Orphaned Domains Need New Home

Hello, I've been researching and think I've found the solution in
rendom.exe.  However, I was wondering if anyone has heard of a better
solution.  I have an orphaned domain that I really don't want to have
to demote and recreate.  I was creating a domain forest from our
central office.  Based on our environment though, someone else controls
the routers and the ACL's.  After a year and noticing that they kept
closing ports that I needed opened without telling I think my best
solution is to just make each of those domains thier own forest and
create trusts between then.  Is there a way I can do this without
having to demote and recreate each?  My primary concern is we have
limited technical staff and I don't want to touch every machine on each
of the networks once I'm done.  Thanks for any info.

0
dlj.tech (1)

I would look at third party solution such http://www.quest.com/products/.

--
John Oliver, Jr
MCSE, MCT, CCNA

<dlj.tech@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello, I've been researching and think I've found the solution in
> rendom.exe.  However, I was wondering if anyone has heard of a better
> solution.  I have an orphaned domain that I really don't want to have
> to demote and recreate.  I was creating a domain forest from our
> central office.  Based on our environment though, someone else controls
> the routers and the ACL's.  After a year and noticing that they kept
> closing ports that I needed opened without telling I think my best
> solution is to just make each of those domains thier own forest and
> create trusts between then.  Is there a way I can do this without
> having to demote and recreate each?  My primary concern is we have
> limited technical staff and I don't want to touch every machine on each
> of the networks once I'm done.  Thanks for any info.

0
jcoliverjr (1013)

Update Case History automatically after New Service Activity is sa
Hi All, When a technician completes a service activity, a custom field on the form "Current Status" will contain the details of the current status of the case. The "Regarding" field on the Service Activity form already contains the particular case. I want to add the "Service Activity (Current Status)" field contents to the beginning of the "Case (Current Status)" field to allow users to see the current status of each case, with the last entry showing on the top of the form. Any ides would be welcome. Thanks -- David Dalton IT Systems Ltd Kill...

Do I need to specify WINS IP on the server?
Hi all, For the best practice, do I need to specify WINS IP on the TCP/IP on the exchange 2003 SP2 servers? (win2K & win2003 envir.) Thanks in advance. In news:614C4C0C-C93F-4207-8825-9EA1AD366C6C@microsoft.com, Peter <Peter@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > Hi all, > > For the best practice, do I need to specify WINS IP on the TCP/IP on > the exchange 2003 SP2 servers? (win2K & win2003 envir.) > > Thanks in advance. I would (presuming you actually have a WINS server on your network). Do this for all servers & clients. Thanks for your help. ...

Simple hack to get $600 to your home
Simple hack to get $600 to your home at http://uptadesonly.co.cc Due to high security risks,i have hidden the cheque link in an image. in that website on left side below search box, click on image and enter your name and address where you want to receive your cheque. please dont tell to anyone. ...

NEWBIE: Adding New Fields to the Case Form
I searched the forum but I cannot find anything answering this question? I have aded a new Attribute to the "CASE ENTITY" called "SUBSCRIPTION TYPE". "SUBSCRIPTION TYPE" is a picklist value I creaed that I wish to be able to display on the standard CASE FORM. "SUBSCRIPTION TYPE" should be a 1-To-1 field to a CASE. When I attempt to customize my standard CASE FORM by using "Add fields" I dont see my new "SUBSCRIPTION TYPE" Attribute in the list of available fields. I want to add this new field to a Tab I created on the default case f...

Why won't my Pivot Tables recognise new data?
Hi for some reason I cannot get my pivot tables to recognise that new dat has been added to the worksheet. When I delete the old data and pu new data in (I've tried adding 3000 records) the pivot tabl disappeares and appears to be asking me to reconstruct it. I' refering in this instance to the "Most Recent Activity Date worksheet. Please note I'm an Excel beginner - almost all of the construction o this workbook has been down to a few kind souls out there (specia mention to I.Savell). Any help much appreciated. I've attached the file for anyone who cares to have a s...

Needing some input on how to take this db to the next level...
I'm trying to create a time sheet database. I have some of the basics worked out, but would like some input on how to deal with the subform that displays the days in the current pay period. Some how I would like the dropdown to generate payperiods so I don't have to enter every one myself. I'd like the subform to display the 14 days for that pay period. Any input would be appreciated Kelvin here is what I have pretty much so far: http://www.mccsa.com/Temp/TimeAndBilling.zip PS I haven't gone through and fixed tab orders and the like so there is lots of work to polish it...

