One addresses shared to many people

I need to setup a single email address
like "marketing@abc.com" to be sent to many different
people.  I have originally setup a public folder and had
the emails go into this which they could goto and view.
THis was not what they wanted.  They want the email to
appear in their window.  Meaning they did not want to
brows to a different location.  They wanted the window to
pop up when new mailed arrived.  If there a way I can
route this "marketing@abc.com" account to multiple
peoples inboxes or at least have multiple inboxes
opened?  Is there a better way to set this up?

Im not sure what version of outlook or exchange you are
running, but the easiest way to do this would be to set
up a distribution list with the mailboxes of all the
recipients in it. Then you can specify
additional "alternate recipients" under the mailbox
for "marketing@abc.com" and point that to the
distribution list. This way everyone in that list will
recieve a copy of the message. Depending on what you need
them to do from there this can cause someconfusion
becasue they will not know if someone else has replied to
the message. You could also specify the outlook client to
open additinal mailboxes, but htis would need to be done
at the client level. Hope that helps.

Rob Jones

0
anonymous (74722)
8/31/2004 2:09:26 PM
Create a mail-enabled group (formerly distribution group) and give it an
SMTP address of marketing@abc.com.  add the appropriate members of that
group and viola'.  any email sent to that address will be in all the members
inbox's.  Warn them that any replies to those emails will come from the
person sending the email, not marketing@abc.com

Todd

"Scott" <smoszkowicz@pacorinc.com> wrote in message
>I need to setup a single email address
> like "marketing@abc.com" to be sent to many different
> people.  I have originally setup a public folder and had
> the emails go into this which they could goto and view.
> THis was not what they wanted.  They want the email to
> appear in their window.  Meaning they did not want to
> brows to a different location.  They wanted the window to
> pop up when new mailed arrived.  If there a way I can
> route this "marketing@abc.com" account to multiple
> peoples inboxes or at least have multiple inboxes
> opened?  Is there a better way to set this up?

How do i sort contacts using more than one catagory ?
I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific catagories. Can this be done, if so how? thanks "samong" <samong@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:01E99022-AB21-487B-9365-2E66BB0C3F1B@microsoft.com... >I am trying to create lists which have contacts sorted by more than one > catagory. So including contacts that are linked to two or more specific > catagories. Can this be done, if so how? The Category field is non-sortable because it is a multi...

Sharing tasks, group task list
I have a team of account people who assign tasks to a production team. I want to create a shared task list that I (and others) can assign tasks to my team that also updates me when progress on the tasks has been made (ex. marked complete). I know I can do this from my personal task list, but is there a way to have a shared task list where items can be assigned and will also be updated through exchange? Public folders maybe...? Using Outlook 2003 on exchange server. Thanks! Chris Set up a shared Mailbox and make Tasks there, Assign them to team members. In that Tasks folder, show t...

DPM 2010 beta and cluster shared volumes
We are testing DPM as a backup toll for our clustered server running Hyper-V. We have CSV storage and have DPM running. Backups appear to succeed but during a test recovery all there was were the folders, no data. Any ideas? Can you see the VHDs in the DPM Recovery UI when you try to double click the VM? -- Gaurav Gupta | Program Manager | DPM This posting is provided “AS IS” with no warranties, and confers no rights "NetAdmin2k5" <NetAdmin2k5@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FB872DCE-48B5-41E8-B216-2E0904E637FC@microsoft.com... > We are...

One or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed
I am receiving the following reminder when attempting to dismiss a stale reminder that only appears whenever I access my Exchange email account via Outlook Web Access: "one or more of your reminders can't be snoozed or dismissed" This reminder is for a meeting that occurred a couple of months ago. It was deleted by me in Outlook at my workstation in the office and does not physically appear on the Calendar when using Outlook at the office. It DOES appear on the calendar when accessing via Outlook Web Access from the internet but is not deletable or modifiable in any way...

can,t find my e-mail address
please help reply thank you "dc columbus robbins" <robbinsnest@localnet.com> wrote in message news:eJFE6ktBIHA.324@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > please help reply thank you This newsgroup is for questions and answers about Microsoft Access database software. You need to find a newsgroup for the software you are using. And, just for your information, you have to be a great deal more specific about what you are doing, and what is happening, if you expect anyone to be able to give you a helpful answer. "Can't find my e-mail address" doesn't tell ...

