OMA Error #5

I am getting the following error on my Motorola Q when I try to sync
it to my Exchange Server, 0x85010014.  The support page on
microsoft.com only talks about ActiveSync and a PC.  It says that
article cannot help with Exchange Server.

Thanks,
Jeff

Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote:

>I am getting the following error on my Motorola Q when I try to sync
>it to my Exchange Server, 0x85010014.  The support page on
>microsoft.com only talks about ActiveSync and a PC.  It says that
>article cannot help with Exchange Server.

Do you have the PPC connected to the sync cable/cradle? If you do,
change the ActiveSync connection setting to "Internet".

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP
"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" <richnews@rmcons.com.NOSPAM.COM> wrote:

>Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote:
>
>>I am getting the following error on my Motorola Q when I try to sync
>>it to my Exchange Server, 0x85010014.  The support page on
>>microsoft.com only talks about ActiveSync and a PC.  It says that
>>article cannot help with Exchange Server.
>
>Do you have the PPC connected to the sync cable/cradle? If you do,
>change the ActiveSync connection setting to "Internet".

No.  I am not connecting to a desktop PC, I am trying to get
ActiveSync to sync directly with my Exchange 2003 server.  When I do
the sync, I get the error code.

During my troubleshooting steps, I have tried to connect to the
Exchange server via http://servername/OMA and I get the following
error:

Outlook(R) Mobile Access is supported only on Microsoft(R) Exchange
Server 2003. Currently your mailbox is stored on an older version of
Exchange server. Please contact your system administrator for
additional assistance.

I would imagine I probably have something set up wrong on the Exchange
server.  But, I am not sure what.

Jeff
Two things come to mind:

1. Do you have SP2 installed?

2. The address you point the PDA to is the same as the OWA address.  And,
from my experience, you don't need the HTTP identifier.  So your address
should probably be servername.yourdomain.com.  That should do it.  Also, I
would recommend using SSL on the server and PDA connection.

SteveJHU

0
SteveJHU (19)
10/23/2006 12:52:01 PM
On Mon, 23 Oct 2006 05:52:01 -0700, SteveJHU
<SteveJHU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Two things come to mind:
>
>1. Do you have SP2 installed?
>
>2. The address you point the PDA to is the same as the OWA address.  And,
>from my experience, you don't need the HTTP identifier.  So your address
>should probably be servername.yourdomain.com.  That should do it.  Also, I
>would recommend using SSL on the server and PDA connection.
>
>SteveJHU

Yes, I have SP2 installed.  I cannot use SSL because I have only one
Exchange server.  OMA does not work with SSL on a back end machine.  I
have created a new Virtual Server on my Exchange machine to not
require SSL.  I am going to use a different IP number for that virtual
server.  I don't want my users to know about an unencrypted webmail
page.  But, when I connect my PDA to the new IP number, I get the
0x85010014 error.

Thanks for any help you can offer me.

Jeff
Jeff Grossman <jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote:

					[ snip ]

>Outlook(R) Mobile Access is supported only on Microsoft(R) Exchange
>Server 2003. Currently your mailbox is stored on an older version of
>Exchange server. Please contact your system administrator for
>additional assistance.

Tried this?
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839288

>I would imagine I probably have something set up wrong on the Exchange
>server.  But, I am not sure what.

Are these of any help?
http://www.pocketpcfaq.com/faqs/activesync/exchange_errors.php?sort=WM_5_Error%20desc
http://blogs.technet.com/edwalt/

--
Rich Matheisen
MCSE+I, Exchange MVP

But now that I read that, I remember reading somewhere about a problem with
OMA working on a server using Forms-Based Authentication for OWA with no
front-end server and only a back-end server.  Are you using Forms-Based
Authentication?

"Rich Matheisen [MVP]" wrote:

> Tried this?
> http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=839288

0
SteveJHU (19)
10/24/2006 12:24:02 PM
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 05:24:02 -0700, SteveJHU
<SteveJHU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I think that link has been changed to
>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839288
>
>But now that I read that, I remember reading somewhere about a problem with
>OMA working on a server using Forms-Based Authentication for OWA with no
>front-end server and only a back-end server.  Are you using Forms-Based
>Authentication?

