Orphan Mailbox

Exchange 5.5, w/ 2 sites. Deleted a mailbox from one site
but still shows up on the global address.
0
Andy.Diaz (1)

Andy wrote:
> Exchange 5.5, w/ 2 sites. Deleted a mailbox from one site
> but still shows up on the global address.

Recreate the mailbox in the same Site and Container with the same
Directory Name. Make changes to it until the changes are replicated to
the site with the orphaned object and then you can delete it and the
deletion will replicate through.

0
ajgroup (14)

Mailboxes Resources in Exchange 2003
Hi In Exchange 2003 we have several mailboxes that are used as resources (Meeting rooms). The assistant people schedule the meetings for VIPS users. If you search The appointments in the assistants calendars and in the VIPS users you can find all the appointments, I would like to change the configuration so those appointments are not save in the assistant calendars Is this possible? King Regards Hi Anderon, If the assistant arranges the meeting, usually his/her name will be register automatically as Required. You can exclude the assistant address from invitation. regards, Irwin ...

Restoring a single mailbox and public folders
We are running Exchange on SBS 2003. This past w/e, something overwrote all my email attachments in all my folders, including public folders. No other mailboxes were affected. Can someone pls help me with instructions as to how to restore a single mailbox and the public folders from last wk's SBS backup file?? thank you! To restore a single mailbox in exchange 2003 you have the recover storage group. The public folders must be restore as allways. Check this: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;824126 -- Gustavo Del Grosso Laboratorios Andrómaco Gere...

Free/Busy Unavailable to some clients after user mailbox was reloc
I Recently moved my group's mailboxes from one Exchagne 2000 server to another. I then replicated and removed this server via Uninstall. Now, 7 out of 10 client's free/busy information is unavailable. My mailbox was one of them and what I did was I exported my email to a PST and then delted my mailbox and turned around and created a new one and imported my pst in. THat worked out fine. But, I don't think that is the fix for this. There is a Microsoft article that sounds like will fix it. Question is. what are the repercussions in resetting the system folder? Will dat...

Moving mailboxes to another server
Hi, We are running Exchange 2000 on a Windows 2000 server. I just built a Exchange 2003 on a Windows 2003 server. When I "right mouse" click on the mailboxes in the Exchange system Manager on the Exchange 2000 system, it does not have the option for "exchange tasks" to move the mailboxes to the new exchange 2003 server. It does give me the option in "AD". It's a slower process to move it through AD. Any thoughts to add the feature in the Exchange 2000 system manager? Mitch On Mon, 16 May 2005 09:30:11 -0700, "mitch" <mitch@discussions.micr...

setting mailbox store limits for different users
I'm wanting to create three levels of exchange user in my organisation and allow them mailbox store llimits of 50mb, 100mb and 200mb I was hoping to do this by setting the minimum level in ESM then using AD security groups to group users and set mailbox store overrides - but the override setting doesn't seem to be available for groups, only individual users Is there some other way to do this? or can I only override per individual? I only have Exchange 2003 standard, so creating more stores is not an option. Any thoughts and advice would be much appreciated. ADMODIFY.NET is good a...

Mailbox Manager #10
We have a recipient policy that's giving out SMTP addresses. Now we decided to implement a policy to remove emails on users' Deleted Items that are older than 30 days. So, on the current recipient policy, we added the Mailbox Manager settings on the property page. On the policy itself, we selected the action to Delete Immediately for the Deleted Items that are over 30 days. I also set it to run on 12:00AM Sunday. However, the result is shown below: The Microsoft Exchange Server Mailbox Manager has completed processing mailboxes Started at: 2005-06-19 00:14:01 Completed at...

Shared mailboxes not working as expected
Hi, We have a number of shared mailboxes that we have set-up within Exchange 2003 (this is a new migration to Exchange 2003 & Outlook 2003). To demonstrate, we would like Joe.Bloggs and Joe.Public (members of the sales-team group) to be able to have access to all Emails sent to themselves and also all mails sent to Sales@domain.com. They should also be able to send mails that look as if they are coming from sales@domain.com. So what I have done is created a User called sales in ADUC and allowed it to create an Exchange mailbox with an SMTP address of sales@domain.local and a primary ad...

Funnel all emails for a domain to 1 mailbox #2
I have an Exchange 5.5 server that currently receives email for 4 domains. I'd like to add a 5th domain and have all emails for the new domain funnel into 1 mailbox. So, emails sent to address1@newdomain.com, address2@newdomain.com, address3@newdomain.com and so on would all go to the same mailbox. I know I'd have to create the new domain and create new MX records for it, but I can't find anything that says "all emails for the new domain go to 1 mailbox." Is that even possible? Thanks, Mark. There is no built-in way of doing that in E55. Mark wrote: > I have ...