RPC over HTTPS on one server?
Hi! I want to install all only on one server: - Windows 2003 Active Directory - Exchange 2003 The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 services. Which steps must I follow for installation? Any good links about it? Best Regards On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 00:13:02 -0800, "mustafa" <mustafa@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi! >I want to install all only on one server: >- Windows 2003 Active Directory >- Exchange 2003 > >The users should be ablte to use RPC over HTTPS and other Exchnage 2003 >services. > >Which steps mus...

Full email address showing on sent emails?
Using Outlook 2000 for email (I checked this time, Brian!). In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? And how can I arrange that on all outgoing emails (as I compose them) and in the sent mailbox the full email address (including the @billyboggs.com part) is showing? TIA aalaan <aalaan@tpg.com.au> wrote: > In the sent file, *some* of my emails are not showing the full email > address and only the name. Why is this so with some only? What I suspect is that you have the Display Name define...

Sharing 2006 Money File
I am trying to share Money with my wife. We both have a hotmail account. I have tried to log into her account (www.hotmail.com) ... no problem. However, whenever I try to add her via "Manage sharing" and I enter her password ... Money returns with a "...could not complete sharing setup for this file please try again". I have gone through the "Access your Money data on the Web". It does not specify what the problem is. Am I missing something? Any input is welcome Thanks Do both of you have different Passport accounts? Are all hotmail.com accounts also Pass...

"with <string> in sender" clause works on substring (matches on too many senders)
Outlook 2002 SP-3 I don't send myself e-mails but spammers would like to pretend that I do. They often must put something in the From header to be RFC compliant, so they throw in the same e-mail address as they shoved in the To header. Say I have an account called smith@domain.tld. I define the rule: Apply after receiving a message with smith@domain.tld in sender permanently delete stop processing more rules Looks good until you realize the match is on a substring rather than an exact match on the sender's full e-mail address. The messages do get deleted if I sen...

Import/Export addresses
I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks "Richard Mahan" <dmachen35@comcast.net> wrote in message news:v-idnQYiANC_CFLZnZ2dnUVZ_qqdnZ2d@comcast.com... >I have contacts in Outlook 2003 that I would like to export to Outlook >express and need some help on the best way to do this. Thanks > In Outlook, export Contacts as csv file. In Outlook Express, Import-Other address book-Text file csv. HTH ...

Prinding each row of Excel sheet on a seperate page dispallying one record on each pa
From a spread sheet ,I need to print out a row on each page seperately that is printout each record on the row on one page seperately. Can any one please advise how it can be done ? Fro example Row 1 Data 11 Data 12 Data 13 Row 2 Data 21 Data 22 Data 23 Row 3 Data 31 Data 32 Data 33 I would want to print out Data 11 and Data 22 on one page then Data 21 and Data 22 on the second page and data 31 and Data 33 on the third page Pleae advise if and hwo this is possible. Thank you Sanjeev --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Sorry ...

Entourage has stopped retrieving just one certain person's email
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Email Client: pop I have been receiving all my emails normally apart from just one sender, who i previously had no problems with. The email is sitting in my inbox when i log in via the browser account, however it just doesnt get sent directly from the sender. if I then send this person's email to myself, it gets delivered to my inbox. THe problem ahs only started in the last week, no settings have been changed and every other email is getting delivered. <br> My hosting provider says it is not their issue and they don...

Shared Contacts Master Categories question
I need to have 50 users on Outlook/Exchange specify a number of contacts that need to be exported to another system. I had my Exchange admin give me shared access to each of the mailboxes in question. My plan was to go through each set of contacts, and add a new category to the master categories for each user. When I got the the second contact, the keyword identifier was already there! It looks like Outlook/Exchange is allowing me access to the correct contacts, but is using my master category list. How can I access and update each users category master list? Isn't this kept ...

