One user cannot access OWA

Exchange 2003 Sp2 running on 2003 member server

All users can connect to their OWA from outside and inside the company.

Outside http://mail.domainname.com/exhange
Inside http://servername/exchange

I have 1 user who can access it from inside but not outside - everytime he
tries to access it from outside it won't accept his username and/or
password - I have tried
domainname\username and just username

OWA is checked on his account as well.

Any suggestions ?

Thanks
Paul

0
paul4711 (43)

On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:22:00 -0800, "Paul" <paul@home.com> wrote:

>Exchange 2003 Sp2 running on 2003 member server
>
>All users can connect to their OWA from outside and inside the company.
>
>Outside http://mail.domainname.com/exhange
>Inside http://servername/exchange
>
>I have 1 user who can access it from inside but not outside - everytime he
>tries to access it from outside it won't accept his username and/or
>password - I have tried
>domainname\username and just username
>
>OWA is checked on his account as well.
>
>Any suggestions ?
>
>Thanks
>Paul

Does his default SMTP address match the other users ( and the HTTP
virtual directory In ESM )?
0
adavid (8731)
3/31/2006 10:32:19 PM
Yes his SMTP address is firstname.lastname@domainname.com and where do I
check the HTTP virtual directory in ESM and how would it be possible for a
user to have an individual HTTP Virt Dir ?

> Does his default SMTP address match the other users ( and the HTTP
> virtual directory In ESM )?

0
paul4711 (43)
3/31/2006 10:55:31 PM
On Fri, 31 Mar 2006 14:55:31 -0800, "Paul" <paul@home.com> wrote:

>Yes his SMTP address is firstname.lastname@domainname.com and where do I
>check the HTTP virtual directory in ESM and how would it be possible for a
>user to have an individual HTTP Virt Dir ?

He probably wouldnt have his own virtual directory. :)
Make sure the Exchange virtual server path under
Protocols/HTTP/Exchange is the same as the default reply address.
Since it only affect one user, it probably isnt this.
Their account isnt expired or requiring a password change does it?

>> Does his default SMTP address match the other users ( and the HTTP
>> virtual directory In ESM )?

0
adavid (8731)
3/31/2006 11:03:36 PM
How long ago was the user account created?  Could be a metabase update issue.

Jeff Guillet, MCSE

"Paul" wrote:

> Exchange 2003 Sp2 running on 2003 member server
>
> All users can connect to their OWA from outside and inside the company.
>
> Outside http://mail.domainname.com/exhange
> Inside http://servername/exchange
>
> I have 1 user who can access it from inside but not outside - everytime he
> tries to access it from outside it won't accept his username and/or
> password - I have tried
> domainname\username and just username
>
> OWA is checked on his account as well.
>
> Any suggestions ?
>
> Thanks
> Paul

The user was created about 3 weeks ago - maybe changing his password would
trigger something ...

"Jeff Guillet, MCSE" <JeffGuilletMCSE@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:65B21328-C220-4654-BB0F-F8BDCEDF01D2@microsoft.com...
> How long ago was the user account created?  Could be a metabase update
> issue.
>
> Jeff Guillet, MCSE
>
> "Paul" wrote:
>
>> Exchange 2003 Sp2 running on 2003 member server
>>
>> All users can connect to their OWA from outside and inside the company.
>>
>> Outside http://mail.domainname.com/exhange
>> Inside http://servername/exchange
>>
>> I have 1 user who can access it from inside but not outside - everytime
>> he
>> tries to access it from outside it won't accept his username and/or
>> password - I have tried
>> domainname\username and just username
>>
>> OWA is checked on his account as well.
>>
>> Any suggestions ?
>>
>> Thanks
>> Paul

0
paul4711 (43)

