One Exchange server wont send mail to certain domains

Hi,

Just wondering if I can pick someones brains.

We have 2 Exchange servers, 1 2000 (Ex2000 Sp3, Win2k SP4, Global Catalogue,
member), and 1 2003 server (Ex2003 Sp2, Win2k3 SP2, master).

Since putting in the 2003 server, users on the 2000 server get some "mail
server rejected connection" failures when sending to 1 or 2 domains, most
other domains accept mail ok. Users on the 2003 box can send fine. We've
checked our MX records which are in place on the firewall, and we can also
telnet to these domains and complete the telnet test.

2003 > outside world (using 2003 as a localbridgehead) = fine

2000 > outside world = certain rejections

2003 > 2000 (using the 2000 as bridgehead) = mail queues

Running BPA and TRA show nothing critical, and we're not on any blocklist,
we've also checked with the other end who aren't blocking us.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Paul

0
Paul

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 10:50:31 -0000, "Paul" <chewbacca@wookie.org>
wrote:

>Just wondering if I can pick someones brains.
>
>We have 2 Exchange servers, 1 2000 (Ex2000 Sp3, Win2k SP4, Global Catalogue,
>member), and 1 2003 server (Ex2003 Sp2, Win2k3 SP2, master).
>
>Since putting in the 2003 server, users on the 2000 server get some "mail
>server rejected connection" failures when sending to 1 or 2 domains,

How about posting the information from the NDR? If the receiving
server "rejected" the connection, well, that's one thing. But if it
sent a status code and some text in response to a command sent by your
server then that's another thing.
---
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
0
Rich

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Crash on 'Send"

Recieve Mail Before Sending

How to restore entire server?

Exchange 2k3 imap VS startup

Addressing within Exchange 2003

Mail lMerge

Exchange clusters
Hello Everyone, I am running two exchange2k3 server clusters on win2k3 servers. I am going to install service pack 2 for exchange2k3. Which cluster do I install it on first? The active cluster or the passive cluster? Thank you, Most appreciative, Do you mean you're running one cluster with two nodes? If you were to install on the active node, Exchange will shut down and the passive node will become the active node. So, it's clear that you should install first on the passive node, fail over, then install on the passive node (which was formerly the active node). -- Ed Crow...

Exchange 2007 across account search

DNS Error on Exchange