What is the maximum number of users that can share Excel File?
According to the Excel Help file, all users on your network, unless you restrict the number. "pfine" wrote: > ...

adobe active share phtot have gone smaller on slide show
I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photos from fine pix they are half the screen size to.Can you please help Are you seeing this 1/2 size issue in Windows Live Photo Gallery? What is "fine pix?" -steve gill <user@msgroups.net/> wrote: >I have adobe active share for my photo albums on my computor. The photos for some reason have just gone half the size of my screen and on a slide show. Even when I have imported new photo...

.xls changes sizes from one computer to another
An excel worksheet that we use prints out nicely on one computer; however, when another user accesses it off of the network and does a print preview, the columns of the worksheet squash together in the middle of the worksheet into and only by reducing the view by 99% is the second user able to print correctly. I don't know the circumstances regarding this but I am told this is the way it has always been. Any input would be greatly appreciated. ...

a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you Stored n Outlook
Hi - After installing Acrobat Standard 6.0, when I try to send an email message using Word or any other program, I get an Outlook message saying "a program is trying to access e-mail addresses you have stored in Outlook". The only choices I get are to allow access for one instance or for a short period of time. What I want to do is to ALWAYS allow Word, PowerPoint, Excel and ACT to access my Outlook e-mail addresses. I went to the Office Service Pack 3 page, which said "To prevent the PDFMaker COM Addin from loading, go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Offi...

can one cell contain more than one independent number
A cell can contain several numbers, separated by space characters or line breaks (Alt+Enter). However, if you want to perform calculations on the numbers, it's best to keep them in separate cells. John K wrote: -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html there's also the option a using matrix formula (list of data) for example you may enter ={1;2;3} in a single cell or selection 'and validate wih CTRL+SHIFT+ENTER but the manipulation of this kinda of formula need to read more about it... ...

Share printer error
I installed a network printer on my 2008 server R2 64 bit. When i go to share it out i get the following error message Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000006d9) Jason Marino (jmarino@tekcoon.com) writes: > I installed a network printer on my 2008 server R2 64 bit. When i go to > share it out i get the following error message > > Printer settings could not be saved. Operation could not be completed > (error 0x000006d9) Somehow, I think you are better off asking in a forum devoted to Windows 2008... This for...

One column into three
We have a table with about 40 columns and 120 Rows and we need to split each column into 3 columns only for certain rows - I'm guessing that we can't spilt a column only for certain rows as this would mess-up the entire column/row naming convention - so is there a way to automate the spliting of a column into 3 rows (i.e column A becomes A,B & C) and then merging each trio of cells (i.e. A1, B1, & C1) into one cell in the row and retaining the data that was in A1 and moving the data that was in B1 into D1 - for all 120 rows and then repeating the process for each colum...

how do i subtract one date from another and get an age in years
i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in years. Can anyone help me? http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "ucastores" <ucastores@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:FE331F27-C314-42D4-A390-9DA97E0E493D@microsoft.com... >i am trying to subtract a date of birth from today's date and get an age in > years. Can anyone help me? > Hi see: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/datedif.htm#Age -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ucastores" &l...

Combine different checkbooks information into one safe pay file
Client has two checkbooks with the same account number. Both checkbooks are included in one upload. In the upload file, a header record is created for each checkbook and the client has to manually delete the second header. The first header is required by the bank; is there a way to suppress the creation of the second header so the client doesn't have to manually edit each upload to remove it? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in...

Shared calendar Option is missing.
I have installed Outlook 2003 into a PC but the Share My Calendar option isnt there. The Outlook is connected to a SBS 2003 exchange. All other computer have the Share My Calendar option. Is there a way to turn the option on? Thanks What is your default delivery location? --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, Damien asked: | I have installed Outlook 2003 into a PC but the Share My Calendar | option isnt the...

activity sharing
Can we share an activity in CRM ? thx ...

Excel -how do I edit an entry that's an email address
Excel has that annoying function that makes all email addresses clickable (like it or not), but as such, are extremely difficult to edit. How do I easily select it only to make changes? -- To reply by email, remove the word "space" Select the cell that the email address is in just by arrowing over to it if you don't want to accidentally click the email and then go to Insert- Hyperlink and on the bottom left of the box click "remove link" and then the email address won't be clickable anymore, thus your problem solved. This is annoying and in word I think you can...