Open other users folder

Hi Folks

I have seen the subject come up numerous times on this group but I have not
been able to rectify the problem at my site.  I don;t have any knowledge to
how this install was done but here is my problem

Setup: Ex2K, Win2K....possilbly upgraded from ex5.5.

Scenario:  All users can view all other users mailbox contents using Open
Other Users Folder.....  There are no delegates set on any outlook clients.

Checks: I have checked mailbox rights in "Exchange Advanced" tab and most
security is inherited.  Everyone group has read access ticked (inherit) but I
think this is normal. The only non-inheritted permission is the SELF user -
(Read & Full mailbox) seems normal but at other sites I have worked at, it
specifies the users account for this permission.

I have checked exchange admins, domain servers & services group for rogue
members. Enterprise groups etc. all seems good.  there is a  Services SA.
Account in there..not sure what this is..?? System Attendant??

I have checked security on the mailbox store in Sys Manager here are the
groups and permissions.

Administrator - domain account - all boxes ticked (inherited)
Administrators - domain group - all boxes ticked (not inherited)
Authenticated Users - built in - all boxes ticked (inherited)
CREATOR OWNER- ?? - Nothing ticked but has Full Control perms to sub
containers
Domain Admin - Domain Group - nothing ticked but full control to this
container only
DORIC1$ - domain account - doric1 is the server computer name - all boxes
ticked (inherited)
Everyone - AD Group - No permission boxes ticked but has numerous special
perms inheritted- read, execute, read permissions, list contents, list
objects, read properties.
Exchange Admin -
Exchange Domain Servers -
Exchange Services -
Server Operators -

Can Anybody help me and has any body found the problem.

0
TomF (11)

See http://support.microsoft.com/?scid=kb;en-us;326061

TomF wrote:
> Hi Folks
>
> I have seen the subject come up numerous times on this group but I
> have not been able to rectify the problem at my site.  I don;t have
> any knowledge to how this install was done but here is my problem
>
> Setup: Ex2K, Win2K....possilbly upgraded from ex5.5.
>
> Scenario:  All users can view all other users mailbox contents using
> Open Other Users Folder.....  There are no delegates set on any
> outlook clients.
>
> Checks: I have checked mailbox rights in "Exchange Advanced" tab and
> most security is inherited.  Everyone group has read access ticked
> (inherit) but I think this is normal. The only non-inheritted
> permission is the SELF user - (Read & Full mailbox) seems normal but
> at other sites I have worked at, it specifies the users account for
> this permission.
>
> I have checked exchange admins, domain servers & services group for
> rogue members. Enterprise groups etc. all seems good.  there is a
> Services SA. Account in there..not sure what this is..?? System
> Attendant??
>
> I have checked security on the mailbox store in Sys Manager here are
> the groups and permissions.
>
> Administrator - domain account - all boxes ticked (inherited)
> Administrators - domain group - all boxes ticked (not inherited)
> Authenticated Users - built in - all boxes ticked (inherited)
> CREATOR OWNER- ?? - Nothing ticked but has Full Control perms to sub
> containers
> Domain Admin - Domain Group - nothing ticked but full control to this
> container only
> DORIC1$ - domain account - doric1 is the server computer name - all
> boxes ticked (inherited)
> Everyone - AD Group - No permission boxes ticked but has numerous
> special perms inheritted- read, execute, read permissions, list
> contents, list objects, read properties.
> Exchange Admin -
> Exchange Domain Servers -
> Exchange Services -
> Server Operators -
>
> Can Anybody help me and has any body found the problem.

0
lanwench (7567)

Hyperlink to folder on Save
Hi I'm losing the link to my folder when I save my worksheet having set it up a hyperlink. I've tried switiching off 'update links on Save' in the Web Options which seems to work OK but when anyone else opens the file form another network PC, the link is lost again when they save the document. Is there anyway I can lock the hyperlink down so the address doesn't get aleter when its saved on other network PCs? Try using the HYPERLINK() function instead =HYPERLINK("file:////c:\filename.xls","Book1") -- Jacob (MVP - Excel) "F...

Fontcache for network users
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel Hello! I am managing 36 iMAC's in a windows environment (Active Directory) with an xserve binded in to it among 500 XP desktops. The trouble I have is with the actual network users home drive (I think). The network home drive is specified by the active directory (LDAP) which use SMB share to all users (1600), the user accounts are locked down by the workgroup manager on the xserve. When a network user logs on with an smb homedrive the font menu is not appearing in the WYSIWYG format but everything else works just ...