Problem placing Mail Merge Results on one page
Hello Experts, This is what I am trying to accomplish: I use Publisher to create 4 x 6 labels and I decided that I want to become more efficient. I have merged my label to an excel spreadsheet. I am grabbing data from two fields within the excel spreadsheet. I have used a filter to filter out the ones I don't want. Everything works except one thing. When it comes time to print, it print one merge result to one label. So if I have five results, it will print 5 individual labels for each merge result. I want to be able to print all five results to just one label. Is this possible? ...

how do I create supervisor hierarchy with the access table
I am trying to create a supervisor roll up table with the employee data information. My table currently has employee id, employee name, supervisor id and supervisor name. I am trying to create an organizational roll up up to 4 levels. E.g. Employee John Doe is reporting to Jim Smith who reports to Steve Williams who reports to Jack Martin. I am trying to create a table such as below through a query and not having much success. Any help will be much appreciated. Employee Name Supervior 1 Supervisor 2 Supervisor 3 John Doe Jim Smith St...

Is 'system attendant' needed for OWA 2000 ?
I am following info below to secure my OWA server. System attendant is not listed. Do I need System Attendant 'running' on OWA 2000 ? Since the role of this server is to only support Web-based e-mail, many of the Exchange services installed by the default configuration can be disabled. The table shows the services that are configured in the OWA Front-end Server Policy. Table 3.5 Services configured in the OWA Front-end Server Policy Service Name Startup Mode Reason Microsoft Exchange IMAP4 Disabled OWA server not configured for IMAP4 Microsoft Exchange Informat...

Access 2007 not showing field names in query wizard/lookup wizard/etc
Hi, This happened to me while at a customer site and caused a few problems. It is no longer occurring, but I wonder if anyone has suggestions. The issue was that on new databases or existing ones, i could not create new queries or use the lookup wizard when creating tables because the list of fields in existing tables or queries would not show up. Today i go into the exact same db's and it works fine. It's not a huge issue because i could just do all the queries by hand and whatnot, but it slowed me down considerably and i just want to try to avoid it in the future (plus i just th...

Populating data from one CRM field to another. (CRM 3.0)
Hello, I have a custom field in Accounts. This field is called "discount" and it holds a number from 0-100. I have created a matching feild in Opportunities. When ever some one opens an Opportunity I want the discount field to be populated with the value from the discount field from the Account that the Opportunity belongs to. I have some ideas but I know I need a lot of help. For starters I figured I would use an OnLoad from Opportunities to check the Discount field from the Account and make opportunity discount field equal that value. crmForm.all.CFCRevSoftwareNet.DataValu...

How can I search for messages of an author, when I don't see one a
The help file states that I can search for "recent message posted by this author" from within a message, but I don't see how to do it without finding a message for the author to begin with. Doesn't make sense to me. -- Peice, Love,... Many Groovies Not an Excel question, you are using CDO, don't know what you do there. But I expect you would have much better results using Google Advanced Groups Search. And because most questions have already been asked would certainly want to encourage the use of Google Advanced Groups Search to search newsgroups: http:...

Opening Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98
Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? The requirement would be for Internet Explorer. Please read the following; http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;821909&Product=exch2003 "Lisa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C8D2196C-7393-488A-887F-30631365102E@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know if there are any problems associated with using Outlook Web Access 2003 on Windows 98? ...

The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid 01-10-07
Hi all, In our MSCRM 3.0 when we try and copy a contract that's assigned to a certain user we get the following error "The user authentication passed to the platform is not valid." Even with system admin privileges we cannot copy a contract assigned to that user. If we re-assign the contract to any other user we are able to copy the contract. Anyone got some information to help me understand this better? Cheers Dan Hi All, I know my reply/post is irrelevant for this thread. But i cannot reply to older posts and this is the latest thread in this newsgroup for the mention...

Catalog merge from access to publisher
I am trying to create a catalog merge from access to publisher. I have multiple catagories in access that use the yes/no check box. I would like those check boxes to appear in my merge document so that they will print out instead of coming up "True" or "False". I've already gone into my access database and made sure that the display option was set for check boxes. I think that I have to do something in publisher, but I'm not sure what. Thanks in advance for help! Patrick lonesax wrote: > I am trying to create a catalog merge from access to publisher. ...

