Offline Folder File Settings

In Outlook 2003
Does anyone know why my file location for Offline Folder File is "grayout"?
I can not either browse or set the - Encryption Setting, its also all
"grayout"

I'm running Exchange 2003

Thanks,
Henning

Money cannot locate file...
I purchased a new computer with Money 2003 pre-loaded. I am running 2001 on the old computer which also came pre- loaded. When I attempt to run the old money file in the 2003 program, I get the message: Money cannot locate the file C:\My Money.mny or cannot open it, possibly because it is a read only file or you do not have permission to change it or the disk drive is write protected. It goes on to say I should make sure no one else is using it. I am certain the file is not protected, I am logged on as administrator, and I have copied the file using the LAN and a CD into numerous direc...

Insert file name into header
I need a macro or something that automatically insert the file name of the excel file into the header or footer, does not matter which, i dont need the directory path. Either this or automatically insert into the header or footer the contents of a specific cell in the worksheet. the cell address will never change., if i create a new worksheet, same cell address needs to go into the header thanks pat Try here: http://www.mrexcel.com/tip055.shtml best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Patrick" <Patrick@di...

Can't delete Outlook 2002 restored data files
My Windows XP Pro system crashed due to a hardware failure, and I had to restore my data once I reloaded a clean copy of Windows XP. I restored my Outlook data (PST files) to my D: drive thinking that I didn't want to overlay the current PST file, and would just import the data for it afterwards. I have managed to copy the data into my current Outlook PST file, but now I can't delete the folder structure that was created by my restore operation (i.e., "Documents and Settings" folder on D: drive) with all of its subfolders. I receive the error, "Cannot delete Ou...

Creating records in one file whilst editing another file
I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee file. Each time a record is changed I would like to create an audit record in a separate file. I do not need any input from the user when creating the record as all the information is implied (date, time, user, before and after values etc.) I would be interested to know what people think the easiest way to do this would be...?? All opinions welcome - the more the merrier. Thanks, Jon. 88Caddy wrote: >I have a simple form which allows updates to records in an employee >file. Each time a record is changed I would ...

Recovering deleted mails when retention policy is set
If the "recover deleted mails" option does not show any mails available to recover, how do i restore a users deleted mails? We have a retention policy set, and I'm wondering if the mails are retained somewhere on the exchange server even if they don't show as available for reovery via Outlook? if the emails were "hard deleted", see this: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/246153/en-us if they don't show up there, either, the user has gone into the dumpster and "purged" email...your only option after that is to restore from backup... -- Susan Con...

How to select more than one folders in folder list?
Hi, I am using Outlook2000. Everybody who know how to select more than one folder in folder list for copying or moving to other folder? Thanks a lot outlook only allows you to select one folder at a time. -- "Raymond" <rayctifw@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OwbKvO5ZDHA.1620@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook2000. > > Everybody who know how to select more than one folder in folder list for > copying or moving to other folder? > > Thanks a lot > > ...

Cannot access shared folders
Hi, We had a problem with the raid controller after a power failure. Swapped the controller and managed to start the server again. However I needed to reinstall SBS2003 and now I cannot access any shared foler except the users shared folder. Another ' funny' thing is that when i try to run the internet connection wizzard i get the message that this wizzard can only be run on a sbs machine. Users can login and acces there mailbox without anyproblem Any idea what went wrong? Thanks Johan Stuurman Okay shares are now working but still the internet wizzard is a pro...

Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the spec
I have Outlook 2003 with SP1 and a fully patched install point. Any machines that have this current install gets a message when trying to view public folders from the folder views. "Unable to display the folder. Microsoft Office Outlook could not access the specified folder location. The operation failed." Any suggestions? ...

