Our exchange server is the domain controller too.i want to seperate them!??!!??!

Hi
in our company we implement Exchange server as pilot.when i install it,
i creat the domain controller on this. But we had a main domain
cntroller before.now i want this exchange server to use the resource of
our main domain controller.what should i do?
Thanks
Mina

0
mabbasi (3)

On 11 Mar 2006 21:09:33 -0800, "Mina" <mabbasi@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hi
>in our company we implement Exchange server as pilot.when i install it,
>i creat the domain controller on this. But we had a main domain
>cntroller before.now i want this exchange server to use the resource of
>our main domain controller.what should i do?
>Thanks
>Mina

Build a new Exhange server in the org and move everything over to it.
Running dcpromo on an existing Exchange Server is not supported.
0
adavid (8731)
3/12/2006 2:19:32 PM
hi
Our exchange domain is mrt.ir and now it work.but we want to use the
resource of our main domain controller which was also mrt.ir
please help me....

0
mabbasi (3)
3/13/2006 6:32:43 AM
Are both main DC and Exchange DC in the same forest?

--
Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com

0
mabbasi (3)

Best Practises setup with AD or File Server
Hi, We have a scenario where we are retiring out dedicated backup server. Currently we are using Symantec Backup Exec 11d. However, instead of replacing the dedicated server, their is a suggestion that I use existing servers for Backup Exec Are their known issues installing backup exec on a DC which also holds FSMO roles (PDC etc)? The other option is to install backup exec (and tape drive) on a file server which hosts the H and S drives. what do you think? I would use the file server. Presumably it is being accessed during the day when no backups are running. The b...

Graph Help- 12 month graph, but only want months that have passed
I need help setting up a graph. It is a simple bar graph, that has the months of the year on the x axis, and production in tons on the y axis. I have a table setup for this Jan to Dec, but obviously only have data for Jan through May. Is there a way I can set up the graph so it will only make the graph Jan through May, but as I add more data, and months go by, it will automatically add a new column for June, then July and so on and so on? I do not want the months that have no data to be graphed with a value of zero, I would rather them show up automatically when that month has data....

Dynamics 7.0 tables in SQL server 2000
I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when using 7.0. Is there a reference that I can go to in Customersource that tells me this information? Thanks. -- Dave Christman System Developer There is an online reference: Tools >> Resource Descriptions >> Tables. Also there is a SDK avaailable on the Great Plains CD's. "Dave Christman" wrote: > I need to know what should be the content of each of the tables with names > starting with "GL" in SQL Server 2000 when...

Resizing controls #3
I'm trying to preserve the location and size of a CWnd object usually CBitmap. There are functions that inadvertantly change the size of the object and I need to restore that original size without messing up the location of the control. All the code I've tried to write to fix this issue has not worked but screwed up the location and preserved the size at best. Is there an algorithm that will address this issue? Ideally I'd like a CRect object saved with the coordinates with respect to the main window and the ability to set those coordinates at some later time. jeremyje@gmail.co...

Sync Issues Outlook 2003 / Exchange 2000
We've got a number of remote users who up until recently have bene working fine with synchronising mailboxes at home, then suddenly all users end up doing a full sync taking ages instead of a normal. Is there a setting on the serve that could of changed? Paul ...

Add a server. Dumb-but necessary-question
I'm planning to add a Exch 2003 server to an existing Exch 2000 org and - after testing with a few mailboxes, move the system folders, etc - I'm planning to retire the 2000 server. My mx record points to a WAN ip address which is translated by a Cisco Pix 506e to allow port 25 to the private ip address of my existing Exchange 2000 server. Here's the stupid question (obviously I don't have much admin experience with multi-Exchange server orgs): How does mail destined for a mailbox on the new Exch 2003 server get to that server? Port 25 is open to the original server and t...

Don't Want Email Addresses Hyperlinked
Using Excel 2002... Is there any way to have the email address I have in my worksheet remain as simple text? (They typically are blue and want to be "mailtos.") thnx Menu Insert|Hyperlink... Click the Remove Hyperlink button. HTH Kostis Vezerides Tools / AutoCorrect Options.... "Autoformat as you type" tab, uncheck "internet and network paths with hyperlinks" HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP "phil6666" <phil6666@adelphia.net> wrote in message news:2tn6o194usnq8dtdr7g7nfciv2pd68ccrc@4ax.com... > Using Excel 2002... > > Is there any ...