Exchange 2003 Domain Seperate from User Login Domain
DomainA = Windows 2000, one domain & DC. Users log into this one DomainB = Windows Server 2003, one domain & DC. Outlook is pointed to this one for mail *This is was setup this way to keep things seperate and to not modify the existing Windows 2000 domain Of course the users have to always type in their password to load up Outlook, because the Exchange domain is different from the domain that they log into Windows with. Besides this annoyance, any other problems that I could run into Thank you ....D Yes, if you have a password expiry policy on your 2003 domain the users may not b...

Copy all hilighted words to a new document using VBA
Dear Experts: I would like to copy all hilighted words of the current document (via VBA) to a new one with the following features: 1. Highlighted word 2. Page No. where the highlighted word has been found 3. Applied Font of the highlighted word If a word has only be hilighted partially, the whole word has to be copied. Example: going (highlighted word), Page 219, Font Name: Arial Christmas (highlighted word), Page 222, Font Name: Tahoma. etc. Hope this is not asking too much and feasible, respectively. Help is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Re...

Help Needed !!!
I was using the trial version of Money 2005 in the past few weeks. Today I purchased and installed Money 2005 Standard version. After installation, I could not open the previous money file. When I tried to open the file, it prompted that it would convert the file to the new version. However, the conversion failed with message 'can not open the file ... due to either no permission or file is being opened ...' I am using Windows ME on my personal computer. No other application is using the file. The file is not read only either. Anybody would share his / her experience if the same...

Need to escape ]]>
Hi, I have to somehow place this fragment into a CDATA block: ]]> Example: <replace><![CDATA[]]></text>]]></replace> Of course that does not work since the first ]]> will close the CDATA block already. Can I escape it somehow? TIA for any hints! Regards DC DC wrote: > I have to somehow place this fragment into a CDATA block: ]]> > > Example: > > <replace><![CDATA[]]></text>]]></replace> > > Of course that does not work since the first ]]> will close the CDATA You need to break that up into two C...

Dynamic copying of data to new sheets
I need to create a seperate sheet in an excel workbook that contains th information from a data sheet. There are multiple columns and I need to seperate the rows out tha match values in one column. Number Status Notes 1 Fail none 2 Pass none 3 Not Run none 4 Missing none I need to make a seperate sheet for fail, pass, not run, and missing. I would like these sheets to update automatically, as the data sheet i quite large and it would take sometime to update the information b hand. Thanks, Quirthano -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Please include fonts from previous versions ('98) in new versions
I used a lot of fonts from Office '98 that I can't find now. How do I find them? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?mid=1dc58339-c737-4861-b8bf-e05d6af0fdd8&dg=microsoft.public.excel....

Error
I am using Outlook 2000 on a Windows 98 machine. For the last several days, I have been getting the following error when I try to reply to a message, forward a message, or create a new message: "This program has performed an illegal operation and will be shut down. If the problem persists, contact the program vendor." I am able to successfully receive messages and create calendar appointments. I have done everything I can think of to try to fix this problem, but still get the error when I reopen Outlook. Here is what I've tried: 1) Rebooting 2) Reinstalling Micros...

HELP! Need to Sync Two Copies of Outlook Via Pocket PC.
Hope someone can help. I have a PC in my office, I have a PC at home. Both run Outlook and I MUST be able to Sync the two copies of Outlook daily. I used to use Active Sync by Microsoft until a few months ago, when I began getting the dreaded "Active Sync has encountered a problem on the desktop" error so many here have reported. I have tired EVERTHING to revolve this including reinstalling Outlook, checking for blocked Scripts, etc. EVERY suggestion on Microsoft.com and posted here.. NOTHING resolves it. I have been unable to Sync for three months and Microsoft doesn't seem t...

Need ideas for a changing sort key
I need to create a form where someone asks tasks which have to be accomplished in order, the dates being irrelevant, though it will be tracked. What is the best way to create a field that will prioritize these in order? There will be many instances where a task is inserted or removed from the list. If I have steps 1 through 5 for example, and need to add one between 2 and 3, I don't want to have to renumber 3 through 5 as 4 through 6. It's a tool to train new employees how to do their job, the series of tasks will change from project to project so I'd like to create a ma...

I need to touch and loop
Very simply, I have a form in a very complex application I've inherited. On that form is a date field which, if changed, fires off all the action I need to do (a LOT of it) in the access form. (This is a Jet database, not real triggers.) It's set by a lost_focus even that checks the value. However, I need to do this for several hundred records so I want to automate it from a separate form. I can change the value, but it doesn't fire the changed event. I tried creating a public procedure in the target form to call the update event procedure, but my calling form can't seem to...

