Open Relay #12

Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it talkes
about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one.
i have in my smtp acesss relay tab all all but list below and  authinticate
check at the bottom. is the any thing else i have to do.. because im in one
of those blacklist and they check me and said i still have an open relay

Thank You
0
Dwhitten (5)

Can we see their diagnostics?

--
Text from most Windows dialogs can be copied to clipboard with Ctrl-INS.

Free productivity applications suit - www.openoffice.org
Free Internet calling - www.skype.com
Free SQL database Firebird - full support for transaction control,
triggers, stored procedures, partial SQL-99 compliance
http://www.ibphoenix.com/main.nfs?a=ibphoenix&s=1142758270:704186&page=what_is_interbase
0
kpalagin (1838)
5/5/2006 9:12:40 PM
http://www.tek-tips.com/faqs.cfm?fid=1779 is old but pretty good.

"D whitten" <Dwhitten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it
> talkes
> about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one.
> i have in my smtp acesss relay tab all all but list below and
> authinticate
> check at the bottom. is the any thing else i have to do.. because im in
> one
> of those blacklist and they check me and said i still have an open relay
>
> Thank You

0
nick5968 (262)
5/5/2006 9:23:07 PM
Hi,

One way to verify configuration settings is to run the Exchange Best
Practices Analyzer against your Exchange servers and directory servers.
Among other things, it can let you know if your server is configured to
allow anyone to relay SMTP messages, and how to change that configuration if
its not what you want. You can get this free tool from
http://www.microsoft.com/exchange/analyzers.  Hope this helps.

--
Scott Schnoll
rights. Please do not send email directly to this alias. This alias is for

"D whitten" <Dwhitten@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok how do you close an open relay.. i have bee through the KB and it
> talkes
> about how tot test one but not specificly how to close one.
> i have in my smtp acesss relay tab all all but list below and
> authinticate
> check at the bottom. is the any thing else i have to do.. because im in
> one
> of those blacklist and they check me and said i still have an open relay
>
> Thank You

0
scschnol (128)

Opening Access Database from Internet Explorer
sWe currently have a site where we can upload files and then a user can access these files. Currently we have an access database which when you click on the link you get the option to either save it or open it. When you click Open the Access database opens just fine on the machines that have Access 2003 but not the case for the machines that have Access 2007. At first I thought it was because I was trying to open a .mdb on a machine that has Access 2007 but then I created an Access 2007 database and the same error when I tried to open it through the site. Is anyone aware of c...

Just upgraded test 3.0 install to 4.0, weird error when opening account?
We are working on a full implementation to crm 3.0 in our office. Still working out some of the bug there. So, we decided to upgrade our test box to 4.0, so we can see if any of the bug we are having are worked out in 4.0. It appears that maybe they are... YAY :) But, when i open an account in 4.0, i get an error box that i have to hit OK 4 times, then everything is alright, and i can see the account, and check everything out. here is the error that is in the bottom of the pop up: http://127.0.0.1:5555/companyname/_common/error/dlg_error.aspx?hresult=Not%20available&errmessage= Tha...

How to open different excel books in different windows?
I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel sheets in different windows by opening single Excel application Just open them! If you want to see more than one at the same time, reduce the size of each window, so that you can fit them either side-by-side, or one in the upper half, and one in the lower half. I.e., move your mouse to one of the borders, click and drag to the middle of the screen "Yoga" wrote: > I just want to know which options should be enabled to open different exel > sheets in different windows by opening single Excel appl...

2003 xls(macro) occured error when opening with office 2007
hi! Everyone. Sorry, I'm not used to English. ^^; I have xls(with macro-Office2003 made) i changed office version 2003 to 2007.. (xls) macro code has "thisworkbook.close" when i called thisworkbook.close method... all xlsx, xls opend files closed with error... event ID 1000 . how can i solve this error... i need thisworkbook.close action.. -- Everyday is a little life!! Thank u!! Hi, No problem with the excellent English. Please post the code. Mike "HOONHEE" wrote: > hi! Everyone. > Sorry, I'm not used to English. ^...

password to open outlook
I think this is a basic question, but I am having problems making it work. I'd like to create a password to open my outlook so no one else can open my outlook and read my email messages. Can you send me the directions to do this? Thank you so much. On 13 Apr 2004 20:46, "Jane" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I think this is a basic question, but I am having problems making it >work. I'd like to create a password to open my outlook so no one else >can open my outlook and read my email messages. Can you send me the >directions to do this?...

