Offline access to a shared mailbox

Is it possible to set up offline access to a group shared mailbox, or can
offline access only be granted to a user's own mailbox?

if you go into tools / send & recieve groups from the toolbar in xp office,
then try to find the other mailbox the users granted access to, it does not
appear in the tree available.
It will only show you the contents of his own mailbox, and the various
folders within that one

For info the mailbox required has been added, via the open these additional
mailboxes feature, within his profile, which is only available when he is on
the network.

Rgds Stu

0
Stu

You can't use another mailbox offline - only yours, and any public folders
you've dragged to the public folder favorites and marked for offline use.

Stu wrote:
> Is it possible to set up offline access to a group shared mailbox, or
> can offline access only be granted to a user's own mailbox?
>
> if you go into tools / send & recieve groups from the toolbar in xp
> office, then try to find the other mailbox the users granted access
> to, it does not appear in the tree available.
> It will only show you the contents of his own mailbox, and the various
> folders within that one
>
> For info the mailbox required has been added, via the open these
> additional mailboxes feature, within his profile, which is only
> available when he is on the network.
>
> Rgds Stu

0
lanwench (7567)

Excel properties that update when Excel is accessed without saving
I would like to know if there are other Excel 2003 properties, aside from the timestamp and personal metadata, that update whenever an Excel file is simply accessed for viewing but no changes are made to it? And what are those properties? Thanks. ...

New storage group and moving mailboxes
I created a new storage group and have moved some mailboxes into it. Now my users that were moved into the new storage group can still logon OWA but when they try to view their mail they get a page can no be displayed instead. When they try and view mail in outlook they get and error telling them that they cannot open the item. If I move the mailbox to the storage group that it was originally in everything works fine. Thanks for any help you can give. I'm running one server with Exchange 2003 on a Win 2003 server. Folder permissions? "Steven" <Steven@discussions.m...

Shared Workbook & hyperlinks
Why will excel not allow me to set up a hyperlink while a workbook is being shared? I have to stop sharing the notebook and insert a hyperlink in order to get one in. I think you'll have to ask Microsoft if you really want an answer. It's just one of the many (documented) features that is not available in a shared workbook. Mhill@classic wrote: > > Why will excel not allow me to set up a hyperlink while a workbook is being > shared? I have to stop sharing the notebook and insert a hyperlink in order > to get one in. -- Dave Peterson I noticed it in the help sectio...

User access to database
My company is looking into MS Dynamics and one of the questions that has come up is what kind of access will end users have to the db? It is my understanding that every user will have a user account within SQL server. As such I would expect that if a user was to access sql server directly w/o going through the Dynamics front end they would have whatever access to the db that their sql user account has. Is this correct? If so what access is that? Any info on this topic would be appreciated. The password setup for a user in GP is encrypted within the database. The GP login process dec...

How do i access CView member variables
Hello Im trying to make a loading splash screen for my app I have a large array declared as a member variable in CView and I have created a Dialog box that opens in the CView::Create and I want to load up all the values in the array but I am not able to access the array in CView. does anybody know how to do this ? Could you please post a code snipet showing the CView::Create and you array definition. I believe if I understand correctly you have a few options. Pass in a pointer to the array into Dialog. Or a pointer to the CView. You could do this in the dialogs constructor or by writing a...

File sharing of Money files with Vista
I recently upgraded to Vista and to Money Plus and have begun to use multiple user accounts on my PC. I have set up the .mny file to be shared with my wife who uses a different user account. It works for the first time she signs into Money, then, I am able to use Money with my account, but after I have used Money and she later desires to open Money again she cannot. When I, as administrator look at the file sharing rights they have reverted to only me as a user. What it going on? Thank you in advance for any help that you can provide. -- rogerminn Money is definitely not designed to be...

remote email access
We are currently using OWA for remote email access. However, the majority of my users still have dial-up at their homes and are complaining about how long it takes to load OWA. Is there another way to enable remote email access for my users? Outlook 2003 with RPC over HTTPS if you use Exchange 2003. Cached mode will help in suffering from low bandwidth. Another option is plain old POP3 or even IMAP. (Just thinking aloud). Regards, Boris "Jedi10180" <Jedi10180@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A60CD560-4BB3-4300-A9D0-7E1992B93510@microsoft.com... > We are...

