Out of office assistant/auto replies

I was wondering if it was possible to set an out of office/auto reply for all
exchange user accounts through the exchange server.  When our office shuts
down unexpectedly, I'd like to be able to set everyone's exchange accounts up
to send out automated responses that our office is closed - however, I don't
want to have every user do this themselves.  Is that possible?

Thanks!
0
cmccoury (1)

Not natively.

I don't even know of any 3rd party products that would allow you to do that.
Best I can think of is some custom event sink that would shoot a message
back to the sender after it was received.

"cmccoury" <cmccoury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I was wondering if it was possible to set an out of office/auto reply for
all
> exchange user accounts through the exchange server.  When our office shuts
> down unexpectedly, I'd like to be able to set everyone's exchange accounts
up
> to send out automated responses that our office is closed - however, I
don't
> want to have every user do this themselves.  Is that possible?
>
> Thanks!

0
tfelts (292)
12/9/2005 4:55:03 AM
It is possible, but you'll need 3rd party software to do it (or develop your
own, etc).

Check out http://www.symprex.com/products/oom/ as one possible option.

--
Neil Hobson
Exchange MVP

For Exchange news, links, and tips, check:
http://www.msexchangeblog.com

"cmccoury" <cmccoury@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I was wondering if it was possible to set an out of office/auto reply for
>all
> exchange user accounts through the exchange server.  When our office shuts
> down unexpectedly, I'd like to be able to set everyone's exchange accounts
> up
> to send out automated responses that our office is closed - however, I
> don't
> want to have every user do this themselves.  Is that possible?
>
> Thanks!

0
neil.hobson (1158)

Converting Microsoft Office 2003 Trial into a full version
I have bought a Sony Vaio PCG-GRT360ZG notebook with installed Microsoft Office 2003. I registered Microsoft Office 2003 trial version. Now I am trying to convert it into a full version. Unfortunately I am getting message that my product key (from Certificate of Authenticity) is invalid. My trial version expires in Jan 2005. What should I do ? My product key from Certificate of Authenticity label is : J8FHJ-Q6BJM-G6PVD-FWM2B-PW6J8. Thank you very much Peter. ...

All office apps close without warning
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel Hello, I just bought Office 2008 for Mac, and although I love this new version, every application (Word, Excel, etc) close on me (due to an unexpected error) constantly while I'm trying to use them. It results in a loss of data, and has become extremely frustrating for me, since I rely on these apps. I got the newest update to work (12.1.17), but it does NOT clear up the problem. I bought the student license for Office 2008 at my university bookstore, so it is a one-time installation (re-installation is not an option)...

HELP with Office 2004 not loading after installing Adobe Acrobat 7.
Hi, Word, Excel and Powerpoint won�t launch anymore after installing Adobe Acrobat 7. I checked on office/startup and the three folders are empty. All I get is window telling me that app couldn�t launch.. Error reporting. Is there a way to fix this? I don�t want to reinstall OSX. I have uninstalled and reinstalled Office several times to no avail. Entourage launches fine. Thanks, AJ There are troubleshooting techniques linked from this page, work through them: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/ see General Troubleshooting and Troubleshooting for Office 2004 If they get to the splash sc...

i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic?
i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to work Office basic? Standard Edition? Small Business Edition? Small Business Management Edition? IRM? Information Resource Management? "Oola" <Oola@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B52FCE24-0C62-4D47-9F0B-548290487BEE@microsoft.com... >i have office basic 2003,does IRM work with basic? and how do i get it to >work Information Rights Management depends on having a Windows 2003 server with the IRM bits installed. Since Office Basic comes with OEM computers, I will presume tha...

Auto Calculate Monthly Time Pace
I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form. I want this to change every day automatically. Example: Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87% if today was 2/17/10 it would need to show 17/28 or 61%, 12/20/10 would be 20/31 or 65%, and so on for each day throughout 2010 (12/20/10 would be 65%) Is there a formula or function to do this? Thanks! Heather "HeatherJ" wrote: > I need to show how far into a month we are at any given time in % form. [....] > Today is day 27 of 31 days in January - 87% One way: =day(today()) / ...

best way to connect a brach office
What is the best way to connect to a branch office say of 10 users to the main server .. In addition the branch office wants all outlook email functionaliy... is it going to be the laptop client assigned to each user, which means every branch user nees to sync individually ?!?!?!? ? i hope not.. Please advise.. ...