New Recipient Policy in Mailbox Manager
Hi, I created a new recipient policy for mailbox management to permanently delete all items in the Deleted Items folders of our mailboxes that are 30 days or older and set the size limit at 0 kb. I ran the Mailbox Manager and while it did delete about 500mb of items, it did not delete all of the items that are 30 days or older. I checked to make sure the the created date of the items in the deleted folder was older than 30 days, but there are a lot of old items that just did not get deleted. Can someone tell me what to look for? Thanks, What counts is the modified date. ...

Mapi error moving certain mailboxes from 2000 to 2007
I am getting an error on three specific mailboxes when trying to move them from 2000 to 2007 using the GUI move mailbox tool. I have sucessfully moved about 110 mailboxes already, and everything seems to be working well except for these three not moving. It appears that the source mailbox opens, then the wizard times out trying to open the destination mailbox and the error below results. The wizard fails right away, not after moving some messages. Two of the three mailboxes had been moved to 2007, then back to 2000 as part of some testing. Now they will not go back to 2007. The thir...

Restoring OLD version of IS or mailbox
I completed (without incident) my migration from 5.5 to 2003 8 months ago and wiped/shut down/re-tasked my old 5.5 server. I have Netbackup tapes of the old 5.5 server (information store and brick-level mailbox backups) going back 4 years or more. What are my options if I want to restore a 5.5 mailbox of a former employee as of 18 months ago, but I no longer have a 5.5 server? Can I restore a 5.5 mdb into a 2003 recovery storage group? (I haven't yet converted to Exchange Native Mode, but I might have) Any cool tools out there that might help? You can't restore to the RSG. ...

message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is
We are getting the following error on some mailboxes "The The message could not be delivered because the recipient's mailbox is full". The mailboxes are nowhere near the limit and it's only some of them not all of them. The mailbozes were migrated then 15 minutes later we started getting the NDR's any idea's? Thanks migrated from where, to where? did you move them somewhere where the mailbox storage limits are more restrictive? "EMail Guy" <EMail Guy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E8680055-79BF-4D03-93AC-10A0E2EFDE88@microso...

mailbox please HELP!!
hello everyone, right, i have created 3 mailbox's in in 2003 domain. i have given full mailbox permissions to a user who needs to use these mailbox for reciveing and sending mail to external. (helpdesk mailbox) he can send and receive mail within the domain no problem, but he cant send to external, the mail bounce's back as undelivered and say's you do not have send permission contact administrator.. please help, and what have i missed. Thanks Z have you granted the "send as" right to this person on the "security" tab? -- Susan Conkey [MVP] "mc...

mailbox maintenance in Exchange 2003
Dear all, How to schedule a mailbox maintenance where any mail is older than 2 week will be automatically deleted from the server? Thank you in advance You can have a look at mailbox manager mailbox manager is built in to Exchange 2000 SP1 and later and is availabale as as separete install for Exchange 5.5 "chow" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1569601c446eb$2f68c230$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Dear all, > > How to schedule a mailbox maintenance where any mail is > older than 2 week will be automatically deleted > from the server? &g...

*** New How-To Article Posted
I have hacked together a way to automate / script Exmerge. This allows you to backup all of your user mailboxes to .PST files. We use this as a free way to perform "brick level" backups. This is a type of backup where each mailbox is individually backed up. It makes it easy to setup a restore of an individual mailbox. When using this hack, plus performing backups with NTBackup, you can perform full exchange backups without 3rd party backup software. This should save $$$ in many small organizations. http://www.castellan.net/exmerge_automation.html ...

error 0x8004210e, mailbox temporarily unavailable because another.
I can't receive emails on my newly installed Outlook 2003 and I get a message: Receiving reported error 0x8004210e your mailbox is temporarily unavailable because another email message is being delivered to it or another mail application is accessing it. The server responded ERR box is locked. I couldn't find any info in the help section of Outlook and I called Comcast and they said they can help with Outlook Express but not regular Outlook as Outlook prohibits them from doing that. Anyone know what setting I need to change if I do need to change something or is it a Comcast p...

Restoring Exchange 5.5 Mailbox from Backup (Backup Exec) to Exchange Server 2003
We currently upgraded our network including a move from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003. We exported users' mailboxes to .pst files and subsequently imported them into the 2003 environment. One user's mailbox was not extracted to a .pst file. The exchange server in which the mailbox resided was upgraded as well along with having Exchange 5.5 removed. We now use a single server for mail services (Exchange 2003) with a different server name. I have a backup (Backup Exec 9.1) of the mailboxes in tape form. I need to import the mailbox data of this particular user into the new...