Excel file opens MS Excel Training Webpage When the Excel file ope
I have a file that I think was originally created using the on-line MS training. Now evertime I open the excel file the web page automatically opens. It's mostly just an annouance. I was able to copy the content into a new file and it stopped this behavior but I'd love to know how it happened and/or how to turn it off in the original file. Excel 2007 - mail merge file - opens thle link below everytime I open the excel file http://office.microsoft.com/training/training.aspx?ver=12&ver=12&app=excel.exe&AssetID=RH011206001033 Thanks John ...

Error opening outlook #2
I am getting an error when I open outlook for the first time after booting/rebooting my pc. Outlook caused a general protection fault in module DIBENG.DLL at 0003:00000fa9. If I click close then reopen outlook and answer no to safe mode it works fine. If anyone has any ideas on fixing my problem please let me know. Thanks ...

Certification 12-22-04
Hi all, I'm looking for some info on the three certificaiton papers (Applications, Customizations and Installation). I've already taken up the training specific to the certification. Is there any link which would help me preparing for the exam ? --- Regards Parasuraman Check the posting "Implementation and Configuration Exam" posted on 6th Dec, contains some useful info. "Parasuraman" wrote: > Hi all, > > I'm looking for some info on the three certificaiton > papers (Applications, Customizations and Installation). > I've already...

Error message 12-31-09
When I receive e-mails, after so many are received, the following error message pops up. I assume I am getting all e-mails but really not sure if the error message pops up before all are received. This same error message pops up when I try to send e-mails or reply: The host 'smfp1.nf.sympatico.ca' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly. Subject 'Read: Port Aux Basque Dec 12th', Account: 'pop6.nf.sympatico.ca', Server: 'smfp1.nf.sympatico.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 11001...

Open Excel in different windows
When our company went to Office XP we saw a major difference in the way Excel acts. This difference has cost a lot of lost data, and tons of frustration. We find that you can be working on an excel file, and then you might open another excel file to look at or even for copying purposes. The problem is that when you close the 2nd excel file, excel automatically closes ALL excel files. Yes, it does ask you if you want to save changes to the 1st excel file, but after all the years of Microsoft prompting us to save any file that we have open, even when nothing has changed, people tend t...

Possible to open folder instead of url ?
ISV.CONFIG This doesn't seem to work, is it somehow possible to get it to open a folder instead for url ? <Home code="home"> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 1" Url="file://c:\windows\" Id="navIsv1"/> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 2" Url="http://investor.msn.com" Id="navIsv2"/> <NavBarItem Icon="/_imgs/ico_18_debug.gif" Title="ISV Test 3" Url="http://autos.msn.com" Id="navIsv3&q...

auto open .xla file
hi all, i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? tnx! -- rp Hi RP, In Excel, Tools | Add-Ins | Check the Rowlier Add-in | OK If the add-in is not listed, use the browse button to navigate to it. --- Regards, Norman "rp" <rufinojr54@hotpop.com> wrote in message news:u85Drds9EHA.3504@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > hi all, > > i've downloaded and used rowliner by cpearson and find it very useful. is > there a way to autostart it whenever i open an excel file? &...

OWA question #12
i recently changed my domain name, example: from homedomain.com to workdomain.com. I have an exchange server with OWA enabled, i used to log in to OWA by typing the following https://homedomain.com/exchange. When I changed my domain i figured i would just logon to my OWA by typing https://workdomain.com. However this is not working, I have made sure that the new domain name points to the correct boxes, firewall shows that a request is coming in on port 443 and being sent to the correct internal host. My smtp virtual server is mapped to the correct ip, but still have not been able to lo...

xlsx will not open from Explorer, opens from Excel 07
Hi folks, tia, I have a user that cannot open an xlsx from Windows Explorer but can do a File > Open from inside Excel 2007 successfully. I set macro security to enable all. File associations in Explorer are correct and pointing at Excel 07. Unfortunatley we don't have a lot of exposure to Office 2007 products yet.. Still trying to find the nooks and crannies. Thanks again, Kevin M Hi Kevin, An .xlsx file does not contain macros so enabling them will not affect it. It sounds like the file is on a shared network. Press the Office button and select Excel Options, g...

Sending attachments #12
Is there a way to select multiple files or folder and then amail each file or folder individually to the same recipient in Outlook, without adding them to 1 zipped folder? Thanks you can't email folders. You can multiply select files via Insert | File just as you usually multiply select files. "Hennie" <gm@hilton.com> wrote in message news:O0yoBxthFHA.1204@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to select multiple files or folder and then amail each file > or folder individually to the same recipient in Outlook, without adding > them to 1 zipped folder...

