Offline Address Book not updating #3

We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 200 and 2003.  Outlook 2003 use the outlook
s in cache mode, be have latey noticed "some" user aren't getting the new GAL
after a day or so.  We run the Offline Address Book from excahnge at midnight
and 1pm.  What could be the probem?  Mine seems to be fine, be some users are
can be 2-4 weeks old...
0
SW (184)

Try taking them off cache mode.

1) Settings -> Control Panel -> Mail -> Email Accounts -> View or Change
existing email settings
    Select Exchange server and click change

2) Check off the cached mode. -> Click Next and finish.

3) Start Outlook 2003 and close once fully loaded.

Re-do steps 1 and this time check the cached mode on and restart outlook
2003.

That should do the trick.

"SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 200 and 2003.  Outlook 2003 use the
> outlook
> s in cache mode, be have latey noticed "some" user aren't getting the new
> GAL
> after a day or so.  We run the Offline Address Book from excahnge at
> midnight
> and 1pm.  What could be the probem?  Mine seems to be fine, be some users
> are
> can be 2-4 weeks old...

0
jt155 (6)
3/30/2006 4:26:17 PM
Tried that but they stay the same.  I have even tried Tools > send and
receive > download address book.  Thought that should work.

"Jay" wrote:

> Try taking them off cache mode.
>
> 1) Settings -> Control Panel -> Mail -> Email Accounts -> View or Change
> existing email settings
>     Select Exchange server and click change
>
> 2) Check off the cached mode. -> Click Next and finish.
>
> 3) Start Outlook 2003 and close once fully loaded.
>
> Re-do steps 1 and this time check the cached mode on and restart outlook
> 2003.
>
> That should do the trick.
>

> "SW" <SW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > We use Exchange 2003 and Outlook 200 and 2003.  Outlook 2003 use the
> > outlook
> > s in cache mode, be have latey noticed "some" user aren't getting the new
> > GAL
> > after a day or so.  We run the Offline Address Book from excahnge at
> > midnight
> > and 1pm.  What could be the probem?  Mine seems to be fine, be some users
> > are
> > can be 2-4 weeks old...

0
SW (184)

CRM 3.0 Implementation

update column

Meeting updates #2

Money Plus not Updating Quotes

crm 3.0 error 03-01-06

Offline folder problems #2

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Showing 3:54PM instead of 3:54:03PM

Hyperlink problem #3

Outlook Client #3

Rounding Numbers #3

Online Price Updates
Somehow online price updating was turned on in my file. I have turned it off. However, when I go to delete the erroneous past-dated Online Prices for a particular stock, it appears they are initialling deleting, but when I return to the stock later, all the deleted online prices (from the past) are re-instated. It is as though none of the price deletions I performed have taken effect. How do I clean up these erroneous past online price updates? ...

SetWindowsHookEx #3
Hi there. Could someone explane to me what is the purpose of dwThreadId, the last member of SetWindowsHookEx function? I've expected that this is a thread id with which hooks is associated. That means that hook is getting only messages produced by this particular thread. But it looks like I'm getting system wide messages anyway. so could somone make it clear for me? In fact I need to process a mesages of only one window. I know the thread id of that window. But! this thread is not in my process! And I don't want a real system wide hook because it slows down the box. Ok, I think ...

Symbol Updating Only Every Few Days (if at all)
Using Money 2006, and have a symbol "VLO" that is only updating every few days. This stock was a duplicate (downloaded transaction created a new version of the same stock - my fault not clicking correct choice when asked). I've removed the symbol from the stock entry that was downloaded, renamed this entry to something bogus, deleting this renamed stock "from all accounts", then added the symbol back to the original VLO stock that I've been tracking for years. Now the stock just says "unch" in the portfolio view, and the price history is only updat...

MS Money '04 Reference Books
Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem to have one for every software program other than Money. Any suggestions? Thanks much, Too many books ended up getting pulped--I'm not sure there are any for Money anymore. You might check on http://www.amazon.com. "Mike" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:e72001c3f056$477b1c10$a501280a@phx.gbl... > Is anyone aware of any good MS Money '04 reference > books? I've checked the MS Press website, but they seem > to...

Taste this important update
--cgzxgrfb Content-Type: multipart/related; boundary="uessxwmvq"; type="multipart/alternative" --uessxwmvq Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary="mweirjjojzzphfh" --mweirjjojzzphfh Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Microsoft Customer this is the latest version of security update, the "September 2003, Cumulative Patch" update which eliminates all known security vulnerabilities affecting MS Internet Explorer, MS Outlook and MS Outlook Express as well as three newly discovered vulnerabilities. Install now to m...

Updating External Links Excel 2000 vs 2002/2003

distibution list / updating
when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to update our distribution lists at the same time. What do you mean exactly? Can you give an example? Also what version of Outlook are you using? T. >-----Original Message----- >when we update our contacts how can we get outlook to >update our distribution lists at the same time. >. > That's what the Update Now button is for. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "wayne" <wayne@anandasacramento.org> wrote in message news:05ba01c3d4be$e83a5e80$a301280a@phx.gbl... > when we update our contacts how can we g...

LDAP Address Book
I use LDAP for my address book lookup. When I try to lookup an address it comes back with "Unable to display results because too many entries in the Internet Directory match your search criteria" Any ideas what is wrong? It works just fine in Windows 2000 but not with XP. ...

How Do I Create A Personal Address Book In Outlook 2002
Hi: I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go about creating a personal address book. Thanks in advance. Lisa wrote: > Hi: > > I'm new to Outlook 2002 and would like to know how do i go > about creating a personal address book. > > Thanks in advance. You have a contacts folder ...that's what you should use. "Personal Address Book" means .pab file - it's an old legacy thing, not what you want or need. Enter all your contacts/addresses in your Contacts folder. If it isn't showing up as an address book when you click the TO bu...

OFFLINE DATABASE for MANAGER
I'd like to be able to take a copy of the MSSQL Database with me when I'm away from the store to run reports and analyze ect.... Microsoft will give a SQL query with some extremely long GUID or something like it and it is supposed to allow 48 hours of use of the database but it never did work. I always get the error about not being able to find the license/dongle - this is just stupid. You should be able to take a copy of the database and run the Admin/Manager programs. Its not like I'm going to RUN the POS in my living room or on a plane - DUH! Regards, David Vino 100 ...