSS feed to get the info- we would then have to convert/prepare the data and use Integration Manager to import the info into GP (not sure yet how to automate all that). Has anyone else done this before or have any other suggestions? There is a sample Exchange Rate integration in Integration Manager. You should review the source file and destination mapping details in this integration to gain a sense of what data will be required for the ...

distribution group / delivery report exchange 2003
an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation is sending an email to a distribution list, but he never receive a delivery report global config, message format for domain * (is ok) [x] delivery report [x] non delivery report "Ronald" <rasch@ltsa.de> wrote: >an originator from outside my exchange 2003 organisation >is sending an email to a distribution list, >but he never receive a delivery report Did he request one? -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...

Non responsive MTA on Exchange 5.5
Hello, I got the following problem: The MTA on an Exchange 5.5 box is for some reason not responding anylonger to a STOP service (probably due to a corrupted message in the queue). I want to have the least downtime possible and wanna run an MTACHECK asap. Two solutions available: -reboot the server (stopping the MTA doesn't work using the regular ways) -kill the MTA process using the KILL.EXE tool. It seems to me that killing the MTA process would be faster that having to restart the whole server. Moreover users can still access their mailboxes even though the MTA is running amok. ...

5.6.3 error
We have a monitoring program sending us daily reports for all our servers. It's been running fine until we just hit a "magic" numbers of how many servers we monitor. The email sent is in xml format, including 3 .png images per server, so I guess we just passed 250 in total images, which are considered attachments. How can I up the number of allowed attachments in Exchange? Can't find this setting anywhere...! TIA!! / Per Wouldn't it be better to put that stuff up on a web page? I've never heard of such a limit; you must really be pushing the envelope. You...

Microsoft CRM Exchange
From previous listings I came across the fact that the email router or Microsoft CRM Exchange Connector sends and receives emails to and from CRM. Also that we can receive an email in outlook then click the Promote E-mail to CRM Activity button to move it into crm. Where is this button located. Should I be working on the server where CRM is installed to get this working? You will only have the Promote button if you have installed Sales For Outlook (or a third part add-in) This will be on the client pc, not (definitely not!) the server "Gautam" <gautam@fivepoints.net>...

Some Messages Don't Download from Server
I've upgraded to Outlook 2003. Lately, it seems that some of the messages on my earthlink server are not downloaded when I use Send/Receive. There seems to be pattern as to which messages are downloaded and which remain on the server. Anybody got any ideas how to fix this? ...

Uninstalling Office 2003 Service Pack 2
I have installed the Service Pack 2 for Office 2003 and have decided that it causes too many problems with Outlook 2003. For example, it sees certain emails as "Junk Mail" and (evidently) believes them to be "phishing". Even after placing these emails in my Inbox and adding the sender to the white list, it refused to allow me to open links from any web page link within the email. I understand that I cannot simply uninstall Service Pack 2, that I must install Office 2003 and then reinstall, without, of course, reinstalling the Service Pack. But if I do that, I wonder...

Outloook asks for old exchange server
A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003. Now I have a couple of users that are getting the cancel request box. I created another profile in outlook but it still does the same thing. Do or should I remove all profiles and start a new one from scratch? Any ideas are much appreciated. Delete the old profile and start anew. If this problem recurs, post your question to an Exchange group as I seem to recall there is something in Exchange that you can configure. "Aaron" wrote: > A couple of months ago we did a migration from exchange 5.5 to...

CDateTimeCtrl #5
How do I allow a user to blank out a date when a date has already been entered into it and saved? "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uJQQYzHiDHA.2420@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > How do I allow a user to blank out a date when a date has already been > entered into it and saved? See if this kb article helps at all... http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;238077 Jeff... ...

SQL Server hardware requirements
What are the suggested requirements for hardware, especially hard drives for the SQL Server databases??? www.microsoft.com/sql/ "JHFVigeant" <JHFVigeant@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5FA4005D-130D-4B40-98FB-470BA8DFFB59@microsoft.com... > What are the suggested requirements for hardware, especially hard drives for > the SQL Server databases??? > ...

Moving mailboxes to another server
Hi, We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server. I just built a Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. When I "right mouse" click on the mailboxes in the Exchange system Manager on the Exchange 2000 system, it does not have the option for "exchange tasks" to move the mailboxes to the new exchange 2003 server. It does give me the option in "AD". It's a slower process to move it through AD. Any thoughts to add the feature in the Exchange 2000 system manager? Mitch On Mon, 16 May 2005 09:30:11 -0700, "mitch" <mitch@discussions.micr...

SBS2003 + Terminal Server clients unexpected behaviour
Hi, I know this isn't an SBS issue per se but just wondered if anyone here had any idea as to how I could solve this or could perhaps point me to a more relevant forum. We have two Windows Server 2003 Terminal Server's in our office for workers in a branch office to access an application at head office where there is an SBS 2003 based network. Both Terminal Servers were working fine up until very recently. Now on one of them when a user goes into out company accounts/management package and clicks on a template, which I think uses some kind of document automati...

OS 8.6 Office '98 no "File/Save" in Word
OS 8.6 Office '98 All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed out, it just is NOT there at all. The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't work. In article <cf47e17c.0409130841.490a65f9@posting.google.com>, jmorse@premier1.net (James Morse) wrote: > OS 8.6 Office '98 > > All of the sudden, there is no "File/Save" in Word. Not that is grayed > out, it just is NOT there at all. > > The first time this happened, a reboot got it back, now that doesn't > work. Choose Tools/Cus...

Out of Office #7
When I try to open the Out of Office Assistant I get a message stating THE COMMAND IS UNAVAILABLE. SEE THE PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION ABOUT HOW TO USE THIS EXTENSION. I have the same issue. Are you using an exchange server and is Office XP fully installed on your PC? >-----Original Message----- >When I try to open the Out of Office Assistant I get a >message stating THE COMMAND IS UNAVAILABLE. SEE THE >PROGRAM DOCUMENTATION ABOUT HOW TO USE THIS EXTENSION. >. > The Out of Office Assistant is only available if you are using an Exchange server on the back end as this ...

Exchange 2003 EE not using RAM in computer
I have noticed a couple posts over time in this forum regarding store.exe not using the RAM in a machine. I cannot seem to reply to old posts, so here is my problem. The store.exe (Ex2k3 EE, SP2 on Win2k std. SP1) does not use over 1GB. The server has 4GB of RAM but only 2GB ever is used according to taskmgr, with the store.exe taking almost exactly 1GB. I have the correctly configured boot.ini, but not sure where to go from here. There is only one exchange info store that is around 25GB.... The server is Windows 2003 Std. SP1, not win2k as indicated above...typo, sorry... Jeffrey Read th...