How to go back from 350 worksheet to the first worksheet in 1 file
Hi.. i hv 1 question to ask. Assume that i have more than 200 worksheet into 1 excel file, so imaging that i need to go back to the first worksheet from 350 page. So how should i do? Can i add the button like 'GO BACK TO FIRST PAGE' inside the 350 page, so when i click that button, it will go back to the first page, or any better suggesstion? Thanks in advanced. Regards, Wilmos Lee Hi try right-clicking with your mosue on the sheet navigation buttons in the lower left corner of your workbook. This should open a list of all your worksheets -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany ...

email settings
I have copied pst file from one laptop to another (both 2002). Doesn't matter how much I read, I can't figure out how to get the email accounts over. Help. In news:1DC05BFE-0CE3-436E-AD63-73A06E019B9A@microsoft.com, MonB <MonB@discussions.microsoft.com> typed: > I have copied pst file from one laptop to another (both 2002). > Doesn't matter how much I read, I can't figure out how to get the > email accounts over. Help. You can't easily do this, not without playing in the registry, I believe. I usually just recreate the accounts. The file & setti...

returning to file previously worked on after closing it.
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel In Appleworks, whenever I returned to the file I had been using (eg the manuscript I had been working on) the last page I had been editing would open up. But in Word, it always opens at the first page of the document and i have to scroll down many pages to reach the page I had been last working on. <br> Is there a short cut? A couple of the simplest & most direct solutions: Once the file opens key Command+End. If using a laptop or compact keyboard you may need to use the fn key along with that. ...

Excel graph 3 sets of data. 2 sets as lines 1 as column?
I have data a bit like below, I am trying to do a graph, which shows the AFR as columns for A-D, but I want 'water' and 'whole' as seperate lines to show current scores across the graph. When I do the graph, I get two columns and 1 line. Does anyone know how to get to get the two lines? A B C D AFR 0.8 0.6 0.4 0.3 Water 0.5 0.5 0.5 0.5 Whole 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 Hi AndyN, On the chart, select the second column, right-click, select Chart Type from the context menu, select line chart. Ed Ferrero www.edferrero.com Ed Thanks for that worked a treat, I'll remember that ...

how to programatically set other than default email account as the sender
I was trying programatically to send an email. It was always using the default account as the sender. 1) Is it possible to change the default account programatically. 2) or atleast can i set some other account as sender in my program You don't say which OL you're using. In OL2002 - Tools > Send/receive settings > Define Send/receive groups. Here you can set the accounts you want to send and/or receive mail to (1.change default). Also (or alternatively) , after setting up your email accounts - when composing an email, select Accounts > and choose which account to send from...

excel e-mail file
i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >-----Original Message----- >i rcvd an e-mail with an excel doc. attach. >i do not have microsoft excel on my computer. >is there any other program that will open an excel doc. >. >never mind, i was able to open it with microsoft access. Hi there is a free Excel viewer available at http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=4EB83149-91DA- 4110-8595-4A960D3E1C7C&displaylang=EN HTH Frank anonymous@discussions.m...

Sent Items Folder..
Any idea if there is a way I can make an email to be put into my sent items folder? I usually keep a record of things in my sent item box. I want to make an email look like I put it there on 8/31. "shawn" <yuppicide138@optonline.net> wrote in message news:OlsOXU78HHA.4752@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Any idea if there is a way I can make an email to be put into my sent > items folder? I usually keep a record of things in my sent item box. I > want to make an email look like I put it there on 8/31. > <sharp intake of breath> are you trying to cover up s...

receiving mdb files
I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send me Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get Outlook 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } "Lisa Simpson" <noone@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:OsvVaR$9EHA.2192@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... >I have Outlook 2000. I also have someone that needs to regularly send >me > Access mdb files, but Outlook 2000 is blocking them; how do I get > Outlook > 2000 to NOT DO THAT? : } > > Tell your sender to rename the file to <filename>.mdx (or whatever extension you like that...

Publsher cannot open the file
I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it today to update it. I keep getting the above message. I have tried the following 1. Turning off Norton Anti-Virus 2. Opening the file on 3 different computers, one of which is not running Norton 3. Opening the file in Safe Mode Nothing is working! I have several graphics embedded in the publication - all from microsoft. I really don't want to waste another day redoing the entire publication. Any suggestions? cslviola wrote: > I created a calendar in publisher and tried to open it > today to update it. I keep getting th...

