Old Users in a single mailbox

Hi all,

I have had a request to forward all emails directed to old employees to a
single central folder that could be administered easily.. i am thinking this
is possible with exchange, but dont know how to achieve it.

I imagine i should have to create a new mailbox that admins can add to their
Outlook folder list, and then somehow make a list of all incoming email to
the server to certian addresses to be forwarded here..

any ideas guys?

thanks!
0
Chris6982 (632)

Add all the email aliases to a single mailbox. Not very elegant but it
should work.

Nue
> Hi all,
>
> I have had a request to forward all emails directed to old employees to a
> single central folder that could be administered easily.. i am thinking
> this
> is possible with exchange, but dont know how to achieve it.
>
> I imagine i should have to create a new mailbox that admins can add to
> their
> Outlook folder list, and then somehow make a list of all incoming email to
> the server to certian addresses to be forwarded here..
>
> any ideas guys?
>
> thanks!

0
imaneophyte (3004)
2/14/2006 1:01:02 PM
Exactly.
However I think you will find that "easily administered" will quickly turn
in to "major headache" after you have a bunch of addresses in there and its
filling up with junk.

"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Add all the email aliases to a single mailbox. Not very elegant but it
> should work.
>
> Nue
> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi all,
>>
>> I have had a request to forward all emails directed to old employees to a
>> single central folder that could be administered easily.. i am thinking
>> this
>> is possible with exchange, but dont know how to achieve it.
>>
>> I imagine i should have to create a new mailbox that admins can add to
>> their
>> Outlook folder list, and then somehow make a list of all incoming email
>> the server to certian addresses to be forwarded here..
>>
>> any ideas guys?
>>
>> thanks!

0
exchangemvp (657)
2/14/2006 1:47:39 PM
On Tue, 14 Feb 2006 05:47:39 -0800, "Martin Blackstone - MVP"
<exchangemvp@gmail.com> wrote:

>Exactly.
>However I think you will find that "easily administered" will quickly turn
>in to "major headache" after you have a bunch of addresses in there and its
>filling up with junk.

Yea, there is no reason to accept mail for addresses that arent needed
anymore. Most of that stuff will be SPAM.

>"Nuevo" <imaneophyte@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Add all the email aliases to a single mailbox. Not very elegant but it
>> should work.
>>
>> Nue
>> "Chris" <Chris@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I have had a request to forward all emails directed to old employees to a
>>> single central folder that could be administered easily.. i am thinking
>>> this
>>> is possible with exchange, but dont know how to achieve it.
>>>
>>> I imagine i should have to create a new mailbox that admins can add to
>>> their
>>> Outlook folder list, and then somehow make a list of all incoming email
>>> the server to certian addresses to be forwarded here..
>>>
>>> any ideas guys?
>>>
>>> thanks!

0
adavid (8731)

Audit mailboxes on exchange 2003
Hi guys, I need to grant a permission to a user to monitor few mailboxes. When I add a user through advanced exchange tab and give him read perm. then connect remote mailbox in Outlook 2003 and click on the mailbox - it tells me - unable to expand the folder. If I assign full acess to the mailbox to a user then I'm able to open and view e-mails etc. But I dont want a user to remove read/unread flags or be able to delete anything from the mailbox that he's monitoring. I needs to be on the background w/o users knowing it. How do I correctly do it? Is there any :snoopers: that ...

Need better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes
The exchange admins in my company have come up with a way for the sys admins to assign the user's mailbox store location. It's based off of last name. For example, if your last name starts with letter A, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store A, if your last name starts with letter B, you go on Storage Group 1, Mailbox Store B, if your last name starts with letter E, you go on Storage Group 2, Mailbox Store A, etc.... This is, I believe, and administrative nightmare. Is there a better way to provision AD accounts that are to have mailboxes? If it works for you and them, then al...

Hiding OLD customers in list
I have a customer list (tblCustomers) And an Orders table (tblOrders) I want to have an admin area functionality that prunes (hides from display in any list or report) Customers from the list that have not placed an order in X number of days (Admin can enter the number of days in a text box) Solution does not have to be in days or in a text box. Could be several check boxes (30 days, 10 weeks, 2 years...). I am just looking for the simplest solution for us to limit the Customer list by last order date. Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance If it were me, I would have a ...