Lame Question: Creating graphics links that a user can "copy short
Hello, I want to add the small orange "RSS" graphic to my web page to allow my readers to click on it as part of the process of subscribing to my Rss feed. If I add a piece of text to my web page and then assign a hyperlink to that piece of text pointing to myfeed.rss, then when my user right-clicks on this link, they will be given the option to "Copy Shortcut," which they can then paste into their Rss Reader. And this works fine, except the link is text and I want the standard orange graphic. However, if I add this graphic to my page and assign it a hyperlink to ...

Redirecting all e-mail from one external user (or domain) to an SBS (2003) user
Hello - this might seem a silly question, I hope not. I have a client who wishes to redirect all e-mail coming from an external user (example: fred@xyz.com), to a local user (wilma@companyname.com) I can block the e-mail from either the specific user or the domain, with or without an archive, in System Manager > Message Delivery properties, but cannot work out how to simply forward the specific e-mails. Any assistance greatly appreciated, Thanks, Ashley ...

Restrict access to folder in outlook
I have a situation where in multiple users have Full mailbox rights on a common mailbox, however each of these users want to create a folder in outlook and want to restrict access to others or may be share rights with some of the people but not all. I tried by setting the permission to None on the newly created folder from outlook but this did not restrict access as these accounts have full mailbox rights. Is it possible to meet this requirement ? if so How ? On 23 Mar 2007 04:51:40 -0700, cs.lingaraju@googlemail.com wrote: >I have a situation where in multiple users have Full mailbox ...

Outlook Out of Office Rule
Does anyone know if it is possible to set the out of office rule as a delegate to someones inbox on exchange server? ...

CRMExchageQueueService
Hi everybody, we have been using crm 1.2 and sending e-mails using the exchange router. On my exchange server however I have been getting the following application log errors and warnings from CRMExchangeQueueService source populated for each and every email that is being sent and received using crm, eventhough the emails actually are received by the users (however the replies are not populated back in the crm for some reason although they are received at outlook). THE WARNING IS AS BELOW Event Type: Warning Event Source: CrmExchangeQueueService Event Category: None Event ID: 5897 Dat...

OWA Cannot Change Password
I just upgraded my exchange 2000 to exchange 2003 the only problem I am having is that when I click to to change my password I get Page cannot be displayed. I was able to change my password through OWA before the upgrade just not after any ideas? Gino Do you have SSL enabled? Upgrading may reset some of the registry settings - not sure on that though. Did you also upgrade to Windows 2003? IIRC, IIS 6.0 uses a different method for changing passwords. I'd suggest running through the following KB article and make sure everything is set up correctly. http://support.microsoft.com/d...

OWA Contacts don't show in 'Send To' list
I'm currently using the WebDAV exchange interface to add contacts from our internal application, much the same as OWA does. If an email address is specified when the contact is added/updated (proppatch), the contact shows in the 'send to' dialog (addressing emails/faxes). If not, the contact is not shown. However, if I supply at least a Display Name on the email, the contact will appear in the send to dialog. Unfortunately, when I use the latter workaround, the MS Fax wizard (ships with windows xp or office xp, one or the other I think) throws an error about 'cannot resolve t...

Excel sheet in Access Form
I have Excel sheet of 60x20 cells. What I would like to do in Access is have a form in which this Excel sheet is included (there are a couple of reasons why I want this in Access). That is, you can fill in the Excel sheet for each observation (so not just to show data in the Form but also to enter data from the Access form to the Excel sheet). I'm not sure how Access should save this (perhaps a seperate sheet for each observation?) Is including an Excel sheet possible in Access? I have tried to link a Table to the Excel sheet. But this is not the same as having an Excel sheet within a Acc...