No.  I am going to see if some how I have the page redirected.

Jeff
On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:33:25 -0700, Jeff Grossman
<jeff.nospam@stikman.com> wrote:

>On Tue, 24 Oct 2006 05:24:02 -0700, SteveJHU
><SteveJHU@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>

>>I think that link has been changed to
>>http://support.microsoft.com/kb/839288
>>
>>But now that I read that, I remember reading somewhere about a problem with
>>OMA working on a server using Forms-Based Authentication for OWA with no
>>front-end server and only a back-end server.  Are you using Forms-Based
>>Authentication?
>
>No.  I am going to see if some how I have the page redirected.
>
>Jeff

Nope, still not working.  I am really not sure why I continue to get
the 85010014 error.

Jeff

Error 8231
When attempting to create a new mailbox, the box was not stamped with any addresses. It appears that RUS is not working properly. We recently have been experiencing error messages in the logs that state the following: Event Type: Error Event Source: MSExchangeAL Event Category: Service Controller Event ID: 8231 Description: Permanent failure reported by policy group provider for 'CN=Recipient Policies,CN=Name,CN=MicrosoftExchange,CN=Services,CN=Configuration,DC=Name,DC=com':'MAD.EXE', error=8000ffff. Taking provider offline. We are running a single domain, native mode Exchang...

C00D11B3 error message
I have been using Media player for years, now have ver. 11, in the past two day, I have had a problem if I go to player and play some music stored on the hard drive, it works. I f I attempt to play something on the internet I get the error and then it won't play anything until I reboot the system. I thought it was a firewall issue, but can't figure out what it would be. I also have checked connect to the internet override, without success. I have recently changed routers to a linksys with Network Magic set to basic. I have no idea what is causing the issue. -- J P...

Exchange 5.5 MTA Event-ID 290 after site removal
Hi, hopefully someone can help me. We have Exchange 5.5 Org (most SP4) ā€“ 1 hub site and 5 spoke sites. In our hub site we have 1 connector server and one mailbox server. Due to Exchange server consolidation, I removed one site (KB324340) ā€“ same procedure as I did it three times before - Now Iā€™m getting every 4 hours on the bridgehead server in the hub site the following event-id, which points to the old and removed server/site: MTA Event-ID 290 ā€“ NDR,.. A non-delivery report (reason code unable-to-transfer and diagnostic code unrecognised-OR-name)) is being generated for message message. ...

Data Validation problem #5
hi I think that is a different solution entirely - in that example yo gave me it is a simple case of choosing one list and that then sets th range for list 2, however the second set of lists are all individual my requirement is that the validation picks the required items out o just ONE list, whereas in the example you needed to maintain individua lists each of which was dependant on the first selection -- moosife ----------------------------------------------------------------------- moosifer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1590 View this threa...

Appointment shows error
I send meeting reminder to my collegue, but they could not open the item. OLXP and 2003 users could open but OL 2000 users still have the error.Whats wrong- it is showing an error. I use ol xP with windowsXP. Is it their problem or with my OLXP. can u advise me? Microsoft offers a hotfix for Outlook 2000 to improve its compatibility = with iCal/vCal 2.0 meeting requests. See = http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=3D823199 . Alternatively, have = Outlook 2002/2003 senders avoid using reminders in the meeting requests = they send to Outlook 2000 recipients.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP...

Exchange 5.5 in Windows 2000 Domain
HI I am looking for any advise I can get on this subject, or any references you may have. Basically I have an NT4 PDC that currently has Exchange 5.5 installed on it. I have a windows 2000 Database server that is just a member server of hte domain. My NT4 machine is running out of space, so I am getting a new server for exchange. I will install Windows 2000 on this server and then follow the Ed Crowley Server Move method, to move my exchange server over to this new machine. I am comfortable with this. I have just now installed an NT4 BDC into the domain (it is only a very old machine so it ...