Multiple SMTP Domains #2
I have configured multiple smtp domains on exchange (2003, sp2, fe, be enviorment). i have configured another virutal http server with the host header of this domain so that it seperates the users from the other domain resources, ie. public folder and mailbox stores. however they can only logon when they use the smtp domain in the address.. https://webmail.mydomain.com/exchange/user@secondsmtpdomain.com whenthey log on using the forms based authentication they get a 404 page not found, if they use that specified url they can get in fine. any ideas?? thanks! "Gabe Matteson"...

Excel Charts need to have a funtion where you can Stack and Group
The chart function does not allow to have both stacking and group of data. For example, we want to have 5 Scenarios, each with a !2month Impact, 24month IMpact and a 36month impact, and then have each of these impacts be broken out between Direct and Indirect. Therefore, the Direct & Indirect portions would be stacked upon each other for each time period. then the columns for the 3 time periods would be placed directly next to each other in a group by scenario. THe Scenarios would then all lie next to each other, with a bit of space to show they are different scenarios --------...

Open a new document in a new "exterior" Excel Windows
How is it possible to tune Excel to make every new=20 document open as a new "exterior" Excel Windows, and not=20 as a "interior" windows in the Excel Application ?? My Powerpoint is already reacting like that, but I cannot=20 find any clues in the Options... Menu. Is there a link with the way the default template is=20 designed ? Thanks for your input. S=E9bastien. Accenture France. Try Tools-Options then tick the "View Windows in Taskbar" on the Vie tab -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Major Issue Gurus needed!!!!
OK here the problem! I came in yesterday to find that our exchange 2000 mailbox store was corrupt. I have ran eseutil on the 66gb store and it successfully remounted! But what the other staff did in my absence was create new mailboxes so that the users could still recieve email until the data was restored. The problem I have is I have users on another box working fine what i need to do is take the existing mailboxes and merge them together. Does exmerge actually do this as it just tells me its done it but nothing happens???? Please help its 7:35 here in the UK and i am not leaving this des...

Currency setup in new company
hello: I am trying to setup a new company, but can't get a currency established. Please see the movie below: http://faculty.rio.edu/campbell/gp90_rjc/rjc_bbal2.htm Thanks Richard Campbell Hi Richard, I assume you are only using one $US currency for the moment. Go to Tools->Setup->Financial->MultiCurrency and select your functional currency from there. You will probably have to set up a Reporting currency as well. Cheers. R. "Richard_J_Campbell" wrote: > hello: > I am trying to setup a new company, but can't get a currency established. > Please...

Need a help for updating many tables !
Hi, All ! I need a thought for hepl ! I have 4 tables related together through a field(ContNo). But there are some reasons, I use temporary value for recording ContNo field. After that I want to update the temporary value by new value. Is there any way to do this fastly ? I thought about using VBA Openrecordset for each Table and update ContNo field through a form. Any ideas to solve this problem ? Thanks for ur time. Luan On 9 May 2007 03:20:34 -0700, luanhoxung@gmail.com wrote: >Hi, All ! >I need a thought for hepl ! >I have 4 tables related together through a field(ContNo). >...

Need to transfer all appts to new calendar
Hi, I've created a new account (exchange) and want to transfer all my calendar data from my old account to the new one. I can copy the calendar to my new account but then I just end up with two calendars - I want all appointments (past and future) from old calendar to be transferred to the new calendar. Can't seem to find a way to just transfer appts, not the whole pst file. What must I do? Thanks in advance, Jo > Hi, I've created a new account (exchange) and want to transfer all my > calendar data from my old account to the new one. > > I can copy the calendar to ...

CSV file into Excel....still need help please !
Unfortunately I lost the info I had previously gotten which was to make a change somewhere IE, Excel or ? and then when you choose CSV as your file type for a download, it then automatically gives you the choice to save or open. When you open the file it is in an Excel worksheet and then you can save it into the Excel format if you want. Never mind, I finally found it. For other having the same problem here is a Link to the Microsoft KB on how to... http://support.microsoft.com/kb/318761/en-us "Bubey" <catlovr2@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:etogPNIiHHA.4064@T...

RMS new version?
Hi, when is the new version/upgrade coming out? And do we get it by calling the original seller of the product (who sold it to us) or can we get it directly from MS? Zorian, The 1.3 update has been shipped/mailed out starting approx. Dec 1 to those with currently on the RMS Maintenance Plan. -- * "Zorian" <Zorian@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:74C455A7-5CF5-402F-B283-B800F1B679EF@microsoft.com... Hi, when is the new version/upgrade coming out? And do we get it by calling the original seller of the product (who sold it to us) or can we get it directly...