Mailbox Folder Access
I understand how to grant permission to a single user's mailbox. However, can I grant that access centrally from one location, rather than touching every AD account? I haven't used it, but see http://www.symprex.com/excentre/fpm.htm Or send out a simple email to users explaining how to do it. JOHN wrote: > I understand how to grant permission to a single user's > mailbox. However, can I grant that access centrally from > one location, rather than touching every AD account? ...

maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report access 2007
I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. Can't find a answer to this question. What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? On Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:41:00 -0800, Robin C. <Robin C.@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: There is no maximum. In reality you may be limited to some system resources. -Tom. >I am a CIS student at Sinclair Community College in Ohio. >Can't find a answer to this question. > >What is the maximum number of printed pages allowed in a report? ...

Excel 2007 query
Question: In Excel 2007, when clicking on the: 1) =91Data=92 Ribbon/Tab=85 and choosing.. 2) =91From Access=92 and selecting any Access mdb, the database will be opened in =91exclusive=92 mode and will be locked for all other users on the network! Why??? When recording these steps, I see that the default system query uses =93Mode=3DShare Deny Write=94. Any workaround? In Excel versions, prior to 2007, the default query connected to the mdb in =91readonly=92 mode, which was fine. Thanks. mj ...

cant backup specific mailbox
Hello, We are backing up individual mailboxes using data protector. Most of the mailboxes backup but a few won't. They have exactly the same permissions as the ones that can backup. And it alsways fails on the same mailboxes.... help!!! estherbellingham@hotmail.com (compaq) wrote: >Hello, > >We are backing up individual mailboxes using data protector. Most of >the mailboxes backup but a few won't. They have exactly the same >permissions as the ones that can backup. And it alsways fails on the >same mailboxes.... help!!! Does it actually fail on access to the...

Move mailbox fails from Exchange 5.5 to 2K3
I will be migrating my production Exchange 5.5 Standard server to Exchange 2003 Enterprise soon, and I have set up a lab to test the migration. This is the lab: Server 1 is a W2K SP4 DC/GC and Exchange 5.5 Standard SP4 server. I have changed the Exchange 5.5 LDAP port to 3890 to avoid conflicts with AD LDAP running on the default of 389 Server 2 is a W2K3 Member server running Exchange 2K3 Enterprise SP1. I joined this server to the exisiting 5.5 Organization. Mail flow is just fine through the connector on either server to mailboxes on either server. From the Exchange Management/First Ad...

Outlook won't start when offline.
I have a number of Outlook 2003 .PST files in c:\mailfolders05 and other directories which open fine when connected to the Microsoft Exchange server. When not connected to the server I get the following message when trying to start Outlook and choosing "work offline": "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Unable to open the Outlook window. The set of folders could not be opened." If I remove all my .PST files from within Outlook while connected and then try starting Outlook offline I get the following message: "Unable to open your default e-mail folders. The info...

Business Portal 3.0 Accessing Problem
I have installed GP Dynamics 9 and Business Portal on the same server. I had already installed Sharepoint Portal Server on the same server... When i installed the BP it was created under the Sharepoint Website.. http://<sharepoint>/sites/businessportal... So the problem is that i can't access anything which has to do with User permission and portal elements and other things on the BP Sites...i always get the following error ...please help!!!!!!!!Urget Server Error in '/BusinessPortal' Application --------------------------------------------------------------------------...

Cannot access Money with correct password
I'm unable to sign into MS Money; it says "the email address or password is wrong." I'm 100% sure the password is not wrong; I haven't changed it, the same password works fine for signing on to live.com, and it still works for signing on to a three-month-old backup of the file (but not more recent backups.) At first this behavior happened on only one of the two computers (which share the same My Money file via a NAS) but now it's happening on both. What version of Money? Have you reinstalled? -- Regards Bob Peel, Microsoft MVP - Money For unofficial FAQs see...

how do I disable or change the scroll wheel on a form in access
The scroll wheel advances the form to the next item I need it to just scroll down the form. Thanks Les ...