Which service controls MSExchangeDSAccess?
Which service does MSExchangeDSAccess run under? I know that mad.exe is run by the System Attendant service. MSExchangeDSAccess is like a sub-module of another service. Not sure which one however. System Attendant. -- Bharat Suneja MCSE, MCT www.zenprise.com blog: www.suneja.com/blog ----------------------------------------- "Spin" <Spin@spin.com> wrote in message news:3s7k2uFmpgefU1@individual.net... > Which service does MSExchangeDSAccess run under? I know that mad.exe is > run by the System Attendant service. MSExchangeDSAccess is like a > sub-...

Mailshots from Exchange 2007
In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages being sent in short period of time? yaro "yaro137" <yaro137@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:4d2d823d-471f-4298-bfc2-c9f3b9f72b38@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com... > In SBS 2008 is there a setting somewhere in ESM that would block > mailshot attempts if say it discovers that there are lots of messages > being sent in short period of time? > yaro Do you believe that you are being attacked from a spammer relaying me...

I have SQL Server installed on my workstation, can I not use MSDE
I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation and I don't really want another instance of SQL on my box. Is there anyway for MS CRM 1.2 to use my existing installation? If you are referring to the MSDE datastore for the SFO client, then no, there isn't. It will install a new instance, but many of the underlying files are shared amongst the instances. Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On 23 Apr 2004 10:07:41 -0700, ramirez2sma@hotmail.com (Shawn Ramirez) wrote: I have SQL Server Developer Edition on my workstation ...

I do not want to see grammar checks for passive voice
Every document I type has a grammar error indicating "passive voice" might want to consider revising. I do not have a good understanding of what passive voice means and I really do not want to see it so I am wondering if there is a setting in the grammar check that I can deselect to turn off the passive voice check? ...

exchange 2003 sp1 and newsgroups?
Ok, have read the article on how to add, which is a piece of cake, as it does it for you... only issue I have is that I built newsgroup for microsoft, and it's populates outlook2003, but nothing is in there? I've looked for the obvious, and searched this newsgroup???/ AL You can't use Microsoft's NNTP server as a pull feed - they restrict it to only certain servers. Your best bet would be to find out if your ISP is set up with an NNTP server that is allowed to pull the feeds and if they will allow you to pull from them. -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP MessageOne Read my ...

Invalid sender domain
Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. Subject: RE: Boat Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM The following recipient(s) could not be reached: 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 AM 554 Fahlahas@Surgv.com: Recipient address rejected: invalid sender domain Dan Klinge <Yomama@kdkdjkfjdekfjdkfj.com> wrote: > Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients. > > Subject: RE: Boat > > Sent: 4/17/2006 11:19 AM > > The following recipient(s) could not be reached: > > 'Fahlahas@Surgv.com' on 4/17/2006 11:19 ...

converting Access 2000 to Oracle/SQL Server
Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Michael. "Michael" <mdubin@hotmail.com> wrote: >Could anyone give me instructions or point me to an >article on how to convert Access 2000 tables to Oracle or >SQL Server? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Do a search at the Knowledge Base at support.microsoft.com using the keywords "upsizing" to review the various white papers on upsizing Access to SQL Server as well as to ensure you h...

Outlook 2002 connector: problem connecting with Domino server because of NAMELookup2 problem
Hi, I'm trying to use Outlook 2002 Connector to connect with a Domino R5 server, but I can get no connection. From the log file I see that the connector uses a NAMELookup2 with the correct Domino server to get the name of the mail file, but the name its gets back is corrupted. There are spurious characters at the end of the mail file name. From the MSOCLog.txt file <<67c 25 16:37>> User name : : CN=Jean-Paul Smeets/O=Someorg <<4f8 25 16:37>> NAMELookup2 called with m_pServerName=someserver Flags=0 pNameSpaces=0x13646F4 NumNameSpaces=1 pNames=0x12E6CC NumNames=1 ...

Exchange 2003 (Co-existing w/2000)
We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for Exch2003. Should this affect anything with the current Exchange 2000 environment? Thanks, Terry On Mon, 15 Dec 2003 14:43:41 -0500, TS wrote: > We currently have an Exchange 2000 environment. We want to stand up an > Exchange 2003 server and begin to transition users over to the 2003 box. > Obviously the first step would be to run domain and forest prep for > Exch20...

migrating Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003
I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me to be ready to install the AD connector that would help me out with my migration. What are the cons of doing this?? is it safe. Do any have other steps in order for me to prepare for this migration? Thanks in Advance I recently loaded a 2k3 server on my doamin for a migration I'm working on. I used the checklist MS provieds and all worked well. I didn't have a single issue and the server is working well. "Juan" wrote: > I want to run /forestprep and /domain prep in order for me > to be ready to install...

