Offline Address Book, Multiple Administrative Groups

Hello,

We recently deployed an additional Exchange server in our organization and
placed it into its own administrative group, now users on the new server are
getting 8004010F errors in Outlook when attempting to download the offline
addresss book.  The users who are on the original server do not receive these
 errrors when downloading the address book.

If anyone can provide some assitance it would be greatly appreciated.
0
jballin (1)

It's look like this
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;162703
"jballin" <jballin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We recently deployed an additional Exchange server in our organization and
> placed it into its own administrative group, now users on the new server
> are
> getting 8004010F errors in Outlook when attempting to download the offline
> addresss book.  The users who are on the original server do not receive
> these
> errrors when downloading the address book.
>
> If anyone can provide some assitance it would be greatly appreciated.

0
jammylo (214)
6/1/2005 1:06:29 AM
Hi,

You will need to create replicas of your OAB/s on your new server, to do
this Open Exchange System Manager, navigate to  Folders right click and
select View System Folders, expand the list, for all folders & subfolders
under OFFLINE ADDRESS BOOK right click selecting properties, select the
replication tab and add your new server.

Regards
--
Ben Hoffman
MCP (Win2000 Pro/Server & Exchange 2003 Admin)

"jballin" <jballin@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> We recently deployed an additional Exchange server in our organization and
> placed it into its own administrative group, now users on the new server
> are
> getting 8004010F errors in Outlook when attempting to download the offline
> addresss book.  The users who are on the original server do not receive
> these
> errrors when downloading the address book.
>
> If anyone can provide some assitance it would be greatly appreciated.

0
nospam3434 (231)

Recovery Storage Group #19
I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I restored - from backups - an older InformationStore DB into the RSG to retrive an email account. All went well; however, now that I am done with the DB when I go to delete it from the RSG it errors out with The Microsoft Exchange Information Store service is busy. IDno:c104173c Echange System Manager I am right mouse clicking on the store inside the RSG and selecting delete. The store is unmounted. Any ideas? I restarted the Email server and that cleared the problem for me. "Andy3691" wrote: > I have an Exchange 2003 SP2 server. I ...

Can you use company address for Word mail merging
When running a quick campaign to prepare letters we would like to use the address listed in a company record. I.e. send a letter to a customer "person" but use the address listed in that persons company record. Is that possible Hi, This is possible and can be achieved using .Net. Ram "KWalker" wrote: > When running a quick campaign to prepare letters we would like to use the > address listed in a company record. I.e. send a letter to a customer > "person" but use the address listed in that persons company record. > > Is that possible ...

Activex Events dont fire when multiple IE windows are open
Hello, I've an activex control that I display in an IE window. The activex component fires some events that are caught by the IE. I've some javascript code in my html file that catches the above said events and displays some status messages. Things work great when I have no other IE window open. However when I have other IE windows open ( doesn't matter what page is loaded on it) - the events won't fire. However the behavior varies from machine to machine. On some machines things just work without any problem - no matter how many IE windows are open. On other machines it doesnt...

Unprotecting multiple worksheets w/ Macro
I am protecting with a macro, multiple worksheets in a workbook with a macro. I can't get the unprotect of multiple worksheets to work. Does anyone have a working macro to do this. _____________ Tippy Sub UnprotectSheets() Dim sh as Worksheets for each sh in ThisWorkbook.Worksheets if sh.ProtectContents or sh.ProtectScenarios or _ sh.ProtectDrawingObjects then sh.unprotect Password:="ABCD" end if Next End Sub -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy <tippy@att.net> wrote in message news:c7vlpv0sqb9eov641aj31ohnqnps7hvgvm@4ax.com... > I am protecting with a macro,...

Newbie: Help me choose a book?
I was given a gift card for Christmas so I could buy myself a book on Access. While that's a very nice gesture, it really limits my choices, and excludes one or two that were recommended to me. Below are what seems to be the best choices within my budget for books that will take me from beginning to mid-level database construction and maintenance. I currently use Excel for almost everything, and am reasonably proficient in Word and Excel VBA. I can make a basic table, query, form, and report in Access. I currently have Access 2003, so that's what the following titles are limited t...

how do I get navigation buttons to turn pages for a book
I have a book that I created, 2 page view. I want to convert the publication to a form that can be viewed in web form with navigation buttons at the bottom to turn the pages. After I converted to a web publication, I inserted navigation buttons, but it shows buttons for every page. I want it to show next and last buttons only. How can I get this done. Appreciate any assistance. Thank you. ...

