One of our big clients can not sent us email

One of our new clients can not send us email.  They have no trouble sending
to other clients, however all of their mail to us is rejected with the
following message.

Your message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to
accept it (the error message is reproduced below). This type of error is
usually due to a mis-configured account or mail delivery system on the
destination computer; however, it could be caused by your message since some
mail systems refuse messages with invalid header information, or if they are
too large.

Your message was rejected by mail.hortyelving.com for the following reason:

5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused

This happens even when they are replying to a message sent from us.

We are using SBS2000 and Exchange 200.

TIA

Mike

0
mgudmund (1)

sounds to me that either you are explicitly blocking email from this company
by IP address, or email domain, or you are subscribed to an RBL that has
them listed...have you checked any of these things?

"microsoft" <mgudmund@nosp.isd.net> wrote in message
> One of our new clients can not send us email.  They have no trouble
sending
> to other clients, however all of their mail to us is rejected with the
> following message.
>
> This Message was undeliverable due to the following reason:
>
> Your message was not delivered because the destination computer refused to
> accept it (the error message is reproduced below). This type of error is
> usually due to a mis-configured account or mail delivery system on the
> destination computer; however, it could be caused by your message since
some
> mail systems refuse messages with invalid header information, or if they
are
> too large.
>
> Your message was rejected by mail.hortyelving.com for the following
reason:

> 5.7.1 Requested action not taken: message refused
>
> This happens even when they are replying to a message sent from us.
>
> We are using SBS2000 and Exchange 200.
>

> TIA
>
> Mike

0
sconkey (3059)

Frx Reports to be use on other client machines without installing
Hi, I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want to run these reports on other clients machine without installing the Frx. Can u please tell me the correct way. Your immediate help will be greatly appreciated. -- Developer -- Bud Cool, Accounting System Manager HDA, Inc. Hazelwood, MO GP 9.0, SP2 "Dexdev" wrote: > Hi, > > I installed Frx as a thin clinet on my GP client machine and created Balance > sheet and income statement reports successfully but now I want t...

Browser lags, and computer revs on one website
One website I have gone to makes my computer rev and the browser lags, driving me to distraction. I tried it again, yesterday, and it did that again - no other websites do that. I know you want my CPU specifics, but where to find all of them? My IE is 7.0.5730.7.13; using XP Pro; have all updates current, "cleaning" scans done twice a week; using Security Essentials (do I need to keep AdAware on??); Windows Firewall is on; computer has 50% available. I use a wireless network (which I think is working!!). ;-)) One caveat, when I experienced this at this website a y...

CRM 3.0 and Web Site Alert email
I installed CRM 30 SBE on our SBS Premium box and it installed fine. It seems to be functional too, even the reports. But i have been getting an email warning: Web Site Alert from SBS 2003 stating: "http://SERVER:5555/MSCRMServices request failed: Critical condition. HTTP Status: 400 Bad Request Response Time (msec): 0. (WMI Status: 0 )" It sends me the email every 3 minutes. I also tried accessing this URL and i get: HTTP Error 403 - Forbidden Internet Explorer error message stating: You might not have permission to view this directory or page using the credentials you su...

Trying to copy address book from one laptop to another
I exported a Windows CSV file from Outlook called contacts.CSV, containing all the names and addresses from the folder, "Contacts". I installed Office 2003 on the new laptop and copied across the datafile ok, but I'm having problems setting up the Address Book. I'm thinking the CSV file is not the way to transfer the address book details, in which case, how can I get the Address Book on the new laptop to work in the same way as the Address book on the old laptop? I used to be able to click Tools > Address Book and all contact details would be there. The same list as is i...

Portfolio Server
I am an admin on the entire account and it will not allow me to do so. ...

sent email #2
I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items HOWEVER the people never receive it. Any suggestions? I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the problem. hairbychemo wrote: > I am using outlook 2000 with XP and IE7. > > When I send email it goes through the outbox and then to sent items > HOWEVER > the people never receive it. > > Any suggestions? > > I am currently including myself in all outgoing email to check the > problem. Do you get the mail? Basically, once a messa...

how long does outlook 2003 save sent items?
i just looked today and all of my sent items from the past 4 years are GONE!!! i do not use archiving, and i have checked my old archive folder for them, they are not there. any help would be much appreciated - r gatestoo <gatestoo@hotmail.com> wrote: > i just looked today and all of my sent items from the past 4 years are > GONE!!! Then you deleted them somehow or are hiding them with a view filter because Outlook doesn't delete anything automatically, unless you've instructed it to do so. -- Brian Tillman ...

