Out of Office Assistant not working

I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he left
on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone.

We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4.  The client is Outlook
2000 SR-1.

On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him.  He
doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no delegates
setup in his Outlook client, either.

Can anyone offer any help on this?

Thanks.

On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:06:48 -0800, "Mark Z" <mzuchlewsk@dol.wa.gov>
wrote:

>I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he left
>on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone.
>
>We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4.  The client is Outlook
>2000 SR-1.
>
>On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him.  He
>doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no delegates
>setup in his Outlook client, either.
>
>Can anyone offer any help on this?
>
>Thanks.

The default setting in the Exchange 5.5 IMC connector is to "Disable
Out of Office responses to the Internet"  (IMC | Internet Mail |
Advanced)  Internal users should still be getting them.

If you're going to enable this setting, remember that all mail gets
replied to, Spam included.  The return address will lilkely be forged,
but they could also be real and tracking replies which would get the
sender on the short list of real, valid e-mail address which begets
even more Spam.

I also remember something about it being a security risk.  Maybe
somebody else could elaborate further?
0
slambram (3)
11/26/2003 8:04:34 PM
The setting is only set for internal users, not external.  It is just one
user that is having the problem, not my entire orginization.
"Slambram" <slambram@getridofthis.slambram.com> wrote in message
> On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 11:06:48 -0800, "Mark Z" <mzuchlewsk@dol.wa.gov>
> wrote:
>
> >I have a user in my company who set up an Out of Office reply before he
left
> >on vacation, but the reply is not going out to anyone.
> >
> >We are using Exchange 5.5 SP4 on Windows 2000 SP4.  The client is Outlook
> >2000 SR-1.
> >
> >On the server side, there are no alternate recipients assigned to him.
He
> >doesn't have any rules set up in his Rules Wizard, and he has no
delegates
> >setup in his Outlook client, either.
> >
> >Can anyone offer any help on this?
> >
> >Thanks.
> >

> The default setting in the Exchange 5.5 IMC connector is to "Disable
> Out of Office responses to the Internet"  (IMC | Internet Mail |
> Advanced)  Internal users should still be getting them.
>
> If you're going to enable this setting, remember that all mail gets
> replied to, Spam included.  The return address will lilkely be forged,
> but they could also be real and tracking replies which would get the
> sender on the short list of real, valid e-mail address which begets
> even more Spam.
>
> I also remember something about it being a security risk.  Maybe
> somebody else could elaborate further?

Office Tools in 2010
I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools quite often. Are they included in any version of 2010? Thank you. Some are. Which specific tools are you looking for? -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com http://www.officeforlawyers.com/outlook.htm Author: The Lawyer's Guide to Microsoft Outlook 2007: http://tinyurl.com/ol4law-amazon "JJG" <not@anwhere.com> wrote in message news:ODvL4$76KHA.5708@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > I use Office 2003 and am accustomed to reaching for Office Tools ...

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Auto complete in Excel (Office) 2003
Is it possible to increase the *memory* of autocomplete?? I notice in the columns that excel will attempt to autocomplete if the text has been used in the last 100 or so cells (i think). What I would like is it to attempt to remember , say, 500 cells back. Is this possible?? Have I explained myself well enough? :-) Cheers Bob Check http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=219730 fo possible solution -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

OWA Exch 2003 Not Working
I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to do http://127.0.0.1/Exchange and also http://servername/Exchange and I get the same message. Did OWA not install right. On 14 Mar, 13:01, Jeff <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I am running Windows 2003 with Exchange 2003. I am trying to acces OWA and > when I do, it says that the page is under maintenance. I have tried to dohttp://127.0.0.1/Exchangeand alsohttp://servername/Exchangeand I get the > same message. Did OWA no...

Connect/work offline/cancel message
In outlook 2003 connecting to SBS/Exchange 2003 server, get message: Exchange is currently in recovery mode you can connect, work offline, or cancel. This is only happening in a few computers on the network after implementing SBS 2003 with Outlook and Exchange 2003. ...

Moving from Home & Student to Full version of Office
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I need Exchange support and therefore I am planning to buy the Full version of MS Office 2008 for Mac. I already purchased and installed (and have been using) MS Office 2008 Home & Student edition. My questions are: 1. Should I uninstall the Home & Student edition before installing the Full version? (I assume so). 2. How do I make sure that the data I have already created in Office 2008 Home & Student edition will be available to me after installing the Full version? In particular, how do I make sure that ...

A first look at the new Office Snapin for MSCRM
http://blogs.msdn.com/jstraumann -- John [MSFT] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Use of any included script or code samples are subject to the terms specified at http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.htm. ...

Adding an "I'm out of the Office" Message
Re Outlook Express. I can't find anywhere on the index about how to send one of those "I will be out of the office from July blah blah to August blah blah." Anyone help, please? thanks-- Richard Hi - This is a group to support Outlook from the Office group of programs. Outlook Express is a part of Internet Explorer and is a quite different program, despite its similar name.. You will probably get a faster and more expert answer if you post this to an Outlook Express news group. Try posting in one of these newsgroups: microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie5.outlookexp...

Color not working
I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am no longer able to format my cells with colors, either shading or text coloring. I have run the repair feature, but it didn't work. Bold, Underline, and similar functions still work. Please help. Thanks. CC Have a look at this: Changes to Fill Color and Fill Pattern Are Not Displayed http://support.microsoft.com/?id=320531 Biff >-----Original Message----- >I am operating Windows 2000, using Office Pro 2003. I am >no longer able to format my cells with colors, either >shading or text coloring....