Running Office 2001 on Mac OS 10.2, help
This might be a dumb question, but I don't want to screw things up. I was running Mac OS 9.0.4 and I downloaded OS 9.1, 9.1.2, 9.2.2 and then the new 10.2. However, all my software is still in the 9.1 classic. I want to use it all in the new OS 10.2. Will Office 2001 Academic Edition work in OS 10.2? Do I need to uninstall it in OS 9.1 first, then install it is OS 10.2? Or, can I just drag and drop it on the 10.2 desktop or in the applications folder? I have a lot of other expensive softwares in OS 9.1 that I don't want to have to upgrade, but need to be able to use in OS 10.2. Wi...

can't reply or can't create
I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. The "Reply" "new" "forword" and "reply all" button are dead. I can't highlight those button. Does anyone has any problme of this? Plez let me know <mmdir2002@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:1106036722.098189.74470@c13g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > > I have Outlook 6.0 in my Windows 2000 computer. > I can't reply or create new message but I can read the message. > The "Reply" "new" "f...

cannot send or reply to a certain email address
I have one person who I cannot send or reply to their email. I can receive email from them. I have deleted their contact info and re-entered. I have tried emailing without using contact, just typing address in. I can, however, get on my email server and send/reply to them just fine. Error is that their email is not a valid email address. Thanks for your help! Are you sure the address is valid? Type it in the To field so you are sure there isn't any extra characters in it. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 200...

can't see text in any office files anymore
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel on my macbookpro: can't see text in any office files anymore (word, powerpoint, excel). only when using preview function from OSX. <br> what's wrong??? <br> do I have to re-install the all suite? any quick fix? ...

Office X 'clean' reinstall: delete all old files?
I'm about to try installing the latest bug-fix collection, sorry. "security update" for Office X, 10.1.6. I'm hoping it might reduce the frequency of Word's charming crashes. Who knows, I might get lucky and it'll even fix the completely messed up 'contact' feature in Word that is grayed out most of the time, but when it decides to work, will only list the 'A's' from my address book. Just useless. Anyway, back to the plot: since my Office X is so bent out of shape, I figure I'll do a 'clean install' from the original disk first, then...

How to uninstall Outlook 2000 from Office 2000
I have installed MS Office on my PC but would now like to uninstall Outlook only from that installation . I know this can be done using the Installation CD but have forgotten just exactly how to go about it . Can anyone refresh my memory in this, please ? victory@iol.ie wrote: > I have installed MS Office on my PC but would now like to uninstall > Outlook only from that installation . > > I know this can be done using the Installation CD but have forgotten > just exactly how to go about it . > > Can anyone refresh my memory in this, please ? Add/R...

Restoring auto-archive properties
I have set up my archive folders to archive each sub-folder of my inbox separately. I have since found this too convoluted to search for items and i wish to restore the default settings so that, my inbox and its subfolders now appear as a subfolder of the Archive folders drop down. How can i do this without losing any of my previous data/e-mails? Simply change the settings and move over any item that you want to be somewhere else now. If this results in multiple empty pst-file, then you can disconnect those via; File-> Data File Management... -- Robert Sparnaaij [MV...

error 1606 office 2007
When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: Error 1606.Could not access network location :. can somebody help me? > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ install office 2007, i get the message: > Error 1606.Could not access network location :. > > can somebody help me? This is the wrong newsgroup for such issues -- Mike GoTinker, C# Blog http://www.gotinker.com "Roy" <Roy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA257E02-AA9F-47C2-934F-FC4E30986616@microsoft.com... > When i want to reinstal/ remove/ ins...

Inserting text closing or begining salutations in Office 2007
hi. I am starting to get to grips with Office 2007. I like the program and it's changes, but I am struggling to find some of the items I used to use in the previous version. For instance, how do I add closing and opening salutations such as "yours sincerily" or "dear sir" etc that we used to be able to do in the version before this. I have looked, but can't sem to find it anywhere. I appreciate any help or pointers with this. Many thanks. ...

How do you remove auto indentation in text on PowerPoint?
I'm entering text on a 'Content' slide and the second line is automatically indented. I need this to line up on the leftside with the first line of text. The alignment is set for the left. Thanks. If you cannot see the ruler View > Ruler Then with the text selected move the bottom grey pointer to the left. Holding down CTRL may help. John "SherriG" <SherriG@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E641735D-48C0-41BA-8DDE-783DAA26F4C1@microsoft.com... > I'm entering text on a 'Content' slide and the second line is ...