How do I change the default dictionary language from US to UK ???
I have tried by going to 'Tools, Set Language, UK' ut as soon as I open the spell checker again it reverts back to US ! Any ideas on how I can chage this permanently? ...

2 cash drawers, one closing ????
We have a POS computer with 2 cash drawers, since its two cashiers that works the station at the same shift. My question is, is there a way to have 2 closing? one per cash drawer / cashiers? This sins since both cash drawers are in the same shift and both start with a petty cash. Whats the recommended way to work a shift with 2 cash drawers/cashiers and to properly square off the shift? ...

How can I test for nulls within a range without specifying each ce
This is my (disgustingly beginner's) function: =IF(AND('Worksheet2'!A5:A12="", 'Worksheet2'!B5:B12=""), "Both Columns Null", IF(AND('Worksheet2'!A5:A12<>"", 'Worksheet2'!B5:B12=""), "All of column A range populated", "Some of Column B range populated")) The important part is where I am specifying the range in a different worksheet ('Worksheet2'!A5:A12="") and testing the cells for nulls. The rest of the function is just retesting the same cells for di...

Receiving Difficutles with alternate email address
I have a broadband internet service provider that allows multiple email addresses on the same account. I setup the second only to find that I cannot receive email on that account address. I am using Outlook 2003 SP2. I also have Outlook Express with the same result. I can send from the account. I have contacted the internet service provider but they cannot help with Outlook only Outlook Express. I also use Norton Antivirus (Systemworks), Norton Firewall and Norton Confidential Both email address are setup exactly the same. The test says it is ok. Does anyone have any advice for this i...

Only show one name of DL in To Field
I would like to use a distribution list and when the recipients receive the message have them only see their name in the To field and no one elses. Is this possible. Thanks Have you tried just putting the distribution list in the Bcc (blind carbon copy) field. If it isn't showing click View > Bcc field "Ann" <trotto@beckercollege.edu> wrote in message news:123e01c3c3f4$ba55fd60$3101280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to use a distribution list and when the > recipients receive the message have them only see their > name in the To field and no one elses. Is this...

How can I identify source of objects from other files?
I am grading tests done on EXCEL. Several students' answers look almost identical to homweork problems which had been posted online. Using such templates is not allowed on my test. Is there a way to identify the sources of portions of another EXCEL file that were copied from another file into the students' test files? Not if they were actually copied, or copied and modified. Copying formulas, values or even code doesn't leave tracks. Your dilemma is just one reason we don't knowingly provide assistance with what are obviously homework problems. You mig...

Can OUTLOOK do this??
New to OUTLOOK Is there a way to design a template or overlay compatible with Outlook that can be utilized to meet the following objectives? We currently track all "SALES JOBS" separately --there is an "ITEMS LIST" on each SALES JOB FORM that need to be completed for each SALE JOB. (We have 10 different ITEMS LISTS used depending on the specific SALE JOB, as well as a new ITEM LIST gets developed when we do a new type of SALES JOB.) Each ITEM LIST may require several TASKS to complete each ITEM on the list. The TASKS are scheduled based on priority and dates. ...

How can I archive or export or replicate or whatever?
Hi All, I am having a POS application was developed in MS Access 97. How can I move all the data in the current tables to a safe place without losing data integrity and must be able to use in the near future without a lot of hashless. After all the data were moved, all the tables must be empty so I can start to enter new data into them. What I need is to move all the data of last year 2003 to some places without losing data integrity and at the same time the tables must be emptied so I can start to enter fresh new data of this year? Can you give me some suggestion? or article num...

Can't insert row
I downloaded a free cashflow template and wanted to add more rows to it. I went to 'Insert' in the toolbar menu, but 'row' was greyed out, along with 'cells' & 'columns'. Any advice appreciated. Thanks. Make sure you're not in the middle of editing the contents of a cell, as that would grey out those features. If that isn't the problem, try Tools/ Protection ... Unprotect the worksheet. -- David Biddulph "teflon" <teflon@privateFEmail.me.uk> wrote in message news:C3ABDD8A.4870%teflon@privateFEmail.me.uk... >I downloaded a f...