Quick question on sorting folders in Outlook
I am using Outlook 2003. Can I sort the order of my folder list? Not the contents (emails), but the folders themselves. It appears to be sorting alphabetically and no way of reorganizing them. Thanks! Keith You cannot change the order of the system folders--Inbox, Sent, Deleted etc, but you can name your personal folders accordingly. I have a folder I want at the bottom called XSaved, for instance. And you can put subfolders in the system folders. "Keith" wrote: > I am using Outlook 2003. Can I sort the order of my folder list? Not the > contents (emails), but...

Problem Opening Files #2
When an attempt to open an Exel file by double clicking on the file icon in Windows Explorer the Exel window opens (without any workbook present) and the following error message is displayed: "Cannot find the file 'C:\***.XLS (or one of its components) Make sure the path (... etc)" The file can be opened by using the open command within Exel. This problem first appeared while running MS Office under Windows 98 but has persisted since upgrading to Windows 2000 Professional. I have tried Windows update and repairing the program automatically from 'ADD / REMOVE PROGRA...

how to set up
how do i set up, my microsoft outlook mail, so i can use this easier than yahoo or anything else.? Anything more specific? Ask your ISP for the server settings so you can receive your mail in Outlook. -- Roady [MVP] www.sparnaaij.net Microsoft Office and Microsoft Office related News Also Outlook FAQ, How To's, Downloads and more... Tip of the month: -Create your own fully customized Toolbar Subscribe to the newsletter to receive news and tips & tricks in your mailbox! www.sparnaaij.net (I changed my reply address; remove all CAPS and _underscores_ from the address when mailing...

Selecting default folders
I want my default contacts folder to be a public folder. It should be the folder I search by default, the one that opens when I open Contacts, and any new contacts I create should go there unless I specify otherwise. I don't see any way to set that. Am I outa luck? Actually, in terms of searching, I'd like to set up a predefined contacts search list like I can with email, so it searches both private and public folders by default. Any way that can be done? /kenw Ken Wallewein K&M Systems Integration Phone (403)274-7848 Fax (403)275-4535 kenw@kmsi.net www.kmsi.net Ken Wallew...

set a timer
Hi All I have a procedure that connect to a database and gets data in a several steps .and it is necessary to show the name of each steps to user( in label1.capation) in a user form,It works fast and user just can see the last step name , how can I control the showing of them in two or more seconds? My procedure like this: dim SQL1 as string dim SQL2 as string connection string ..... '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''...

Deleted Items folder has moved
At some point a user has managed to move his Deleted Items folder into his drafts folder. Is there anyway to get this moved back to where it's supposed to be? I've tried running outlook with the /resetfolders switch, but this hasn't helped. Thanks, Alex On Mon, 13 Mar 2006 11:54:45 +0000, Alex wrote: > At some point a user has managed to move his Deleted Items folder into his > drafts folder. Is there anyway to get this moved back to where it's > supposed to be? > > I've tried running outlook with the /resetfolders switch, but this hasn't ...

Exch 2k3 Standard
Hello, I have a client that uses Exchange 2003 Standard edition to host e-mail for two divisions within within a company. What they want is two differnet Offline address books to download for users of the systems based on which division they belong to. Is there anyway to configure multiple offline address books using Exchange 2003 standard edition. Thanks...greg ...

ost files
We have people that use Outlook 2003 with an Exchange account. The Exchange acounts are hosted by our ISP. I want to know what is the best practice to backup et restore the Outlook 2003 files with an Exchange account. Let say a user has accidently deleted a folder in the Inbox and I want to restore it. With an Exchage account, the outlook file format is ost. Can I backup and resotre juste the ost file. Thanks for your response -- Shidewa Assuming that the Exchange application service provider has deleted item retention turned on, you should be able to use the dumpsteralwayson registry ...