Only one user at a time can access OWA

Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at
any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log
on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem.

Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT
but a hacking attack put paid to that system!

Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this
problem anywhere else.

Any suggestions welcomed

Regards

Mike Cameron
0
cameronm (2)

cameronm@queensbury.beds.sch.uk (Mike Cameron) wrote:

>Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at
>any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log
>on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem.
>
>Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT
>but a hacking attack put paid to that system!
>
>Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this
>problem anywhere else.
>
>Any suggestions welcomed
>
>Regards
>

>Mike Cameron

And you''ve checked that no-one has set the maximum concurrent
connections on the web site to a figure that at least exceeds "1"?

Mark Arnold MCSA MCSE+M MVP, mark@mvps.org
mark7219 (5666)
1/23/2004 8:39:43 PM
Yes and no. Yes I have checked it and the figure stands at the
sensible one for the server of 2000. No because I can get more than
one concurrent connection to the server - any number of users can get
the OWA log in page and then get the "OWA was unable to get to your
inbox" message afterwards - indicating to me that there is a session
on the webserver for more than one user. What we can't seem to acheive
is an authenticated session.

There does not seem to be a problem with the authentication - ie all
users can authenticate, but only one at a time!

Prior to upgrading to W2K this system worked fine - can't help
thinking that I am missing something in the morrass of the W2K
policies somewhere.

Help!

"Mark Arnold [MVP]" <mark@mvps.org> wrote in message news:<ri1310lu2lf94p6fvng5gvlkjd1m1p82rb@4ax.com>...
> cameronm@queensbury.beds.sch.uk (Mike Cameron) wrote:
>
> >Using Exchange 5.5 SP3 on W2K. Only one user can log on using OWA at
> >any one time. As soon as the first user logs out the next can then log
> >on, but in a organisation of 1300 - bit of a problem.
> >
> >Previously we did have things working fine with Exchange 5.5 on WinNT
> >but a hacking attack put paid to that system!
> >
> >Have run through MS trouble shooting but found no mention of this
> >problem anywhere else.
> >
> >Any suggestions welcomed
> >
> >Regards
> >

> >Mike Cameron
0
cameronm (2)

owa cant open ppt attachments

Reporting from Project Server

Users ability to Manage Groups

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

microsoft.public.access.conversion

Access to User Calendar

Are Exchange 2003 OWA Backups necessary

OWA: Cannot send mail / mail goes to draft folder
Hello, I have the same problem how SC. I have an OWA 2003 and if I sent a mail the mail goes every in the draft folder. I can't send it. Please help me! Greetings Christof ...

Automatically copy input from one cell to another
After I enter a value in one cell, how can I have it automatically enter it into another cell, within the same worksheet, or into a different worksheet. Thanks, Tom picktr@wowway.co -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com If you enter the value in A1 of sheet1, put this in the other cell in sheet1: =A1 or in another worksheet: =Sheet1!A1 In article <picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>, picktr <<picktr.15c6uy@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote: > After I enter a value in one cell, how can > I have it automatically enter it into another cell...

Mobile Access
When I try to reach our mobile access by typing http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... A system error has occurred while processing your request. Please try again. If the problem persists, contact your administrator. Any ideas what could be wrong? Thanks, Jose What is "oma" supposed to be? "Jose Alfaro" <ja@mkrs.com> wrote in message news:2cfc01c3fcaa$2e5247d0$a101280a@phx.gbl... > When I try to reach our mobile access by typing > http://serverIP/oma, I get the error... > > A system error has occurred while processing your > request. Please...

Very Strange EX2003 OWA Behaviour
Hi All, In my Exchange org I have two EX2003 FrontEnd Servers and 1 EX2000 and 1 EX2003 Back end servers. I have moved a couple of mailboxes to the EX2003 backend and configured OWA with SSL on one of the FrontEnds. Everything seems to work fine, sometimes. While logging into a test account on OWA 2003, I am sometimes unable to connect (Access denied - bad user name or password). After checking the IIS logs on both the back-end and the front-end servers, I can see that the server is attempting to login to MY own account with the test account credentials. blah blah.... /exchange/myfirstname...

can't open new worksheets in a separate window
I've been trying to open multiple wookbooks in Excel, but they won't open in a new window. Instead they continue to open in the same window - one on top of the other. I've tried playing around with the maximize and restore, but to no avail. I tried right clicking on the Excel button in the taskbar to cascade the windows, but the pop-up menu is inactive. any advice would be greatly appreciated. Running Excel 2003, Windows XP. This might be it: Tools - Options - View tab - Show: Windows in taskbar. Earl Kiosterud www.smokeylake.com "3R's" <3R's@di...

Can validation lists be enlarged
When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which has been reduced to view. Hi for a workaround see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal08.html#Larger -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "AC" <AC@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:B6A557E7-7B2C-459B-94CE-02606B6CAB3A@microsoft.com... > When a validtion list is created can this be enlarged in a spreadsheet which > has been reduced to view. ...

Remote humans can't get email addressed to them from within the do
I call them remote humans because they are not "users" set up on the SBS2003 system. I've set up a local domain, call it domain.local, and the email domain is domain.org. For all internal users, there is no problem. But there are two people, out of state, with email addresses user1@domain.org and user2@domain.org. Our email is hosted, and we use the POP3 connector to bring it into our Exchange server. We do not use POP3 connector for the remote humans - their Outlook client has the POP3 account set up on it. These remotes will never connect to the local domain, all th...