Re: How can I edit the GAL?
Check - "IMI GAL Modify" - ttp://www.imibo.com/imidev/Exchange/imigm.htm - we use it from few years... "Frusturat$d" <Frusturatd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:47579443-D2BA-4B62-AD45-EAB7889154A2@microsoft.com... > Is there a way to give a user (say in HR or Admin) rights to the GAL so > that > they can update employee phone numbers and locations? ...

Can't follow hyperlink in Outlook Express
Dear Reader, I use Outlook Express to read-email. I cannot click a hyperlink and go to an internet site from within an email message in Outlook Express. If I try to do so, the computer locks up and I must turn the power off. Do you know why this may be happening? Is there a setting within Outlook Express that controls whether a user can go to a hyperlink from an email message? If I open Internet Explorer and then go back to Outlook Express and copy the Web address that the hyperlink points to and then go back to Internet Explorer and paste the copied URL into the address box and press e...

email page layout
Somehow the Windows Live Mail page layout changed on my laptop. Instead of the top portion of the page having the senders address and subject on the top and the message on the bottom, I now have the data in three columns: inbox, send, etc senders address and subject message How can I change the layout back to the original? View (ALT+V), Layout, Reading Pane -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "mcalbud" <mcalbud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2356B046-BE39-4222-A1B2-7C9F77F6FF83@microsoft.com... > Somehow the Windows Live Mail ...

Should write history for more than one HR change per day
Currently, Human Resources only allows writing a history record for one change per day per employee when the Enable Reason For Change is marked. If an employee changes departments and positions both in the same day, only one of the records will be written. It seems logical that multiple changes could happen for an employee in a day. Why not allow writing more than one history record per day? -- BrianB ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" but...

email contacts
Installed WAB Outlook Express file to new computer. Tried to delete/change/add emails & groups. Turn off computer, no changes are saved. -- patientbutfrustrated Did you import the OE WAB file into Windows Live Mail (WLM) program or are you still using OE? If you are using WLM (this newsgroup forum is for that program), are you signing into a Live Id when you start WLM? Look in the upper right hand corner of the WLM screen. If it says "Sign in", you re not signed in When you sign in WLM synchs your contacts with that Live Id on a Microsoft server. If you ...

where can I find the database schema?
and further info about what happens when a transaction occurs? I downloaded the sdk but didnt' see much in there regarding this. Anyone know? Thanks Hi Not sure you can, w/o the customisation guide - which is a closely guarded secret. If you are a strong database person the best thing to do is to run SQL Profiler that comes with SQL Server 2000. It will log pretty well everything that happens. You still will have to figure out the schema yourself but you will see what is going into what tables. JPH On Thu, 15 Feb 2007 04:59:39 -0700, D <Dave@nothing.net> wrote: ...

Can't Send from Outlook 2002
I am using Hotmail, and can receive all folders, but can not send anything! The email moves from the "outbox" to the "sent mail" but never goes anywhere. Anyone know how to fix this? Tks ...

Can not connect to computer through RWW
I recently had a client move offices, and in turn had to get a new ISP. I had OWA and RWW, and Exchange working at the old location, but when they moved nothing would work. Found out after a hours of router configuration, and sbs restores and installs, that the ISP was blocking ports 25, 80, 443 and others they would not mention. I did ask for these ports to be allowed but was unsuccessful at having that happen. And I am unable to change ISP as there is only one provider in my clients area now. But there has to be another solution? So far I have worked around two issues, but ...

Can't organize MSN emails
I have an MSN account. When i go to Outlook 2003 and try to organize the emails, the organize is greyed and it won't allow me to change it. Is there a way to do this? My husband says he can do it with Outlook Express and he loves the ability. He won't use Outlook if it doesn't do this. Am I doing something wrong? I'm not sure but I think you need to create the rules for MSN mail online using their web interface "suzhugh" <suzhugh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:39594E5A-B6A7-444E-B85A-79FC2A4AFA4B@microsoft.com... >I have an MSN ...