Formula too long error...
Hello all. I have the following formula in a cell that works just fine. However, I need to add one more SUMIF statement but I get an error stating that the formula is too long. Is there an easy way around this - thank you. NWO =SUM(IF(GoodBoth!$F$2:$F10000="ME",IF(GoodBoth!$R$2:$R10000="E11",IF(GoodBoth!$Q$2:$Q$10000<=20011231,IF(GoodBoth!$S$2:$S$10000<>"110",IF(GoodBoth!$S$2:$S$10000<>"115",1,0))))))+SUM(IF(GoodBoth!$F$2:$F10000="ME",IF(GoodBoth!$R$2:$R10000="E12",IF(GoodBoth!$Q$2:$Q$10000<=20011231,IF(GoodBo...

SharePoint Farm Backup error
I have installed Sharepont 2007 in one box and SQL Server 2008 in separate box running through Windows Server 2008. I have shared a folder for farm backup, that shared folder is smothly accssible from both the boxes but during the backup using STSADM.exe I received the following errors in backup log file. Any body Please help me to solve this issue? Errors --------------------------------------------------------- [1/7/2010 1:21:13 PM]: Verbose: Using directory: \\bd-sharepoint01\SharePointBackup\spbr0001\. [1/7/2010 1:21:13 PM]: Verbose: The backup/restore process included th...

Landed Cost #5
I am trying to implement Landed cost and when the added cost is added on through the system the it will not take the added cost of landed cost to the account specified by the accrued purchase price account but sending it to the variance purchase price unrealized that is specefied under the actual item. is there any easy answer for this? I would like to update the post in simpler terms it will use the accrued purchases account indicated in Landed cost maintenance but it is not using the account specified by the purchase price variance account specified in landed cost maintenance. It i...

Outlook Error #18
Everytime I try to get into Outlook I keep getting this message: an OLE Registration error occured. Program is not installed run set up again. It then closes out outlook and brings this message up: unknown error OX9694011D???? Can someone please help. I have re installed Microsoft office, I have even re-installed the Operating System still nothing.... ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Can someone help me???? ---------------------------------------...

Login Errors
On Great Plains 7.5 when users login (other than 'sa' which works) and then select a company, the following error message is displayed. Unhandled form execption: Cannot open form. Script terminated. EXCEPTION_CLASS_FORM_MISSING SCRIPT_CMD_OPEN Pressing the OK button sends the user back to the company selection screen. Any ideas on how to correct this issue? Thanks The likely cause is that a modified window is missing from one of the dictionaries or users cannot access the dictionary. Curious: Why are you still on GP v7.5? 7.5 is still supported.....until January of 20...

Duplicate emails on exchange server 5.5
Im using w2k server sp4, and exchange server 5.5 witn sp4 also Im suprised that some of the users are receiving duplicate emails local and internet and it is continously increasing and annoying to the user that they received the same kind of emails despite the fact that they read already. What seems to be the problem. Thank you very much in advance for your help. Manny >>receiving duplicate emails local and internet local and internet? Are they different messages? Is the user a member of a distribution list and are the messages sent to the DL and the user? Manny wrote: > Im...

Unable to display the folder error.
I get the following message when using Outlook. If I close Outlook then reopen it, it will work until I switch icons (calendar to contacts). "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Outlook could not access the specified folder location. An error occurred that prevented the file M:\Outlook\cij.pst from being saved. Close and then restart all mail-enabled applications." Can anyone help me with this problem? ...

error: The symbol $US:FTSE
I`m running Money 2000 (UK version) and I`m getting this error when I`m online. I know people have asked before but I`ve reinstalled XP and all my software and lost the info. The error coming up is:- ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Online Quotes and Exchange Rates: Money was unable to retrieve a quote for FTSE (London). The symbol $US:FTSE is invalid. To correct an invalid or expired symbol, go to the Details for that investment from the Portfolio and correct or delete the symbol. Internet Information: Your call was completed success...

Error message #3
Hi, everyone, I open to MS Excel 97, the following error messages was shown on screen. 26146100: file format is not valid. Please help Thanks Jimmy Something that is being opened is causing trouble. It could be an addin checked in Tools|Addins or a file in your XLStart folder (or if you are using tools|options|General|"Alternate Startup File location", it could be in there.) (Not many use the alternate startup file location, so try erasing that value from that box in excel--don't delete the real folder. If that fixed it, you're done.) If not, your task will be to...