VBA
I am running a make table query and the query does not run if the table is open. How can I programmatically check to see if table is open and close it if it is open? Thank you so much for helping. "Sue" <sea_099@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:bd7c8b2a-b7a4-4afc-9774-99cb33fed0da@m25g2000yqc.googlegroups.com... >I am running a make table query and the query does not run if the > table is open. How can I programmatically check to see if table is > open and close it if it is open? Thank you so much for helping. You say your question is about VBA and you ...

when opening a mail merge document.
I have set up a merge document in WORD. I am using excel as my data info. When I open the document, it opens the excel spreadsheet way down in row like 10,000. Does anyone know how I can get it to open in the data on the spreadsheet? For help on Word mail merge using Excel as the data source. http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateAMailMerge.htm http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MailMerge/CreateADataSource.htm Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Thu, 19 Aug 2004 11:11:03 -0700, "kks212" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com&g...

Cannot open project file
Hi Can anybody suggest a reason why my Project 2003 file has suddenly stopped opening? It displays the error message 'Project cannot recognise this file format. Do you want to open the file as text only'. Anybody come across this before? Thanks Hi, Is this all files or just this one? If it's just the one, file corruption is a possibility, try a backup copy. If all files, then have you just updated to SP3? If so, legacy (older formats) are restricted by default. Under Tools, Options, Security tab, select the third option, allow legacy formats and try agai...

Password protect so no one can open w-sheet
I want to make the sheet so that it is not viewable by anyone but myself. Any help? Brad File Save As Tools General Options Put a password in the Password to open box Make sure you write down the password so you dont forget it and can get in at a later date "Brad" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:f64801c3f24f$14fe63a0$a301280a@phx.gbl... : I want to make the sheet so that it is not viewable by : anyone but myself. : Any help? : Brad And anyone can do a Google to find and download a free program to find the word you used! -- Bernard Lien...

how can I open MS SQLsharepoint database files
how can I open MS SQLsharepoint database files MSDE 2000 format I have a copy of the whole SQL folder from c:\program files. From a SBS 2003 instalation that crashed and oem does not allow me to do a repair and just would lieke to see what the data contains, even if I can get to to an excel or Access database to print out would help. Maybe... (haven't tried it myself) Using SharePoint Database Explorer on SBS http://blogs.technet.com/sbs/archive/2007/01/05/using-sharepoint-database-explorer-on-sbs.aspx -- Merv Porter [SBS-MVP] ============================ ...

Lookup #12
Hello I have a huge spreadsheet that has results ranging from 1 to 7 in apx 50 columns . I need to convert them to Letters. 7=A 6 =B etc down to 1 which is G. Amongst that there are decimals which for example 1.2 to 1.4 =G 1.5 to 2.4 =F 2.5 to 3.4 = E etc I tried doing a VLOOKUP but although most of them are correct, there some that aren't and I can't work out why. This is what I did. I named a range in another sheet "Grades" with one column with all the numbers and decimals and the second column has the letters they need to be converted to. In the main sheet, I e...

Diagnostic-Code: smtp;551 This is not a relay host
We have migrated and upgraded our exchange server tfrom 2000 to 2003. Some users have set Outlook forwarding of their emails to external accounts. However since the upgrade they are receving the following email from postmaster when an email is forwarded: Final-Recipient: rfc822;bob@hotmail.com Action: failed Status: 5.5.0 Diagnostic-Code: smtp;551 This is not a relay host - mail must be to or from host domain. X-Display-Name: bob@hotmail.com This only occurs on inbound emails from external addresses. Internal email does get forwarded out. Any idea why? john.easter@northdoor.co.uk wrote...

"This Identity cannot be opened with this version..." 04-08-10
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Very frustrated. <br> I was trying to free up some space of my HD, by dumping pictures to my airport backup drive, when I inadvertently dumped files from my entourage, which has now ceased to work as a result. I quickly restored, but to no avail. <br> lost pictures i wanted, but then found them.... <br> I then uninstalled Office, and had this identity error. I repaired my database as instructed and downloaded all the updates available for my computer. While the repair was happening it stalls and ...

Very Slow to open 2003 Excel Files
It takes me well over 60 seconds to load a file that is 4,000KB. I have tried everything I've seen in other posts to get this file to load faster but none have worked. I've repaired Excel, unchecked use DDE and put the %1 in, opened Excel and selected the file through those methods. However, I still have to wait anywhere from 45 seconds up to 4 hours was the longest loading time to date. I have 14 Excel files that I work with on a daily basis and this is the only one that gives me any trouble. There are many calculations and links to various other sheets, but that ...

cannot open a file #2
Hello, I have an excel file about 700 KB, but when I double clicked on it, no data inside, it just has only 3 blank sheets as opening a new file. Please tell me a way to open it. Thanks. You are not describing your problem correctly. You HAVE opened the file. If you couldn't open it, you would get an error message telling you that. You may have saved a blank workbook over the "real" file. If that's the case, you cannot recover it unless you have a backup. On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 20:15:02 -0700, "Nightingale" <Nightingale@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...