Old mail deletion without recipient policies

Hi,

I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days
(for example). However, I used some software to archive all the old
mail first, but this tool marked the emails which it imported so all
modification dates are resetted. Since the mailbox manager uses this
date too to check how old the mail is I cant remove them anymore.

Does anyone knows an alternative way to delete mail which has been
recivied before a certain date? Preferably on the server, not the
client.

Thanks

0
nicowyow (4)

> Hi,
>
> I own an exchange 2003 server. I want to delete mail older then 90 days
> (for example). However, I used some software to archive all the old
> mail first, but this tool marked the emails which it imported so all
> modification dates are resetted. Since the mailbox manager uses this
> date too to check how old the mail is I cant remove them anymore.
>
> Does anyone knows an alternative way to delete mail which has been
> recivied before a certain date? Preferably on the server, not the
> client.
>
> Thanks

Found a way: using exmerge archive function...

0
nicowyow (4)

Downloading Old Emails
Outlook (2003) keeps downloading emails from my account that it has already downloaded. I have changed any settings and I've checked the settings I do have and I can't figure out why it does this. I have it set to retain emails on the server for 7 days. But it keeps downloading the same emails over and over again. At one point, it was close to 150 emails. I went on to the server and deleted them. But it's still doing it for the new emails I received after that. It just started doing this a couple weeks ago. It did it once and then behaved normally until a cou...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

Format Issue of Windows Mail and M.S. Group
Hi: When clicking to open any mails including this site, MS Newsgroup, top right pane of 'X' part is not visible. In the past, I used 'Shove-It' program that was found on the web-site, priced $15 that corrected this issue. However, this program is no longer effective, thus it went back to the original format, .... not fully opening content of mail of right side of pane, although I can read any mails by using 'maximizing bvutton' to open in full. Any imputs on this, above would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, "Winter10" <Winter10No...

To many Recipients
I received a message with multiple "to many recipients". I checked my ISP and found out that they are limiting the number of recipients per message. They do this to prevent spam. Now, I have to split serveral distribution lists to work around this. �How can I move 110/220 contacts from one distribution list to a new one, so both of them have the same number of contacts? I use Microsoft Outlook 2003 Katty <catherine-sanchez@cantv.net> wrote: > I received a message with multiple "to many recipients". > I checked my ISP and found out that they are limiting ...

Receive mails from one adr. to several computers
Hello. I have a problem receiving mails from one adr. to 5 computers in a network. One of the computers get's all the mails. They should all receive the mails. All the machines run's win Xp and office Xp. Outlook on all computers are set to store the mails on the server, even though they have been received on a computer. When I check my WebMail, the messages are still there! Please help. Nima ...

mail sending problem
Hi , I am very new in the exchange server just now I have deployed Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 at my organization now i have some problem in that . I am able to send mail outside the domain except yahoo .whenever I am sending mail from my exchange mail id to any yahoo mail id it is showing me mail has been sent but on yahoo id it is not delivering even I am not getting the DFR, second I wants to know that can we take the backup of single mail box (boxs) and please tell me step by step how can we take backup (at least the location ) Thanks in Advance Madi The most probable reason is t...

Can't send e-mails from Outlook 2003 after SP1
After installing service pack SP1 for Office 2003, I can't send e-mails anymore. They are stuck in the outbox folder. The error message states that the connection to the server was interrupted. I did not change any settings and checking them confirms that everything is as it should be. Did anyone else experience the same issue and how did you resolve it? Thanks for your help Matthias See if you can manually move those messages from your Outbox and then check all your settings again. "Mattliusa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:cb7401c48a5...

Incoming mail server problem
I use supanet for the internet and recently had to clear off a load of viruses and worms from my computer. Computer is clean now. I've run up to date spybot. adaware and cleaned all viruses with Mcaffee internet security as well as running stinger. Sasser, and W32 pate.b were included. Have also completed all windows updates. Everything is working fine now except my email. When I restart the computer my incoming mail server keeps changing from pop.supanet.com to a strange number. 9eg 17.02.01.10 or something similar) It also changes the user name from 3612 to 3612@supanet.com (It adds su...

how to delete Microsoft office
How can i delete microsoft office from my computer. i downloaded the demo but i don't want it anymore. Thank you "Dany" <Dany@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B2B2C1A8-2A65-4E97-BE3B-EC2DC2D42107@microsoft.com... > How can i delete microsoft office from my computer. i downloaded the demo > but > i don't want it anymore. Thank you Control Panel, Add and Remove Programs, Microsoft Office, Remove. Dany Or if you cannot as Jeff posted then see the below http://support.microsoft.com/kb/928218 -- Peter Please Reply to ...

copy without space
I copy a cell to another app. and it contains a space. How should I cop from Excel without this space -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Mail is queued after adding 2nd server
I was hoping someone might have some insight into this issue. I've just completed adding a 2nd server to my first site. All mail between the two servers is getting queued; doesn't matter which server it originates from. Mail to the original server from the internet as well as auto generated emails is still functioning correctly. We're running Exchg 2003 SP2 and Win2k3 on both servers. I've also gone through the Best Practices and fixed the minor issues it listed. Thanks, Chris Can you telnet to port 25 from each server successfully? Are the servers located in the same su...

supplier info gets deleted
I have run a report for items in a category in order to organize them into the proper categories & departments I double click the item look up - properties opens - I change the deparment &/or category - OK When I look at these items again - the supplier information is gone - I have to reopen each one and re-enter the supplier! Can anyone tell me why & how to avoid this happening? ALSO in my category report I am finding some suppliers blank - but when I open the properties the supplier is there - I have to delete the supplier & re-add the supplier. Anyone know why &am...