How do text capture tools work?
Here are two examples of this technology. http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html http://www.deskperience.com/textcapture/ Sounds like they will have to involve OCR, which works fine for standard fonts but probably won't work with fancy fonts. Key here is to test them try a static control with a TextOut and change the fonts and see what happens. joe On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 15:02:04 -0500, "Peter Olcott" <NoSpam@SeeScreen.com> wrote: >Here are two examples of this technology. > > http://www.textcapture.com/en/default.html > http://www.deskp...

Office 207 One Note
My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just disappeared. I'm not sure but none of the other pages look the same. Does anyone have any idea what might have happened? Have had no other computer problems recently. -- Rockymtnwoman -------- Original-Nachricht -------- > My One Note has been working fine for at least 2 years. Then a couple of days > ago two pages of my most important information in my main workbook just > disappeared. > I'm not sure b...

Remote Wipe Out Work with Treo 650?
Debating whether to get the Treo 650's with the ActiveSync built in vs. the PPC-6700 (both from Sprint) for our marketing reps here. Treo's are appealing due to how cheap they are now, and with the ActiveSync looks like you can sync up with xng2k3 sp2 (which we are implementing now). ActiveSync aside, can the Treo's be remotely wiped out with the Mobility Tool in xng2k3? Or is this feature only compatible with Windows Mobile OS? Anyone? Thx! No it can't. Remote wipe will only work with Windows mobile 5.0 devices with AKU 2.0 (formerly MSFP). Treo 650 is Palm OS. -- Be...

Online Quotes don't work anymore
Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS Money 2001 standard. Any clues? There was a glitch for a bit that seems to be cleared up now... "Robert" <bob@flythrough.com> wrote in message news:069d01c357ca$e4ccc060$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS > Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >-----Original Message----- >Online quotes stopped working yesterday. I'm using MS >Money 2001 standard. Any clues? >. >I have the same issue. It worked the first time but not since. Big problem for m...

Language Support for all Office 2000 programs
Maybe I'm not looking in the right places, but I'm not finding any language support downloads for Office 2000. Does anyone have a specific link to send me to, so that I can do this? I have important documents that I have to print, but I recently got a new PC with 64-bit Vista. I loaded my 200 Office Suite on the PC, but it no longer is supporting the foreign language that I have throughout my documents. I just get block shapes instead. I need help. Thanks. Start here Deploying Office 2000 with Additional Language Resources http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/ork2000/HA011383...

delegate email still not working
for exch 2003 on outlook 2003 newly supporting the above, i did not set up the initial install i created a new user with ad wizard, so it created email account, mailbox, etc i opened up a mail account for the new user in outlook express and was able to receive mail in oe for the new user, then i deleted that acct in outlook express then i added that new user account to an exisiting outlook2003 already connected to another exch mailbox, in the advanced add user section, that newly added delegate user has all permissions the outlook directory tree added the new user mailbox and exch accepted...

Autofilter on protected work book?
Autofilter works on a protected workbook, but not when it is a line in a macro, e.g.: Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="YES" It cause a macro error. This is true even if I enable 'Allow all user of the workbook to Use Autofilter'. I'm sure I've done this before and it worked, but not now. Does anyone know if this is a bug in 2003? Or a way around it? Or another way of selecting a number of rows by a single criterion (in a macro)? Good morning Muppet Does this article help? http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter03.html#Protect HTH DominicB -- ...

get rid of extra spaces between paragraphs worked only once.
Changed style from Word 7 to Word 3, used help online, but still have 2 left with spaces I cannot get rid of on my last page. Got any help for me? -- Only fools and bigots prefer French over Spanish to be taught in public or private schools. In the Styles pane (Ctrl+Alt+Shift+S), right-click the style name and choose Modify from the context menu. In the Modify Style dialog box, click Format, Paragraph. Make sure that Line Spacing is what you want, and that Spacing Before and Spacing After are both set to zero. Click OK. To transfer the style definition to the attached template, d...

Office 2007 on Windows 7
I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I install Office 2007 without any propblems? Answered your first posting. apensa wrote: > I just purchased a new laptop with Windows 7. I also purchased Office 2007 > but I notice that Windows 7 is not shown on the Office package. Can I > install Office 2007 without any propblems? ...

AutoPreview works intermittently
Outlook 2002 SP2 Affected Inbox is connecting to an IMAP server AutoPreview set to 'Preview unread items' I am an IT technitian and I have a user who likes to have her unread mail items in her Inbox to use the AutoPreview feature. At one point I went to View/Current View/Customize Current View.../Other settings... and chose 'No AutoPreview' option. I recently restored the 'Preview unread items' option. Now, an email will only AutoPreview if: I manually mark a read email as unread (right clicking on email and choosing 'Mark As Unread') or: right clic...

Multiple Sales Transaction for Same Work Order
I am in the process of trying to create a store level report by department, catagory, and item of the moneys received in total by both deposit on work orders and on direct sales that are not work orders. We require a 100% deposit (of a single tender type) on work orders. I then need to break this deposit down by department, catagory and item. Then I must add that to the same break down for direct sales. Thereby getting a total of all moneys received during a specified period for the store across all registers. So basically I am trying to figure out the data structure and org...

Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I stopped working
Using Office 2003 on Win XP SP2. Recently the Keyboard shortcut CTRL+SHIFT+I stopped working for quickly switch to your Inbox. Any advice? John ...

my vista media player stoped working!!
I can not find a download fix that works do I have to reinstall vista if so that sucks bad On Sun, 21 Mar 2010 10:29:01 -0700, mainman <mainman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I can not find a download fix that works do I have to reinstall vista if so >that sucks bad It's only going to be possible to help you if you can provide a specific description of what "stopped working" means - and step by step we could follow to guess what the problem area(s) might be. Try to isolate it for example by playing a CD (can you hear it ?), playing some music ...