OWA in Exchange 2007
Any way to remove the "arrange by groups" that OWA defaults? Takes up too much screen space. Thanks. "Bruce Johnson" <bjohnson@MSAD5.org> wrote in message news:e%23IlQ%23edHHA.596@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl... > Any way to remove the "arrange by groups" that OWA defaults? Takes up too > much screen space. OWA is actually part of Exchange and not part of Outlook, so you may want to ask over in microsoft.public.exchange.clients. Sorry. =) -- f.h. Only in America.... :) I did, and they sent me over to this newsgroup.. "F.H. Muffman"...

Adding additional users to a client computer
I'm running SBS 2003 R2. I have a number of client computers connected to the server, but each of these has been allocated only one user account. Local reorganisation has led the users to ask if they can be allowed to log into any computer, not just the one they used to. SBS provides a setup computer wizard where you can add a new computer and then add users to it. However this won't work with an existing computer, and I can't find an obvious way of doing this from the server. (I had looked at establishing roaming profiles as a possible way around this, but th...

permission to add user to a certain store only
I would like to enable remote OU admins to be able to mail enable users, but only allow them to put their users on the store hosting that site. I have looked in the security tab in the store properties and I am not sure which permissions need to be checked. I want to say 'Administer Information store' would work, but I don't know if that will give them rights to delete that store. We have a very wide spread network and I only want them to add users to the store. Right now, we have them adding users to their OU and then send in a helpdesk ticket to mail enable that user! ...

Restricting access to public folder
I need to restrict access to all public folders for some new employees for a client. The client is using Exchanger Server 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 SBS server. Can you tell me how I can accomplish this? Jim Very good article, please read it. http://www.msexchange.org/tutorials/Public-Folder-Improvements-Exchange-2003-Service-Pack-2.html Systems Administrator-Messaging, India "Jim Peterson" wrote: > I need to restrict access to all public folders for some new employees for a > client. The client is using Exchanger Server 2003 SP2 on a Windows 2003 SBS > server. Ca...

No CRM user exists with specified domain name and user id (CRM 4.0
I am getting the above message when i attempt to connect to my CRM server from a users PC. The Outlook client was installed, he got into CRM fine one day then the next day he went to expand the folder in Outlook for CRM and was prompted for a user name and password to access the server. He entered the administrator account and was denied access. Ever since i cannot get into CRM from his PC as him. I can logon fine as him via the web version from another PC but cannot get into either the web version or outlook client version from his PC. I have removed CRM for Outlook, got rid of r...

How do I disable OWA for all user in Exchange 2000?
Hello, How do I disable OWA access for all users? (5000) We have OWA running and only want specific employees (45) to be able to use this function. (I can enable those 45 users manually, after everyone is disabled) Our primary means of using Exchange is through the Outlook2000/2000 client. We want all users to continue to be able to logon via Outlook. Is this even possible? Pleas help! Ulf Levau Serkon AB Sweden ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- How to disable OWA for a single user in Exchange 2000? (but I need to disable all 5000 users) I...

Access 95 Conversion
I have access 95 2.0. I have a huge amount of information gathered over the years in my files. My old computer isn't fast enough for me to load the new office access software and thus upgrade the files and I no longer have the old access discs in order to install access 95 into my new computer and then upgrade the program. The new access will not read the old files when I try to move them over. What can I do? email address is tdevito@bellsouth.net What version of Access do you have now? I thought that all of them were capable of opening files created in Access 95. Do you get...

updating table using user value
Hi all, I am trying to design a system wherein based on the the po no. each line item gets recorded in the database. If there is a partial shipment for the line 1 shipment than when the item is being received by the same po no again same line no. it should add up the qty received value. eg. if total shipment qty = 100 first shipment qty received = 50 in line 1 second shipment qty received = 50 in line 1 shipment complete. one po order can have more than 50 line items and i have to keep record of each item issued in and issued out. any help on how this can be done. ...