Getting Mailbox Sizes in 5.5
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Working on an Exchange 5.5 to 2K3 migration. Is there any easy way to = get a list of mailboxes with their sizes from the Exchange 5.5 = directory? I know I can use System Admin to see each server and then = export the list, but is there a way to this, maybe with a script so I = don't have to export the list from each server separately? Thanks. Jerry ------=_NextPart_000_000C_01C66CFC.93298CD0 Co...

old Exchange Server remains site folder server
Hello, I am trying to replace an old exchange 2000 server with a new 2003 server. I have moved all the mailboxes, public folders and system folders as per the KB article regarding 'removing the first exchange 2000 server in a site.' However, the old Exchange 2000 server is still showing up as the site folder server in AD. I have not uninstalled Exchange from the old server yet - will the site folder server role be automatically reassigned at that time or will I have to manually edit the AD with ADSI Edit and put the DN of my new Exchange server in there to change this role? Also, am ...

User able to see records that he is not supposed to
Hi, I have a user having a role that has permission to read only records that are created by him. He is able to see records that are assigned to a team X. He is not a member of team X. I have no clue how he is able to see it. I have checked every setting very carefully.Please help. IS IT a Microsoft CRM BUG??? Cheers, kunal Hi, Kunal, Can you please provide the specific settings of the security role(s) assigned to the user? Thanks, Leslie -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. Please do not send e-mail directly to this alias. This ...

User Authentication
Hello All I want to authenticate a windows user i cant use LogonUser because the client user may not have SE_TCB_NAME privilage i am using SSPI but in case of error i does not provide exact error message: For example if the user is not allowed to log on the domain from the this computer. SSPI gives an internal SSPI error rather than informing that the user is not allowed to login from this computer. Is there any other way to authenticate domain and Local users. Thanks in Advance! Faisal Mansoor ...

OWA Users/Expired passwords
I have several users who will only be logging in to Outlook Web Access (Exchange 2003), and once they're logged in to OWA they can change their passwords, but if they for some reason let their passwords expire, OWA doesn't allow them the opportunity to change their passwords; this is the case whether we use a dialog login box or forms-based authentication. Is there any way we can set OWA so that it automatically takes a user to the IIS password change screen if someone tries to log in with an expired password? this should solve your problem http://www.petri.co.il/enable_pass...

Easier way to grant mailbox rights to 100 mailboxes??
Consider the following scenario... Sally is a manager at a company. She wants to be able to monitor her staff's email usage. I want to be able to give her access without having to spend a bunch of time every time an employee is hired/moved/ fired/leaves. George is Sally's boss. George doesn't want Sally to have access to his mailbox other than what he delegates her access to. Originally, we just gave Sally full rights to the mailbox store, but as you probably know, that fails George's requirement. Is there an easy way to accomplish all this without a ton of administrative w...

Deleting a single character in a text field
In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. hi, ma1000 wrote: > In one of my tables i have a field that has a text values like '123.23123' i > would like , to delete the full stop. How can i do this. I cant do it in > excel as the number of records that i have is over 200000. Create a update query, use Replace([yourField], ".", "") as new value. mfG --> stefan <-- ...

scripting adding obj-users and mdb-use-defaults to exchange 5.5 users
I have successfully created a script for creating exchange 5.5 users. I can't however, figure out how to add the assoc-nt-account to the obj-users [pseudo attribute] or set MDB-Use-Defaults to True :-( Can anyone offer advice on how to do this [other than generate a CSV file and use the exchange admin tool to import it]? Thanks Wayne ...

Odd Mailbox behavior
Hi, I have a user that has mailbox rights to her boss's mailbox. In addition, she has been granted full delegation rights thru his Outlook (2k3). All emails reside on the server, until Archiving performs its cleanup. Issue: The boss has subfolders under his inbox (all reside on server, no pst minus the Archive pst). He calls and requests that his admin assist move emails from his inbox to a subfolder. The email moves, but is gone the next day. If the boss performs the move, the email does not dissappear. What has been done: - verified she has full mailbox permissions on the...

Why doesn't the 2003 outlook warn you of full mailbox anymore??
the new outlook is not better. It does not warn you of a full mailbox like the old one. the Thesaurus does not replace like it used too, just too darn complicated without the easy stuff! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/office...

Migrating E5.5 Mailboxes with ADC created disabled accounts to to E2K3
I am getting to the end of my migration but still have all the resource mailboxes with ADC generated diabled accounts in AD to migrate. I'm not sure how to proceed with this. Can I just enable the accounts in AD migrate the mailbox and disable it again or do I have to create a whole new account in AD delete the ADC generated account and re-attached the new account to the mailbox in E5.5 then migrate it to E2K3? You can use the accounts it created. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "JoeAHM" <joseph.gonzalez@a...

Size of single bracket in Equation (Word 2007)
Hi group, I'd like to change the size of a single bracket in an equation - how can I achieve this? For example, in Latex I could do something like this: F\biggr|_{a} , where biggrl gives me a large sized "|" ... Cheers -Ralf as a work-around I came up with a trick: I used a single Matrix column with 3 rows - inserted the single "|" on the right-hand side - I put the actual equation in the centre of the matrix field and the other matrix fields I left empty ... the result looks pleasing Cheers -Ralf On Feb 1, 1:15=A0pm, "ralf.schaa" ...