Inability to connect with exchange server using entourage
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Email Client: Exchange I have a 2008 version of entourage that I connect with my exchange server. I added a ms office home edition to my computer, and now I am unable to connect to my server. The error message now says that I must upgrade to a std edition of office in order to connect to an exchange server. If my previous version of entourage would connect and it is still on the computer, why won't it do it now with office installed? Any advice? <br> thanks What version of Microsoft Office 2008 entourage did you down...

Naming new server
Cana anyone tell me if there are any implication with Exchange 2003 with having the server physically named "xyz.company.com" and having a cname in the internal dns that point "mail.company.com" to "xyz.company.com"? I'd sooner not have to have users needing to know the specific name of the server they need (whether using pop3/imap/smtp/webmail) but I don't know if using an alias is likely to cause problems? TIA, Paul On Fri, 27 Jan 2006 02:56:43 -0800, Paul Hutchings <paul@spamcop.net> wrote: >Cana anyone tell me if there are any implicat...

Exchange 5.5 and dcpromo new domain
Hi, I have the following problem: I had an Exchange 5.5 server that was a member server in a NT4 domain. I've upgraded this server to W2K domain controller of a new domain and now, I can't get into the Exchange administrator program anymore: "You do not have the permissions required to complete the operation" and DS_E_INSUFFICIENT_ACCESS_RIGHTS. This must be because only members of the old domain have permissions on the Exchange server (according to the directory service). When i use "runas /user:olddomain\exchange c:\exchsrvr\bin\admin", I get "unknown user na...

IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works
Experts, Running Windows Server 2003 SP1. Exchange SP2. IMAP account in Outlook Express connecting to Exchange Server always fails but same account in Outlook always works. Error below: Logon failure: unknown user name or bad password. Configuration: Account: Director Server: Server1 User name: AD\Director Protocol: IMAP Port: 143 Secure(SSL): 0 Code: 800cccd1 I realize the workaround is domain/username/alias for the Outlook Express username. That still fails. I even made the alias the same as the username. Also fails. This very same workstation can access th...

Exchange 2003 Standard Edition Store Limit
I have Exchange 2003 Standard edition. My current Priv.edb size is 13GB and my priv.stm file is 3.2GB. I know there is a 16GB limit per database. How can I be over that number and still have mail flowing? Is it because I have so much whitespace in the database(almost 3GB) acording to event 1221 in the application log. Thanks Greg White space doesn't really come into play here, as it still counts towards total file size. Could also be that the displayed file size is a bit off as Explorer views it. Either way, once you hit the 16gb limit, the Information store *will* shut down...

OLE server ?
Error message: Pub can not communicate with the OLE server. May be a problem with the server ... reinstall the server. HOW ??? What version Publisher? What are you doing when you get the error? -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Xeroid" <haha> wrote in message news:428b938f@news.kos.net... > Error message: Pub can not communicate with the OLE server. May be a problem with > the server ... reinstall the server. > > HOW ??? > ...

How to keep mail on the pop server when checking with Outlook
Hi Everyone, I have two machines. 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the server. 2 A PC that whenever I check mail it deletes all messages on the server. How do I set the PC to leave the messages on the server?? Jeff In your POP account properties in Outlook. Note - you're gonna have to delete the messages from the server somewhere/sometime, or your mailbox will get full & start bouncing mail. J. Moss wrote: > Hi Everyone, > > I have two machines. > > 1 Macintosh that I can set to leave the message on the > server. > > 2 A PC that wh...

Exchange server consolidation inquiry
Here is a scenario I want some help. CompanyA and CompanyB both are in windows 2000 domain with exchange 2000 servers in each domain. Being sister companies, we have external trust set up between domains for resource sharing. Both companies are going to join our parent company forest/domain in near future and will assume the parent company domain name CompanyCXX.com. At this time Both CompanyA and CompanyB have two way trust relationship with CompanyCXX.com Our intention is to build a new exchange server and move information from CompanyA and CompanyB to the new exchange server User...