Showing email addresses
Is there any way you can send emails where, when you send an email, no one can see the email address of any others you may have sent the email to? Can you format Outlook so that it will only show someone's name and not their address, even if you right click on their name? I know what I am trying to say, I just can't put it into words. I hope you understand what I am asking. ...

How to view Address Book names as Last, First?
In OL 2002, how do we set theAddress Book to display names in Last, First order? To clarify: When addressing email by clicking "To," I want the names in the address book to display in the order of Last, First. How do I change it from its default setting of First, Last? This problem comes up every time I have to reinstall OL. I've tried typing in every conceivable, intuitive combination of words in the HELP, but can't find anything about the question. So, in addition to knowing the answer, I'd also like to know where someone can find the answer to the quest...

Delete Global Address entries
I'm the network admin over a Windows 2000 domain of 20 client XP workstations. We are running Exchange server and AD. Two of the employees recently left the company and now they don't want their email addresses to show up on the Global Address List. But they don't want to delete their email boxes yet either, just in case they want to view their old emails. Is there a way to remove their email addresses from the GAL without deleting their mailboxes? Thanks. Open active Directory U&C Set to advanced view mode double tap the user you are interested in. Go to Exchange ...

Need to block email going to external email address from inside co
I have users sending info to unauthorized email address out side the company but to the best of my knowledge I have no way of blocking this. I know I can block emails going to an internal user but how do I block internal emails from going to external address? External being SMTP Enviroment is Win2003 Exchange 2003 OutLook 2000/2003 I don't have access to my exchange server at the moment so I can't check this but I think that you can filter the email domain within exchange server so that if any mail going to the external address is sent, it gets blocked before it leaves the ex...

Messed up Administrator permissions
Hello... I seem to have messed up the permissions for the Administrator on our Windows Server (2003) as a result of using ExMerge and the Exchange System Manager, and I was wondering if someone would be able to help. I can no longer connect to any other mailboxes as the Administrator, and when I look at the mailbox rights via Active Directory, BOTH the Allow and Deny boxes are checked for Full Mailbox Access, but the Deny box is greyed-out so I can't uncheck it. Similarly, in Exchange System Manager under the Security tab for the mailbox store, BOTH the Allow and Deny boxes are che...

Group Editing
Excel 2007 I would like to freeze the top row in all of the worksheets in a workbook. I remember from earlier versions of Excel that it is possible group all the sheets together, then edit one sheet and have that change show up on all sheets. That works if I actually change the contents of a cell, but it does not seem to work for something like freezing the top row of each worksheet. What is the best way to freeze the top row of each worksheet? Thanks for any help that you can offer! --Tom Sub freeze_line() Dim ws As Worksheet For Each ws In ActiveWorkbook.Workshee...

Formula to Identify groups of numbers to be added.
Hoping I can get a cell formula that will calculate as follows: Cells in Column H have this relative formula in them. =3DIF(M12=3D"Yes", "",C12) This results in a cell will either show a number, or is blank. Each week or so, another entry is made to the next empty line. After awhile, Column H might look something like this: Number are in cells H12 =96 H14 There is a blank at H15. Then numbers in cells H16-H19, and a blank at H20 Column H Line12 13.89 Line 13 7.89 Line 14 6.14 Line 15 Blank cell (this shows up as blank cell) Line 16 ...

How do I create an address book in excel?
I need to create a snail mail address book and I understand I can do that in excel but have been unable to figure out how as I dont know this program well. Thank You for your help. Toothfairy wrote: > I need to create a snail mail address book and I understand I can do that in > excel but have been unable to figure out how as I dont know this program > well. Thank You for your help. If you have Excel 2003 here's a template ready to use. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/results.aspx?Scope=TC&Query=address+book Watch for line wrap on the URL gls858 It can be argued ...

How do I add a grouping level to an existing report in Access?
How do I add a grouping level to an existing report in Access? In report design view, show the Sorting and Grouping dialog (View menu.) Click the "record selector" at the left of the field where you want a row above. Tap the Insert key. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "latwood" <latwood@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D49F7C44-8E44-4547-811C-ABC492917A75@microsoft.com... > How do I add a grouping level ...

Address Book #67
Hi guys, Maybe a stupid question but what is the difference between the 'Outlook Address Book' and 'Contacts' in Outlook 2003 ? Many thanks. Regards Colin. colin <colin@home.com> wrote: > Maybe a stupid question but what is the difference between the > 'Outlook Address Book' and 'Contacts' in Outlook 2003 ? Many thanks. The Outlook Address Book is a service in your mail profile that will show you all the electronic addresses for contacts contained in Contact folders that have been enabled as address books. A Contact folder is where contac...