How do i access microsoft excel on windows xp? #2
I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? Yes; or as part of Microsoft Office. "ayanda" wrote: > I recently purchased a pc that came with windows xp home. I thought the > microsoft excel programme would come with it, but i can not find it anywhere. > Does this mean i have to purchase it seperately? ...

Error when accessing HQ manager
my customer gets this error trying to access hq manager: Invalid object name '#Temp'. SELECT * FROM #Temp WHERE [Status] IN (0,1,2,3,4) I tried a solution provide in a KB article that addressed the problem for 1.2 and 1.3, but it did not seem to work for him. Please advise. I have that error too....but..I don't know if there are fix for that... the only thing working was .... type your user id and password....pause for 30 secs then press Enter. Good Luck "Retail Labs Tech" wrote: > my customer gets this error trying to access hq manager: > Invalid obje...

Exchange 2k3 Mailboxes
I have some mailboxes that have been migrated to Exchange 2003 from 5.5. Out of 10 mailboxes i get a NDR for 4 of the mailboxes when sending from another server in the site, all the others are fine. All permissions and properties appear to be in order. Any info will be much appreciated. Pete -- If it aint broke don't fix it. ...

Tad confused about remote Admin access.
Do I use RWW, RDP or another method. I'm using 2008 standard. What about remote users? -- happyhacker ------------------------------------------------------------------------ happyhacker's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/188993.htm View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/small-business-server/1358122.htm http://forums.techarena.in On Mon, 16 Aug 2010 01:55:49 -0500, happyhacker <happyhacker.4fs1hb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote: > >Do I use RWW, RDP or another method. I'm using 2008 standard. What about >remote users? Depends wha...

Why Access 2007 donot have the "Data Access Page" Function ? How I can do with 2007 for this issue ?
I notice that Access 2007 doNOT have the "Data Access Page" functionality. 1. Why ??? I think this function is important. 2. How I can make the web page efficiently if 2007 do Not have this function? 3. If I developed the "Data Access Pages" with Access 2003, how I can handle these already existing pages when I use them in 2007 ? Thank you for your prompt answer. Martin The Data Access Pages functionality has been deprecated in Office 2007; so if you want to continue to develop your DAPs, you need to use Access 2003 instead of Access 2007. M...

Mailbox cleanup agent
Hi, Id' like to setup the Mailbox Cleanup Agent but I'd like to be sure before I start anything. Is this agent installed with Exchange 2003 or do you have to install it separately? When I right-click on the Mailboxes in my Mailbox Store, there is a "Run Cleanup Agent" item but if I look at the Services running, Microsoft Exchange Mailbox Cleanup Agent is not present. Your reply is much appreciated. Glenn Glenn-- The "Mailbox Cleanup Agent" is just a cleanup process that updates the information about orphaned/reconnected mailboxes. If you are looking ...

Moving mailboxes to different domain
I need to export the contents of a number of mailboxes to .pst files, and send them to a different company, where these people are now working. What's the easiest way to export (in bulk) if a lot of the mailboxes are over the 2 GB .pst limit? Ed There is no easy way. You can use Exmerge and export based on Date Ranges - that's probably the easiest thing to do. I'd do 2 exports. Run Exmerge once against all the mailboxes that are smaller than 2gb (give yourself some wiggle room though because SIS gets broken and the PST will be bigger than the current mailbox), then ru...

Can't access any Newgroups
I'm running Win 7 OS, on a new Acer laptop with 3 GB RAM, MBAM, SAS, Spyware Doctor with AV. I'm currently in another state and just was able to finally get my WLM mail working for the 2 accounts I have. Now when I try to sign up to newsgroups WLM attempts to generate a list of newsgroups but keeps failing saying `Cannot connect to newgroups and that there's something wrong with my WL mail account. But I can sign into Live just fine. Perhaps I'm not connected to the right server port (I had this problem when I tried to read and send mail). Any suggestions for ...

access 97
I have a form with a number of fields, as well as one field "Proceed?" (Y/N). What I need the form to do is...... only allow the proceed field to show "Y" when there are entries in particular fields. If one of the fields does not have an entry, then Proceed will show "N". Any ideas how I could code the form to show the correct value in the Proceed field? My next step after this is to enable/disable a button on the form based upon the value in the Proceed field. Cheers ...