Unable to access Mailbox of Re-Enabled User
Hello! We are running Exchange Server 2003 SP1, and the issue I am experiencing is that if we disable a user account and then re-enable it to get the mail, the mailbox won't be accessable. I have even reset the users password, logged in as him/her and it still won't work. It keeps prompting for authentication in Outlook (2003). The only way I have gotten it to work is to delete the mailbox, remove all Exchange attributes from the User Account, and then reattach the mailbox to the User Account. Any thoughts as to what the problem is? Thanks! Check the permissions on the ma...

Mailbox creation date
Hi Is there anyway I can get the date when mailbox has created. Yes, look at the pr_creation time mapi property. However, if mailbox was moved this will get updated since mailboxes are essentially re- created when moved to new location. If you want original time, you can look at PR_NTSDModificationTime property. download mfcmapi http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=55FDFFD7-1878-4637-9808-1E21ABB3AE37&displaylang=en James Chong (MVP) MCSE | M+, S+, MCTS, Security+ msexchangetips.blogspot.com On Mar 12, 6:13 am, Saima <saimabashi...@hotmail.com> wrote: > ...

Mailbox permission #2
Strange problem that I have is that I can send mail as any user in AD. I have administrator rights. Is there something wrong with mailbox permissions? I did not change any permission setting in exchange 2003. What should I do? Kind regards Hi What service account are you running Exchange on. If you used your Administrator account then Domain Admins will have full rights in Exchange. You should have created a seperate service account to install Exchange with. Rob. "Lugos" <lugos@ice.si> wrote in message news:u$FM2RTBFHA.3644@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Strange problem...

Moving mailboxes from exchange 5.5 to 2003
I am upgrading our mail server from exchange 5.5 to 2003 and would like to transfer the mailboxes over. I have heard that there may be issues with our exchange 5.5 plugins(spam filter and old anti-virus) coming along with the account. Does anyone know how to strip these out without loosing any of the mail information? I appreciate the help. James I usually don't migrate the accounts created by AV and SPAM filters. If there are special fax connector proxies then I ensure they are installed on the Exchange 2003 server as well. Sometimes it is a matter of copying the files to the...

Move Mailbox to public folder
What is the best way to move the contents of a mailbox to a public folder? Under 5.5, I was giving myself rights to the mailbox and manually moving the contents to a new public folder using Outlook. Is there a better way under 2003? No better way although you might want to look into Exmerge but that has been around for along time so probably best to stick with what you know. Nue "Jeff Janner" <JeffJanner@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F64852AF-3292-4ECA-86DF-FF607A508843@microsoft.com... > What is the best way to move the contents of a mailbox to a p...

Confirming the existence of the sender's mailbox.
While trying to streamline the way our old but reliable Exchange server communicates with the outside world, primarily to reduce the number of rejections we've been getting of late (from AOL and other big ISPs with aggressive rejection policies), our web hosting provider suggested that it would be nice if the mail server confirmed the existence of the sender's mailbox when queried. Could anyone tell me if this is possible under Exchange 5.5, and how to go about it? On 10 Apr 2006 15:26:23 -0700, "mwalsh@smad.com" <mwalsh@smad.com> wrote: >While trying to streamli...

Mailbox permisions
I am trying to change the permissions on a User's mailbox, and I am unable to do so because it says it is inheriting permissions from the parent. From active directory, in the User properties, "Exchange Advanced" tab, in the "Mailbox Rights" is where I am trying to edit the permissions. Can someone tell me where it is inherating permissions from? I am running Exchange 2003 Thank you It's inheriting them from the database, which might be inheriting them from the storage group, which might be inheriting them from... Use EXCHANGE SYSTEM MANAGER to see and edit ...

HELP Users unable to log on after mailbox move
please help. I have implimented a new exchange 2003 cluster in my exchange 2000 environment and everything was working fine. However. while moving 3 mailboxes from ex2000 to ex2003, the cluster failed over. now the users cannot log into their mail accounts and I am getting: Unable to move mailbox 'Username'. Error: The information store could not be opened. The MAPI provider failed. MAPI 1.0 ID no: 8004011d-0289-00000000 I've tried KB278966 but it doesnt seem clear to me. any clear help would be greatly appreciated. Jamie Voto "Jamie Voto" <jvoto@fortr...