Default Reply Address/Recipient Update Policy
I have an Exchange 2003 setup on an SBS 2003 server. All users have been created. When I use AD Users and Computers to change one user's default reply address to something other than the alias, it gets changed back automatically. I understand that on user creation, this is what it uses. But, it has always been my understanding that once the user has been created, you can then change on a user basis. I have users in the company that use initials as email, some that use firstinitial/lastname and some that use full name. I have at least 10 other Exchange servers (3 of those being 2000)...

Out of Office and Junk Filtering
Will an out of office message go out to senders who send me junk? If the junk filtering recognizes it as junk, I don't want to validate the address by sending them a message. I'd like to think it only goes out to messages that make it to the inbox, is this correct? Where might I find some documentation on this issue? Thank you, Andy Siegel City of Dover Dover, DE OOO is an exchange feature, where the junk filtering takes places on your machine. In other words, the filter only fires after OOO did its work already and the filter comes too late. Although my OOO is usually on, ...

Office notification crashes each time I snooze it
I get an error "Your office database is damaged." with a "Quit Office Programs" button. Actually two errors pop up: "Database Daemon Fatal Error" as well, with the "Database Daemon will need to quit". <br><br>I quit the programs (usually just Entourage running), then examine the database with the Database Utility which tells me there is absolutely nothing wrong with my database and all is working fine. This is a repeatable bug and crashes the notifications with the same errors every time. ...

auto display name in shared calendar
We have set up a shared calendar in the Excahnge public folder area on which each employee will begin to record when they are in/out - on vacation etc... This will enable staff to determine who is available and who is not when phone calls come in for them etc... It seems to work fine except that when you create a calendar entry, you always have to enter your name - so that others will know who the entry is for. Is there any way to set it up so that when you create a calendar entry, your name is automatically displayed as the creator of the item on the calendar entry?? Thanks, Brad ...

unable to forward or reply
Outlook has begun failing to forward or reply to messages. I am out of my office but my secretary says it give a "transport" failed error of some kind or other. This just began Monday or Yesterday - it worked last week when I was there. Thanks for your help. ...

how to use multiple reply mail addresses from one mailbox
Hi, We have several users that have multiple mail addresses under one mailbox. If these users reply, normally the standard reply address will be used. This can be confusing, as these users have different addresses in different domains (e.g. john@a.com and john@b.com). Is there a way to create a mail with a particular mail address or to reply from the address that the mail was sent to? We use Exchange 2000 and Outlook 2000/2003. Regards, Frank In news:unMojIYeGHA.536@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl, Frank <frankie_mulder(nospamplease)@hotmail.com> typed: > Hi, > > We have sev...

Auto detect the range depending up on the input date.
Hi All, I have an excel as below. If I give the date as input, suppose 6/1/2009, excel should do a count if function with the range starting from the 1st cell below the input date till the next date in the dates column. I am confused, please help. 6/1/2009 N New 291420 Roger N New 291425 Fred N New 291427 Lisa N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/2/2009 N New 291532 Lima N New 291741 Lisa N New 291531 Roger N New 291494 Roger 6/3/2009 Thanks, S Where do you give the date as input? In the same sheet? ...

Outlook 2000 quits on reply
Outlook 2000 is quitting (sometimes) when the user is hitting the ENTER key once or several times in a reply. No error message, no entry in the event logs. Config: Outlook 2000 SP3 on XP pro SP1, Exchange Srv 5.5 SP4 on NT 4 Srv. SP6a Any ideas? Andreas ...

Office 2003 Pictures not compatible with Office 2008 Mac
I'm using MS Office Mac 2008. Rest of company using PC/Windows and MS Office 2003. When I view corp documents (PowerPoint, Word), some of the pictures in the document are formatted incorrectly. I don't know the source of the picture but it is some sort of bitmap image (jpg, gif, bmp). Displays correctly on PC and Office 2003. When I open these files with MS Office Mac 2008, some of these pictures display properly, but many others are zoomed/cropped. Happens with both PowerPoint and Word. I can right click on the picture, and choose "format picture" so Office sees it as...