How to lock the Excel file (book)?
Hi, I created an invoice with Excle and will send it to a client. I don't want client to change it, but he/she can read and print it. I am not sure how to do this. Anyone can help? Thanks! Create a digitally signed PDF file. Anything you can do inside XL will be modifiable by anyone with even a little bit of deviousness, and enough savvy to find these newsgroups. In article <uyAiposaFHA.2288@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl>, "gz" <g@hotmail.com> wrote: > Hi, I created an invoice with Excle and will send it to a client. I don't > want client to change it,...

How do I ungroup design gallery objects that are group together
How do I ungroup design gallery objects that are group together. I.E Logos, PLEASE HELP! What object? Most of the ones I tried can be ungrouped. What version Publisher? The ungroup option is in the Arrange menu. -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "baseballchick" <baseballchick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9C47315E-E22F-49F6-B5E7-55999044AABC@microsoft.com... > How do I ungroup design gallery objects that are group together. I.E Logos, > PLEASE HELP! ...

HTML e-mail to a list of addresses
When I prepare an e-mail in HTML and attempt to send it to a list of addresses, I have to approve each one, but when I check Outlook outbox, it says "HTML", but the content is blank. If I send a an e-mail to a single address, it is in sent HTML format and is sent properly. Why can't I send an HTML e-mail to a list? what version of outlook and what are the exact steps you are doing to compose and address the mail? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: ht...

Conditional Formatting Across Multiple Cells
I have data file that I want to conditional format Red/Green fill based on >= conditional on a single row of data. In Excel 2003 it was fairly simple to lock a row but not a column and by selecting all the cells to format it would change the column relative to the cell. Just having an issue transitioning to conditional formatting in 2007. Sample Data a b c d 1 goal 10 245 125 2 day1 8 200 76 3 day2 8 250 125 4 day3 15 250 130 5 day4 15 300 150 6 day5 0 100 0 7 Avg 9 220 96 Cells Rows 2 - 7 should be conditional on Row ...

limit domain admin group access in Exchange environment
We have exchange 2003 and we need to limit the access the domain admins have from editing accounts but it still allows them to view key fuctions like view the Exchange server manager console, but are not able to edit the mailboxes or accounts. Thanks Right, you shouldn't make those people "Domain Admins". They should have rights only on applicable OUs. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "Joe" <Joe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2CE5FB8-C280-4213-8828-2C7B860524C6@microsoft.com......

No Group dialog box appear when working in Pivot Table
I'm trying to group a range of dates in pivot table. According to help files a dialog box should appear when selecting Group..., but nothing happens except a grouping of the entire marked range. How do I go about in order to make the Grouping dialog box show? Best Regards PerD > PerD, This might be something particular to my set-up (XL2K), but I have to build the table initially by specifying the data range *exactly* (click'n'drag on the worksheet) for grouping dates to be an option. If I use a blanket source (eg: A:B) it won't cut it. Try it again from scratch, the...

Multiple Charts within 1 Chart Sheet
How can I place 2,3, or 4 charts within 1 chart sheet? I'd prefer not to use the embedded chart approach. Thanks. They will be embedded, but in the chart sheet, not in a work sheet. Select a blank cell that is itself surrounded by blank cells, and press the F11 key to make a blank chart sheet. Now make the charts you want to place on the chart sheet, and in the last step of the wizard, Location, select As Object In and choose the chart sheet from the drop down list. To move an existing chart, right click on it, choose Location from the pop up menu, and choose As Object In and select the ...

Help creating a recital program book/several pages w/pictures and
I am creating a recital program book. It will be a 8 1/2 x 11 book with pictures, text and advertising and it will be in color. Over the years others who have created this book have just simply used the "publications for print" and other sources and the book hasn't been all that great (only the pub for print pages were good). Since I will be working on it, I want it to be great! I was assuming when I began this project that there was something already set up to help me create a multi-page book, but I am not finding it. I need something that I can create simil...

Global Monitoring Tools Administrator (Network Admin) // Durham, NC
Location: Durham, NC Job Title: Global Monitoring Tools Administrator (Network Admin) Duration: 6+ months Job Description: The Global Monitoring Tools Administrator is responsible for the configuration and upkeep of the global infrastructure monitoring tools. This position is specifically responsible for Solarwinds Orion version 10 toolset including network performance monitoring, application performance monitoring, Netflow monitoring, and wireless/ VOIP monitoring. Primary Responsibilities: This individual will be responsible for general administration of the Solarwinds Orion and suppo...