Out of office assistant & RPC >HTTP

I am having a problem on one Excahnge 2003 SP1 server & Outlook 2003 where
the out of office assistant will tell users that they need to be "online" to
use the out of office assistant.  The user is connected and can send /
receive email.  If the user logs in via OWA they can use the out of office
assistant. The problem does not affect users when they are in-house.  Only
when outside the network using RPC > HTTP in cached mode.

We have a separate FE server, problem only affects users on a single server,
we have 4 separate servers, all patches and updates installed.  Problem does
not appear to occur if we turn of Outlook cached mode.

Any Ideas?

0
Jstahl (2)

Report a bug in Office Word 2010?
I'm very grateful to use Office Beta 2010. Where can I report a Word bug? I noticed a bug while composing. With a busy two page document, scrolling between pages, the last line, which should be on the next page appears, and can not be used, confusing until I see the identical line on the next page. Symtoms: Can use mouse functions on the ghost line, nothing happens, but the highlight appears on the other line. Times New Font size 12, Zoom 100% Solution: Save the document. Scroll to test. Problem disappears. Office 2010 Beta Forums: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/F...

Installation of Office Prof 2007 and missing rosebud file?
I am trying to install Office 2007 on XP and during the installation process get the following error message: Setup cannot find Rosebud.en-us\RosebudMUI.msi. Browse to a valid installation source ... I am not sure where to find this file and had assumed that whatever I needed was included on the installation disk. I checked another pc I am using with Office 2007 and don't seem to have this file on there either. What should I do next? ...

office 2007 doesn't create new default setting
Office 2007 on XP Pro - trying to change default fonts when printing envelopes - mailing -> envelopes -> highlight and rt click on displayed font -> FONT ->select features ->select Default prints properly for this envelope but the next envelope has reverted to original font etc. Thoughts? ...

Spamkiller vs. Office 3000 junk mail filtering
I have Spamkiller by McAfee and Office 3000 junk mail filtering. Which one is better? If it's McAfee, how is junk mail filtering turned off. I prefer SpamBayes - and to turn off McAfee, ask McAfee. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After furious head scratching, hookemhorns asked: | I have Spamkiller by McAfee and Office 3000 junk mail filtering. | Which one is better? If it's McAfee, how is junk mail filtering | turned off. Only yo...

Need Assist with Macro
I want to import manual PM checks. Since IM v10 no longer has a direct-to-table adapter (thanks, MS :)), I would like create a mail merge macro for the task. I am having trouble with the Apply Payables Document window and the "need" to specify the line number (i.e. MoveTo line 2, TypeTo line 2, etc.). Anyone know how to get around having to specify the line number? This is the test macro I have thus far which works with TWO. Thanks in advance. # DEXVERSION=10.0.320.0 2 2 CheckActiveWin dictionary 'default' form 'PM_Manual_Payments' window 'PM_Manual...

office mac
I got a real problem right here.. I installed microsoft office on my new iMac, The first time something went wrong so I installed it the second time and so I had double programs on my computer.. I threw all of that away and installed office again.. but now my microsoft entourage doesn't work and if I open word/excel etc. it gives me the message: there is a fault in loading of the framework library.. can someone please help me?? thank you Your iMac came with a Test Drive version of Office 2004, and I suppose you didn't remove that one in the first place. You'd better uninstall Off...

Outlook 2000
I am running Outlook 2000 SP3 on a Windows 2000 PC with SP4. I have ran the office 2000 updates and security patches as well. My E-Mail server is Exchange 2000 SP3. When I send an email to a user who is not in the office and he has his "Out of Office" on, I do not get a reply internally. I can access his mailbox and see he did receive the email but I do not get the reply. I also set up a rule using the templates provided and had his "Out of Office" assistant off and still did not receive the reply. I have checked the PC and have had other users send an e-mail and ...

OL 2003 with latest Office Update for Junk Mail
Yesterday I downloaded the latest automatic update for Outlook 2003 pertaining to Junk Mail filtering. Prior to the update, using Cached Exchange Mode and a HIGH junk Mail filter setting, OL caught virtually 100% of the spam. Now, it catches significantly less. What gives MS? Not sure... but FWIW, others noticed the same thing. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent posts to the Outloo...

how do I set up an out of office message using a cogeco server
Can someone please tell me if this is possible and if so how to do it? Signed frustrated. Ask your ISP if it is possible. Heather29 wrote: > Can someone please tell me if this is possible and if so how to do it? Signed > frustrated. You can create a rule to do this in Outlook, but then you have to leave Outlook running for it to work. Alternatively, log into your Cogeco webmail and see if you can set an out of office message online. "Heather29" <Heather29@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D416D9CF-52DB-414A-8E6E-D3FB04FD87FD@microsoft....

earlier versions of office compatibility with windows 7
Is Office Pro 2003 compatible with windows 7 yes "Kevin Kyle" <Kevin Kyle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9ABBE42-5BE6-493D-BAB5-85B28FCFD975@microsoft.com... > Is Office Pro 2003 compatible with windows 7 ...

Office XP Mail Merge Spacing
I am using Office XP mail merge to send envelops. The merge shows about twenty spaces between the first and last name (about one inch or mare apart). I am using an Excel spread sheet for the source address names. How do I get the first and last name closer together? One way would be to concatenate the First and Last names in Excel. Or perhaps you have spaces after the First name in the Excel file (use Find\Replace to remove) windrider wrote: > I am using Office XP mail merge to send envelops. The merge shows about > twenty spaces between the first and last name (about...