I received a .pub doc. How do I open it?
I have XP Pro...... Hi redcaver2003 (redcaver2003@discussions.microsoft.com), in the newsgroups you posted: || I have XP Pro...... 1. Open Microsoft Publisher 2. Go to File > Open and browse to the location on your harddrive where you saved the file 3. Click Open. -- Brian Kvalheim Microsoft Publisher MVP http://www.publishermvps.com ~pay it forward~ This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Unless you have Publisher you won't be able to open it. Choices: Get Publisher Have the sender use another method, i.e., convert to pdf. -- D...

ad user to Local group
Hello, I was told that I need to add the user to the DHCP Administrators local group if I do not want the same user to have control over the other DHCP servers I have, How can I accomplish this ? Thank you -- aconti ------------------------------------------------------------------------ aconti's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/73272.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/active-directory/1310820.htm http://forums.techarena.in ...

Using Powerpoint 2007
PPS files on webpage open as PPT using PowerPoint 2007. Don't have this same issue when opening the same link from an Office 2003 computer, they run the show only. -- Miroshak ...

Opening LInks in Email
I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an email. Can this feature be activated? TIA Eric Aloha ecm, Probably. We need a lot more information about your setup to tell you how, though. To start with What version of Outlook are you using? -Ben- Ben M. Schorr - MVP Roland Schorr & Tower http://www.rolandschorr.com Microsoft OneNote FAQ: http://www.factplace.com/onenotefaq.htm > I am not able to open address links when they are sent as part of an > email. Can this feature be activated? > > TIA > Eri I'm using ver 6 Outlook Express. ...

unable to open outlook #4
I have microsoft outook 2002. I can no longer open it. It has hour glass icon and freezes. After ending task it asks to start the outlook program in safe mode. That also failed. Where can get help? Please advice. sp See http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -What do the Outlook Icons Mean? -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "sp" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:05d201c48fe9$bf767560$a401280a@phx.gbl... >I have m...

Badmail folder filling up
Anyone know how to correctly delete files from the badmail folder. It is filling up and will eventually use up all my disk space. Also, is there any way to move this folder to a different drive. I don't want this folder filling up and crashing my server. Thanks! Stop SMTP Services and recreate the VS1 folder with all its content. Then start the services again. BUT, you may having a realy or virus problem, so if you move the folder to a bigger disk, you will still have the problem. Look forward and see if you are infected or your sistem is ised to mail relay. >-----Origina...

Opening Text Files and Re-Saving Them
Hi. I am trying to write some code which will allow a user to select a folder and then will open all of the text files in that folder and re-save them as excel files. I have sorted out the code to enable the user to select the folder they wish to use, but am looking some assistance on the looping to enable each of the text files to be opened and re-saved. Can anyone suggest how I might do this. Thanks. If the text files are all the same, you could record a macro that Opens, saves as an excel file, and closes the file. Then that recorded macro could be modified to open...

Outlook 2003 Can't Open Item MS OFFICE FAILED
Yikes, I'm having a real problem. I am running Windows XP with Service Pack 2 Home Edition Office 2003 with Service Pack 2 (only have Outlook and Word installed) Toshiba Notebook M15-S405 Satellite Pro 1.4 ghz with 512 mgs ram I woke up one morning and saw that I had a stop error window open on my computer explaining that Windows had encountered some kind of driver error and that windows had to restart. Windows offered that I review my system for serious errors. That is a very sad thing to wake up to. So I ran a chkdsk and defragged and a virus check. No problems there. I checked my ...

trouble opening office 2003 excel files
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I am having difficulty opening Excel files that were created in the 2003 version withthe 2008 version. The files were originally created on a windows XP machine, then imported into a Mac using Office 2003 under system 10.4. The files are rather large, approximately 60 columns by 10,000 rows. I haad no difficulty in working with the files between the Windows and Mac systems. I recently got a new MacBook Pro with an Intel processor and installed Office 2008. When I try to read these large Excel files on my new lap...

Unable to display the folder. The inbox folder could not be found
I'm new to Exchange. I'm setting up a very small exchange system at home (MSDN), in order to learn a little about it before making the decision to move to it in the office or not. My home server is acting as both a PDC and Exchange Server. All appears to be fine, and I can access my exchange account, while my other half can access her exchange account. However, although I've given myself access to my other-half's inbox (sharing, given my user "Publishing Editor" access to her inbox), when I attempt to open her inbox from Outlook, I receive the message "Unable...

User Name #2
Every time I try to open an Excel or Word document I'm prompted to enter a user name (which is added by default). It has only recently appeared. How do I get rid of this pest? I'm using Office 2007 and Windows Vista. ...

Open Access2000 from Visual Studio C++ 6.0
How can I open an Access 2002 data base from MSV C++ 6.0? Flor wrote: > How can I open an Access 2002 data base from MSV C++ 6.0? Hi Flor, There are many ways to open an Access DB what method are you wanting to use. ADO? DAO? ODBC? -- William ...