Error message 0x800ccc13 #4
Does anyone know what error message #0x800ccc13 means. I get it when I hit the sned/receive button. I can send email through Outlook 2000 but I can't receive anything. The message says that a TCP/IP error occured while trying to send data to the serever. All of my server set up info appears correct. I appreciate any answers ...

GroupShield 4.5
Hi, Can anyone point me to an online 4.5 manual. My network administrator has suggested that attachments which are sent me and are being blocked by GS 4.5 is quite difficult to have a script/permissions written which will allow the attachments to get through. Thanks for any advice. Grant. Hi Grant, I've got the manuals on PDF... I'll e-mail them to you. From what I remember it's very much a case that you either block the file type for all users or you don't... Regards, Chris For Exchange news, links and tips, check: http://www.msexchange.co.uk >-----Original M...

Outlook client bandwidth to remote exch5.5 server
We are using exchange 5.5 and are going to get some clinets access the server through our WAN links. They are going to use outllook 2000 and are going to access the exchange server like if it was local. We have a huge bandwidth pipe to our exchange server but I just want to how much bandwidth would for example 60 clients take if they were accessing exchange 5.5 through the WAN link at the same time. Or for example how much bandwidth would one outllook client take. If you need to know more parameters please let me know. On Tue, 16 Aug 2005 13:43:54 +0100, "gurvinder.nijjar" <...

Error Message 0x8007007F
Clip organizer keeps giving this error message when opened: Error Message 0x8007007F It will not open or insert pictures!!! Would appreciate any and all help junk2bj@hotmail.com http://www.mvps.org/msauer/clip_organizer_support.htm -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://www.mvps.org/msauer/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "BJ" <junk2bj@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:38ec01c42980$ce5312c0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > Clip organizer keeps giving this error message when > opened: > > Error Message 0x8007007F > > It will not open or insert pictu...

SOAP Server Application Faulted error 01-19-04
Hi, I get following error when creating a user in MS CRM 1.2 english: "SOAP Server Application Faulted error" with the Error Code 80005000 The CRM installation works fine. I used a Domain Admin Account for the MS CRM services. I assigned a license to the Admin user. When I try to add users from the AD using the User Manager in the Deployment Manager, I receive this error. It is also not possible to add users using the CRM interface. Can anybody help? Hi Ralf, can you give us the details of the SOAPException? This will likely tell you what's wrong. Mike "Ralf M"...

Outlook error in sending and receiving
I have all of a sudden lost my ability to connect to my ISP. I have contacted my ISP and have confirmed everything is working with them and all settings are correct. When I hit Send and Receive it comes back with an error message to contact my ISP. In contacting them they says its an Outlook problem. I am running Outlook 2002 and have done the latest updates. Help Please include the error message verbatum in your post. This will help us to help you. You may also want to include what Operating System you are using and if you have installed any Service Packs, Updates, or new programs just...

Validation errors in xml file
Hi, I am trying to use a validation method against this xml and keep getting 'The 'name' attribute is not declared' and I can't figure out why. Here is my XML: <XmlCommand xmlns="http://intranet/hstServices/Schemas/XmlCommand.xsd" connectionKey="SomeKey" commandTimeout="60" appId="122" appScreenType="879"> <Proc name="SomeProcName"> <Param name="@SomeParam" dataType="Char" dataLength="3" direction="Input">MHR</Param> </Proc> <E...

Run-time 3201 error
Upon coverting two versions of the same database (97 and 2000) over to 2002, we get a mysterious error message "Run-time error ' 3201': No current record." when trying to open certain forms from the Switchboard. The same forms work and open fine in either 97 or 2000 versions. Can someone shed a light on the problem? You may need to set references in the 2002 database. Open your database into the code editor window. Under Debug Compile your database. If you have any missing references your code will break and you will get an error message. Depending on the error returned wil...

MS POS 1.0 Install error...
Im using XP PRO SP2 ..net 1.1 installed MS SQLServer installed When i try and install MS Point of Sale 1.0 , i get this error message at the end of the install, when it says "Installing and configuring database" ------Error Message------ System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception: The system cannot find the file specified at System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithCreateProcess(ProcessStartInfo startInfo) at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start() at Microsoft.Rms.Installation.CustomActions.Utilities.OpenSqlPortInFirewall(String installPath, String portNumber, String& errorMessage...