Can both office 2007 and office 2003 operate at the same time
I just want to use both office 2007 and office 2003 while I am getting use to office 2007. Is it possible to run both on one computer? Is it possible? Yes. Is it a good idea? No. (And Microsoft recommends against it.) You are asking for configuration problems now and in the future. Unless you are interested in dual-booting or a virtual environment - and honestly, why bother - the wisest course of action is to take advantage of the enormous amount of instructional material available on the web. The 'old fashioned' method - a book - also works well. Besides, everyone...

question on rpc over http
Hi, I have front-end/back-end server setup, I want to use rpc over http and I have an ISA server. Do I publish the font-end server or the back-end server thru the ISA server? Thanks On Wed, 11 May 2005 09:27:25 -0700, "billd" <billd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi, I have front-end/back-end server setup, I want to use rpc over http and I >have an ISA server. Do I publish the font-end server or the back-end server >thru the ISA server? > >Thanks You publish the FE. What version are you using (of ISA)? 2003 as far as i know. thanks "Mark Arno...

HTTP Access problem
My config is W2K3 domain, DC+SQL Server and Server for CRM and Exchange I can access CRM from localhost on the CRM server but it is impossible to access it from another station on same domain, same LAN with a CRM valid user ? The CRM server ask for a login and refuses the domain\user account that it should allowed. Running RDP is OK . It was working perfectly one month ago Anybody have an idea what could have been changed. Many thanks. ------=_NextPart_0001_360B5FB6 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, Thanks a lot for your CRM question. In order to better tro...

Out of Office assistance #3
I have enable the "Out of Office Assiantance" in Ms Outlook 2003. It works fine when internal user send email to me. But it is not working when external user sent email to me (no auto reply to external sender). What could be the causes? The exchange server has out of office replies to the internet disabled. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchan...

F1 and Office 2007
I bought a new HP Pavillion using Windows 7. My Help files in Office 2007 are now written in code. F1 ceases to exist. In addition, I have to load ALL of Microsoft's updates by hand. They do not like to be downloaded automatically although they are suggested daily AND REJECTED daily. I am not enjoying my new computer or Windows 7 very much. Thank you so much for letting me share. How about paying for my therapy? -- Living large in So Cal You don't have an Office problem, you have a Win problem "Laurie" <Laurie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

Default ink settings Office 2007
Does anyone know how to set the default ink settings in Office 2007 (particularly word 07)? As an example, I prefer ballpoint pen with green rather than red marker. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! ...

Office Mac 2008 home version
Version: 2008 Processor: Intel Have Office Mac 2008 home program disk. Will not open window to install when disk inserted into laptop. Dell Windows Vista laptop 1525. Well, no sarcasm or insult intended, but why would you expect it to? Office *Mac* 2008 is for the Macintosh OS X operating system on Macintosh computers & can't be used with the Windows operating system. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 5/31/09 4:18 PM, in article 59b759df.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw, "joycekay@officeformac.com" <joycekay@officeformac.com> wrote: > Version: 2008 >...

Office won't validate!
Unable to validate? Any ideas? Diagnostic Report (1.9.0011.0): ----------------------------------------- WGA Data--> Validation Status: Genuine Validation Code: 0 Cached Validation Code: N/A Windows Product Key: *****-*****-6PWD9-Y4FF6-44DJB Windows Product Key Hash: l+bEZRyUIDcCQ4L9tzxQDqM/I34= Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2216082-97928 Windows Product ID Type: 3 Windows License Type: OEM System Builder Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro ID: {A7E781AA-F9B0-4ACD-88DC-95375F96CFFC}(3) Is Admin: Yes TestCab: 0x0 WGA Version: Registered, 1.9.40.0 Signed By: M...

outlook office
how di i go straight to hotmail inbox on application? hotmail? in Office? pay them some money, I suppose. It was called Hotmail Plus at some point. Who knows now. "kedjiahn" <kedjiahn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:12164B8A-1814-4857-BCEA-F300C108FEF5@microsoft.com... > how di i go straight to hotmail inbox on application? ...

"Requesting Data" Exchange 2000 box on LAN, not black hole, not RPC-ideas?
I have an Exchange 2000 Server with 25 users on LAN hitting it. Several times per day I get the "Requesting Data" for upwards of 2-3 minutes. When one person gets it, others do, too. Flares up more early morning and in afternoon (?) I have ruled out "black hole" router. I have changed RPC binding order so that only TCP/IP is being used (registry ncacn_tcp thing). I am keeping logs--everything is fine for a while then all of a sudden the server craps out and starts waiting for who knows what and my users are dead in the water. Please does anyone have any other ideas I c...

Nothing in Office will open
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello, <br><br>We have 2 MacBook Pros in our household with mine purchased this summer (mine is 10.5.8). I successfully installed (and used in the past) Office for Mac 2008 on my laptop. The software was purchased and is installed/used on the 1st MacBook. (We were told at Apple that we can share the software.) <br> Anyway, suddenly neither of us can open anything in Office on our individual laptops. I cannot open documents or any Office application. When I try from my Office folder on the bottom ri...

Configuring Outlook 2003 using HTTP and RPC
I have put together a step by step instruction of setting up the outlook client to use Internet and HTTP-RPC. This removes the VPN stack in between. Do take a look http://vivek.sanchivi.com/annoyances/outlook-http/ ...

Outlook XP Out Office Not Available
When I click on the Out of Office assitant it says "This command is not available. See program documentation for assistance with how to use this feature" I used it last week, it was fine. No updates or service packs applied since. Any ideas? Rikk What happens if you remove and then reinstall the Exchange Extensions? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding n...

sync aol/imapp and hotmail/http to outlook
how do i sync aol/imapp and hotmail/http e mail accounts to go to outlook so that i can read them in one place? -- Mr. C Not sure what you mean by sync - outlook can check AOL mail but only hotmail if you have a paid account. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Author, Google and Other Search Engines (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com Join OneNote Tips mailing list: http://www.onenot...