Cannot open document in email because it needs excel. How do I d.
I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. How do I open this document? Fredd Assuming you do not have Excel installed. Download and install the Excel Viewer from.... http://office.microsoft.com/downloads/2000/xlviewer.aspx You will be able to view and print Excel worksheets. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Sun, 7 Nov 2004 17:04:04 -0800, "fred" <fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have inbound email that will not open attachment becausse it is on excel. >How do I open this document? fred wrote: > I have inbound email that...

How Do I add users to the Global Adress List in Exch2003??
I installed the Exhange SP1 to fix the problem that relates specifically to Event ID 8331. This did not fix the problem. Some users are not showing up in the Global Address List. How do I add them back? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Jeff ...

is there any way to open access 2003 files in 2007 ??
I am a student using access 2003 at college, I have access 2007 at home. I am unable to open any 2003 db files using 2007, there appear to be compatability issues...is there a quick fix ? Access 2003 .mdb files should open in Access 2007. I do it all the time. However Access 2007 .accdb files will NOT open in Access 2003. I tell my Access 2007 students that they MUST use 2007 to do the homework. What kind of error are you getting? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "Andrew" wrote: > I am...

Not Enough System Resources... When Opening Excel
One of my users has just started getting this error when she opens Excel: Not enought system resources to display completely. She is opening Excel, not an Excel file, ie: new worksheet. This is on XP with SP2 and all updates Excel is version 2000 9.0.6923 SP 3 The only other apps running are Outlook 2000 and SnagIt, a screen capture program. I'm thinking the easiest resolution will be to re-insatll Excel. Any other thoughts or suggestions? Thanks! Dave Nope. Close Excel and then go find a file called *.xlb and delete it - You may have to search in hidden files and folders. It&#...

How can I know the folders of searched out mails?
Hello, If I search for mails - particularly those already in Archive folders, I get a list of such mails and can of cours open them etc., but I do not see any way to establish in which folder they are actually stored. Harry120 You'll need to use google or windows desktop search (or other search tool) - outlook won't give you folder paths. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net ...

Schedule+ Free Busy System Folders "Access Denied"
Have you guys seen issues where full exchange administrators are unable to delete empty schedule+ free busy folders from system manager....they are constantly prompted for authentication I'm working on an Exchange 2003 SP2 site consolidation and migration from 10 exchange 5.5 sites to 2 Exchange 2003 Admin Groups...using the site consolidation features, the free busy folders from the consolidated sites remain in the Org, but they have empty replica lists due to the consolidated mailboxes now have new legacyexchangedn and use just the two admin groups free busy folders. So, I have ...

Chinese Version mdb cannot be opened by Japanese Version
I use Chinese Version Access 2002 to develop a .mdb file, using 2000 format. However, the Japanese collegue cannot open it with his Japanese Version Access 2000. I tried my .mdb file in my Chinese collegue computer using Chinese Access 2000 version, OK, can open. So, I wonder that: Chinese version .mdb cannot be opened by Japanese microsoft office ! Is that so ? How can I solve this problem ? Thanks! Martin 2008-02-14 ...

Unable to open Dex.Dic
I am running SBF 8.0 My system hung and I had to manually shut it down . Now when I try to get into SBF I get the message in teh subject line. Do I have to re install? ...

Items not showing up in the Personal Folders list
I'm having a rather bizarre problem with Outlook 2003. My Contacts, Journal, Calendar folders aren't showing up in my "Personal Folder List" anymore. I know there has to be a setting buried somewhere to get them back. It happened after I had to export my pst file before a fresh install of Windows. After I imported it all the messages They showed up just fine under Personal Folders->Inbox as well as Deleted Items, Drafts, Junk E-mail, Outbox and Search Folders. Now how do I go about getting Contacts, Calendar and such to show up again? Thanks in advance, Scott -- Scott Be...

Bank One users .. Please read
Are you using the same username and password to access accounts etc through Bank One web site as well as Direct Link (online access) feature in Money 2004 (or earlier)? I am unable to use my username/password (8 characters) that works on Bank One web site, to access account information in Money 2004. This is for Bank One in Ohio. Bank One tech support thinks that it should. They think that the same username/password is used for both functions. However, MS Money web tech support insists that a different username/password (4 characters) is needed for the Direct Link feature in Money. I am ...

Selecting a directory or folder in Hyperlink dialog box
I am building a macro that will automate the first few steps of building a hyperlink. Because I don't know the location or name of the file to which the hyperlink will point, I would like the user to complete the process past a certain point. So, I have the following items in the macro thus far (for 2007): Application.SendKeys ("%NI") Application.SendKeys ("%L") This opens the Hyperlink dialog box and then activates the Look In block. Now I would like to direct it to a certain directory in the Look In block allowing the user to complete the h...