Outlook 2003 unable to open mails or contacts
After upgrading from Office XP to Office 2003 I am not=20 bale to access any item in Outlook 2003.=20 The Error message which will be displayed if I try to open=20 a message is: Microsoft Office Outlook: Out of memory or system resources. Close sone windows or=20 programs and try again. Microsoft Office 2003 Professional is running on two=20 different operating systems: One is running XP professional,=20 The other is running Windows server 2003 enterprise=20 edition. Always the same result. If I reinstall Outlook from Office=20 XP Professional I am able to read all mails without any=20 fau...

deleting rows #2
i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping i have another 100 rows with the title payments. they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight them all together and delete-how do i delete all the ones that say shipping without clicking on each individual row. I am on excel 2007 trial cb wrote: > i have200 rows in sheet- there are lets say 100 rows the title shipping > i have another 100 rows with the title payments. > they are in mixed in and not grouped together otherwise i could highlight > them all together and delete-how d...

Recipient Address Popup
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Email Client: imap How can I disable the popup for entering to, bc, bcc fields? I would rather just have the fields there in the new email window without any popup. ...

Checking mails with MS Outlook closed?!
Hi, is it possible to have MS Outlook notify me of new accounts in a minimized status. i.e. i have a low memory and i don't want extra programs to be opened on my computer. i want to have outlook closed still i want it to to checkup my imcoming mails and provided i should have new mails it would popup and notify me accordingly. is that possible in outlook? if not, is there any program that could do that? regards, eqbal Outlook can't do anything if it's not opened. Is the mailbox you're checking a POP3 mailbox? If so, there are a number of very small programs that c...

deleting duplicate value in columns
What is the best method to delete rows containing dulicate (same number) numbers in a column (Excel 2000)? The workbook has over 30,000 rows which makes it impractical to sort and then delete the duplicates page by page. Thanks in advance. Hi Jim have a look at http://www.cpearson.com/excel/deleting.htm#DeleteDuplicateRows Frank Jim Brokenshire wrote: > What is the best method to delete rows containing dulicate (same > number) numbers in a column (Excel 2000)? The workbook has over > 30,000 rows which makes it impractical to sort and then delete the > duplicates page b...

Outlook 2007 Outlook.exe deleting itself
I seem to be having a very strange problem. When I start Outlook 2007, it stalls and then deletes the Outlook.exe file. This is a relatively new problem (within the last week). All other files seem to be present. If I keep a full copy of Outlook.ext in another folder, that is also deleted. In some cases, after restoring the file, Outlook will start to come up but then stall and die. In other cases, it won't won't even start to come up but just deletes itself. I've run several different types of anti-virus software including AVG, Avira, Spybot and none seem to find an issue or he...

Warning off by deleting a sheet
Hi Is there away to set warning off when i deleting a sheet in Code Sorry i have found the solution "alvin Kuiper" skrev: > Hi > Is there away to set warning off when i deleting a sheet in Code > ...

Deleting data from a table through a query
I have a database that is designed to update a list of credit union members from a master list so that vehicle insurance coverage can be tracked. I have been able to run an unmatched query to achieve a list of old members who have either paid off their vehicles or moved their loans to other locations. What I need to do now is delete these people from the main table. I have the cascade update and delete funtion in place to delete the vehicle information once the member is deleted, but I don't know how to take the information found in the unmatched query and delete those members fr...

Mail Merge #2
In Publisher 2002 is it possible to print a roster of Mail Merge data base records showing multiple entries per page? I'm essentially looking to print a phone book type list with Able, Ann (222) 222-2222 on the first line, Brown, Bob (333) 333-3333 on the second line and so on. Any help would be appreciated. Not difficult at all if you make a custom size small in height label the width of the page. -- The US should free all those illegally held prisoners they are torturing, abusing and denying human rights being held at Guantanamo Bay. ...

Newly acquired company mail?
Hello all... I've been assigned a task that I can't seem to find any good info on while browsing the net. Company A has acquired companies B and C and would like to be able to give all newly acquired employees access to both e-mail domains. This would effectively give all new employees two accounts (one from companyA and the other companyB/C). I'm looking for a quick rundown on how best to set this up. If anyone can help I'd be forever gracious. Thanks! Randy 1. You can Merge the accounts of B and C to the Exchange environment of Company 'A' 2. Configure Rec...

E-mail Template Question 07-14-03
Is it possible to have an e-mail template in CRM that has a Microsoft Word document attached to the template? -- $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $ $ Nick Maxwell, MCSE 2k, CCNA , A+ $ Systems Engineer $ Heartland Business Systems $ http://www.hbs.net $ nmaxwell@nospam.hbs.net $ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ ...

The e-mail account does not exist at the organization this message was sent to. #2
Hi, I've just setup Exchange Server at our office in Mumbai, India, and am facing a very unusual situation. Our domain is hosted on a remote server with 10 POP E-mail id's defined as follows: jtalpade, tshaikh, pshanbhag, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh On my exchange server, i have defined the following users: tshaikh, mshriyan, mmanjrekar, rumap, adivate, rtalpade, schourasia and rramesh I have kept "jtalpade" & "pshanbhag" out of the exchange server user list as they reside in a different city, viz Delhi & ...

Excel file deletion
I cannot delete an old excel file cached on C drive because get message "Cannot delete solver: access is denied" The files are read only and this seems to be the problem The folder has multiplied to 50 levels and Norton will not scan it. Norton stopped scanning because of this. I have added the files to the Norton exclusiuons but want to delete the excel folder(s). THis has enabled me to do a manyal scan of the C drive. How do I delete it? ...