What is the maximum number of users that can share Excel File?
According to the Excel Help file, all users on your network, unless you restrict the number. "pfine" wrote: > ...

Use of user's group with W2000
Two things: 1-If no MVP can answer a question, someone should tell the questioner so he/she can move on. Frustration is high enough without being ignored. 2-It is grossly unfair that I can't post questions because I have W2000 and am limited to Explorer6. I can't even get to this page. Microsoft should not squeeze us out of the loop. (I borrowed a friend's computer with XP and explorer7 to write this and to post my unaswered question.) ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for th...

New user/GAL problem
Hi- We are running a new installation of Exchange 2003 SP1 on Windows Server 2003 SP1. All of our users were successfully setup to use Outlook 2003 (running in cached mode). Now we haved added a new user, but when I went to add them using ADU&C (on exchange server) the user was added but the mailbox and email account was not created. Checked RUS and added a local domain as there was only an Enterprise one listed (per other posts here). Updated the RUS. This added the user mailbox and generated email address. However, I cannot setup user to access mailbox through Outlook as th...

User login failed on the customized VBA project after GP 10 upgrad
After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who tried on working on my customized Dynamics VBA project. Error # -2147217843: Login failed for user 'sa'. Procedure: frmDateEntry - cmdProcess_Click Source: Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server Thanks for help. Kevin Kevin, You might need to re look at your connection in VBA -- Thanks Janakiram M.P. MCP-GP http://janakirammp.blogspot.com "Kevin Zhou" wrote: > After GP 10 upgrade, I am getting the login failed error for all useers who > tried on working on my customized Dynamic...

Deny External Email for specified users
I would like to know how to deny certain internal users from sending or receiving internet based emails. Is there some type of security for the SMTP queues. http://support.microsoft.com/view/tn.asp?kb=316281 -- Sincerely, D�j� Ak�m�l�f�, MCSE MCSA MCP+I Microsoft MVP - Directory Services www.readymaids.com - COMPLETE SPAM Protection www.akomolafe.com Do you now realize that Today is the Tomorrow you were worried about Yesterday? -anon "John Veliss" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1c7701c49c5e$0290cf00$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to ...

Old Exchange server in User Setup in Actice Directory
I am running win2000 sp4 and Exchange 2k we had an old server that we moved all the old boxes over from, works fine... there was some residual information from the old server in exchange manager and in AD, I surgically removed these instinces... the only place it is now at is when I am setting up a user in AD and it asks to create an exchange box, I have the check in the box click next, it asks witch server to setup on and it is set by default to the old server. Each time I have to click the drop down and select the newer server... how do I revome this instince from here so it will just have t...

enforce user change their password every 30 days
Hi we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30 days? Thanks Set this in the user setup window against the advanced sql server options. You need to have a Windows Server 2003 domain for this to work - if you don't have this, then the option will be grayed out. I believe SQL Server just enforces the Windows domain password policy, so I think you would need to set that to password change every 30 days. "mecn" wrote: > Hi > > we are using GP9 and sql2005. How do I set up user password change every 30 > days? > > Than...

CRM should allow relationships between entities and system users.
I would like the ability to manage relationships between System Users and CRM Entities. We have folks dedicated in varying capacities to any given Account. e.g. - Bob is the Outside Sales contact - Becky is the Service Representitive - John is the Educational Coordinator Each of these may individuals consider an account "theirs" from their own perspective and therefore feel that the Account should show up in the "My Accounts" view. The Single-User Ownership model does not need to be revamped - but perhaps it could be made more flexible through user preferences. A. ...

Renaming Mailbox without deleting
I am having a problem renaming and exchange mailbox i do not want to remove it if i can help it but if there are no other options i will, On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 16:27:02 -0800, "Rickoakharbor" <Rickoakharbor@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having a problem renaming and exchange mailbox i do not want to remove >it if i can help it but if there are no other options i will, How are you attempting to rename the account? ...

UK user using US version?
Hi I currently use Quicken 2000 and am concerned about the "age" of the product and the fact that Quicken no longer support it or release new versions. I am considering a move to Money, but have learned that for the UK version 2005 was the last release and wonder if Money-UK will go the same way as Quicken-UK Therefore I wonder if I would be better off using the US version of money. Does any UK user have experience on this? or anyone have views? Thanks Mark Apart from obvious differences - like cheque spelt wrong - the US version is heavily focused on the US market and F...